Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gay Rights For Idiots

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:03:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not trying to bring up a monotonous topic that's been beaten to death, but I couldn't help but notice the recent influx of Conservatives who are against Gay Marriage. I recently came across this cartoon called "How To Explain Gay Rights To An Idiot," so I figured I'd post it for those of you who need a step-by-step breakdown in little baby points (complete with pictures - yaaay!).

http://www.buzzfeed.com...

Also, I know a lot of people on this site don't support Gay Marriage because they identify as Libertarian. I'm so over the "But I don't think the State should be involved in marriage at ALL" argument. The fact of the matter is that the State IS involved, and for legal and traditional reasons I think the State will always be involved (at least in the near future). Since the government DOES recognize a legal contract called "marriage," then it's wrong to disqualify a particular demographic from engaging in a similar contract based on their sexuality. This is problematic for so0o0o many reasons.

There is no legitimate justification at all whatsoever for this bigotry. I lol @ the "But heteros produce children, and that's the State's reason for supporting marriage" argument. If you stand by that, DEBATE ME ON IT (I'm looking at you, Contradiction). Anyway, I thought the link was amusing so feel free to pass it on to anyone you know who might need to see it :)
President of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:17:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:03:44 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'm not trying to bring up a monotonous topic that's been beaten to death, but I couldn't help but notice the recent influx of Conservatives who are against Gay Marriage. I recently came across this cartoon called "How To Explain Gay Rights To An Idiot," so I figured I'd post it for those of you who need a step-by-step breakdown in little baby points (complete with pictures - yaaay!).

http://www.buzzfeed.com...

Also, I know a lot of people on this site don't support Gay Marriage because they identify as Libertarian. I'm so over the "But I don't think the State should be involved in marriage at ALL" argument. The fact of the matter is that the State IS involved, and for legal and traditional reasons I think the State will always be involved (at least in the near future). Since the government DOES recognize a legal contract called "marriage," then it's wrong to disqualify a particular demographic from engaging in a similar contract based on their sexuality. This is problematic for so0o0o many reasons.

There is no legitimate justification at all whatsoever for this bigotry. I lol @ the "But heteros produce children, and that's the State's reason for supporting marriage" argument. If you stand by that, DEBATE ME ON IT (I'm looking at you, Contradiction). Anyway, I thought the link was amusing so feel free to pass it on to anyone you know who might need to see it :)

Actually traditionally the state had no influence over marriage, the english court decided to do that in the 1700s so prisoners wouldn't get married. But I agree with the libertarians, the state should leave marriage and let the individual church decide. I am personally against it, but I think its a matter of the church.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:22:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:17:16 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Actually traditionally the state had no influence over marriage, the english court decided to do that in the 1700s so prisoners wouldn't get married. But I agree with the libertarians, the state should leave marriage and let the individual church decide. I am personally against it, but I think its a matter of the church.

I specifically said the State is currently involved with marriage, hence the discrepancy. Also, it's clear you didn't look at the cartoon. The government does recognize marriage and the Church has ZERO say in the matter. If you deny this fact, then consider all of the Pagans, Atheists and other people that legally get married in the U.S.

If marriage only becomes a matter of Church recognition, there would be no issue. Some Churches ecognize gay marriage and some don't. Gays would obviously get married in the Churches that allow it, and there would be no problem or discrepancy. Gays don't argue in favor of mandating that the Church accept them (even though it's bullsh!t that they don't). Instead they only argue for equal treatment under the law.
President of DDO
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:23:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Person A: "If you love you toaster so much why don't you marry it. "
Person B: "Maybe I will!"
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:24:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:23:35 PM, DanT wrote:
Person A: "If you love your toaster so much why don't you marry it?! "
Person B: "Maybe I will!"

Sorry for the typos. This forum needs an edit function
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:26:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:22:28 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:17:16 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Actually traditionally the state had no influence over marriage, the english court decided to do that in the 1700s so prisoners wouldn't get married. But I agree with the libertarians, the state should leave marriage and let the individual church decide. I am personally against it, but I think its a matter of the church.

I specifically said the State is currently involved with marriage, hence the discrepancy. Also, it's clear you didn't look at the cartoon. The government does recognize marriage and the Church has ZERO say in the matter. If you deny this fact, then consider all of the Pagans, Atheists and other people that legally get married in the U.S.

If marriage only becomes a matter of Church recognition, there would be no issue. Some Churches ecognize gay marriage and some don't. Gays would obviously get married in the Churches that allow it, and there would be no problem or discrepancy. Gays don't argue in favor of mandating that the Church accept them (even though it's bullsh!t that they don't). Instead they only argue for equal treatment under the law.

I already understood that, but you said the State does it for traditional reasons, so that is blatantly false, the rest of it is good though.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:40:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:26:18 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I already understood that, but you said the State does it for traditional reasons, so that is blatantly false, the rest of it is good though.

No, I said the State will CONTINUE to recognize marriage mostly for traditional reasons - not that the State started to recognize marriage for the sake of tradition. This is obvious considering (a) the heterosexuals having kids argument is B.S. for a plethora of reasons, and (b) homosexuals can form legal contracts granting them similar legal benefits as married couples (albeit at an unnecessary expense). Therefore tradition is truly the only reason, considering we already see how being religious is not a legal prerequisite for marriage (heterosexual Atheists get married all the time).
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Marriage is a privilege, not a right.

Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:41:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

he's right, since marriage isn't a right they have = rights, they just want another privilege.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 5:39:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 3:41:28 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

he's right, since marriage isn't a right they have = rights, they just want another privilege.

The fact of the matter is that recognition of marriages is not a Federal issue. Treating it as a Federal issue violates state's rights.

Gays can get married at any willing church in the union. They just are not recognized as married in some states.

State recognition of marriage entitles the gay couple to privileges normal couples embrace, which requires the normal couple to be married.

The issue arises, where is the line drawn? For example, some states won't let single parents adopt, yet this would allow same sex parents can adopt. The same thing keeping the single parent from adopting doesn't apply to the same sex couple, so now the single parents would be up in arms, over their rights to adopt.

That is not to say that I agree with the arguments made, only that it would cause allot of laws and regulations to be shifted around, which may or may not be changed for the best. Changing one thing to allow for a good effect can open the door to multiple bad effects if not done properly.

I personally believe the government should not have say in whether a marriage is recognized or not. It's not the place of the government to validate a religious pact.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:08:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Marriage is a privilege, not a right.

Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

This disturbs me.

http://www.un.org...... and Article 2 state, together, that "Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty." "Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."

Or, anyone, regardless of anything, is entitled to marry, regardless of political system in place. Also, looking at Article 30 : "Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein." and In the report on the issue (http://www2.ohchr.org......), Navi Pillay, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, calls on countries to repeal laws that criminalize homosexuality, abolish the death penalty for offences involving consensual sexual relations, harmonize the age of consent for heterosexual and homosexual conduct, and enact comprehensive anti-discrimination laws.

And please, don't try and argue that America doesn't partake in the UN treaty...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 8:48:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

So then they should be allowed to be married since the Constitution guarantees equal treatment under the law to all citizens?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 9:40:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 8:48:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

So then they should be allowed to be married since the Constitution guarantees equal treatment under the law to all citizens?

Marriage is not a right, it is a privilege.

Privileges are often times taken away by the government and given. Rights are not. Marriage is a privilege.
For example, welfare is a privilege that only lower class members receive.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Steelerman6794
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 9:58:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Each citizen of the United States, regardless of their sexuality, is able to engage in a legal contract with the opposite sex, commonly known as "marriage."

The terms of this legal contract known as "marriage" is limited to two individuals of opposite sex, any two (consenting, adult) individuals of opposite sex. A gay man and a lesbian woman have every right to marry, providing their spouse is a member of the opposite sex.

Thus no discrimination is taking place. Everyone has the right to marry, whether he/she is gay, straight, or polka-dotted. The two parties only need be of different genders.

Any qualms with the institution of marriage should be directed towards changing the legal definition of the word, that is, the terms of the contract. Even in its current form, EVERY CONSENTING ADULT HAS THE RIGHT TO MARRY.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 10:09:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I really don't get why christians have such hate towards gay people. Everyone sins, so why hold gay people accountable for that and not everyone else, including themselves? One cannot force another to be more like them, or to not partake in sin. that would be blasphemy of god.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 10:57:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can't believe it's nearly 2012 and this is still an issue.
Let the gays get married already... fvck.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 11:34:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 9:40:35 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 8:48:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

So then they should be allowed to be married since the Constitution guarantees equal treatment under the law to all citizens?

Marriage is not a right, it is a privilege.

Privileges are often times taken away by the government and given. Rights are not. Marriage is a privilege.
For example, welfare is a privilege that only lower class members receive.

Good job on sidestepping the point I just made. As you know, heterosexuals are given the "privilege" of being able to be married by the government currently. My point is that Constitutionally speaking, the government has no right to give that right to one group of society while withholding it from another group because of their sexual orientation.

The analogy to welfare is flawed. Welfare by it's definition is aid to needy individuals from the government. If you're not needy then the government not giving you welfare is not unconstitutional.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:45:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, I know a lot of people on this site don't support Gay Marriage because they identify as Libertarian. I'm so over the "But I don't think the State should be involved in marriage at ALL" argument. The fact of the matter is that the State IS involved, and for legal and traditional reasons I think the State will always be involved (at least in the near future).:

I understand the resentment of some homophobic people hiding behind that argument, but I actually agree that if you denude the government from it's authority, the problem solves itself.

I mean, who in their f*cking right mind would agree that the government should be able to decide who is married to who? It's absolutely an absurd notion, and more to the point, government was not traditionally involved in marriage. So why did they ingratiate themselves and give certain tax breaks or why do they have any authority over the matter. It literally makes no sense.

*steps off soap box*

Having said that, I agree, the fact of the matter is that the reality of the situation is that government is involved. The only way to make it better is to continue to show the absurdity of their separate but equal proposition. Pressure was the only thing that stopped DADT, and pressure is the only way the government will finally relent on an issue that has no reasonable justification for.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:54:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.

UN Article 30. Everyone must have equal protection under law. Just in case someone brings up the "not equal" argument
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:56:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 10:09:07 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I really don't get why christians have such hate towards gay people. Everyone sins, so why hold gay people accountable for that and not everyone else, including themselves? One cannot force another to be more like them, or to not partake in sin. that would be blasphemy of god.

I know several gay people, that are awesome people, and incredible role models. I just don't see why it has to be marriage. Marriage IS between a man and a woman, that's it. Just give them the same benefits but call it something else, as long as it's not marriage.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:56:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:54:57 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.

UN Article 30. Everyone must have equal protection under law. Just in case someone brings up the "not equal" argument

The thing is, Gays can get married in any church willing. They are just not recognized as married by the state.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:58:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:56:36 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:54:57 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.

UN Article 30. Everyone must have equal protection under law. Just in case someone brings up the "not equal" argument

The thing is, Gays can get married in any church willing. They are just not recognized as married by the state.

Also I hate it when people bring up the UN. The US is a sovereign nation, and the UN imposing their will on the US, is unconstitutional.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:04:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:58:11 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:56:36 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:54:57 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.

UN Article 30. Everyone must have equal protection under law. Just in case someone brings up the "not equal" argument

The thing is, Gays can get married in any church willing. They are just not recognized as married by the state.

Also I hate it when people bring up the UN. The US is a sovereign nation, and the UN imposing their will on the US, is unconstitutional.

Wtf is it with Americans and your constitution? Your the only country in the world that thinks that it has to follow 1 document, and everything else is not important.

Newsflash: The UN document was signed by America, and deemed legal by your courts. You even helped to write it. It also states in the document that it holds above all local gov't laws.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:18:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 11:04:58 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:58:11 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:56:36 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:54:57 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.

UN Article 30. Everyone must have equal protection under law. Just in case someone brings up the "not equal" argument

The thing is, Gays can get married in any church willing. They are just not recognized as married by the state.

Also I hate it when people bring up the UN. The US is a sovereign nation, and the UN imposing their will on the US, is unconstitutional.

Wtf is it with Americans and your constitution? Your the only country in the world that thinks that it has to follow 1 document, and everything else is not important.

Newsflash: The UN document was signed by America, and deemed legal by your courts. You even helped to write it. It also states in the document that it holds above all local gov't laws.

Well, us American people don't really give a D*** about what some big group of people, that only seem to meet to bash us, and Israel, tell us what to do. Our constitution trumps ever document, and honestly, if we cut our funding of the UN, it would fall, plain as that. THAT is why we don't follow you the UN.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:37:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 11:04:58 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:58:11 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:56:36 AM, DanT wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:54:57 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 12/18/2011 12:56:31 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/17/2011 3:30:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:53:28 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:50:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Gays have all the same rights as everybody else.

Enlighten me.

Gays have all the constitutional rights as everybody else.

Apparently not equal protection under the law.

UN Article 30. Everyone must have equal protection under law. Just in case someone brings up the "not equal" argument

The thing is, Gays can get married in any church willing. They are just not recognized as married by the state.

Also I hate it when people bring up the UN. The US is a sovereign nation, and the UN imposing their will on the US, is unconstitutional.

Wtf is it with Americans and your constitution? Your the only country in the world that thinks that it has to follow 1 document, and everything else is not important.


We are a constitutional Republic, thus the constitution restricts the power of our government. I's important to Americans, because it is important to our freedom.

The government has no place recognizing a marriage, and it has no place forcing a policy on a church.

I don't believe in a law stating that gays can be married, because a church could get sued for not marrying a gay couple.

The also don't believe in a law recognizing straight marriage because the state has no authority to do so.

Newsflash: The UN document was signed by America, and deemed legal by your courts. You even helped to write it.

Don't care, the US has to respect the constitution above any other authority.

It also states in the document that it holds above all local govt laws.

Than it's unconstitutional, regardless of judicial activism.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:46:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 11:04:12 PM, Ren wrote:
I think the disagreement on this subject derives from different definitions of marriage.

There is only "one" definition of marrige.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%