Jump to topic:

Illogical Christianity

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 7:00:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Christianity can be attacked from many angles, but the one I think really hits hardest is the fact that it doesn't make sense.

So apparently, God creates humans and with the ability to think and act freely, only to test if they will diverge from his wishes. There is no inherent factor that decides who will diverge and who will not. Our theological positions come to fruition by nothing more than chance: the compilation of events in our lives, developed personalities, and upbringing. To create absolutely free creatures ENSURES that people will diverge from his wishes (WITH knowledge of what his wishes are). In short, its a system where people will indefinitely suffer.

To give human lives free will, but then establish a board of laws that are not to be broken is somewhat of a contradiction,... more accurately, it renders the concept of "free will" nothing more than a disingenuous offer.

Just for starters. The entire construct of this religion suggests an objective moral standard (which is absurd), and sets people up to suffer. This is why I believe many others and myself reject this theology.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 7:07:57 PM
Oh, wow, wrong category.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:39:15 AM
At 12/4/2011 7:07:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
Oh, wow, wrong category.

yup. Unless your talking about the church of England.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle