Jump to topic:

Compromise

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:12:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Compromise, HMMM For a conservative that means always caving to an idea that is to the left or liberal progressive. For a progressive liberal compromise means moving left leaning ideas at a slower pace more to the left. Using current issues before us as a nation today what would be considered a compromise by the left that would be right leaning or moving to the right in a progressive liberals eyes?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:45:36 AM
In this country, as insane as politicians seem to be... There really isn't much that can be done.

Both parties are for big government, just in different areas. The Republican Party might have more going for it if they were less theocratic and as libertarian as they are supposed to be.

The government officials all need to understand that less government on the federal level is needed in order for everything to run smoothly. Too many politicians, yes, even the Republicans who claim otherwise, fail to do this. They treat the Fed as if it was one of the 50 states.

Even on the state level, less government is preferred. Illinois is a sh1tty place to live because of all the restrictions and taxes they place on individuals and business. That's why I left.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:47:58 AM
Gah, I could care less if they compromise. Nothing good will get done. This country is a lost cause. It needs a mental revolution that might take a generation or two.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 6:53:33 PM
No. It means a little for the right and a little for the left. It is what our funders wanted and practiced. We need to move back to it rather than the tea party take over we see today!!!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:27:22 PM
Right-wing positions that have been passed or so "compromised":

-Welfare reforms during the Clinton era.

-Tax reduction under Reagan and Bush

-Balanced Budget under Clinton

-War in Iraq and Afganistan

-The Patriot Act

-Funding for the war on drugs

-Guantanamo Bay detention camp creation

-Removal of Glass-Seagal Act and other deregulations that took place in 80s.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...