Jump to topic:

You for 2012

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:04:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I did this about a year ago but with 2012 being right around the corner, i thought I'd ask again. If you're our next president, what do you push for? And if you see someone post something ridiculous, call them out on their bullsh1t. Its what we are here for.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:28:35 AM
At 12/15/2011 2:04:44 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I did this about a year ago but with 2012 being right around the corner, i thought I'd ask again. If you're our next president, what do you push for? And if you see someone post something ridiculous, call them out on their bullsh1t. Its what we are here for.

I twidle my thumbs because congress is too disfunctional for government to work in general.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:43:05 AM
Military involvement in Syria.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 12:14:56 PM
At 12/15/2011 2:04:44 AM, MarquisX wrote:

Veto anything that is unconstitutional.
If it's not a specific power of congress, grated by the constitution, and it is not required and related to a listed power of congress, than the bill is unconstitutional.

Also I would veto anything which threatens the life, liberty or property of the people. As well as anything that does not benefit the entire community. If it only benefits the majority, or the minority, than it's earned a vetoed.

I also would veto any progressive or regressive tax. (Either make it a flat tax, or get enough votes to override the veto, because I won't sign it)

I also won't sign a budget that doesn't create a surplus. I also wouldn't sign a budget that includes unconstitutional spending.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 12:29:26 PM
Eliminate the traditional political spectrum and replace it with a one party system.

So much more effective.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 12:56:15 PM
At 12/15/2011 12:29:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Eliminate the traditional political spectrum and replace it with a one party system.

So much more effective.

"It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

- George Washington on the two-party system.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:25:29 PM
I'd instate Libertarian Totalitarianism. I'd force freedom onto everybody with excesive Executive Orders.

I would free every prisoner who wasn't guilty of initiatory coercion. I would imprison every oppressor. I would abolish the police state and police paradigm with an on-call police operation. A laws would be abolished except laws against aggression and property infringements.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:26:05 PM
At 12/15/2011 10:28:35 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I twidle my thumbs because congress is too disfunctional for government to work in general.

I would make a State of the Union speech basically outlining a bunch of problems with this country, including this one. I would propose solutions and basically scare people into conceding that drastic changes need to be made ASAP. Hopefully this would accomplish something, though probably not.
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:30:19 PM
At 12/15/2011 2:25:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I'd instate Libertarian Totalitarianism. I'd force freedom onto everybody with excesive Executive Orders.

I would free every prisoner who wasn't guilty of initiatory coercion. I would imprison every oppressor. I would abolish the police state and police paradigm with an on-call police operation. A laws would be abolished except laws against aggression and property infringements.
Couldn't you propose a less realistic plan?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:42:29 PM

I would free every prisoner who wasn't guilty of initiatory coercion. I would imprison every oppressor. I would abolish the police state and police paradigm and replace it with an on-call police operation. A laws would be abolished except laws against aggression and property infringements.

*Edit

Also, to make it practical, I'd abolish all ticking timebombs. Things such as PCP, letting children make adult choices, rollerblading on the freeway, consuming arsenic, that kind of stuff.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 2:46:43 PM
At 12/15/2011 2:42:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I would free every prisoner who wasn't guilty of initiatory coercion. I would imprison every oppressor. I would abolish the police state and police paradigm and replace it with an on-call police operation. A laws would be abolished except laws against aggression and property infringements.

*Edit

Also, to make it practical, I'd abolish all ticking timebombs. Things such as PCP, letting children make adult choices, rollerblading on the freeway, consuming arsenic, that kind of stuff.

Letting children make adult choices and rollerblading on the freeway.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 5:51:45 PM
At 12/15/2011 2:42:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

*Edit

Sometimes, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 6:03:07 PM
In a country in which someone like Geo-- or myself-- is elected President, obviously different things are politically feasible for a President to push through than are today. It's indeterminate exactly how, though, so this question is fundamentally unanswerable by people who are not mainstream, except in cases of absolute executive authority like pardons (so it's perfectly realistic to release all prisoners who haven't violated the NAP, for example, if the president bloody well wants to, and I am among those who would.)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:04:58 PM

So much more effective.

https://mail.google.com... :)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:24:52 PM

So much more effective.

Liberal communist
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:38:28 PM
At 12/15/2011 2:26:05 PM, Danielle wrote:

I would make a State of the Union speech basically outlining a bunch of problems with this country, including this one.

That's not what the State of the Union address does.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:39:59 PM
At 12/15/2011 10:38:28 PM, DanT wrote:
At 12/15/2011 2:26:05 PM, Danielle wrote:

I would make a State of the Union speech basically outlining a bunch of problems with this country, including this one.

That's not what the State of the Union address does.

never mind, I misread, I thought you said outlawing.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:45:21 PM
At 12/15/2011 10:24:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:

So much more effective.

Liberal communist

Not really.
I'm a right wing authoritarian.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 10:53:29 PM
At 12/15/2011 10:45:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

So much more effective.

Liberal communist

Not really.

A single party state is totalitarian fascism, that is not conservative, totalitarianism with 1 party is actually goverment control. You admitted to being a fascist (right wing authoritarian) Fascism is liberal darn, your a hybrid. A fascist...conservative 1 party state is so...governmental control it isn't even funny, and it works terribly, no offense look at USSR, 1 party state. North Korea 1 party state. Former china, 1 party state. Now they have different party's, all similar though. Saudi Arabia, 1 party kingdom. etc. So please research this.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:53:10 PM

So much more effective.

Liberal communist

Not really.

Than you should change your profile, The TEA Party movement was created by Ron Paul supporters. Libertarianism is opposite of Authoritarianism. The whole point of the TEA Party movement was to reduce the size of Government.

The Political Party that grew out of the TEA Party, known as TEA Party Patriots is also anti-Authoritarian.

According to the campaign site;

The Tea Party Patriots' mission is to restore America's founding principles of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America's founders believed: that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

http://www.teapartypatriots.org...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:55:55 PM
Every party seems to be chalk full of people who have no idea what the party they are endorsing stands for. Another reason political parties are dumbing down the population.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 12:04:00 AM
The 2 major parties might as well be the same in my opinion. They both tend to push for control in civil and economic liberties(whixh are the same in my opinion). No one zeems to be in agreement over what the state is for. They lump together in these parties, and parrot off the same bs, but they all mean different things. I hate politics.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:02:46 AM
At 12/15/2011 10:53:29 PM, 16kadams wrote:

So much more effective.

Liberal communist

Not really.

A single party state is totalitarian fascism, that is not conservative, totalitarianism with 1 party is actually goverment control. You admitted to being a fascist (right wing authoritarian) Fascism is liberal darn, your a hybrid. A fascist...conservative 1 party state is so...governmental control it isn't even funny, and it works terribly, no offense look at USSR, 1 party state. North Korea 1 party state. Former china, 1 party state. Now they have different party's, all similar though. Saudi Arabia, 1 party kingdom. etc. So please research this.

I am right wing on economic issues, but authoritarian on social issues. Look at the compass on my profile.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:03:10 AM
At 12/15/2011 11:53:10 PM, DanT wrote:

So much more effective.

Liberal communist

Not really.

Than you should change your profile, The TEA Party movement was created by Ron Paul supporters. Libertarianism is opposite of Authoritarianism. The whole point of the TEA Party movement was to reduce the size of Government.

The Political Party that grew out of the TEA Party, known as TEA Party Patriots is also anti-Authoritarian.

The Tea Party Patriots' mission is to restore America's founding principles of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America's founders believed: that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

Its the party that is closest to my views.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 4:18:45 PM
At 12/16/2011 8:03:10 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/15/2011 11:53:10 PM, DanT wrote:

So much more effective.

Liberal communist

Not really.

Its the party that is closest to my views.

No Family Values Party probably would if you are a social conservative (for a Free Market, but Authoritarian on social issues.)
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:27:34 PM
So in your opinion(anyone) what should be the role of the Government in our lives. Should government scale back and potentially allow corporations to take advantage of us or is big government the way to go?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:47:39 PM
At 12/16/2011 10:27:34 PM, MarquisX wrote:
So in your opinion(anyone) what should be the role of the Government in our lives. Should government scale back and potentially allow corporations to take advantage of us or is big government the way to go?

Big government authoritarianism.

People cannot effectively manage themselves. A central, and powerful authority needs to be in place.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 11:13:28 PM
At 12/16/2011 10:47:39 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

People cannot effectively manage themselves. A central, and powerful authority needs to be in place.

Yeah, Stalin, Mao, Hitler and Pol Pot have been totally misrepresented.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 11:42:21 PM
Fuggin Ron Paul, foo.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 12:04:09 AM
At 12/16/2011 11:13:28 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 12/16/2011 10:47:39 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Yeah, Stalin, Mao, Hitler and Pol Pot have been totally misrepresented.

What does that have to do with it?

They were all socialist authoritarians.