Jump to topic:

new amendment for the constitution

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 10:36:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Amendment means "to change" or "revise," so, that's what amendments are for.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 10:42:13 AM
At 12/10/2011 10:36:20 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Amendment means "to change" or "revise," so, that's what amendments are for.

Methinks he means "would you not add an amendment or would you, and if so, what?"
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 10:54:49 AM
At 12/10/2011 10:33:02 AM, ianspigler wrote:
What would you do? Would you leave the Constitution as is or, would you make an amendment and what would it be? Post Below.

Yea sure, Id add an amendment:
Voting is not a Right, by and through this amendment only those who have reached their twenty-fifth birthday, are citizens of the USA, have passed the literacy tests and own, w/o encumbrances, real property shall be permitted to vote.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:07:08 AM
Make abortion illegal

Force people to have a mandatory IQ test before voting.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:12:58 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:07:08 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Make abortion illegal

Force people to have a mandatory IQ test before voting.:

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:25:58 AM
balanced budget amendment
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:26:47 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:12:58 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

Hitler was actually for abortion treatments. But the IQ thing is dd.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:29:42 AM
Term limits
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:40:17 AM
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

lol.
Abortion has nothing to do with nazism.

I believe that mandatory IQ tests are necessary because only educated and smart people will be able to vote on key issues.

Lets face it, many people vote based on preferences that have nothing to do with the actual policies of the candidate. EX. Bush 2nd term and Obama 1st term.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:43:13 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:40:17 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

lol.

I believe that mandatory IQ tests are necessary because only educated and smart people will be able to vote on key issues.

Lets face it, many people vote based on preferences that have nothing to do with the actual policies of the candidate. EX. Bush 2nd term and Obama 1st term.

LOL educated and smart and/or intelligence are mutually exclusive.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:46:21 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:43:13 AM, logicrules wrote:
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

lol.

lol. Enlighten me.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:48:40 AM
Make abortion illegal

.....and those are totally not fascist policies....right. I don't know how you can advocate these things and then turn around and have the audacity to say you are for limited government and freedom.

This is all to the your first Amendment proposal. Your second proposal is also fascist, as it places those who are "dumb" under the total subjugation of the government, with NO SAY,...and it tears down the very representative spirit of government, HIGHLY unamerican. I don't know what I can say that isn't offensive to make you see why these ideas are just so so so so so very wrong.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:49:45 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:48:40 AM, 000ike wrote:
Make abortion illegal

.....and those are totally not fascist policies....right. I don't know how you can advocate these things and then turn around and have the audacity to say you are for limited government and freedom.

This is all to the your first Amendment proposal. Your second proposal is also fascist, as it places those who are "dumb" under the total subjugation of the government, with NO SAY,...and it tears down the very representative spirit of DEMOCRACY, HIGHLY unamerican. I don't know what I can say that isn't offensive to make you see why these ideas are just so so so so so very wrong.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:53:46 AM
Make abortion illegal

This is all to the your first Amendment proposal. Your second proposal is also fascist, as it places those who are "dumb" under the total subjugation of the government, with NO SAY,...and it tears down the very representative spirit of government, HIGHLY unamerican. I don't know what I can say that isn't offensive to make you see why these ideas are just so so so so so very wrong.

More utter bovine scatology from the non-sensical left.

WOMAN DO NOT HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO ABORTION. Period. Everybody has a right to life, including the baby.
Even if people aren't sure whether its a human or not, benefit of the doubt should be given to life.

Many of the people who are currently voting, do not have any knowledge about politics. They simply vote on racial or preferential biases (Obama). This in essence has led to the failure that is our country.
It is for the greater good if only knowledgable people are allowed to vote.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:53:58 AM

lol. Enlighten me.

Many educated are considered smart but have a IQ of below 100, Many with an Q over 135, do very poorly in school, ergo considered uneducated and/or Izbo's favorite term. (hint not the F word) Lastly, IQ is a sliding scale making Idiocracy prophetic.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:54:55 AM
This topic is about what you would do to amend the constitution.

I would take away the right to vote for some people.

I don't care what political ideology it is affiliated with. It is for the greater good.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:55:20 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:53:58 AM, logicrules wrote:

lol. Enlighten me.

Many educated are considered smart but have a IQ of below 100, Many with an Q over 135, do very poorly in school, ergo considered uneducated and/or Izbo's favorite term. (hint not the F word) Lastly, IQ is a sliding scale making Idiocracy prophetic.

Stats?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:58:55 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:53:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Make abortion illegal

WOMAN DO NOT HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO ABORTION. Period. Everybody has a right to life, including the baby.
Even if people aren't sure whether its a human or not, benefit of the doubt should be given to life.

Many of the people who are currently voting, do not have any knowledge about politics. They simply vote on racial or preferential biases (Obama). This in essence has led to the failure that is our country.

You know what, how about a debate. I'll get you with the abortion issue later, I think this belief of yours is much much more dangerous.

RESOLVED: In a Democracy, IQ tests should be mandatory before voting
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:01:59 PM
At 12/10/2011 11:58:55 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/10/2011 11:53:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Make abortion illegal

You know what, how about a debate. I'll get you with the abortion issue later, I think this belief of yours is much much more dangerous.

RESOLVED: In a Democracy, IQ tests should be mandatory before voting

Sure I'll do a debate.
However, I do not accept that resolution.
I gotta log off now, be back soon.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:03:20 PM
At 12/10/2011 12:01:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Sure I'll do a debate.

Okay then, what resolution do you propose?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:08:26 PM
Ban Abortion, Term limits, make it so that Congress has to pass a balanced budget, Vote ID, raise voter age to 21-25, and yeah that is all I got.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:10:21 PM
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

lol.

You mean only intelligent people. I know a few people with a High IQ, who are neither educated nor smart.

Intelligence is defined as "The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills"
Smart is defined as "Exhibiting social ability or cleverness"
Educated is defined as "Resulting from or having had a good body of information about or training in a particular field or subject"

One could be intelligent, but have poor social ability or cleverness.

My brother has a High IQ, autism and anxiety. As a result he is very intelligent, he has poor social skills, and he can't think n his feet.

One could be intelligent and have a poor education.
My brother chose not to go to college, whereas I chose to go to college. Thus I am more educated than him, even though we both have high IQs which are close in range.

That has nothing to do with intelligence, it has to do with being well informed, and well educated.

A better idea would be to require that the voters be tested on the platforms, and maybe even tested on the constitution (not interpretations; what the constitution actually says).
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:12:43 PM
At 12/10/2011 11:55:20 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/10/2011 11:53:58 AM, logicrules wrote:

lol. Enlighten me.

Stats?

With the associated probability or just the published standards for Degree programs in the US. There is also the US supreme Court in Duke, and the basic structure if the IQ test. Feel free to disagree, stats are not evidence. Statistics are also a contingent of probability.
15% of high school seniors in Ohio fail a 9th Grade proficiency test, each of the last 10 years +/- 3. IQ is adjusted so 100 is the median, explicit in the use is knowledge of the term.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:45:43 PM
At 12/10/2011 12:03:20 PM, 000ike wrote:

Sure I'll do a debate.

Something along the lines of

Be it resolved that in a republic society, everybody, regardless of intelligence, has the right to vote.

However, no semantic exploitation.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:51:15 PM
At 12/10/2011 12:45:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/10/2011 12:03:20 PM, 000ike wrote:

Sure I'll do a debate.

Something along the lines of

Be it resolved that in a republic society, everybody, regardless of intelligence, has the right to vote.

However, no semantic exploitation.

The United States is a Democracy (more so) as well as a republic. Your policy is an addition to U.S law, therefore you cannot simply single out one. Can we both agree on the resolution: In the United States, everybody, regardless of intelligence, has the right to vote
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 12:55:01 PM
At 12/10/2011 11:46:21 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

lol.

lol. Enlighten me.

well ask yourself this kunukle

who defines smart because a person with a 90 IQ may still be informed
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 1:20:20 PM
Democracy: a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them sometimes through elected officials

Republic: A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president

Both could be correct, but we are most likely a republic.

Anyways, I wouldn't be able to do the debate for quite some time as I am in one debate tournament, possibly another (If I win), and a gay marriage debate.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 1:20:56 PM
At 12/10/2011 12:55:01 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/10/2011 11:46:21 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Make abortion illegal

Heil Hitler!!!

*Nazi salute*

lol.

lol. Enlighten me.

Nobody is contesting that but in general, people with lower IQs have less political knowledge.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 6:27:25 AM

Nobody is contesting that but in general, people with lower IQs have less political knowledge.

Anecdotally, Most people with IQ's between 145 and 200 do not bother with politics. Far to many of "low" IQ involved.