Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Protest and Violence

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 7:25:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why does the first Amendment exist? I don't think the United States has trampled and disrespected any other Amendment more than this one. Throughout the course of history, there has been brutal violence and vicious threats against protests, and many times the suppression of free speech or expression. When the Supreme Court does intervene, on a blue moon, it more likely than not declares the obviously unconstitutional deeds as permissible out of bias and influenced reasons. It seems the only "lawful" protest is the one too weak and obedient to be classified as a protest. Thoughts?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 11:04:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's so true it made me cut my wrists as I was crying. Unfortunately, a cop breaking the 4th amendment broke into my house looking for some drugs and found me and beat the crap out of me when I told him that abusive cops and having no actual rights is what brought me down. When I attempted to use my second amendment right he tased me and called me a liberal thug.

Not actually true, but I don't doubt it could happen.
America land of the (not so) free and home of the (not so) brave. -____-
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, we all have the right to block the flow of traffic and occupy property that does not belong to us.

It's amazing how much people buy into to this stuff. Do people really think that these police officers are attacking these protestors because they are practicing "free speech" yet systemically allow the freedom of speech in other areas.

These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:33:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Yes, we all have the right to block the flow of traffic and occupy property that does not belong to us.

It's amazing how much people buy into to this stuff. Do people really think that these police officers are attacking these protestors because they are practicing "free speech" yet systemically allow the freedom of speech in other areas.

These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.

I'm getting really sick of this argument. I could just as easily look at you as a fool for believing the police are a band of innocent angels that never abuse their power.

Do you even know the basis of the spraying? It was in retaliation to noncompliance,....not for breaking any instituted law. They were not handling criminals, they were handling citizens, and when instructed to "move," they refused. Is this the extremism that warrants pity to the officers? Is it really?....The man proceeded then to take the can and spray it into their eyes point blank as if he were exterminating a colony of ants in his backyard.

You don't find this disturbing of course because in your mind protest (the act with the intention of inspiring, pressuring, and in some ways coercing the powers that be to address a complaint) ought to operate obediently under the whim of the very powers it seeks to change.

Protest ought to bend and move and leave itself to subjugation, or be brutally and violently attacked by local "law enforcement". What glorious freedom we have in this country.

Yes, this was the same mentality in all the other protests you wouldn't dare call illegitimate. This is the mentality that fueled violence in the civil rights movement, in every other protest for better conditions for the average citizens of this country, and every other petition for some form of justice.

You see that video, and don't even bat an eyelash,...but instead feel more concerned to defend the people who were given power and misused it. Outrageous.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:38:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 7:25:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why does the first Amendment exist? I don't think the United States has trampled and disrespected any other Amendment more than this one. Throughout the course of history, there has been brutal violence and vicious threats against protests, and many times the suppression of free speech or expression. When the Supreme Court does intervene, on a blue moon, it more likely than not declares the obviously unconstitutional deeds as permissible out of bias and influenced reasons. It seems the only "lawful" protest is the one too weak and obedient to be classified as a protest. Thoughts?:

When it comes to police and protest groups clashing, it isn't speech that presents the problem, it's actions. It generally comes down to an ignorant point of view on what constitutes "speech."
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:39:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1: Pepper spray is clearly not as bad as I thought it was, though still I'd rather not be subjected to it.
2: Why hasn't a prosecution for assult been started against the officer?
3: Why is it in a country which holds the right to bear arms as sacred in the face of potential tyranny was this man not shot?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
TheTruthAnalyst
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:41:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
These small 'peaceful protests' turn into large 'peaceful protests'. They are not protected by any amendment in blocking off public places, or in refusing to comply with police who are trying to maintain order.

When these protests get too big, then you end up with public defecation, rape, robbery, destruction of property, etc...

People should think twice before they try to protest in any way other than legally.
Vote For Truth. Vote For Pie.
Truth-Pie 2012 (member FDIC)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:45:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:38:01 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

When it comes to police and protest groups clashing, it isn't speech that presents the problem, it's actions. It generally comes down to an ignorant point of view on what constitutes "speech."

That's true, people sometimes assert inadmissible violations of law to be "speech", but on the opposite end of the issue we have people that cannot discern between justified retaliation and sheer brutality. They were sitting on the ground in a place they had the privilege as students to be in, if this even warranted action by the chancellor, the disproportionate reaction of the police is what the rest of America should look at and be disgusted about.

The man was not even fired.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:45:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:39:02 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
1: Pepper spray is clearly not as bad as I thought it was, though still I'd rather not be subjected to it.:

Actually, it hurts pretty badly. I've been sprayed 4 times. I'm an expert!

2: Why hasn't a prosecution for assult been started against the officer?:

I don't understand.

3: Why is it in a country which holds the right to bear arms as sacred in the face of potential tyranny was this man not shot?:

Because that would be murder, I'm guessing. You have to pick and choose your battles carefully.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:51:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That's true, people sometimes assert inadmissible violations of law to be "speech", but on the opposite end of the issue we have people that cannot discern between justified retaliation and sheer brutality. They were sitting on the ground in a place they had the privilege as students to be in:

I don't know the circumstances surrounding this case, but I know that you cannot impede the free movement of everyone else.

In law enforcement, there are 4 kinds of people:

1. Passive Compliant
2. Passive Resistant
3. Active Resistor
4. Active Aggressivor

The protestors appeared to be the second.

if this even warranted action by the chancellor, the disproportionate reaction of the police is what the rest of America should look at and be disgusted about.:

What exactly are you appauled at? That they were pepper sprayed?

The man was not even fired.:

I didn't see anything, prima facia, that would warrant so much as a suspension, let alone reason for firing. It may appear to you as if the police showed up and just started spraying, but I'm willing to bet they gave lawful orders first, warned them of the consequences, and then followed through.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:59:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:45:04 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:39:02 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
1: Pepper spray is clearly not as bad as I thought it was, though still I'd rather not be subjected to it.:

Actually, it hurts pretty badly. I've been sprayed 4 times. I'm an expert!

I thought it was AAARRRGGGHHH MUTHFA FU... etc etc... as opposed to AAAH! But I suppose you only really know if you get it in the face.


2: Why hasn't a prosecution for assult been started against the officer?:

I don't understand.

Why hasn't a prosecution for assault been started against the officer...


3: Why is it in a country which holds the right to bear arms as sacred in the face of potential tyranny was this man not shot?

Because that would be murder, I'm guessing. You have to pick and choose your battles carefully.

True, but that would soon put a stop to such abuse of power.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 3:12:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.

Who owns public property?
President of DDO
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 3:19:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:59:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:45:04 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:39:02 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
1: Pepper spray is clearly not as bad as I thought it was, though still I'd rather not be subjected to it.:

Actually, it hurts pretty badly. I've been sprayed 4 times. I'm an expert!

I thought it was AAARRRGGGHHH MUTHFA FU... etc etc... as opposed to AAAH! But I suppose you only really know if you get it in the face.

http://www.guardian.co.uk...
It hurts a lot, seriously.

2: Why hasn't a prosecution for assult been started against the officer?:

I don't understand.

Why hasn't a prosecution for assault been started against the officer...

Unnecessary force, I think is the rough law.

3: Why is it in a country which holds the right to bear arms as sacred in the face of potential tyranny was this man not shot?

Because that would be murder, I'm guessing. You have to pick and choose your battles carefully.

True, but that would soon put a stop to such abuse of power.

Yes, we should choose our battles carefully, the ones we can win. Therefore, we should do our best to get justice done here.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 3:26:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 3:12:11 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.

Who owns public property?

it should be the majority, like how policing should be by the majority. minorities claiming things for themselves?
signature
TheTruthAnalyst
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 3:36:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:51:47 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
That's true, people sometimes assert inadmissible violations of law to be "speech", but on the opposite end of the issue we have people that cannot discern between justified retaliation and sheer brutality. They were sitting on the ground in a place they had the privilege as students to be in:

I don't know the circumstances surrounding this case, but I know that you cannot impede the free movement of everyone else.

In law enforcement, there are 4 kinds of people:

1. Passive Compliant
2. Passive Resistant
3. Active Resistor
4. Active Aggressivor

The protestors appeared to be the second.

if this even warranted action by the chancellor, the disproportionate reaction of the police is what the rest of America should look at and be disgusted about.:

What exactly are you appauled at? That they were pepper sprayed?

The man was not even fired.:

I didn't see anything, prima facia, that would warrant so much as a suspension, let alone reason for firing. It may appear to you as if the police showed up and just started spraying, but I'm willing to bet they gave lawful orders first, warned them of the consequences, and then followed through.

Maybe there is an amendment somewhere that I haven't read that says 'as long as you are peaceful you can do whatever you want with no consequences'.
Vote For Truth. Vote For Pie.
Truth-Pie 2012 (member FDIC)
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 3:48:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 3:36:02 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:51:47 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
That's true, people sometimes assert inadmissible violations of law to be "speech", but on the opposite end of the issue we have people that cannot discern between justified retaliation and sheer brutality. They were sitting on the ground in a place they had the privilege as students to be in:

I don't know the circumstances surrounding this case, but I know that you cannot impede the free movement of everyone else.

In law enforcement, there are 4 kinds of people:

1. Passive Compliant
2. Passive Resistant
3. Active Resistor
4. Active Aggressivor

The protestors appeared to be the second.

if this even warranted action by the chancellor, the disproportionate reaction of the police is what the rest of America should look at and be disgusted about.:

What exactly are you appauled at? That they were pepper sprayed?

The man was not even fired.:

I didn't see anything, prima facia, that would warrant so much as a suspension, let alone reason for firing. It may appear to you as if the police showed up and just started spraying, but I'm willing to bet they gave lawful orders first, warned them of the consequences, and then followed through.

Maybe there is an amendment somewhere that I haven't read that says 'as long as you are peaceful you can do whatever you want with no consequences'.

Can someone explain to me why in America the constitution is the be-all and the end-all when it comes to laws?

P.S http://newsfeed.time.com... About pepper spray.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
TheTruthAnalyst
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 4:13:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 3:48:28 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 11/22/2011 3:36:02 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:51:47 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
That's true, people sometimes assert inadmissible violations of law to be "speech", but on the opposite end of the issue we have people that cannot discern between justified retaliation and sheer brutality. They were sitting on the ground in a place they had the privilege as students to be in:

I don't know the circumstances surrounding this case, but I know that you cannot impede the free movement of everyone else.

In law enforcement, there are 4 kinds of people:

1. Passive Compliant
2. Passive Resistant
3. Active Resistor
4. Active Aggressivor

The protestors appeared to be the second.

if this even warranted action by the chancellor, the disproportionate reaction of the police is what the rest of America should look at and be disgusted about.:

What exactly are you appauled at? That they were pepper sprayed?

The man was not even fired.:

I didn't see anything, prima facia, that would warrant so much as a suspension, let alone reason for firing. It may appear to you as if the police showed up and just started spraying, but I'm willing to bet they gave lawful orders first, warned them of the consequences, and then followed through.

Maybe there is an amendment somewhere that I haven't read that says 'as long as you are peaceful you can do whatever you want with no consequences'.

Can someone explain to me why in America the constitution is the be-all and the end-all when it comes to laws?

P.S http://newsfeed.time.com... About pepper spray.

Because, the Constitution is what all of our laws are based upon. It's the very foundation for American Law and Government.

Pretty much, the basis for something has to be the basis because it is. I guess it's an axiom.
Vote For Truth. Vote For Pie.
Truth-Pie 2012 (member FDIC)
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 4:58:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 3:12:11 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.

Who owns public property?
The state. Formally "the public" but that is inaccurate.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 5:04:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:33:41 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Yes, we all have the right to block the flow of traffic and occupy property that does not belong to us.

It's amazing how much people buy into to this stuff. Do people really think that these police officers are attacking these protestors because they are practicing "free speech" yet systemically allow the freedom of speech in other areas.

These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.

I'm getting really sick of this argument. I could just as easily look at you as a fool for believing the police are a band of innocent angels that never abuse their power.

Of course not. But generally you don't abuse your powers in front of a large crowd unless your a moron.

But why don't these 'police brutalities' occur at the tea party protests? Are we somehow to expect that somehow police are brutal when it comes to the occupy movements (whose name itself denotes the taking of property for oneself) yet not to the tea party for some strange reason.....

Do you even know the basis of the spraying? It was in retaliation to noncompliance,....not for breaking any instituted law.

breach of the peace, occupation of private property. Remember this is the universities campus so they can do what they want with it.

They were not handling criminals, they were handling citizens, and when instructed to "move," they refused. Is this the extremism that warrants pity to the officers? Is it really?....The man proceeded then to take the can and spray it into their eyes point blank as if he were exterminating a colony of ants in his backyard.

They're criminals once they refuse to listen to the law. If I started standing on your property and refused to leave, I doubt you'd care If the police pepper sprayed me.

You don't find this disturbing of course because in your mind protest (the act with the intention of inspiring, pressuring, and in some ways coercing the powers that be to address a complaint) ought to operate obediently under the whim of the very powers it seeks to change.

Hahahahaha. No. I don't take drug laws seriously. Property violations and disturbance of the peace directly harms others though.

Protest ought to bend and move and leave itself to subjugation, or be brutally and violently attacked by local "law enforcement". What glorious freedom we have in this country.

Yea, its not hard to get a permit. I don't have a problem with the protesting. It's that they are doing it unlawfully and harming others in the process. Normal students couldn't get past because they surrounded the area.

Yes, this was the same mentality in all the other protests you wouldn't dare call illegitimate. This is the mentality that fueled violence in the civil rights movement, in every other protest for better conditions for the average citizens of this country, and every other petition for some form of justice.

No....

You see that video, and don't even bat an eyelash,...but instead feel more concerned to defend the people who were given power and misused it. Outrageous.

No, its part of the occupy protestors game. "Oh I'm a little innocent protestor. I mean lets ignore the fact that we defecate on police cars, trash the areas we occupy that's for public use, block traffic for civilians, and occasionally attack others and blockade buildings." Yet If the police officers do their job and try to bring order. They are the bad guys.

Really, I'm sick of this bullsh!t of them trying to seem as If their victims and their fighting some awesome civil rights movement. Yea, taking money from others is such a productive protest. Wah, let me cry about how poor I am while I text everyone with my iphone. Anybody living in America is living in one of the wealthiest countries in the world where they have much higher wages then most other countries, even those living in so called "poverty".
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 5:30:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 5:04:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:33:41 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:15:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Yes, we all have the right to block the flow of traffic and occupy property that does not belong to us.

It's amazing how much people buy into to this stuff. Do people really think that these police officers are attacking these protestors because they are practicing "free speech" yet systemically allow the freedom of speech in other areas.

These occupy protests are about as peaceful as a trespasser breaking into your home.

I'm getting really sick of this argument. I could just as easily look at you as a fool for believing the police are a band of innocent angels that never abuse their power.

Of course not. But generally you don't abuse your powers in front of a large crowd unless your a moron.

But why don't these 'police brutalities' occur at the tea party protests? Are we somehow to expect that somehow police are brutal when it comes to the occupy movements (whose name itself denotes the taking of property for oneself) yet not to the tea party for some strange reason.....

Do you even know the basis of the spraying? It was in retaliation to noncompliance,....not for breaking any instituted law.

breach of the peace, occupation of private property. Remember this is the universities campus so they can do what they want with it.

They were not handling criminals, they were handling citizens, and when instructed to "move," they refused. Is this the extremism that warrants pity to the officers? Is it really?....The man proceeded then to take the can and spray it into their eyes point blank as if he were exterminating a colony of ants in his backyard.

They're criminals once they refuse to listen to the law. If I started standing on your property and refused to leave, I doubt you'd care If the police pepper sprayed me.

You don't find this disturbing of course because in your mind protest (the act with the intention of inspiring, pressuring, and in some ways coercing the powers that be to address a complaint) ought to operate obediently under the whim of the very powers it seeks to change.

Hahahahaha. No. I don't take drug laws seriously. Property violations and disturbance of the peace directly harms others though.


Protest ought to bend and move and leave itself to subjugation, or be brutally and violently attacked by local "law enforcement". What glorious freedom we have in this country.

Yea, its not hard to get a permit. I don't have a problem with the protesting. It's that they are doing it unlawfully and harming others in the process. Normal students couldn't get past because they surrounded the area.

Yes, this was the same mentality in all the other protests you wouldn't dare call illegitimate. This is the mentality that fueled violence in the civil rights movement, in every other protest for better conditions for the average citizens of this country, and every other petition for some form of justice.

No....
No? What the hell do you mean "no"?
http://www-tc.pbs.org... This woman broke the law with her protest. No, she deserved to go to jail, because she should have stayed in the back like she was told. She should have stayed in the back and if she wanted, she could have complained from the back seats until the driver kicked her off. That would be adherence to the law right??

She did the SAME thing those students did. She did not fight. She did not threaten. She sat still, and refused to move DESPITE THE LAW. Should she have been tased, or sprayed directly in the eyes with some ferocious chemicals? You're mad if you think a powerful protest works under the laws hand, and I'll keep mentioning this one, the most powerful of them all, until you get the point.

Civil disobedience of this kind does not warrant something so openly violent.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 5:35:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 7:25:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why does the first Amendment exist?
It shouldn't exist, the governmnet shouldn't exist, lol helll the state shouldn't exist. Because they hate freedom.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 5:56:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's interesting to see how this was filmed. The camera began rolling JUST before he guy broke out the spray. There is no background information, so of course it looks like police brutality. But from what I've read in the comments surrounding the situation, and otherwise, the police asked them to move over and sit/protest on the shoulder of the walkway. When they refused, were resistant to the police, he sprayed. And it was clear that he had already warned them that they would be sprayed, both before spraying them (he brandished it), and most likely before the video was shot as well.

They weren't stomping on their right to protest, they were asking them to do it somewhere else that was only a couple feet away. That's not being victimized; it's being non-compliant.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:55:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 5:56:30 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
It's interesting to see how this was filmed. The camera began rolling JUST before he guy broke out the spray. There is no background information, so of course it looks like police brutality. But from what I've read in the comments surrounding the situation, and otherwise, the police asked them to move over and sit/protest on the shoulder of the walkway. When they refused, were resistant to the police, he sprayed. And it was clear that he had already warned them that they would be sprayed, both before spraying them (he brandished it), and most likely before the video was shot as well.

They weren't stomping on their right to protest, they were asking them to do it somewhere else that was only a couple feet away. That's not being victimized; it's being non-compliant.

f*cking this.

000ike, you fail to recognize that the protestors are actually harming others in the process by occupying areas that they don't own and blocking traffic. Is it that hard to understand? Would you like It If I had an "Occupy 000ike's house" day? Would you claim police brutality If I refused to leave, the police officers showed up, asked me to leave, I said no and the police officer pepper sprayed me? Answer this. How about If me and a bunch of friends started blocking the doorways to your house?

Is it that hard to understand the difference between a law-abiding protest and a non-law-abiding protest? You realize there are city ordinance that make sleeping in a public place illegal right, even If your homeless. Oh, but its perfectly fine If a bunch of liberal do it They can just camp out on the convenient days and go back home during the cold days.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:32:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:10:15 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
000ike is such a joke. I think he and Izbo are related in some way.

I'm so sick of you and your sh!t. Why don't you get a life and stop trolling my posts.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:35:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:32:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:10:15 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
000ike is such a joke. I think he and Izbo are related in some way.

I'm so sick of you and your sh!t. Why don't you get a life and stop trolling my posts.

He is correct....I suspect adultery or inbreeding that produced the two of you.......
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:42:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:35:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:32:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:10:15 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
000ike is such a joke. I think he and Izbo are related in some way.

I'm so sick of you and your sh!t. Why don't you get a life and stop trolling my posts.

He is correct....I suspect adultery or inbreeding that produced the two of you.......

Oh, here we go again, quarterexchange, mig, and kermit. You have the audacity to cry "troll" at Izbo for being rude and obnoxious, yet you're all no better than he is.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:43:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:42:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:35:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:32:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:10:15 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
000ike is such a joke. I think he and Izbo are related in some way.

I'm so sick of you and your sh!t. Why don't you get a life and stop trolling my posts.

He is correct....I suspect adultery or inbreeding that produced the two of you.......

Oh, here we go again, quarterexchange, mig, and kermit. You have the audacity to cry "troll" at Izbo for being rude and obnoxious, yet you're all no better than he is.

There, there, no need to weep for your bed buddy....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:53:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:43:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:42:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:35:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:32:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:10:15 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
000ike is such a joke. I think he and Izbo are related in some way.

I'm so sick of you and your sh!t. Why don't you get a life and stop trolling my posts.

He is correct....I suspect adultery or inbreeding that produced the two of you.......

Oh, here we go again, quarterexchange, mig, and kermit. You have the audacity to cry "troll" at Izbo for being rude and obnoxious, yet you're all no better than he is.

There, there, no need to weep for your bed buddy....

MIG, you're the most useless member on this website. You hardly debate, and anything you say in the forums is corrosive trash you throw at your enemies, stalking what they write. If anyone says my arguments are garbage, well, at least I bother to argue and I don't waste my time following people around with heinous comments for 4 months.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:54:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:53:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:43:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:42:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:35:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:32:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:10:15 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
000ike is such a joke. I think he and Izbo are related in some way.

I'm so sick of you and your sh!t. Why don't you get a life and stop trolling my posts.

He is correct....I suspect adultery or inbreeding that produced the two of you.......

Oh, here we go again, quarterexchange, mig, and kermit. You have the audacity to cry "troll" at Izbo for being rude and obnoxious, yet you're all no better than he is.

There, there, no need to weep for your bed buddy....

MIG, you're the most useless member on this website. You hardly debate, and anything you say in the forums is corrosive trash you throw at your enemies, stalking what they write. If anyone says my arguments are garbage, well, at least I bother to argue and I don't waste my time following people around with heinous comments for 4 months.

LOL Diagoras, eh?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau