Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Ron Paul

cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 4:43:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I made a post about this before...but with voting time around the corner who thinks Ron Paul has a chance of winning? Why/why not? Also, what's your opinion on his philosophy/ideas?
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 5:12:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 4:43:52 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
I made a post about this before...but with voting time around the corner who thinks Ron Paul has a chance of winning? Why/why not? Also, what's your opinion on his philosophy/ideas?:

The status quo cannot stand him. Mainstream conservatives do not want to pull the trigger on him, but would if it guaranteed a victory against Obama. That said, he's resonating with people on a remarkable level. More and more diehard conservatives are defecting to his brand of libertarianism, and he has the largest following of any candidate. He as enormous funds and generates millions in moneybombs every debate.

He has an excellent chance of winning, but never discount the power of stuffy old white men and their desire to continue with Bush/Cheney's wars.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 5:24:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 4:43:52 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
I made a post about this before...but with voting time around the corner who thinks Ron Paul has a chance of winning? Why/why not?

I'm not sure. Probably not much of a chance though. He's not liked very much at all by conservatives who want to continue the state of American militarism abroad and the quasi-totalitarian wars on drugs and terror on the home front. Democrats and left liberals don't like him because of his free market stances and membership in the Austrian school. That being said though he's developed an incredible grass roots movement and out of all the candidates he's the only one I would think of voting for.

Also, what's your opinion on his philosophy/ideas?

I think the ideas of minarchist libertarianism are a bit misguided to tell the truth. I think that when you give an institution like the government complete control over law, the courts, and force in general, you're pretty much opening the door for abuses and expansion of power. I think while definitely the most legitimate form of government, its usually doomed to result in inevitable over-expansion of power.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 5:34:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 5:12:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 12/21/2011 4:43:52 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
I made a post about this before...but with voting time around the corner who thinks Ron Paul has a chance of winning? Why/why not? Also, what's your opinion on his philosophy/ideas?:

The status quo cannot stand him. Mainstream conservatives do not want to pull the trigger on him, but would if it guaranteed a victory against Obama. That said, he's resonating with people on a remarkable level. More and more diehard conservatives are defecting to his brand of libertarianism, and he has the largest following of any candidate. He as enormous funds and generates millions in moneybombs every debate.

He has an excellent chance of winning, but never discount the power of stuffy old white men and their desire to continue with Bush/Cheney's wars.

Agreed.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 5:34:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/21/2011 5:24:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/21/2011 4:43:52 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
I made a post about this before...but with voting time around the corner who thinks Ron Paul has a chance of winning? Why/why not?

I'm not sure. Probably not much of a chance though. He's not liked very much at all by conservatives who want to continue the state of American militarism abroad and the quasi-totalitarian wars on drugs and terror on the home front. Democrats and left liberals don't like him because of his free market stances and membership in the Austrian school. That being said though he's developed an incredible grass roots movement and out of all the candidates he's the only one I would think of voting for.

I honestly believe he has more of an appeal to liberals than any other candidate..
Also, what's your opinion on his philosophy/ideas?

I think the ideas of minarchist libertarianism are a bit misguided to tell the truth. I think that when you give an institution like the government complete control over law, the courts, and force in general, you're pretty much opening the door for abuses and expansion of power. I think while definitely the most legitimate form of government, its usually doomed to result in inevitable over-expansion of power.

Well if the government were to expand their power it wouldn't be minarchism, would it?
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin