Jump to topic:

Ron Paul Will WIN Now That Cain Is Gone

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:08:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And every other Tea Party candidate is done for.

The top 3 candidates are Ron Paul, Romney, and Gingrich.

Guess which one has Tea Party support? Guess which side has more influence (Tea Party or Neo-Con)?

Guess who will win? Ron Paul.

A Moderate, flip flop, Mormon can't win. A fat, old white guy with more scandals than TMZ can't win.

Seriously, who is the Tea Party gonna turn to?

They have NO choice but Ron Paul.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:22:59 PM
At 12/5/2011 3:08:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Guess which one has Tea Party support? Guess which side has more influence (Tea Party or Neo-Con)?

A Moderate, flip flop, Mormon can't win. A fat, old white guy with more scandals than TMZ can't win.

Wishful thinking. He is far too anti contemporary sociopolitical thought to be considered. The republicans are handing Obama a second term. Further Paul could never win a general election with the majority of voters either working for the government or getting money from it. I'll vote for him in the general, but I doubt the GOP has the guts.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:31:59 PM
At 12/5/2011 3:22:59 PM, logicrules wrote:

Wishful thinking. He is far too anti contemporary sociopolitical thought to be considered. The republicans are handing Obama a second term. Further Paul could never win a general election with the majority of voters either working for the government or getting money from it. I'll vote for him in the general, but I doubt the GOP has the guts.

It is wishful thinking, but Ron Paul's stocks on intrade have jumped to 7%:

http://www.intrade.com...

Newt Gringrinch used to as low as about 1%:

http://www.intrade.com...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:37:59 PM
It's wishful thinking to think that a Mormon for the first time ever in the United States history will win the race

It's wishful thinking to think that someone who looks like Newt Gingrich does will win the race.

It's not like a Libertarian has never won. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, JFK, etc.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:47:44 PM
Saying things enough times doesn't actually make them so. All polls point towards Gingrich and Romney being the front runners and inevitably one of them being the nominee. In any case, no GOP candidate lifts a finger to Obama, especially Ron Paul http://www.nationalpolls.com...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:52:24 PM
At 12/5/2011 3:37:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's wishful thinking to think that a Mormon for the first time ever in the United States history will win the race

It's wishful thinking to think that someone who looks like Newt Gingrich does will win the race.

It's not like a Libertarian has never won. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, JFK, etc.

George Washington was before the advent of political parties. He represented the lonely party of Those-Who-Have-Single-Handedly-Led-The-Continental-Army-to-Victory. He was aristocratic and miltary, and preferred power to remain in the hands of the educated elite.

Jefferson created the Democratic-Republican Party, which bears very little resemblance to the libertarians of today. He also depended on the approval of the ruling elites, although he was more skeptical of them than the Federalists were.

JFK was a Democrat, who greatly increased government spending and created the first federal deficit outside of wartime. He increased welfare programs and created the space program. His actions refect a confidence in big government to handle society's problems.

Why are none of your examples libertarians?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:57:59 PM

lol what? Washington the moderate is a Libertarian? Thomas Jefferson the strict constitutionist AND expansionist is a let the people be free to do as they please, non-aggression Libertarian? JFK the self proclaimed Liberal is a libertarian? Never insert sarcasm into a factually errant claim.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:02:38 PM
No because I heard on the news that the endorsement is going to newt or huntsman, so ron paul can only win if he gets that endorsement, so no he wont.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:03:17 PM
Oh and they do have one more choice...rick santorum my favorite
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:29:05 PM
If JFK is a libertarian FDR must be a republican and Obama becomes a traditional southern Democrat. Come to think of it George Bush was alot like FDR...mmm maybe its all a distinction without a difference.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:34:24 PM
At 12/5/2011 3:57:59 PM, 000ike wrote:

lol what? Washington the moderate is a Libertarian?

George Washington, the anti-Illuminati, leader of Revolutionary War against British rule?

Thomas Jefferson the strict constitutionist AND expansionist is a let the people be free to do as they please, non-aggression Libertarian?

Strict Constitutionalism is part of Libertarianism.

JFK the self proclaimed Liberal is a libertarian?

JFK wanted to end the Federal Reserve and refused to engage in false flag conspiracies against Americans which his White House advisers tried to convince him of.

Never insert sarcasm into a factually errant claim.

There was no sarcasm in that post.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:59:03 PM
Geo, by your logic, anyone that endorses any libertarian policy is a libertarian. Thats not how it works. You can't just take famous figures and assert them to follow an ideology they most certainly do not follow,...just because they aren't alive to defend their case.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 5:02:17 PM
Probably not. Elephant Watcher, a highly accurate site on who can win the nomination calculates monthly based on performances and their campaigns. Ron Paul has a 0% chance of winning. http://www.elephantwatcher.com...

Paul's loyal following guarantees him a certain percentage of the vote. However, he has proven unable to appeal to anyone beyond this small group. Only an unforeseen catastrophe could bring him close to winning the nomination.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 5:10:46 PM

http://www.google.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 8:58:25 PM
Romney will win the nomination. Some of Ron Paul's policies (i.e. abolishing the Federal Reserve, establishing a gold standard, etc.) are too nonsensical to actually be believable. He has some good ideas, namely that we should not intervene in other nations, but ultimately his views are too ancient to actually have any impact.

Unfortunately for Gingrich, he cannot win the nomination because people undestand that he is a liar who abuses his constituents' beliefs for personal gain. He will most definitely not secure the nomination.

Despite the OP's obvious hatred of Mormons, I doubt that Romney's religion will have a major impact on his electability. For the majority of the country, as long as he is a Christian, he will be a possible candidate.

Of course, Romney will lose to Obama, so it does not matter who wins. I will personally vote for Gingrich in the primary elections to ensure that Obama crushes the GOP.
Defensor-of-Apollo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:56:27 PM
Ron Paul doesn't loose support, he can only gain it. Everybody else is like a a sugar high, a fad.They go up and they drop just as fast as they come down. The question is, will one of them be on a sugar high on the first of the primaries which if winning the first few, bring their momentum all the way to the general election?
HyenaD
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 10:23:50 PM
I don't think Paul will win because he's much more anti-corporatism than the other republicans. The media tries to ignore Paul for a reason - because he wants to shake things up. Ron Paul may be too firmly against so many of the Republican Party's financial supporters. However, it is notable that the other Republican party candidates are so far right wing this time. I remember in the last election, people were laughing at the prospect of Romney and Huckabee. Yeah, Huckabee left this race a while ago, but the fact that they both did so well this time shows how right wing they're going. The Republican Party is in danger of alienating moderate conservatives. If they lose the moderate conservatives, they will lose the race. There's a minute possibility that the Republican party could turn to someone like Paul as they're chance to win the presidential election in an attempt to appeal to more moderate voters, but I think it's very unlikely.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 1:59:42 AM
At 12/5/2011 8:58:25 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Romney will win the nomination. Some of Ron Paul's policies (i.e. abolishing the Federal Reserve, establishing a gold standard, etc.) are too nonsensical to actually be believable. He has some good ideas, namely that we should not intervene in other nations, but ultimately his views are too ancient to actually have any impact.

Unfortunately for Gingrich, he cannot win the nomination because people undestand that he is a liar who abuses his constituents' beliefs for personal gain. He will most definitely not secure the nomination.

Despite the OP's obvious hatred of Mormons, I doubt that Romney's religion will have a major impact on his electability. For the majority of the country, as long as he is a Christian, he will be a possible candidate.

Of course, Romney will lose to Obama, so it does not matter who wins. I will personally vote for Gingrich in the primary elections to ensure that Obama crushes the GOP.

I don't hate Mormons. America does. I was simply pointing that out. Where did I indicate a hatred or Mormons? Simply describing Americans beliefs doesn't mean I support all of their beliefs. In fact, I'm more inclined to disagree with the views of the mainline Americans.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:24:43 AM
Sorry, but there is no way that I will ever vote for a MALE gynecologist to be President of the United States. There are so many levels of awkward going on there that I can't even begin to describe.

Also... how many times has he run and NOT been elected? like three or five, right?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:26:00 AM
At 12/6/2011 8:24:43 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Sorry, but there is no way that I will ever vote for a MALE gynecologist to be President of the United States. There are so many levels of awkward going on there that I can't even begin to describe.

Also... how many times has he run and NOT been elected? like three or five, right?

^^^^just my two cents
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:29:12 AM

i'm thinking it will be Barack Obama...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 10:47:47 AM
At 12/5/2011 3:52:24 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Jefferson created the Democratic-Republican Party, which bears very little resemblance to the libertarians of today.

How do you reckon that? The (Democratic-)Republicans opposed protectionism and supported decentralized, weak government. That sounds libertarian to me.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
The_Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 10:55:41 AM

I think only twice, 1988 and 2008 (and soon to be 2012). Though he might be the first guy to run for president in 3 different decades.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 11:00:29 AM
Obama will probably win, but it won't be by a landslide. Once a Republican is nominated, he will quickly gain support in the 30-40% range. And no, it won't be Ron Paul. Sorry.
Rob
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 12:10:01 PM

Ron Paul has been elected to office 11 times.

As far as his Presidential bids, 1988 was a different time and place. Now mainstream news outlets are calling this year the era of Ron Paul.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 12:14:41 PM
At 12/6/2011 12:10:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Ron Paul has been elected to office 11 times.

As far as his Presidential bids, 1988 was a different time and place. Now mainstream news outlets are calling this year the era of Ron Paul.

I'm pretty sure it was the same place.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 12:32:16 PM
At 12/5/2011 4:59:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
Geo, by your logic, anyone that endorses any libertarian policy is a libertarian. Thats not how it works. You can't just take famous figures and assert them to follow an ideology they most certainly do not follow,...just because they aren't alive to defend their case.

As Bush once said, There's a time for politics... and there's a time for politics.

Sure they may have had a few unLibertarian policies. But guess what, Reagan was a Conservative who had very many unConservative policies.

I could tell by JFKs speechs that he was a Libertarian, not to mention his big Libertarian views of ending the Fed and opposing conspiracies.

Thomas Jefferson, there's no argument that he's not Libertarian. George Washington, that may be debatable, but he seems to be very Libertarian leaning.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:22:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You must remember that all polls in Iowa and South Carolina go to Gingrich:

12/05 CBS/NYT -- Gingrich 31, Romney 17, Paul 16, Perry 11
12/05 WeAskAmerica -- Gingrich 30, Romney 16, Paul 14, Bachmann 13
12/05 PPP (D) -- Gingrich 27, Paul 18, Romney 16, Bachmann 13
12/04 ABC/WashPost -- Gingrich 33, Romney 18, Paul 18, Perry 11
11/30 Des Moines Reg -- Gingrich 25, Paul 18, Romney 16, Bachmann 8

Just before Cain lost here is South Carolina:

12/04 Winthrop -- Gingrich 38, Romney 22, Perry 9, Cain 7
11/28 ARG -- Gingrich 33, Romney 22, Cain 10, Paul 8
11/28 Insider Adv -- Gingrich 38, Romney 15, Cain 13, Paul 7
11/21 Polling Co. (R) -- Gingrich 31, Cain 17, Romney 16
11/08 Insider Adv -- Cain 26, Gingrich 19, Romney 16, Perry 6

So if you add up Gingrich's support before the Ginger White lady plus the majority of Cain's support = Gingrich victory, 2012. Also, considering the fact that 75% of the people in those national polls do not agree with Romney who usually gets 25% in national polls, then someone will probably be backed up with 75% in the end.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:27:43 PM
Oh and the Florida Polls:

11/30 ARG -- Gingrich 50, Romney 19, Cain 10, Huntsman 3
11/30 PPP (D) -- Gingrich 47, Romney 17, Cain 13, Paul 7
11/29 Insider Adv -- Gingrich 41, Romney 17, Cain 13, Perry 7
11/08 Rasmussen -- Cain 30, Romney 24, Gingrich 19, Perry 4
11/07 Quinnipiac -- Cain 27, Romney 21, Gingrich 17, Perry 5

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:46:06 PM
Not happening. Regardless, it would have been a disaster if Cain kept his place high in the polls. I don't know how many other people realized how ridiculous this man is not even counting the sexual harrassment allegations. I've watched so many clips and appearances of him and I'm amazed more hasn't been said about this man's utter inability to defend his views and cite specifics. His appearances on John Stossel, Meet the Press, and with Eliot Spitzer (not to mention the Libya debacle) are so evident of this.