Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

PC has made the US a ntiion of whiners

logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

All in all the USA is currently more like the Soviet Union of the 1970's than like the land of opportunity, home of the brave or land of the free. Perhaps we should just surrender to china and stop kidding ourselves.

While perhaps not supportive of the point interesting nonetheless, the Government couldn't even run a bordello in Las Vegas. Taking over a Bordello for non payment of taxes the IRS promptly ran it into bankrupt status.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 7:58:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Do we claim to be a classless society? Get your facts straight
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 8:08:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 7:58:11 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Do we claim to be a classless society? Get your facts straight

LOL of course, we have no lords, kings or the other trappings of same. Perhaps history is in order?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 8:32:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.

Well. in Romer the United States Supreme Court states we are a classless society. Thus, i chose to accept the highest legal authority in the nation on the matter. Fact v Opinion.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:01:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 8:32:38 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.

Well. in Romer the United States Supreme Court states we are a classless society. Thus, i chose to accept the highest legal authority in the nation on the matter. Fact v Opinion.

No it didn't

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:10:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 9:01:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:32:38 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.

Well. in Romer the United States Supreme Court states we are a classless society. Thus, i chose to accept the highest legal authority in the nation on the matter. Fact v Opinion.

No it didn't

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

"One century ago, the first Justice Harlan admonished this Court that the Constitution "neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens."

There it is....ergo no classes, ie classless
Please stop whining
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:19:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

We never have and never will be a classless society.

There are 3 forms of classes.
1.) Socioeconomic
2.) Sociopolitical
3.) Sociocultural

Socioeconomic classes is what is refereed to by Karl Marx. America has always promoted this. The line "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" comes from John Locke's trinity, "life, liberty, and property." The idea was that in the newly established America, one is not born into happiness, they pursue it through hard work, in free market society. The founders were classic liberals, and two corner stones of classic liberalism is limited government, and a free market economy.

Sociopolitical classes. We have sociopolitical classes, because if we did not, we would have no government. Since we are not living in anarchy, we have classes.

Sociocultural classes. In other words, how we were raised, our heritage, and upbringing. These classes are present in every society. America is a mixing pot of cultures and thus there are different cultural classes. The civil war was a war over sociocultural classes. The agricultural South wanted to preserve their culture from the industrial north; that was the largest factor in the civil war.
Today sociocultural classes can be seen clear as day in the average high-school, with cliques.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:49:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 9:19:05 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

We never have and never will be a classless society.

There are 3 forms of classes.
1.) Socioeconomic
2.) Sociopolitical
3.) Sociocultural

Socioeconomic classes is what is refereed to by Karl Marx. America has always promoted this. The line "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" comes from John Locke's trinity, "life, liberty, and property." The idea was that in the newly established America, one is not born into happiness, they pursue it through hard work, in free market society. The founders were classic liberals, and two corner stones of classic liberalism is limited government, and a free market economy.


Sociopolitical classes. We have sociopolitical classes, because if we did not, we would have no government. Since we are not living in anarchy, we have classes.

Sociocultural classes. In other words, how we were raised, our heritage, and upbringing. These classes are present in every society. America is a mixing pot of cultures and thus there are different cultural classes. The civil war was a war over sociocultural classes. The agricultural South wanted to preserve their culture from the industrial north; that was the largest factor in the civil war.
Today sociocultural classes can be seen clear as day in the average high-school, with cliques.

Yet the determiner of record, the law and principles all disagree with you. So are we a nation of babies?
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 10:14:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 9:49:31 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 9:19:05 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

We never have and never will be a classless society.

There are 3 forms of classes.
1.) Socioeconomic
2.) Sociopolitical
3.) Sociocultural

Socioeconomic classes is what is refereed to by Karl Marx. America has always promoted this. The line "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" comes from John Locke's trinity, "life, liberty, and property." The idea was that in the newly established America, one is not born into happiness, they pursue it through hard work, in free market society. The founders were classic liberals, and two corner stones of classic liberalism is limited government, and a free market economy.


Sociopolitical classes. We have sociopolitical classes, because if we did not, we would have no government. Since we are not living in anarchy, we have classes.

Sociocultural classes. In other words, how we were raised, our heritage, and upbringing. These classes are present in every society. America is a mixing pot of cultures and thus there are different cultural classes. The civil war was a war over sociocultural classes. The agricultural South wanted to preserve their culture from the industrial north; that was the largest factor in the civil war.
Today sociocultural classes can be seen clear as day in the average high-school, with cliques.

Yet the determiner of record, the law and principles all disagree with you. So are we a nation of babies?

WTF are you talking about?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 10:37:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 10:14:55 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 9:49:31 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 9:19:05 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

We never have and never will be a classless society.

There are 3 forms of classes.
1.) Socioeconomic
2.) Sociopolitical
3.) Sociocultural

Socioeconomic classes is what is refereed to by Karl Marx. America has always promoted this. The line "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" comes from John Locke's trinity, "life, liberty, and property." The idea was that in the newly established America, one is not born into happiness, they pursue it through hard work, in free market society. The founders were classic liberals, and two corner stones of classic liberalism is limited government, and a free market economy.


Sociopolitical classes. We have sociopolitical classes, because if we did not, we would have no government. Since we are not living in anarchy, we have classes.

Sociocultural classes. In other words, how we were raised, our heritage, and upbringing. These classes are present in every society. America is a mixing pot of cultures and thus there are different cultural classes. The civil war was a war over sociocultural classes. The agricultural South wanted to preserve their culture from the industrial north; that was the largest factor in the civil war.
Today sociocultural classes can be seen clear as day in the average high-school, with cliques.

Yet the determiner of record, the law and principles all disagree with you. So are we a nation of babies?

WTF are you talking about?

My original post about a nation of whiners and babies. Your post refutes nothing. When your disingenuous posting is refuted with fact you claim WTF, I think this establishes my thesis that the USA is becoming a nation of babies.
See, in the US we have one determiner which has absolute authority over disputes. That authority is the Supreme Court, not Marx or Mickey Mouse. Thus, one may reasonably rely on the pronouncements of said Court when discussing the society over which it presides. In fact, to give credence to any over the Court in matters political is the epitome of unreasonable. Hope that clears it up.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 10:56:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
My original post about a nation of whiners and babies. Your post refutes nothing. When your disingenuous posting is refuted with fact you claim WTF, I think this establishes my thesis that the USA is becoming a nation of babies.
See, in the US we have one determiner which has absolute authority over disputes. That authority is the Supreme Court, not Marx or Mickey Mouse. Thus, one may reasonably rely on the pronouncements of said Court when discussing the society over which it presides. In fact, to give credence to any over the Court in matters political is the epitome of unreasonable. Hope that clears it up.:

Well, this thread has gone off on a tangent.

The Supreme Court is not the supreme authority, the Constitution is. In fact, the whole purpose of assigning 3 separate entities (Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative branches) within the government was an intended failsafe to ensure that no solitary power takes primacy over the other.

As to what you're referring to about the Supreme Court saying we live in a classless society seems to be taken out of context. It is supposed to mean that the courts won't abjure someone's rights because someone else is more popular or more wealthy. The differentiation is that we don't live in a caste society where who you were born to determines your entire future. In America, your only limitation is yourself.

This isn't to say that there aren't economic disparities between different people, when there obviously is. We have lower, middle, and upper classes. To Marxists that's a terrible thing. To free marketeers that's simply a reality, and there is not anything inherently wrong with that.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 11:04:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 10:56:47 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
My original post about a nation of whiners and babies. Your post refutes nothing. When your disingenuous posting is refuted with fact you claim WTF, I think this establishes my thesis that the USA is becoming a nation of babies.
See, in the US we have one determiner which has absolute authority over disputes. That authority is the Supreme Court, not Marx or Mickey Mouse. Thus, one may reasonably rely on the pronouncements of said Court when discussing the society over which it presides. In fact, to give credence to any over the Court in matters political is the epitome of unreasonable. Hope that clears it up.:

Well, this thread has gone off on a tangent.

The Supreme Court is not the supreme authority, the Constitution is. In fact, the whole purpose of assigning 3 separate entities (Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative branches) within the government was an intended failsafe to ensure that no solitary power takes primacy over the other.

As to what you're referring to about the Supreme Court saying we live in a classless society seems to be taken out of context. It is supposed to mean that the courts won't abjure someone's rights because someone else is more popular or more wealthy. The differentiation is that we don't live in a caste society where who you were born to determines your entire future. In America, your only limitation is yourself.

This isn't to say that there aren't economic disparities between different people, when there obviously is. We have lower, middle, and upper classes. To Marxists that's a terrible thing. To free marketeers that's simply a reality, and there is not anything inherently wrong with that.

To argue that the constitution is the supreme authority is a common misconception. The constitution regulates the Government and it is only as effective as the USSC allows it to be. Thus, the constitution, interpreted by the Court is the Supreme authority. Thus, many things not addressed or even prohibited by the constitution have been permitted by the Court.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 11:09:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

All in all the USA is currently more like the Soviet Union of the 1970's than like the land of opportunity, home of the brave or land of the free. Perhaps we should just surrender to china and stop kidding ourselves.

While perhaps not supportive of the point interesting nonetheless, the Government couldn't even run a bordello in Las Vegas. Taking over a Bordello for non payment of taxes the IRS promptly ran it into bankrupt status.

I dont see why so many people are critisizing this. We are infact more liberal leaning like they where in the soviet union. WE ARENT FULLY THERE YET, but that is a good prediction. Also that is partialy true because we have a socialist leaning president right now, so in some ways (goverment control wise ) We are getting close to that. The USSR in the 70's was begining to fade into an american system, still communist, socialist/totalitarian, but was getting less extreme. So we might be getting to a point where you are correct. America is still the land of opertunity, but less since 2009.

So logic, you are 50% right no matter what the other people say to this post. You are right in some cases, but you may have overexagerated.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 11:27:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 11:09:04 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

All in all the USA is currently more like the Soviet Union of the 1970's than like the land of opportunity, home of the brave or land of the free. Perhaps we should just surrender to china and stop kidding ourselves.

While perhaps not supportive of the point interesting nonetheless, the Government couldn't even run a bordello in Las Vegas. Taking over a Bordello for non payment of taxes the IRS promptly ran it into bankrupt status.

I dont see why so many people are critisizing this. We are infact more liberal leaning like they where in the soviet union. WE ARENT FULLY THERE YET, but that is a good prediction. Also that is partialy true because we have a socialist leaning president right now, so in some ways (goverment control wise ) We are getting close to that. The USSR in the 70's was begining to fade into an american system, still communist, socialist/totalitarian, but was getting less extreme. So we might be getting to a point where you are correct. America is still the land of opertunity, but less since 2009.

So logic, you are 50% right no matter what the other people say to this post. You are right in some cases, but you may have overexagerated.

A few ramblings.
USSR had psych hospitals we have treatment facilities
USSR had neighbors turning neighbors, We report suspicious activity
USSR had the party Line, oh yea so do we
USSR had no manufacturing but military....same
USSR's money was worthless....same
US boycotted the Olympics over Afghanistan...go figure
100% of workers in USSR worked for Government...60% of US workers work for government

I think the wall came down not because the USSR was defeated but rather because there ceased to be significant difference. Khrushchev told JFK he would defeat the US without firing a shot.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 11:51:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 11:27:20 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:09:04 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/5/2011 4:44:32 AM, logicrules wrote:
Political correctness, so popular in the nineties, cultural diversity, and emphasis on feelings in the work place have combined to turn the USA into a nation of babies. Evidence of this decline is evident in our 'wars", haven't won since 45. We have more protected classes now than ever and we claim to be a classless society. If the truth is offensive, we are encouraged not to speak it.

All in all the USA is currently more like the Soviet Union of the 1970's than like the land of opportunity, home of the brave or land of the free. Perhaps we should just surrender to china and stop kidding ourselves.

While perhaps not supportive of the point interesting nonetheless, the Government couldn't even run a bordello in Las Vegas. Taking over a Bordello for non payment of taxes the IRS promptly ran it into bankrupt status.

I dont see why so many people are critisizing this. We are infact more liberal leaning like they where in the soviet union. WE ARENT FULLY THERE YET, but that is a good prediction. Also that is partialy true because we have a socialist leaning president right now, so in some ways (goverment control wise ) We are getting close to that. The USSR in the 70's was begining to fade into an american system, still communist, socialist/totalitarian, but was getting less extreme. So we might be getting to a point where you are correct. America is still the land of opertunity, but less since 2009.

So logic, you are 50% right no matter what the other people say to this post. You are right in some cases, but you may have overexagerated.

A few ramblings.
USSR had psych hospitals we have treatment facilities
USSR had neighbors turning neighbors, We report suspicious activity
USSR had the party Line, oh yea so do we
USSR had no manufacturing but military....same
USSR's money was worthless....same
US boycotted the Olympics over Afghanistan...go figure
100% of workers in USSR worked for Government...60% of US workers work for government

I think the wall came down not because the USSR was defeated but rather because there ceased to be significant difference. Khrushchev told JFK he would defeat the US without firing a shot.

Our money is worth more than the USSR's, our money is actually decent in value, but people like to call it worthless b/c the euro. Our currency is actually worth more than most of the worlds, so that point is invalid.

We have manufacturing, mag lite, making oil, making fences (border lol), sharpies, metal, etc. So that point has no reasoning.

Suspicious activity of what.

the psych hospital thing is right and it is wrong. Our facilities don't brainwash people as much, theirs in the USSR had to because they wanted full goverment control.

The worker thing needs proof to. Most Americans do work for the goverment, but in a different way, unions. The USSR made you a slave for military uses and building bombs. So that point truth and some weakness.

So you are right to a certain extent, but not full out right.

Also the USSR fell because their economy couldn't support the arms race, the space race, the military race, the communism vs capitalism race, etc. They couldn't afford it and some people knew their life sucked compared to an American life. So they fell due those things, You said you use logic well use some here too.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 12:02:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 11:27:20 AM, logicrules wrote:

A few ramblings.

I think the wall came down not because the USSR was defeated but rather because there ceased to be significant difference. Khrushchev told JFK he would defeat the US without firing a shot.

Well, that said.

I have another interesting theory. I believe the country doing a better job of "peacefully" bringing the United States to a state of defensive vulnerability is China. It's actually to the point that they've matched, if not exceeded, their faculties in places that matter most -- global business and technology -- which definitely reminds me of historically recorded perceptions of Russia during the Cold War.

The difference is that we're not calling it anything; instead, we're just pretending that nothing at all is happening in public, and we're panicking (I'm sure) in private. However, we have a little ace in the hole that I personally believe is 100% verifiable -- old Motherland Russia. If the shtt ever hit the fan and China decided to make a move, I am 100% convinced that Russia would side with the Western World, and the United States specifically. Nostradamus even said something like it -- the Bear and the Eagle will defeat the Dragon. And then, someone, Clancey, maybe, wrote a book with a title that referenced it. But, he reversed the U.S. and Russian perspective in this scenario. Lol, well, it's at the very least a cute coincidence.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 12:35:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Any definable group is a "class" in the mathematical definition: people under 21; people who have read Moby Dick; people who have read Moby dick including the sermon; carpenters; anime fans; the top 20% of incomes. That's not what "class" means in the political sense. A class in the political sense means that it is the type of class wherein membership limits what you can do in society.

For example, a study was done of the outcomes of the lower 20% of incomes. Twenty years later, about 20% of those had moved to the upper 20% group. One reason is that many of the lower 20% are young people just starting careers. The class exists, but it does not determine your fate.

I was in Japan when Jimmy Carter was elected president. At the time, I was told that Carter could not have been elected in Japan. Why? Because he was a farmer, and farmers are not a class in which it is possible to be a leader. The concept is alien to most Americans, but much of the rest of the world understands it all too well. America is as close to a classless society as any in the world.

The original post in this thread is on target: political correctness is a cheap substitute for morality, and it leads to endless pointless whining. PCis not opposed to all unfair categorizations, only to certain ones. Under PC, it is perfectly acceptable to be irrationally anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, anti-white, anti-Western, anti-capitalist, and anti-wealth. You get bonus points for combining unfounded prejudices.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 12:39:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 12:02:53 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:27:20 AM, logicrules wrote:

A few ramblings.

I think the wall came down not because the USSR was defeated but rather because there ceased to be significant difference. Khrushchev told JFK he would defeat the US without firing a shot.

Well, that said.

I have another interesting theory. I believe the country doing a better job of "peacefully" bringing the United States to a state of defensive vulnerability is China. It's actually to the point that they've matched, if not exceeded, their faculties in places that matter most -- global business and technology -- which definitely reminds me of historically recorded perceptions of Russia during the Cold War.

The difference is that we're not calling it anything; instead, we're just pretending that nothing at all is happening in public, and we're panicking (I'm sure) in private. However, we have a little ace in the hole that I personally believe is 100% verifiable -- old Motherland Russia. If the shtt ever hit the fan and China decided to make a move, I am 100% convinced that Russia would side with the Western World, and the United States specifically. Nostradamus even said something like it -- the Bear and the Eagle will defeat the Dragon. And then, someone, Clancey, maybe, wrote a book with a title that referenced it. But, he reversed the U.S. and Russian perspective in this scenario. Lol, well, it's at the very least a cute coincidence.

The next war is gonna be with China, and we will loose because we are babies. War is a fairly simple endeavor involving the meanest baddest SOB in the valley, and we aint he. Even out army takes gym equipment to a combat zone...what a joke.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 12:48:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 8:32:38 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.

Well. in Romer the United States Supreme Court states we are a classless society. Thus, i chose to accept the highest legal authority in the nation on the matter. Fact v Opinion.

No, it didn't - Romer was about the level of scrutiny to analyze sexual orientation. The quote about a classless society is dicta, not holding.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 12:53:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 11:04:11 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 10:56:47 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
My original post about a nation of whiners and babies. Your post refutes nothing. When your disingenuous posting is refuted with fact you claim WTF, I think this establishes my thesis that the USA is becoming a nation of babies.
See, in the US we have one determiner which has absolute authority over disputes. That authority is the Supreme Court, not Marx or Mickey Mouse. Thus, one may reasonably rely on the pronouncements of said Court when discussing the society over which it presides. In fact, to give credence to any over the Court in matters political is the epitome of unreasonable. Hope that clears it up.:

Well, this thread has gone off on a tangent.

The Supreme Court is not the supreme authority, the Constitution is. In fact, the whole purpose of assigning 3 separate entities (Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative branches) within the government was an intended failsafe to ensure that no solitary power takes primacy over the other.

As to what you're referring to about the Supreme Court saying we live in a classless society seems to be taken out of context. It is supposed to mean that the courts won't abjure someone's rights because someone else is more popular or more wealthy. The differentiation is that we don't live in a caste society where who you were born to determines your entire future. In America, your only limitation is yourself.

This isn't to say that there aren't economic disparities between different people, when there obviously is. We have lower, middle, and upper classes. To Marxists that's a terrible thing. To free marketeers that's simply a reality, and there is not anything inherently wrong with that.

To argue that the constitution is the supreme authority is a common misconception. The constitution regulates the Government and it is only as effective as the USSC allows it to be.

False. The Supreme Court was granted Judiciary powers. It was left up to the congress to determine the extend of the Judicary's authority, which was done in the Judiciary act.

The Supreme Court is only as powerful as the Judiciary act allows it to be. The Judiciary act makes clear that the power of the Supreme Court to create common law is limitted to the constitution. If the Supreme Court says that we don't have freedom of speech or declares the practice of religion unconstitutional, than the ruling is nulled according to the judicary act, because a provision was already specificly provided by the constitution, thus common law would conflcit with written law.

Thus, the constitution, interpreted by the Court is the Supreme authority. Thus, many things not addressed or even prohibited by the constitution have been permitted by the Court.

If it's prohibitted then the common law ruling is null and void. Only the things not specificly adressed can become common law.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 12:56:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 12:39:11 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 12:02:53 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:27:20 AM, logicrules wrote:

A few ramblings.

I think the wall came down not because the USSR was defeated but rather because there ceased to be significant difference. Khrushchev told JFK he would defeat the US without firing a shot.

Well, that said.

I have another interesting theory. I believe the country doing a better job of "peacefully" bringing the United States to a state of defensive vulnerability is China. It's actually to the point that they've matched, if not exceeded, their faculties in places that matter most -- global business and technology -- which definitely reminds me of historically recorded perceptions of Russia during the Cold War.

The difference is that we're not calling it anything; instead, we're just pretending that nothing at all is happening in public, and we're panicking (I'm sure) in private. However, we have a little ace in the hole that I personally believe is 100% verifiable -- old Motherland Russia. If the shtt ever hit the fan and China decided to make a move, I am 100% convinced that Russia would side with the Western World, and the United States specifically. Nostradamus even said something like it -- the Bear and the Eagle will defeat the Dragon. And then, someone, Clancey, maybe, wrote a book with a title that referenced it. But, he reversed the U.S. and Russian perspective in this scenario. Lol, well, it's at the very least a cute coincidence.

The next war is gonna be with China, and we will loose because we are babies. War is a fairly simple endeavor involving the meanest baddest SOB in the valley, and we aint he. Even out army takes gym equipment to a combat zone...what a joke.

Yeah, a physically fit soldier loses against a unfit soldier every time.

Logic ain't it a biatch
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 1:07:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 9:10:26 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 9:01:07 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:32:38 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.

Well. in Romer the United States Supreme Court states we are a classless society. Thus, i chose to accept the highest legal authority in the nation on the matter. Fact v Opinion.

No it didn't

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

"One century ago, the first Justice Harlan admonished this Court that the Constitution "neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens."

There it is....ergo no classes, ie classless
Please stop whining

That was Plessy v. Ferguson, and wasn't the first supreme court.

John Marshall Harlan, was the only dissenting justice, argued that, "Our Constitution is color-blind, and neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens."

it was refering to sociocultural classes, and it meant that sociocultural classes would not be enforced by the state. Not that they didn't exist.

Read more: Plessy v. Ferguson: 1896 - Court, Separate, Blacks, and Louisiana - JRank Articles http://law.jrank.org...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 1:28:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 12:48:38 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:32:38 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 8:25:07 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
You are retarded. We have classes.

Poor
Average
Rich
Very Rich
Holy Sh$t, he can buy 20 yachts and 20 private airplanes.

Well. in Romer the United States Supreme Court states we are a classless society. Thus, i chose to accept the highest legal authority in the nation on the matter. Fact v Opinion.

No, it didn't - Romer was about the level of scrutiny to analyze sexual orientation. The quote about a classless society is dicta, not holding.

see quote from Justice Kennedy's majority opinion.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 1:33:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 12:53:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:04:11 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 10:56:47 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
My original post about a nation of whiners and babies. Your post refutes nothing. When your disingenuous posting is refuted with fact you claim WTF, I think this establishes my thesis that the USA is becoming a nation of babies.
See, in the US we have one determiner which has absolute authority over disputes. That authority is the Supreme Court, not Marx or Mickey Mouse. Thus, one may reasonably rely on the pronouncements of said Court when discussing the society over which it presides. In fact, to give credence to any over the Court in matters political is the epitome of unreasonable. Hope that clears it up.:

Well, this thread has gone off on a tangent.

The Supreme Court is not the supreme authority, the Constitution is. In fact, the whole purpose of assigning 3 separate entities (Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative branches) within the government was an intended failsafe to ensure that no solitary power takes primacy over the other.

As to what you're referring to about the Supreme Court saying we live in a classless society seems to be taken out of context. It is supposed to mean that the courts won't abjure someone's rights because someone else is more popular or more wealthy. The differentiation is that we don't live in a caste society where who you were born to determines your entire future. In America, your only limitation is yourself.

This isn't to say that there aren't economic disparities between different people, when there obviously is. We have lower, middle, and upper classes. To Marxists that's a terrible thing. To free marketeers that's simply a reality, and there is not anything inherently wrong with that.

To argue that the constitution is the supreme authority is a common misconception. The constitution regulates the Government and it is only as effective as the USSC allows it to be.

False. The Supreme Court was granted Judiciary powers. It was left up to the congress to determine the extend of the Judicary's authority, which was done in the Judiciary act.

The Supreme Court is only as powerful as the Judiciary act allows it to be. The Judiciary act makes clear that the power of the Supreme Court to create common law is limitted to the constitution. If the Supreme Court says that we don't have freedom of speech or declares the practice of religion unconstitutional, than the ruling is nulled according to the judicary act, because a provision was already specificly provided by the constitution, thus common law would conflcit with written law.

Thus, the constitution, interpreted by the Court is the Supreme authority. Thus, many things not addressed or even prohibited by the constitution have been permitted by the Court.

If it's prohibitted then the common law ruling is null and void. Only the things not specificly adressed can become common law.

Say what? Common Law? You mean the Kings Law or Law common to all or are yu confused with Civil Law? The Constitution isnot the bible open to the whims of any Tom, Dick or Sally is it law to the extent, and only to the extent, the Court permits it to be so. A brief review...Plesy, Lemmon, Wade, Griswald, to name a few. Thus, to any with even a basic understanding of Civics, the Court is the determiner of the meaning and scope of the Constitution,...heck if the Constitution is infallible Bush and Obama are criminals and enemies of the Constitution.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 1:36:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The next war is gonna be with China, and we will loose because we are babies. War is a fairly simple endeavor involving the meanest baddest SOB in the valley, and we aint he. Even out army takes gym equipment to a combat zone...what a joke.

Yeah, a physically fit soldier loses against a unfit soldier every time.

Logic ain't it a biatch

LOL I say he should be working hard enough defeating the enemy. Its like a girlfriend who needs aerobics...that means your lacking. But hey, whats a former Marine know.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 2:01:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 1:33:42 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 12:53:00 PM, DanT wrote:
At 12/5/2011 11:04:11 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 12/5/2011 10:56:47 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
My original post about a nation of whiners and babies. Your post refutes nothing. When your disingenuous posting is refuted with fact you claim WTF, I think this establishes my thesis that the USA is becoming a nation of babies.
See, in the US we have one determiner which has absolute authority over disputes. That authority is the Supreme Court, not Marx or Mickey Mouse. Thus, one may reasonably rely on the pronouncements of said Court when discussing the society over which it presides. In fact, to give credence to any over the Court in matters political is the epitome of unreasonable. Hope that clears it up.:

Well, this thread has gone off on a tangent.

The Supreme Court is not the supreme authority, the Constitution is. In fact, the whole purpose of assigning 3 separate entities (Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative branches) within the government was an intended failsafe to ensure that no solitary power takes primacy over the other.

As to what you're referring to about the Supreme Court saying we live in a classless society seems to be taken out of context. It is supposed to mean that the courts won't abjure someone's rights because someone else is more popular or more wealthy. The differentiation is that we don't live in a caste society where who you were born to determines your entire future. In America, your only limitation is yourself.

This isn't to say that there aren't economic disparities between different people, when there obviously is. We have lower, middle, and upper classes. To Marxists that's a terrible thing. To free marketeers that's simply a reality, and there is not anything inherently wrong with that.

To argue that the constitution is the supreme authority is a common misconception. The constitution regulates the Government and it is only as effective as the USSC allows it to be.

False. The Supreme Court was granted Judiciary powers. It was left up to the congress to determine the extend of the Judicary's authority, which was done in the Judiciary act.

The Supreme Court is only as powerful as the Judiciary act allows it to be. The Judiciary act makes clear that the power of the Supreme Court to create common law is limitted to the constitution. If the Supreme Court says that we don't have freedom of speech or declares the practice of religion unconstitutional, than the ruling is nulled according to the judicary act, because a provision was already specificly provided by the constitution, thus common law would conflcit with written law.

Thus, the constitution, interpreted by the Court is the Supreme authority. Thus, many things not addressed or even prohibited by the constitution have been permitted by the Court.

If it's prohibitted then the common law ruling is null and void. Only the things not specificly adressed can become common law.

Say what? Common Law? You mean the Kings Law or Law common to all or are yu confused with Civil Law? The Constitution isnot the bible open to the whims of any Tom, Dick or Sally is it law to the extent, and only to the extent, the Court permits it to be so. A brief review...Plesy, Lemmon, Wade, Griswald, to name a few.

common law, also known as case law is a system of jurisprudence based on judicial precedents rather than statutory laws.
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

Thus, to any with even a basic understanding of Civics, the Court is the determiner of the meaning and scope of the Constitution,...heck if the Constitution is infallible Bush and Obama are criminals and enemies of the Constitution.

How is Bush criminal. I know Obama broke the constitution several times. Bush was a bad President, but I don't think he ever violated the constitution.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 2:07:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/5/2011 1:36:10 PM, logicrules wrote:
The next war is gonna be with China, and we will loose because we are babies. War is a fairly simple endeavor involving the meanest baddest SOB in the valley, and we aint he. Even out army takes gym equipment to a combat zone...what a joke.

Yeah, a physically fit soldier loses against a unfit soldier every time.

Logic ain't it a biatch

LOL I say he should be working hard enough defeating the enemy. Its like a girlfriend who needs aerobics...that means your lacking. But hey, whats a former Marine know.

Forgive me if I don't believe you were a marine. It's kind of hard to take someone's word for it when they go by the handle "logicrules", and makes their actual name and birthday private.

If you were a marine, you seem like the type who would be a Bravo Foxtrot; but hey that's just my impression of you.

By the way, I don't believe there is such a thing as a "former Marine".
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle