Jump to topic:

How To Handle War in Libya: 9-9-9

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 1:43:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just recently, Herman Cain was asked by a reporter about how he would handle Libya.

Reporter: How do you plan to handle the conflict in Libya?

Herman Cain: Nine... Nine... Nine...

Classic.

What's hilarious is that a month back, me and my friends were joking that he should respond to every question with 9-9-9, and now it looks like the joke has become reality. He simply responds to every question with that answer.

I heard the clip while listening to Michael Savage, so no source, though it might be on YouTube.

Savage (who likes Cain but thinks this is funny) was commenting on it wondering how Cain will handle diplomatic relations with China and their nuclear program "hmm, nuclear program, ...missiles. No no, 9-9-9." Lol.

How would you guys feel if this guy made it to office?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 2:20:24 PM
At 11/16/2011 1:43:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Just recently, Herman Cain was asked by a reporter about how he would handle Libya.

Classic.

What's hilarious is that a month back, me and my friends were joking that he should respond to every question with 9-9-9, and now it looks like the joke has become reality. He simply responds to every question with that answer.

I heard the clip while listening to Michael Savage, so no source, though it might be on YouTube.

Savage (who likes Cain but thinks this is funny) was commenting on it wondering how Cain will handle diplomatic relations with China and their nuclear program "hmm, nuclear program, ...missiles. No no, 9-9-9." Lol.

Since the office of the presidency is a joke, much like the monarchs in England, I would think that it would be fitting.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 4:28:27 PM

Classic.

I would be so distraught. I'd rather vote Obama than this guy. Most other candidates including Obama have many policies that I vehemently disagree with... But the thing is, they have stances on the issues; Cain doesn't. He has NO foreign policy - literally, he would leave it up to anonymous advisers to decide. He has NO political experience whatsoever. Zero, nada, zilch. That's pretty scary. He's just not qualified to be in government.

Oh, and he flip-flops more and worse than Romney. Often in the same day (happened with abortion and dealing with terrorists). Thing is, Romney's cunning and devious and knows how to cover himself up. Cain is too stupid to do that.

Anyone who would vote for him seriously needs their head checked. If you like Cain's economics, there are other candidates who have similar views but aren't totally ignorant to 90% of stuff a President has to deal with. Since when does being a moderately successful businessman mean you're fully qualified to be President of America?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 4:32:06 PM

Classic.

In all fairness, if we could have convinced Qadaffi to adopt the 9-9-9, if we waited a year we wouldn't have to send anyone to invade.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 4:33:14 PM
How would you guys feel if this guy made it to office?:

I think he's underqualified to be president of the United States, though he's still a better option than Perry, Romney, Bachmann, and Santorum.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 4:35:26 PM
At 11/16/2011 4:28:27 PM, jat93 wrote:

Classic.

I would be so distraught. I'd rather vote Obama than this guy. Most other candidates including Obama have many policies that I vehemently disagree with... But the thing is, they have stances on the issues; Cain doesn't. He has NO foreign policy - literally, he would leave it up to anonymous advisers to decide. He has NO political experience whatsoever. Zero, nada, zilch. That's pretty scary. He's just not qualified to be in government.

Oh, and he flip-flops more and worse than Romney. Often in the same day (happened with abortion and dealing with terrorists). Thing is, Romney's cunning and devious and knows how to cover himself up. Cain is too stupid to do that.

Anyone who would vote for him seriously needs their head checked. If you like Cain's economics, there are other candidates who have similar views but aren't totally ignorant to 90% of stuff a President has to deal with. Since when does being a moderately successful businessman mean you're fully qualified to be President of America?

I'm in a similar position with jat. His stance on homosexuality ("it's a choice") is outrageous he's repeatedly shown his cluelessness in foreign policy. Certain aspects of his campaign ("no bills over 3 pages long") and constantly appeals to "common sense" imply valuing a sort of anti-intellectualism. He'd be disastrous on foreign affairs and social policy, and his economic policy would just be run of the mill free market economics which I have some sympathies towards. Oh, and his 9-9-9 raises taxes on 84% of the population...
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 4:35:58 PM
At 11/16/2011 4:33:14 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
How would you guys feel if this guy made it to office?:

I think he's underqualified to be president of the United States, though he's still a better option than Perry, Romney, Bachmann, and Santorum.

I would support Romney over Cain.