Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Views of Libertarians?

Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:13:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What viewpoints do they have in certain controversial issues?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:53:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

We are also for those things because we think those things best facilitate prosperity.
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:03:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

I think that adhering to that ideology is what they think is going to make the world a better place. It's relative
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:18:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

Libertarians have more faith in the free market to do what is good than the government.

Though I am an anarchist, the only thing I have faith in is the mankind's ability to fvck everything up. I don't think people will be happy no matter what the situation.

The problem is that too many look externally for happiness, when happiness can only be found from within, maaaaaaan.

The way things are on the outside is a reflection of the way the people are on the inside. As you can see, we live in a very fvked world. At least, if you are an idealist. I think it's fine. Learn how to get stupid people to make you rich. That doesn't mean you have to be a wanker about it though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:35:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:13:44 AM, Yarely wrote:
What viewpoints do they have in certain controversial issues?

Instead of just looking at individual issues, libertarianism can be best summed up with the non-aggression principle. It states that no one may coerce anyone else with violence, the threat of violence, or fraud and that any instance of doing so is criminal and morally wrong. Different libertarians obviously draw different conclusions from it. Abortion is an example. Libertarians can pretty much go either way.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:54:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Some issues that libertarians have varying opinions on are abortion, the death penalty, gay marriage, government regulation of pollution, and how far drug legalization should go.
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:05:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Libertarians would oppose institutional racism (racism by the government), but allow individuals to discriminate, figuring that the free market would punish those who didn't accept revenue from many due solely to their race.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:09:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.

Well, at least the institutional rascism anyways.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:12:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:05:13 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Libertarians would oppose institutional racism (racism by the government), but allow individuals to discriminate, figuring that the free market would punish those who didn't accept revenue from many due solely to their race.

Oh okay
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:15:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.

So do some libertarians believe in pure freedom, and do some believe in freedom as long as people's rights are not infringed upon?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:20:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:15:07 PM, Yarely wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.

So do some libertarians believe in pure freedom, and do some believe in freedom as long as people's rights are not infringed upon?

Mostly
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:23:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:20:53 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:15:07 PM, Yarely wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.

So do some libertarians believe in pure freedom, and do some believe in freedom as long as people's rights are not infringed upon?

Mostly

Okay thanks! :D
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 7:48:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:15:07 PM, Yarely wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.

So do some libertarians believe in pure freedom, and do some believe in freedom as long as people's rights are not infringed upon?

Libertarians believe in minarchism, and that the sole purpose of the Government is to protect the life, liberty, and property of the people. Liberty is latin for freedom.

The UKLP's motto is, "For Life, Liberty, and Prosperity"

An example of a Libertarian movement would be the Free State project, which says in it's mission statement;
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world"

The founding Fathers were also Libertarians as the first continental Congress passed legislation in 1774 that declared;

"That the inhabitants of the English colonies in North-America, by the immutable laws of nature, the principles of the English constitution, and the several charters or compacts, have the following RIGHTS:
N.C.D. 1. That they are entitled to life, liberty and property: and they have never ceded to any foreign power whatever, a right to dispose of either without their consent. "
http://avalon.law.yale.edu...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:04:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:13:44 AM, Yarely wrote:
What viewpoints do they have in certain controversial issues?

Utopian and unrealistic.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:06:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 8:04:07 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:13:44 AM, Yarely wrote:
What viewpoints do they have in certain controversial issues?

Utopian and unrealistic.

You can argue that about all ideals.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:24:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 7:48:24 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:15:07 PM, Yarely wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:07:47 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 7:02:24 PM, Yarely wrote:
I have a question. If it was the Reconstruction era in America (1865–1877) right now, and there were problems in the South with discriminating freed men, what would the Libertarians say about that? Would they accept the South discriminating against the freed men because the South need freedom of actions? Just wondering. How would the Libertarian person view this in the Reconstruction era?

Well, in the eyes of a libertarian the governments only purpose is to make sure that the people's rights are not infringed upon, so they would despatch the either the militia or army to make sure that the descrimination stops.

So do some libertarians believe in pure freedom, and do some believe in freedom as long as people's rights are not infringed upon?

Libertarians believe in minarchism, and that the sole purpose of the Government is to protect the life, liberty, and property of the people. Liberty is latin for freedom.

The UKLP's motto is, "For Life, Liberty, and Prosperity"

An example of a Libertarian movement would be the Free State project, which says in it's mission statement;
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world"


The founding Fathers were also Libertarians as the first continental Congress passed legislation in 1774 that declared;

"That the inhabitants of the English colonies in North-America, by the immutable laws of nature, the principles of the English constitution, and the several charters or compacts, have the following RIGHTS:
N.C.D. 1. That they are entitled to life, liberty and property: and they have never ceded to any foreign power whatever, a right to dispose of either without their consent. "
http://avalon.law.yale.edu...

Okay I see
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:32:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 5:53:29 PM, seraine wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

We are also for those things because we think those things best facilitate prosperity.

Yet reality and history proves that your wrong.
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:33:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 6:18:13 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that veiw point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

Libertarians have more faith in the free market to do what is good than the government.

Though I am an anarchist, the only thing I have faith in is the mankind's ability to fvck everything up. I don't think people will be happy no matter what the situation.

The problem is that too many look externally for happiness, when happiness can only be found from within, maaaaaaan.

The way things are on the outside is a reflection of the way the people are on the inside. As you can see, we live in a very fvked world. At least, if you are an idealist. I think it's fine. Learn how to get stupid people to make you rich. That doesn't mean you have to be a wanker about it though.

The problem is that too many look externally for happiness, when happiness can only be found from within, maaaaaaan.
I'll support that message.
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:39:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong

Don't make the claim "HISTORY SAYS SO." Explain why and use sources.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:50:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong

Can you elaborate?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 9:20:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 8:39:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong

Don't make the claim "HISTORY SAYS SO." Explain why and use sources.

http://www.usatoday.com...
^States that deregulated their energy sectors saw costs increase 30% more than states that regulated their energy sectors.

took less then 5 seconds
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 9:27:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 9:20:58 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:39:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong

Don't make the claim "HISTORY SAYS SO." Explain why and use sources.

http://www.usatoday.com...
^States that deregulated their energy sectors saw costs increase 30% more than states that regulated their energy sectors.

took less then 5 seconds

Willow thinks he has all this evidence on his side, but he doesnt. He doesnt even get basic logic.
President of DDO
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 9:39:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 9:20:58 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:39:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong

Don't make the claim "HISTORY SAYS SO." Explain why and use sources.

http://www.usatoday.com...
^States that deregulated their energy sectors saw costs increase 30% more than states that regulated their energy sectors.

took less then 5 seconds

http://www.forbes.com...

Deregulation is lowering prices as the market adjusts to the change.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:43:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 9:39:21 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 11/18/2011 9:20:58 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:39:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:36:02 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:32:28 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:50:29 PM, Willoweed wrote:
At 11/18/2011 5:27:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
They are for people doing anything they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Well, most of them have that view point anyway. They are for complete economic liberty. They are are basically for minimum government, and lots of freedom.

So basically they want to lower your living standards because they hate government and care more about adhering to some ideology then to actually making the world a better place.

No I'm pretty sure that is what you socialists do. :P Libertarians as well as Anarchists put prosperity in the hands of society itself rather then a hand full of ambitious tyrants with an agenda.

Socialists are people who think that every industry would be better if the government controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that the government is not better at managing some industries.
Libertarians people who think that every industry would be better off if the private market controlled it despite the fact that history has proven that government is better at managing some industries.
Total libertarians are the same as total socialists in that they both adhere to an ideology that has been proven wrong

Don't make the claim "HISTORY SAYS SO." Explain why and use sources.

http://www.usatoday.com...
^States that deregulated their energy sectors saw costs increase 30% more than states that regulated their energy sectors.

took less then 5 seconds

http://www.forbes.com...

Deregulation is lowering prices as the market adjusts to the change.

It has been 20 years since deregulation and since then those who deregulated have only seen their costs increase by more than those who didn't deregulate. If you had read my source you would of noticed that 10 years ago deregulated energy market costs were only 24% higher instead of the 30% higher it is today