Jump to topic:

2012 National Debates

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:38:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I find the GOP debates very insubstantial. Those people are asked a question, but they proceed to talk about whatever topic they feel like. No one outlines a clear and discernible plan for the country while on the national stage (except for Cain, who's plan exists only in name and does not actually go very in depth). The grand majority of their speech-time consist of unctuous and sometimes desperate pleads for applause through pandering and premeditated trigger-lines, rather than real heated discourse on differing plans.

When the debates are over, you find that the only things that leave a real lasting impression on viewers are the slip-ups of Perry and hypocrisy/flipflop/contradictions of Romney.

Thoughts?

and perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention during the 2008 election, but are national debates supposed to be this way?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:36:38 PM
Please watch the debates before actually commenting on them.

I have watched the debates, and what you have wrote is completely false.

Being liberal =/= being smart
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:47:39 PM
At 12/1/2011 5:36:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Please watch the debates before actually commenting on them.

I have watched the debates, and what you have wrote is completely false.

Being liberal =/= being smart

Please, read the OP before posting aggressively.

I have watched 3 of the debates, if you would like to know....and I put this up with inquiry. This is what I get out of them, I want to know what everyone else gets out of them and if anyone else agrees.

You're free to disagree with me of course, but I was hoping for you to actually substantiate your dissent with an ounce of support or at the very minimum, elaboration, not one curt and shrewd retort.

Taking a crack at my political ideology in the process (which was irrelevant to the OP) just lessens the worth of your post.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault