Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Rick Perry has lost the Republican nomination

Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 9:48:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seriously, that was brutal:

I know Sarah Palin had similar gaffes, but she was neither a candidate for president or in front of a live audience when they happened. With this and Cain's sex scandal, Romney is looking more and more likely.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 9:57:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 9:48:59 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Seriously, that was brutal:

I know Sarah Palin had similar gaffes, but she was neither a candidate for president or in front of a live audience when they happened. With this and Cain's sex scandal, Romney is looking more and more likely.

Youre late. See my "Rick Perry Is A Fraud" thread from a few weeks ago.
I predicted his inevitable demise. >
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 10:00:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Perry lost the campaign a long time ago, but who knows, people may take that mistake for "Oh he's human and that was funny."

Running for student council, the candidate for president made a mistake and accidentally said, " I will NOT take this position seriously" instead of "I will take this position seriously." The crowd laughed and he won by a crazy majority. Not that highschool figurehead elections have any bearing on the national level, but people eat up things like this, and give overwhelming support BECAUSE he made that mistake.

Did anyone else notice that Bachmann NEVER answered the question? She just blamed Obama every other sentence.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 10:39:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 9:48:59 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Seriously, that was brutal:

I know Sarah Palin had similar gaffes, but she was neither a candidate for president or in front of a live audience when they happened. With this and Cain's sex scandal, Romney is looking more and more likely.

Yeah, everyone knows that Perry is done. I think he's fallen to like 4th or 5th in the polls and his supporters have already moved on. There is little chance of them actually coming back.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 2:02:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

Plus Herman Cain handled the character assassination questions quite well and I think he pretty much put the issue to rest.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 2:12:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 2:02:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

Plus Herman Cain handled the character assassination questions quite well and I think he pretty much put the issue to rest.

Romney will beat Cain. This scandal will sink him like the titanic. Just watch and see.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 2:16:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 2:12:46 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/10/2011 2:02:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

Plus Herman Cain handled the character assassination questions quite well and I think he pretty much put the issue to rest.

Romney will beat Cain. This scandal will sink him like the titanic. Just watch and see.

Did you hear that applause after he responded to the sexual harassment allegations? Geo's right (words you may never see again) this whole scandal is only energizing his campaign and the liberal news media, shamefully, is trying to stop that from happening.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 2:58:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 2:16:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/10/2011 2:12:46 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/10/2011 2:02:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

Plus Herman Cain handled the character assassination questions quite well and I think he pretty much put the issue to rest.

Romney will beat Cain. This scandal will sink him like the titanic. Just watch and see.

Did you hear that applause after he responded to the sexual harassment allegations? Geo's right (words you may never see again) this whole scandal is only energizing his campaign and the liberal news media, shamefully, is trying to stop that from happening.

No, Cain is done. It will be a few weeks before it sinks into the numbers, but his push came way too soon and it will fade long before the first romination election state.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 4:04:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@000ike

Are you suggesting you support Cain? You said it's shameful the Liberal media is trying to de-energize his campaign.

@Kinesis

Why?

@OreEle

No. His momentum has lasted and sustained longer than any other "rising top tier candidate." See Perry, see Bachmann. Cain has not succumbed to that crash.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 4:12:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 4:04:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@OreEle

No. His momentum has lasted and sustained longer than any other "rising top tier candidate." See Perry, see Bachmann. Cain has not succumbed to that crash.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...

Perry's "rise" began on 8/6 (that was when his main rise started), and his crash began on 9/15. Cain's rise started on 10/4, so he still has 4 days before he hits the same length of time that Perry did. Meanwhile, Romney, even through Perry's rise, and Cain's rise, has never fallen below 15%.

I don't really count Bachman, because she never reached upper levels (her top support was only 14 points, which barely put her in 2nd at that time), but the longevity of it was from 6/14 to 8/9, and her fall can be directly tied to the rise of Perry (meaning her supporters like to bounce around). Cain will see the same thing.

Perry broke away from Romney by over 12 points at the most, Cain has already flatlined, and is only 1.9 points in the lead. I see no reason to see it holding, especially when his supporters are bouncers, while Romney's are not.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 8:09:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He hasn't lost yet... If he steps up his debate performance then he has a chance.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 8:17:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 4:04:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@000ike

Are you suggesting you support Cain? You said it's shameful the Liberal media is trying to de-energize his campaign.

lol of course not. By shamefully, I was referring to the treatment of the so-called sex scandal. I thought it was unfair the way they took mere unfounded accusations and attempted to drive it into a national issue.

Cain still won't win even though these allegations are helping his image among republicans.

If Mitt Romney wins, I think that Obama would get much of the Libertarian vote, so, really, this election, the GOP candidacy, and the GOP debate is a joke.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 8:44:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Intrade has Romney receiving the nomination at over 70% while Cain and Perry are both >5 behind Newt Gingrich. The Republicans would be crazy to elect Cain; he's utterly unelectable once his batsh*t views get more publically known.

AFAIK 4 different women have stepped up to accuse Cain. I don't see how we can just dismiss that.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 9:11:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo, do you or do you not support Herman Cain? You seem to be trying to defend him here and on past threads. Which I find strange given your libertarian views, and the fact that you clearly possess at least half a functioning brain.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 6:36:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 9:11:34 PM, jat93 wrote:
Geo, do you or do you not support Herman Cain? You seem to be trying to defend him here and on past threads. Which I find strange given your libertarian views, and the fact that you clearly possess at least half a functioning brain.

Herman Cain seems like a nice guy and he's entertaining to watch. Obviously his views conflict with my Libertarian views, but not to the degree that other candidates do. He's the second best choice if Ron Paul doesn't win.

It's worth noting that he is running an unconventional campaign and is running on small funds.

And I can hope that perhaps once he gets in office he may be more of a Libertarian than what he campaigned as because people always lean one direction or another once in office and reveal something different than what they campaigned as.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 10:00:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 6:36:19 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/10/2011 9:11:34 PM, jat93 wrote:
Geo, do you or do you not support Herman Cain? You seem to be trying to defend him here and on past threads. Which I find strange given your libertarian views, and the fact that you clearly possess at least half a functioning brain.

Herman Cain seems like a nice guy and he's entertaining to watch.

He is being accused of trying to grab a girls crouch and shoving her head down to his crouch.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 3:31:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/10/2011 2:24:56 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

If Cain wins the republicans are retards. :/

This fact about Republicans is not contingent on whether Cain wins. Lol.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 4:18:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 10:00:06 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:36:19 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Herman Cain seems like a nice guy and he's entertaining to watch.

He is being accused of trying to grab a girls crouch and shoving her head down to his crouch.

Clearly they weren't bothered by it otherwise they wouldn't have waited 10 years to make the accusations just as Cain started rising in the polls.

This couldn't be anymore blatant bullsh!t. Whether the accusations are true or not, they were made to try to stop Cain from winning. Not because the women were devastated. Not to mention, those women have probably been advanced on by many men. BS.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 4:32:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 3:31:14 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/10/2011 2:24:56 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

If Cain wins the republicans are retards. :/

This fact about Republicans is not contingent on whether Cain wins. Lol.

P1: Only retards would nominate Herman Cain.
P2: The republicans would nominate Herman Cain.
C: Republicans are retards.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 4:35:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mind you, Cain did quote from the pokemon 2000 theme song in his first debate, so I guess that counts for something. That movie was great.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 4:45:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 4:32:41 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/12/2011 3:31:14 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/10/2011 2:24:56 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Herman Cain will beat Romney.

If Cain wins the republicans are retards. :/

This fact about Republicans is not contingent on whether Cain wins. Lol.

P1: Only retards would nominate Herman Cain.
P2: The republicans would nominate Herman Cain.
C: Republicans are retards.

Ay but this ignores the fact that Cain supports basic Republican ideology. Republican ideology is retarded. Therefore, Republicans are retarded regardless of their support for another Republican(Cain in this instance). Check and mate.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 4:52:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ay but this ignores the fact that Cain supports basic Republican ideology. Republican ideology is retarded. Therefore, Republicans are retarded regardless of their support for another Republican(Cain in this instance). Check and mate.

No no, I'm not making a comment on republicanism per say, only about Herman Cain. He's a clown. The scary thing is that apparently a hell of a lot of republicans are going to try and nominate him anyway.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 5:03:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 4:52:27 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Ay but this ignores the fact that Cain supports basic Republican ideology. Republican ideology is retarded. Therefore, Republicans are retarded regardless of their support for another Republican(Cain in this instance). Check and mate.

No no, I'm not making a comment on republicanism per say, only about Herman Cain. He's a clown. The scary thing is that apparently a hell of a lot of republicans are going to try and nominate him anyway.

Look at their choices. Bachmann, Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Johnson, Paul(he's pro gay marriage so he's out). What do you expect?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.