Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Newt Gingrichis the best republican canidate.

16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Most Honest: Ron Paul

Most Dangerous: Michele Bachmann

Stupidest: Rick Perry

Most Unlikely to win: Newt Gingrich (He's just in a poll peak because the other competitors are in a slump after scandals and poor debate performances, give him a week or two, he'll fall back to the bottom)

Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

Most Untrustworthy: Mitt Romney

Most Likely to Win: Obama
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 10:46:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?

Lol, Im gonna end up voting for whichever Republican wins the primary... Not because I like them, but because they suck a little bit less than Obama

I actually dont even believe in democracy, which is really just theft by the majority.... Although, Republicans want to steal a little bit less from me than Democrats do...

ANyways, Gingrich is a smart guy with no discipline, Perry is a retard, Cain is... well he certainly isnt the guy I would put up against Obama, Paul is a nut (even though I am much closer to agreeing with him than anyone else... he is a nut because he thinks that his ideas, and they are generally good ideas, will ever be supported by the majority), Bachman... is pointless...., Huntsman is a liberal, Santorum is someone who never will catch on, and Romney is a guy lacking core beliefs and convictions....

I dont love the field... and I am not a Republican... I do think that any of these guys are better than our current President who is a state socialist... I would say Romney has the best shot of getting Obama out of office, so I would just go with him
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 10:49:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:46:43 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?

Lol, Im gonna end up voting for whichever Republican wins the primary... Not because I like them, but because they suck a little bit less than Obama

I actually dont even believe in democracy, which is really just theft by the majority.... Although, Republicans want to steal a little bit less from me than Democrats do...

ANyways, Gingrich is a smart guy with no discipline, Perry is a retard, Cain is... well he certainly isnt the guy I would put up against Obama, Paul is a nut (even though I am much closer to agreeing with him than anyone else... he is a nut because he thinks that his ideas, and they are generally good ideas, will ever be supported by the majority), Bachman... is pointless...., Huntsman is a liberal, Santorum is someone who never will catch on, and Romney is a guy lacking core beliefs and convictions....

I dont love the field... and I am not a Republican... I do think that any of these guys are better than our current President who is a state socialist... I would say Romney has the best shot of getting Obama out of office, so I would just go with him

Just curious, if you could vote, who would you vote for: Herman Cain or Barack Obama?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 10:53:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Honest: Ron Paul

Most Dangerous: Michele Bachmann

Stupidest: Rick Perry

Most Unlikely to win: Newt Gingrich (He's just in a poll peak because the other competitors are in a slump after scandals and poor debate performances, give him a week or two, he'll fall back to the bottom)

Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

Most Untrustworthy: Mitt Romney

Most Likely to Win: Obama

I can pretty much guarantee that Herman Cain is much smarter than you.

Also why do you have stupidest candidate and most unintelligible If they both pretty much mean the same thing.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 11:00:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:49:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:46:43 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?

Lol, Im gonna end up voting for whichever Republican wins the primary... Not because I like them, but because they suck a little bit less than Obama

I actually dont even believe in democracy, which is really just theft by the majority.... Although, Republicans want to steal a little bit less from me than Democrats do...

ANyways, Gingrich is a smart guy with no discipline, Perry is a retard, Cain is... well he certainly isnt the guy I would put up against Obama, Paul is a nut (even though I am much closer to agreeing with him than anyone else... he is a nut because he thinks that his ideas, and they are generally good ideas, will ever be supported by the majority), Bachman... is pointless...., Huntsman is a liberal, Santorum is someone who never will catch on, and Romney is a guy lacking core beliefs and convictions....

I dont love the field... and I am not a Republican... I do think that any of these guys are better than our current President who is a state socialist... I would say Romney has the best shot of getting Obama out of office, so I would just go with him

Just curious, if you could vote, who would you vote for: Herman Cain or Barack Obama?

Herman Cain, that's easy...

Herman Cain would steal far less from me than would Obama
President of DDO
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 11:07:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:53:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

I can pretty much guarantee that Herman Cain is much smarter than you.

Remember, you're talking about a guy who claimed that government shouldn't be involved with abortion at all and that abortion should be illegal within seconds of each other.

As for the rest of the candidates, I obviously prefer Ron Paul the most (even though the media seems to be trying to shut him down again, he only got a minute and a half in the last debate), although my second choice would have to be Gingrich.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 11:12:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 11:07:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:53:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

I can pretty much guarantee that Herman Cain is much smarter than you.

Remember, you're talking about a guy who claimed that government shouldn't be involved with abortion at all and that abortion should be illegal within seconds of each other.

Yes, however Herman Cain is definitely a sharp man. He completely owned Bill Clinton in healthcare:

He also has a bachelors in mathematics and a masters in computer science, both difficult fields. He demonstrated his business skills through getting Godfather Pizza out of bankruptcy.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 11:24:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:53:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Honest: Ron Paul

Most Dangerous: Michele Bachmann

Stupidest: Rick Perry

Most Unlikely to win: Newt Gingrich (He's just in a poll peak because the other competitors are in a slump after scandals and poor debate performances, give him a week or two, he'll fall back to the bottom)

Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

Most Untrustworthy: Mitt Romney

Most Likely to Win: Obama

I can pretty much guarantee that Herman Cain is much smarter than you.

Also why do you have stupidest candidate and most unintelligible If they both pretty much mean the same thing.

stupid, is in the goofy sense. Cain, knows nothing. He answers every question by dodging it or referring to his ridiculous tax plan. In fact most of his non-debate answers are, "I will have to speak with my advisors first because...."

On top of that, you say Cain's much smarter than I am. As much as I hate to mention age, you always force my hand by making asinine comments. Well, naming an adult thats running for president of the United States as smarter than a 15 year old is not a very impressive comparison. I hope you realize that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 11:38:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Most of the Republican field seems unelectable, but if I had to choose one it would be Romney. He just has to shift to the center during the Presidential election and he might have a shot, it'll depend how the rest of the year turns out. I can say Romney is getting the nomination with a fair amount of confidence.

I'm not saying Cain's an idiot, but I've been following the ike-dk discussion and Cain gaffes frequently. Have you seen the clip about him on abortion? He recently had another instance where he came out as clueless on foreign policy with Libya here: http://townhall.com.... The response with Clinton was also prepared; in his interviews he seem to repeatedly revert back to general conservative concepts (tax cuts, shrinking government) without giving real substance. He's had plenty of gaffes that his fan base simply overlooks. Watch his interview on Meet the Press.

He's been the one candidate I've been following a decent amount, actually.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:18:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Honest: Ron Paul

Also most unelectable, because of our party structure.

Most Dangerous: Michele Bachmann

Agreed. Imagine a Bachman-Palin ticket. That's worth making an SNL skit over.

Stupidest: Rick Perry

Most Unlikely to win: Newt Gingrich (He's just in a poll peak because the other competitors are in a slump after scandals and poor debate performances, give him a week or two, he'll fall back to the bottom)

Excluding Paul, yes.

Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

Cain looks to me like the least dangerous candidate aside from Paul. He doesn't have that Christian Conservative edge.

Most Untrustworthy: Mitt Romney

Most Likely to Win: Obama

Unless someone else comes out. I don't think it's going to be a landslide either.
Rob
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:07:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Corrupt and characterless ole Newt is the best that the conservative camp has to put up against Obama, how pathetic is that?!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 5:34:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think Newt actually has a big chance of winning. He has been on the rise from 5% on up this entire time. growth has been slow but steady, bates well and is a smart guy. He appeals to conservatives like me and the right leaning moderates. He has solved scandals with his wives by saying he repented. Even though that doesn't fix it being a whor% wont affect how you run a country. So I think Newt has a chance to win and will run the country well, and could beat Obama in a debate.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 6:05:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I favor Gingrich. I don't know if he can win the Republican nomination, but he'd make the best president.

Ron Paul favors allowing a worldwide nuclear arms race. Nah.

Any of the Republicans would be a lot better than Obama.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 9:19:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:07:11 AM, charleslb wrote:
Corrupt and characterless ole Newt is the best that the conservative camp has to put up against Obama, how pathetic is that?!

So who is going to object? Certainly not Democrats or liberals who jumped up and down that in the case of Clinton all sexual matters were irrelevant to politics. Clinton was accused of rape and indecent exposure by accusers who stood up and identified themselves. Even perjury was okay, because it was about sex. Republicans won't complain, because he's their candidate and he has admitted fault and asked forgiveness. Christians are big on redemption.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 9:39:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?

Favorite: Ron Paul
Who I think best represents Libertarians and Conservatives alike: Mit Romney
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 9:41:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Honest: Ron Paul

Most Dangerous: Michele Bachmann

Stupidest: Rick Perry

Most Unlikely to win: Newt Gingrich (He's just in a poll peak because the other competitors are in a slump after scandals and poor debate performances, give him a week or two, he'll fall back to the bottom)

Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

Most Untrustworthy: Mitt Romney

Most Likely to Win: Obama

Obama won't win. If he does, you better tape your bum shut, because he will see it as consent to rape this country.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 10:06:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 9:39:08 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?

Favorite: Ron Paul
Who I think best represents Libertarians and Conservatives alike: Mit Romney

Why would any libertarian, or even a conservative, like Mitt Romney? He's practically a liberal in domestic policy.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 10:54:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 10:00:05 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I could really care less who sits in the white house.

It's the Congress... stupid...

That is your fallacy. Regulations and agencies from the executive branch have more power then you think. Regulations hold up as laws in most cases, and the agency's also make regulations that act as laws for the industry they look over. Example, EPA regulates the crap out of everything and ruins the economy. And if the president didn't like that move he could destroy that agency. If he likes then he can expand them and inadvertently giving him more power, it is like a CEO and a manager. A manager actually runs the details, but the CEO can fire the manager if he does his job not to the CEO's liking.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 11:10:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 10:37:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I just want to see what all of you think. I like Gingrich the best. Who is your favorite republican canidate? Or is it obama?

I hate Gingrich the most out of all the canadates that are an option. He is the personification of washington politics as is, and he is a total scumbag. He actual stated in an interview once that if anyone quoted him, even if the quote was in context, from a paticular interview that it was fallicious because his statements were not intended to be factual. He lost any chance for me to take him seriously, find him credible, or ever respect him after that. I would vote for Obama over him anyday just cause I hate Gingrich that much for being a typical scumbag politician.

I dont really like the pizza man that much and while he tries to paint himself as not being a politician but a busnessman fact is coporate CEO come out of the same stock as politions. He also is not equiped to handle foriegn politics at all.

I dont think the presedent should have altimers so that eleminates Perry

Right now my favorite canadie...Mike Huckabee and he decided to make money instead of spend it by not running and just doing his show. Now would be a really good time for him to change his mind though

untimately Rick Santorum is my second choice to that right now but he just does not look presidential in any shot they get of him at the debates. or any shot at all really. He should were his glasses again they made him look more like he could be presedent than his current look is doing. (I know thats a dumb thing to complain about...)

all the other options are either cultist, stupid, or Ron Paul.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 1:19:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here is historian and best selling author Tom Woods making the case against Newt Gingrich (from a conservative point of view) - http://www.tomwoods.com...

However, though I profoundly disagree with his hawkish, interventionist foreign policy, and though he's just another big government RINO (Republican In Name Only) who would do nothing to seriously reduce government size.... I don't mind him compared to the stupider of the bunch. He is at least an intellectual, he tends to mean what he says, and he doesn't flip-flop.

Though Ron Paul is my first choice, I also like Gary Johnson and don't mind Gingrich or Huntsman. If I absolutely had to choose between either of those candidates and Barack Obama - meaning I couldn't opt out or write someone in - I would choose any of those 4 in a heartbeat. However "don't mind" doesn't mean I support them... It just means they use their brains AND are somewhat sincere (don't flip-flop), which cannot be said of Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann, or Santorum. Though Santorum is sincere, he's also hands down the most dangerous candidate for freedom in America, and most of his views are just moronic.

As a libertarian, I would be much more open to Gingrich if he a) wasn't so dangerously social conservative, in the sense that he thinks America is a Christian nation, and that it's under the "threat of secularism" b) wasn't so hawkish on foreign policy, would bring some troops home, and wouldn't be so quick to jump into more needless, bloody, immoral, unconstitutional warfare. I imagine the same goes for most Paul supporters - not in the sense that they'd vote for him, though.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 9:40:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/14/2011 11:12:23 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/14/2011 11:07:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:53:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/14/2011 10:42:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
Most Unintelligible: Herman Cain

I can pretty much guarantee that Herman Cain is much smarter than you.

Remember, you're talking about a guy who claimed that government shouldn't be involved with abortion at all and that abortion should be illegal within seconds of each other.

Yes, however Herman Cain is definitely a sharp man. He completely owned Bill Clinton in healthcare:



He also has a bachelors in mathematics and a masters in computer science, both difficult fields. He demonstrated his business skills through getting Godfather Pizza out of bankruptcy.

The latter isn't necessarily a good thing.

While I agree that most of the western world, much less just America, needs something of an economic boot up the backside, I do wonder how much good a President who's openly all about businesses will be.

Remember that part of the problem for Bush was his close connections with oil businesses in particular. While I doubt Cain will be invading Italy for their pizzas if he did win, I'm not certain that someone with his business past would be right for the American people.

Having said that, it's probably impossible to have any politician that hasn't worked in business at one point or another. After all, business is the best way to show leadership and competence, if you suceed then you win, if not, you get fired.

(Theoretically)

To be honest, what knowledge of macroeconomics I have would call for a Conservative Candidate, I have to say I'm not fond of the lineup.

Romney seems like the kind of guy who's more comfortable following than leading, which produces its own problems.

I wouldn't trust Bachmann with a telephone, much less nuclear armamant codes.

Gingrich has spent far too much time p*ssing people off. Given his political history with policies like Medicare and his Welfare reform promiss, I doubt he'd get any serious backing from any serious political majority. Newty's useful, but not like that.

Rick Perry would probably set America back some twenty to thirty years in scientific advancement purely by sittiing down for the first time in the Oval Office.

Ron Paul...f*ck I don't know what to think about him. On the one hand he seemed genuine enough but then you can say that about anyone. While his political ideals can be argued to stray somewhat from the norm for his party. That makes him unpredictable. The old dude might have a Mr Rogers smile but I sincerely doubt he could keep either a left or right congress and house on his side in the event of election. Even if he could, he's no less religious than Perry, he just isn't so loud about it. The only thing worse than Perry is someone with Perry's religious beliefs who's about ten times smarter and ten times more appealing.

Part of me wants him to get elected purely for the voyeurstic pleasure in watching specific politicians soil themselves while others wonder if it's ok to be outraged by default.

I don't suppose there are any right-leaning Liberals on hand are there?
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:48:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/16/2011 1:19:05 AM, jat93 wrote:
Here is historian and best selling author Tom Woods making the case against Newt Gingrich (from a conservative point of view) - http://www.tomwoods.com...

However, though I profoundly disagree with his hawkish, interventionist foreign policy, and though he's just another big government RINO (Republican In Name Only) who would do nothing to seriously reduce government size.... I don't mind him compared to the stupider of the bunch. He is at least an intellectual, he tends to mean what he says, and he doesn't flip-flop.
This bold part is false, at the start of his campaign he was against Paul Ryans prosperity plan calling it right wing extreamism. then in like the very next interview after he found the public conservatives did not like that stance he completely flip floped disowning himself in the most literal sense possible from the previous interview saying he completely agreed with Paul Ryan and thought he had a good idea. Mitt Romney is less of a flip flopper than Newt Gingrich is and that says a lot.

Though Ron Paul is my first choice, I also like Gary Johnson and don't mind Gingrich or Huntsman. If I absolutely had to choose between either of those candidates and Barack Obama - meaning I couldn't opt out or write someone in - I would choose any of those 4 in a heartbeat. However "don't mind" doesn't mean I support them... It just means they use their brains AND are somewhat sincere (don't flip-flop), which cannot be said of Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann, or Santorum. Though Santorum is sincere, he's also hands down the most dangerous candidate for freedom in America, and most of his views are just moronic.
like what?

As a libertarian, I would be much more open to Gingrich if he a) wasn't so dangerously social conservative, in the sense that he thinks America is a Christian nation, and that it's under the "threat of secularism" b) wasn't so hawkish on foreign policy, would bring some troops home, and wouldn't be so quick to jump into more needless, bloody, immoral, unconstitutional warfare. I imagine the same goes for most Paul supporters - not in the sense that they'd vote for him, though.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.