Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

10 reasons why being gay is WRONG!

lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
01) Being gay is not natural.
♥ And real Americans always reject unnatural things like polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay,
♥in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
♥People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all;
♥Hence why women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed;
♥And we can't let the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.
♥So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our population isn't out of control, our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children,
♥Since of course straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
♥In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
♥ Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
♥Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:29:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.someworthwhilequotes.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 8:18:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
01) Being gay is not natural.
♥ And real Americans always reject unnatural things like polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings


02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay,
♥in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.


03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
♥People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.


04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all;
♥Hence why women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.


05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed;
♥And we can't let the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed.


06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.
♥So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our population isn't out of control, our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.


07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children,
♥Since of course straight parents only raise straight children.


08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
♥In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.


09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
♥ Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.


10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
♥Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

That's silly. Above you predict the future, make religious marriage social, claim knowledge of right and wrong for everyone, make unfounded universal statements, etc. All nonsense. Tell me, do you know what GAY is an acronym for?
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 8:42:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I applaud you.
Of course it never actually works in convincing people, just make them more stuck in their ways.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 8:55:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 8:18:14 AM, logicrules wrote:

That's silly. Above you predict the future, make religious marriage social, claim knowledge of right and wrong for everyone, make unfounded universal statements, etc. All nonsense. Tell me, do you know what GAY is an acronym for?

1.) a: happily excited : merry <in a gay mood>
b: keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits

2.) a: bright, lively <gay sunny meadows>
b: brilliant in color

3.) given to social pleasures; also : licentious

4.) a.) homosexual <gay men>

b: of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement>
— gay adverb
— gay·ness noun

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 8:57:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 8:42:14 AM, lovelife wrote:
I applaud you.
Of course it never actually works in convincing people, just make them more stuck in their ways.

I applauded first.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 3:49:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
&#9829; Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

Sure. Ok. Tell that to him:
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 8:52:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
01) Being gay is not natural.
&#9829; And real Americans always reject unnatural things like polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings


02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay,
&#9829;in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.


03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
&#9829;People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.


04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all;
&#9829;Hence why women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.


05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed;
&#9829;And we can't let the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed.


06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.
&#9829;So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our population isn't out of control, our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.


07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children,
&#9829;Since of course straight parents only raise straight children.


08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
&#9829;In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.


09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
&#9829; Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.


10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
&#9829;Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

This is great and funny at the same time! As a Muslim I do not believe in the gay lifestyle, but I do not try to impose my views on anyone who is not Muslim, so if two grown people want to sword fight in the privacy of their own bedroom, it is not societies business, period.

Ultimately, it is how we treat people who are different than us that determines our character, after all.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 12:56:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
01) Being gay is not natural.

Most animals are Bi.


02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay,

Being Gay is not a habit, it's a birth defect. Homosexuality is like Nymphomania, it's a chemical imbalance in the brain.


03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.

Gay Marriage is not illegal, it's just not recognized. What you mean to say is "legally recognizing gay marriage".



04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all;

Yes it has. Traditionally the female takes the last name of the male, but in today's world it's some times the other way around. Further more many other gender roles are switched in modern marriages.



05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed;

Straight marriage is already less meaningful because of state involvement.



06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.

Marriage has nothing to do with children, it's a holy union of two people.

Many straight couples are unable or unwilling to have children.



07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children,

No, homosexuality is not a habit.



08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion.

Not true, when I was a Christian Congregationalist the quire director was gay, and my catholic school had a gay religion teacher.


09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.

Not true, tell that to the single parents.



10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.

Gays can get married, it's just not legally recognized. It has nothing to do with society, it has to do with legal recognition.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 1:16:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 1:00:47 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
DanT has awesome reading skills. Truly awesome.

I knew the Original poster was being sarcastic, I just wanted to weigh in.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 2:02:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
01) Being gay is not natural.
&#9829; And real Americans always reject unnatural things like polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings

Faulty generalization while mangling two different uses of the word "unnatural", so you are also equivocating to make the faulty generalization.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay,
&#9829;in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Another Faulty generalization using a faulty analogy.



03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
&#9829;People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

It is called as warranted slippery slope. Rome is the greatest example where when sexual freedom was allowed, it was an everything goes society. Beastiality included, this clear indifference to the family structure led to its ultimate demise.


04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all;
&#9829;Hence why women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

Strawman.



05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed;
&#9829;And we can't let the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed.

All forms of indifference result in weakening the family structure. No one denies that fornication, adultery and sexual perversion like rape, pedophilia cause a persons indifference toward a strong committed marriage.
You are special pleading that Homosexuality does not cause this indifference?



06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.
&#9829;So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our population isn't out of control, our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

Faulty generalization again. Infertile and old couples marrying works to avoid indifference toward strong families within a society.


07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children,
&#9829;Since of course straight parents only raise straight children.

That is quite obvious. Unless you have even one sample of a Gay couple that advocate against Gay couples. I will eat crow.

Your "rebuttal" is a red herring association fallacy.
The source of gay children from straight parents is stastically resulted from sexual abuse during childhood.


08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
&#9829;In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

Non-sequitur.



09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
&#9829; Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

Stronger children are produced by a male/female role model with in the home.
No one encourages single parenting without auxiliary male/female role models within the home.
Clear statistics show that broken home and single parent children have phsycological issues that have to be dealt with before arriving at success.

Homosexuality parenting adds a layer of problems that are a setup for a childs failure.
As does a parental stripper, whoring, fornicating, nude freak etc...


10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
&#9829;Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Strawman.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 2:19:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 2:02:16 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:14:21 AM, lotus_flower wrote:


03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
&#9829;People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

It is called as warranted slippery slope. Rome is the greatest example where when sexual freedom was allowed, it was an everything goes society. Beastiality included, this clear indifference to the family structure led to its ultimate demise.

Rome started to impose on sexual freedom long before it's collapse.

In 342 AD by Constantius II

The Western roman Empire collapsed in 476 AD
The Eastern roman Empire collapsed in 1453 AD

The collapse was due to the centralization of the diverse Empire.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle