Jump to topic:

Ron Paul

cameronl35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 5:46:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think there are quite a few people who agree with his ideas (he represents mine the best)...but his ideas are too extreme...anybody think he might have a shot? Why/why not?
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 5:51:06 PM
He doesn't seem to have a shot, really. Cain and Romney are leading the polls. Paul is really far behind. I can't even remember the last time I heard him mentioned on the news.
cameronl35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 6:13:11 PM
At 11/15/2011 5:51:06 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
He doesn't seem to have a shot, really. Cain and Romney are leading the polls. Paul is really far behind. I can't even remember the last time I heard him mentioned on the news.

Agreed, it's almost a vote thrown away...I'm not a fan of Cain and Romney's too much of a centrist...however that is somewhat acceptable at this point.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 6:18:55 PM
At 11/15/2011 5:46:39 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
I think there are quite a few people who agree with his ideas (he represents mine the best)...but his ideas are too extreme...anybody think he might have a shot? Why/why not?

No, he does not have a chance. All the people that are going to support him are already in his camp. He will not be getting any more support.

Just look at the turbulence in the republican nominees. We had Romney leading, then a lot of people left him and went to Bachmann, then to Perry, then to Cain, and now they are starting to go to Gingrich. In all that support moving around between candidates, Paul remains a very flat 8% support. Of all these people moving around, none are moving into the Paul camp.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 1:55:59 AM
To all those saying he has no shot -

In most polls for the early voting states Paul is either in 2nd or 3rd place. The polls for those states are the only ones that matter... Hypothetically if someone won all the first few primaries they'd gather a whole lot of momentum instantaneously and probably win. That being said, check out this poll from Iowa which has had many media outlets officially referring to Paul as a frontrunner in the race -

http://www.bloomberg.com... - this poll shows Paul in second place, in a statistical tie for first, and that's only with those expected to vote... Paul is always under-represented in these polls because he has the most independents, Democrats, and previous non-registered voters.

And check out the following article written in light of that poll suggesting that, far from being likely, Ron Paul definitely has a chance... if he performs well in Iowa - http://dailycaller.com...

Soon, when Cain drops back to the bottom tier (it will happen very soon), the race will be between Romney, Gingrich, and Paul. I'd say Paul has way more of a chance than Perry, Bachmann, Cain, Santorum, or Huntsman. All those candidates either never gained traction or have faded/are in the process of fading.
RFH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 1:58:02 PM
At 11/16/2011 1:55:59 AM, jat93 wrote:
To all those saying he has no shot -

In most polls for the early voting states Paul is either in 2nd or 3rd place. The polls for those states are the only ones that matter... Hypothetically if someone won all the first few primaries they'd gather a whole lot of momentum instantaneously and probably win. That being said, check out this poll from Iowa which has had many media outlets officially referring to Paul as a frontrunner in the race -

http://www.bloomberg.com... - this poll shows Paul in second place, in a statistical tie for first, and that's only with those expected to vote... Paul is always under-represented in these polls because he has the most independents, Democrats, and previous non-registered voters.

And check out the following article written in light of that poll suggesting that, far from being likely, Ron Paul definitely has a chance... if he performs well in Iowa - http://dailycaller.com...

Soon, when Cain drops back to the bottom tier (it will happen very soon), the race will be between Romney, Gingrich, and Paul. I'd say Paul has way more of a chance than Perry, Bachmann, Cain, Santorum, or Huntsman. All those candidates either never gained traction or have faded/are in the process of fading.

Yes, considering the way this race has gone so far I think [url=http://www.megaultron.com...]Ron Paul could win Iowa[/url] and perhaps even New Hampshire.