Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

1st Place's Irrelevant, 2nd & 3rd isWhat's Up

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 2:29:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Who care's who's in 1st place in the caucus, what matters is who comes in 2nd and 3rd, that's what truly represents the people. At least that's what the Iowa governor thinks.

"People are going to look at who comes in second and who comes in third. If Romney comes in a strong second, it definitely helps him going into New Hampshire and the other states."
-- Terry Branstad (Iowa Governor)

In the comments section it was said:

"When Ron Paul wins the Presidency, establishment headlines will read "Obama comes in a close second"

This is quite comical, but probably true.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 2:48:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 2:29:41 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Who care's who's in 1st place in the caucus, what matters is who comes in 2nd and 3rd, that's what truly represents the people. At least that's what the Iowa governor thinks.

"People are going to look at who comes in second and who comes in third. If Romney comes in a strong second, it definitely helps him going into New Hampshire and the other states."
-- Terry Branstad (Iowa Governor)



In the comments section it was said:

"When Ron Paul wins the Presidency, establishment headlines will read "Obama comes in a close second"

This is quite comical, but probably true.

Ok, I think we all understand that you love Ron Paul. I do not, however, see any need for you to spam threads about this every day. I am not trying to be rude; it is just annoying to see threads about how Ron Paul is going to win the presidency every day on this forum.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 3:14:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 2:48:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, I think we all understand that you love Ron Paul.

That's not the point of this thread. I'm not praising Ron Paul here, I'm focusing on the Republican establishment and the media's perpetual degradation of Ron Paul.

I do not, however, see any need for you to spam threads about this every day.

It's not spam, they're legitimate topics of discussion. You just happen to dislike them.

I am not trying to be rude;

You're not rude, just stupid.

it is just annoying to see threads about how Ron Paul is going to win the presidency every day on this forum.

That's not what this is about. Plus, I'm keeping the Politics forum alive, it's been pretty dead for a while. If you have some better political topics, then post them and stop complaining about mine. You can look at something else if you don't want to see these.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 10:33:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 3:14:49 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/21/2011 2:48:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, I think we all understand that you love Ron Paul.

That's not the point of this thread. I'm not praising Ron Paul here, I'm focusing on the Republican establishment and the media's perpetual degradation of Ron Paul.

I do not, however, see any need for you to spam threads about this every day.

It's not spam, they're legitimate topics of discussion. You just happen to dislike them.

I am not trying to be rude;

You're not rude, just stupid.

it is just annoying to see threads about how Ron Paul is going to win the presidency every day on this forum.

That's not what this is about. Plus, I'm keeping the Politics forum alive, it's been pretty dead for a while. If you have some better political topics, then post them and stop complaining about mine. You can look at something else if you don't want to see these.

Your posts are not about the media's degredation about Ron Paul; they are, rather, about how he is going to destroy Obama and win the primary despite the fact that nobody likes him. You just spam unwarranted assertions. If you have any evidence besides comments on a blog, please feel free to post them.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 12:52:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 10:33:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
ur posts are not about the media's degredation about Ron Paul; they are, rather, about how he is going to destroy Obama and win the primary

False. I'm simply showimg how well Ron Paul is doing and that he has a good chance win.

despite the fact that nobody likes him. You just spam unwarranted assertions. If you have any evidence besides comments on a blog, please feel free to post them.

Oh, is that so? Because I recall in my other thread about Ron Paul, I wrote 3 long posts giving reasons why Ron Paul is likely to win, and all you responded with was "I doubt that he will win." Wow, way to make a weak baseless assertion with no evidence just like you accused me of doing.

Evidence: http://www.debate.org...

See, the fact of the matter is, most of my threads about Ron Paul are actually there to provide reasons why hes likely to win, not simply just declaring over and over that hes going to win. I dont even claim knowledge of certainty that he will win, its a future event that cant be known for sure.

Also, I never used a comment from a blog as evidence, the comment from the OP is simply there because its a funny prediction of what would happen IF Ron Paul won.

You don't seem to possess any reading comprehension skills at all but good at making misguided and baseless attacks.

http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 1:02:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 12:52:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/21/2011 10:33:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
ur posts are not about the media's degredation about Ron Paul; they are, rather, about how he is going to destroy Obama and win the primary

False. I'm simply showimg how well Ron Paul is doing and that he has a good chance win.

despite the fact that nobody likes him. You just spam unwarranted assertions. If you have any evidence besides comments on a blog, please feel free to post them.

Oh, is that so? Because I recall in my other thread about Ron Paul, I wrote 3 long posts giving reasons why Ron Paul is likely to win, and all you responded with was "I doubt that he will win." Wow, way to make a weak baseless assertion with no evidence just like you accused me of doing.

Evidence: http://www.debate.org...

See, the fact of the matter is, most of my threads about Ron Paul are actually there to provide reasons why hes likely to win, not simply just declaring over and over that hes going to win. I dont even claim knowledge of certainty that he will win, its a future event that cant be known for sure.

Also, I never used a comment from a blog as evidence, the comment from the OP is simply there because its a funny prediction of what would happen IF Ron Paul won.

You don't seem to possess any reading comprehension skills at all but good at making misguided and baseless attacks.


http://www.debate.org...

LOL, I do not need to defend my reading comprehension skills to you; I have proven quite adequately to others that I have superior comprehension skills.

So, basically you have no evidence for his victory, right? He is not going to win because he has very little support, will not get funded by the corporations, and is too radical to attract support from the majority of moderates.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 2:46:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 10:33:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Your posts are not about the media's degredation about Ron Paul; they are, rather, about how he is going to destroy Obama and win the primary despite the fact that nobody likes him. You just spam unwarranted assertions. If you have any evidence besides comments on a blog, please feel free to post them.

Geo likes him!
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 3:18:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey! I like Ron Paul as well.

I'm a straight up capitalist too. People give me money, nigga, why the fug would I advocate anything else? I have sympathy for the poor I want to elevate the poor. Why am I a conservative? Because I realize thAt the system can be worked. You gotta be a hustla, nigga.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 3:41:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I like him, and I'll probably vote for him in the primary. He is the only candidate that has substantive solutions to the problems we face, but because they require some radical change he will not be elected, because he is a threat to the entrenched establishment of democrats and republicans he doesn't have a chance, but the reality is he is the only one who has the position of total and complete change to the things that are making our financial and political situation worse.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 4:23:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 2:46:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/21/2011 10:33:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Your posts are not about the media's degredation about Ron Paul; they are, rather, about how he is going to destroy Obama and win the primary despite the fact that nobody likes him. You just spam unwarranted assertions. If you have any evidence besides comments on a blog, please feel free to post them.

What I don't get....is how people can have attitudes like that....NOBODY likes him....though he is about to win Iowa. So those people must not like him either, right? They are voting for him because they HATE him, obviously....

Please. How can you say a fairly elected congressman who is running for president AND WINNING shouldn't be focused on? How can you say he hasn't a chance, when roughly 80% of those who win in Iowa go on to become president?
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 4:27:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@ royalpaladin
You know If you find Geo's topics annoying there's an amazing thing you can do and not click on them. In fact, topics are marked by the author so If you see a forum topic by Geo you can just skip over it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 1:16:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 4:27:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:
@ royalpaladin
You know If you find Geo's topics annoying there's an amazing thing you can do and not click on them. In fact, topics are marked by the author so If you see a forum topic by Geo you can just skip over it.

Amen to that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 6:17:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
current poll update (iowa):

(results fluctuate):

Mitt Romney leading with 25 percent support, followed by Texas Congressman Ron Paul at 20 percent and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 17 percent.
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

But according to cbs:

Paul has the support of 27.5

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished a close second, with 25.3 percent,

followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who took 17.5 percent.
http://www.cbsnews.com...

NBC:

Gingrich: 26
Romney: 18
Paul:17

And according to last nights hannity Bachman is on the rise and is on an iowa tour and has picked up 1,500 new supporters. But Santorum is on the rise too with new evangelical endorsements. Bachman and santorum will show better than expected.

So yes, 1st place is up foe grabs
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 8:32:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 2:46:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/21/2011 10:33:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Your posts are not about the media's degredation about Ron Paul; they are, rather, about how he is going to destroy Obama and win the primary despite the fact that nobody likes him.

Nobody? He's at about 10% nationally, and is now polling consistently at above 20% in the first two voting states. He has created the single largest, most passionate, dedicated grassroots support probably in the history of American politics - a phenomenon which has baffled and stunned veteran political analysts. This grassroots organization created the modern day Tea Party, which propelled several Senators to office in 2010.

All while running in a party that has not only not welcomed him, but that has done everything to shun him, ignore him, and even ridicule him at times.

So please don't downplay his support and say nobody likes him. That's just utter stupidity, and it makes you sound like one of those mainstream media talking heads. His support is growing exponentially, and considering all his supporters will work hard over the next 4 years to "convert" more people to Paul's message/ideas, don't be surprised if his support has doubled by 2016... Just like it has more than doubled since 2008.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 8:42:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 6:17:01 PM, 16kadams wrote:
current poll update (iowa):

(results fluctuate):

Mitt Romney leading with 25 percent support, followed by Texas Congressman Ron Paul at 20 percent and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 17 percent.
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

But according to cbs:

Paul has the support of 27.5

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished a close second, with 25.3 percent,

followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who took 17.5 percent.
http://www.cbsnews.com...

NBC:

Gingrich: 26
Romney: 18
Paul:17

And according to last nights hannity Bachman is on the rise and is on an iowa tour and has picked up 1,500 new supporters. But Santorum is on the rise too with new evangelical endorsements. Bachman and santorum will show better than expected.

So yes, 1st place is up foe grabs

http://en.wikipedia.org...

^^^ This is a compilation of all polls from all states....

Of the 5 most recent Iowa polls, from the last week or so, Ron Paul places first in 4 of them. I imagine some of these polls are not taking into account independents where Paul obviously leads, much less Democrats who will vote for him, where he obviously leads as well. (You can register Republican the night of the caucus, I believe.)

Also, the caucus system favors candidates like Paul because of his dedicated support, and disfavors candidates like Romney who not many people are really passionate about. You can't just go up and put in a vote and leave. So if, say, the weather is crap on caucus night, you know who's going to benefit... And who's gets hurt.

Lastly, Paul is aggressively campaigning in Iowa, unlike Romney and Gingrich. He's airing a ton of ads there and sending out a lot of direct mail from a recent moneybomb where he raised over 4 million dollars.

Conclusion: I'd put my money on Ron Paul winning the Iowa Caucus. This will catapult him to do well in New Hampshire, where he is already consistently polling around 20%. I'd be very, very surprised if he came in less than 2nd in New Hampshire.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 9:45:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 8:42:26 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 12/22/2011 6:17:01 PM, 16kadams wrote:
current poll update (iowa):

(results fluctuate):

Mitt Romney leading with 25 percent support, followed by Texas Congressman Ron Paul at 20 percent and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 17 percent.
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

But according to cbs:

Paul has the support of 27.5

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished a close second, with 25.3 percent,

followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who took 17.5 percent.
http://www.cbsnews.com...

NBC:

Gingrich: 26
Romney: 18
Paul:17

And according to last nights hannity Bachman is on the rise and is on an iowa tour and has picked up 1,500 new supporters. But Santorum is on the rise too with new evangelical endorsements. Bachman and santorum will show better than expected.

So yes, 1st place is up foe grabs

http://en.wikipedia.org...

^^^ This is a compilation of all polls from all states....

Of the 5 most recent Iowa polls, from the last week or so, Ron Paul places first in 4 of them. I imagine some of these polls are not taking into account independents where Paul obviously leads, much less Democrats who will vote for him, where he obviously leads as well. (You can register Republican the night of the caucus, I believe.)

Also, the caucus system favors candidates like Paul because of his dedicated support, and disfavors candidates like Romney who not many people are really passionate about. You can't just go up and put in a vote and leave. So if, say, the weather is crap on caucus night, you know who's going to benefit... And who's gets hurt.

Lastly, Paul is aggressively campaigning in Iowa, unlike Romney and Gingrich. He's airing a ton of ads there and sending out a lot of direct mail from a recent moneybomb where he raised over 4 million dollars.

Conclusion: I'd put my money on Ron Paul winning the Iowa Caucus. This will catapult him to do well in New Hampshire, where he is already consistently polling around 20%. I'd be very, very surprised if he came in less than 2nd in New Hampshire.

No the real clear politics websites said it was all for iowa
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 10:40:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 9:45:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/22/2011 8:42:26 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 12/22/2011 6:17:01 PM, 16kadams wrote:
current poll update (iowa):

(results fluctuate):

Mitt Romney leading with 25 percent support, followed by Texas Congressman Ron Paul at 20 percent and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 17 percent.
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

But according to cbs:

Paul has the support of 27.5

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished a close second, with 25.3 percent,

followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who took 17.5 percent.
http://www.cbsnews.com...

NBC:

Gingrich: 26
Romney: 18
Paul:17

And according to last nights hannity Bachman is on the rise and is on an iowa tour and has picked up 1,500 new supporters. But Santorum is on the rise too with new evangelical endorsements. Bachman and santorum will show better than expected.

So yes, 1st place is up foe grabs

http://en.wikipedia.org...

^^^ This is a compilation of all polls from all states....

Of the 5 most recent Iowa polls, from the last week or so, Ron Paul places first in 4 of them. I imagine some of these polls are not taking into account independents where Paul obviously leads, much less Democrats who will vote for him, where he obviously leads as well. (You can register Republican the night of the caucus, I believe.)

Also, the caucus system favors candidates like Paul because of his dedicated support, and disfavors candidates like Romney who not many people are really passionate about. You can't just go up and put in a vote and leave. So if, say, the weather is crap on caucus night, you know who's going to benefit... And who's gets hurt.

Lastly, Paul is aggressively campaigning in Iowa, unlike Romney and Gingrich. He's airing a ton of ads there and sending out a lot of direct mail from a recent moneybomb where he raised over 4 million dollars.

Conclusion: I'd put my money on Ron Paul winning the Iowa Caucus. This will catapult him to do well in New Hampshire, where he is already consistently polling around 20%. I'd be very, very surprised if he came in less than 2nd in New Hampshire.

No the real clear politics websites said it was all for iowa

I don't get what you're talking about... When I said it was a compilation of polling from all states I was referring to the wikipedia page I posted. Included in that are all the Iowa polls. 4/5 of the most recent show Paul in 1st place.