Jump to topic:

Ron Paul 2012 Campaign = Obama 2008 Campaign

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 3:06:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ron Paul's organization, ground support, and internet domination is the same as Obamas in 2008. This is the winning momentum.

It's the candidate with a cult-like following, the candidate with supporters who will enthusiastically campaign and bring attention that will win.

Gingrich has 2 phone volunteers in Iowa at his campaign headquarters. Ron Paul has likely way more than that not to mention Ron Paul has probably thousands of overall volunteers in Iowa.

No campaign is as energized as Ron Pauls.

When it comes down to vote in the Iowa primaries and it's an icy snow storm in January, which supporters are going to go trudging through the snow to go and support their candidate? Ron Paul supporters.

The Romney/Gingrich supporters will be like "Meh, now that Cains out, I guess i'm for Romney/Gingrich, but eehh, it's too snowy out. I'll pass."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 3:25:41 PM
Btw, it's true Gingrich has only 2 phone volunteers. Washington Post reported that Gingrich ordered dozens and dozens of cell phones and had them charging, but only 2 volunteers showed up, and they weren't even from Iowa, they were out-of-state volunteers. Gingrich can't get NOT one single Iowan volunteer? It's a farce.

As Michael Savage pointed out, Gingrich's rise is manufactured, it doesn't represent the Republican voters and he's simply unelectable.

Gingrich has over 1 million Twitter followers. Do you think that is real? Come on. Twitter is dominated by the younger crowd, do you really think a bunch of old, white rank-and-file Republicans are Twittering and following Gingrich? No. Absurd. Ron Paul is dominating the Internet and has only 200,000 Twitter followers. Those are real. Ron Paul appeals to that crowd.

Also, a study has been done analyzing Tweete about each candidate and Ron Paul is winning as far as positive Tweets. Ron Paul has 55% positive and 15% negative Tweets while the other candidates have an overwhelming number of negative Tweets with 2 to 1 ratio of negative tweets.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 3:34:25 PM
I can not wait to see your face when Paul loses (though I won't get to see it).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 3:54:32 PM
At 12/8/2011 3:34:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

There's a possibility that he will lose and there's a possibility that he will win, but I think there's more reasons to believe he will win.

Just think, it was once thought that Bachmann is more electable than Paul. Then she plumeted. It was once thought that Rick Perry is more electable than Paul. Then he plumeted. It was once thought that Herman Cain is more electable than Ron Paul. Then he dropped out.

No one ever once said that Bachmann, Perry, or Cain were unelectable, but they repeated over and over that Ron Paul is unelectable. And yet, look who defeated all 3, Ron Paul.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 3:59:11 PM
At 12/8/2011 3:54:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

There's a possibility that he will lose and there's a possibility that he will win, but I think there's more reasons to believe he will win.

Just think, it was once thought that Bachmann is more electable than Paul. Then she plumeted. It was once thought that Rick Perry is more electable than Paul. Then he plumeted. It was once thought that Herman Cain is more electable than Ron Paul. Then he dropped out.

No one ever once said that Bachmann, Perry, or Cain were unelectable, but they repeated over and over that Ron Paul is unelectable. And yet, look who defeated all 3, Ron Paul.

Although he is the most tolerable of the Republican candidates (specifically with regards to his opposition to the Patriot Act, internet censorship, and massive military spending), I doubt that he will win the nomination.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 4:27:33 PM

Ummm, I said from the get go that Cain would Collapse. I also believe that Perry would too (though I guessed that after actually paying attention to him in a debate). I also suspect that Gingrich may collapse, but I'm not as sure as I was about Cain or Perry.

But even though Paul has remained consistent and not shot up or down, he is still in single digits, while Romney has been fairly consistent far above Paul in the polls.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 5:10:45 PM
At 12/8/2011 3:59:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Although he is the most tolerable of the Republican candidates (specifically with regards to his opposition to the Patriot Act, internet censorship, and massive military spending), I doubt that he will win the nomination.

I just wrote 3 long posts about why Ron Paul has a good chance to win and your only rebuttal is "I doubt that he will win the nomination."

So far, you have given absolutely no reasons why you believe he won't win the nomination and failed to address any of my affirmative arguments that he will likely win.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 5:30:00 PM
Geo, I think everyone assumed all along that the Republican front-runners would be Romney and Gingrich. Bachmann is a nut, Cain is unqualified (and doesn't have any redeeming qualities, really) while Perry was ruled out for being considered GWB lite... and nobody wants a repeat of GWB, not even the Republicans.

Jat93 said in another thread that if Paul won the Republican nomination, he was guaranteed to beat Obama. I challenged him to debate that but he hasn't responded yet. Would you be interested? Granted, I would probably change the word definitely to "very likely." I think you bring up some great points and it could therefore be a debate that goes either way. However, even though I think it would be interesting for debates sake, I still don't think it's true in reality ;)

I'd be super happy if Paul became President; it'd make a statement even if it wouldn't accomplish much (though I think it/he would). I still think his chances are a lot smaller than you'd like to believe, unfortunately.
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 6:27:28 PM
At 12/8/2011 5:10:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I just wrote 3 long posts about why Ron Paul has a good chance to win and your only rebuttal is "I doubt that he will win the nomination."

So far, you have given absolutely no reasons why you believe he won't win the nomination and failed to address any of my affirmative arguments that he will likely win.

The Republican base is too firmly enmeshed with hawk policy to support Paul. Obama is much closer to hawk Republican's ideal than Ron Paul is.

Obama had the full support of the Democratic base.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 1:02:52 AM
You're right Geo. Paul will talk a big game like Obama did in 2008, and if he were to hypothetically win, he, like Obama, will not translate much of his campaign hype into policy due to political realities that cannot be overcome.

Good observation Geo. =]
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:09:44 PM
This is all too early to call. I obviously want Paul to win the entire thing, but as has been noted, Paul is way outside the typical GOP base. While a ton of registered Republicans and Democrats support him, conservative, Middle-Americans are unlikely to pull the trigger on him.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 9:34:33 PM
I gotta say, even if I wouldn't vote for him, I wish Ron Paul were a mandatory addition to all Republican debates. He just gives the baseline for government hypocracy and makes the others look more mechanical.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 12:38:42 AM

you know it is the liberals that want to censor crap right.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 8:51:06 AM
Just saying, at this point the two candidates that have a chance to win, are Newt, and Mitt. Ron never had a chance, just a fact.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:23:05 AM
Ron Paul has always been an antiestablishment Republican. This being said, he shall not win the nomination of the GOP.

Ron Paul opposes the neoconservatives on big government , security and undeclared war.
Paul wants to cut every federal program, including military, making him a pariah.
Ron Paul is not a Harvard Lawyer, not an exclusion in and of itself, but not a plus to the powers that be.
Paul dislikes Wall Street, the money behind Obama and the GOP.
Ron Paul supports freedom – legal drugs, abolish Homeland Security, Close Gitmo, Sovereign States – against the interest of 99% of US legislators.
Ron Paul supports a move from currency to money, which would destroy the economic gurus of the aforementioned ivy league of American Economists.
Ron Paul supports the idea that the Government does not bail anyone out, not the individual not a group.
RP opposes government loans and/or grants for education.

These are just a few reasons RP will not be nominated, nor elected President, a shame really, reality nonetheless.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:10:22 AM
Last night's Ron Paul highlights... He did a great job, and even his detractors gave him a lot of credit.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)