Jump to topic:

Gingrich Fails 2 Qualify for Virginia Primary

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 4:39:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"'After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary,' the party said on its Twitter feed just after 2:30am local time.

On Friday the state's Republican Party announced that Texas Gov. Rick Perry had also failed to qualify for the primary, which is to be held on Super Tuesday, March 6.

Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul have qualified for the primary, while Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum did not submit signatures for verification, state GOP officials said."

http://www.foxnews.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 2:03:03 PM
That's retarded. Gingrich has a real shot at winning the nomination and they are replacing him for jokes such as Ron Paul and Rick Santorum?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 8:30:06 PM
Btw, I thought he was the one guy who was 14. Turns out he's 19, so instead of "kid", I guess I should have said "dude" or something..
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 8:31:27 PM
At 12/24/2011 8:30:06 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
Btw, I thought he was the one guy who was 14. Turns out he's 19, so instead of "kid", I guess I should have said "dude" or something..

Apparently I'm on crack, I actually did say "guy".
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 9:22:34 PM
At 12/24/2011 8:27:43 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
What's hilarious is this guy above us who considers Ron Paul to be a joke, but sees Gingrich as a reliable guy.

Just wow...

I never said reliable. Gingrich is just more affiliated with my views. Paul is a joke. He will NEVER win the nomination.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 9:38:54 PM
At 12/24/2011 8:31:27 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:

how are you ever going to control yourself once Paul legalizes the stuff for you?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 9:43:01 PM

How can't you know?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 10:10:08 PM
At 12/24/2011 9:22:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
What's hilarious is this guy above us who considers Ron Paul to be a joke, but sees Gingrich as a reliable guy.

Just wow...

I never said reliable. Gingrich is just more affiliated with my views. Paul is a joke. He will NEVER win the nomination.

Ron Paul IS now SERIOUSLY in the running with him and Romney being the only two on the ballet to pick from. I live here in Virginia and I can tell you from all the conservatives I know who would have never hit the Ron Paul button before are going to now. and I will tell you the reasons why the average virginian conservative will....

A) many have this thing about not voting for mormons.... they think the president should be christian....
B) while a republican voter might not be a libitarian by far, they are not so dead set against them that they wont want to try voting for him at all.
C) not even Pauls critics get to call him inconstant, but romney forever will have the label of flip flopper that stands for nothing
D) a tea partier will take a libitarian over what they consider a RINO (republican in name only, aka moderate republican)
E) the republicans who in Bush's presidency were all for the need to go stop the terrorist are now tired of or nation 'being the worlds police' and want out and Paul will give them that.
F) Virgina just recently went through setting up our own back up currency should the federal dollar collapse and become worthless as a state issue. Ron Paul might be the only senator out there thats known for seriously trying to back our dollars with gold again.
G) there are a good deal of voters who I would have to say are more familar with why they would not vote for Romney than they are Ron Paul. they wont learn much about Paul until he's running against obama.
H) no one I have talked too has any intention of writing in one of the other canadites names. they are all so disgusted with there ineptness at being able to get 10,000 signatures on time while having time to do those 10,000 some debates.... we Virginians are not going to write-in vote as our next presidential leaders people who we think are pathetic.

there's no doubt about it Paul is going to be our 'anyone but Romney' canadite now and if you'll recall last time round we did not go to romney mcain got us. I dont forsee a chance of the trend changing this go round.

there were some old people who were planning on Gingrich before all this. the same old people who took Mcain over Romney and Huckabee. now that gingrich is out who do you think there falling too? Romney or Paul?

I am not some Ron Paul supporter trying to convince myself he has a chance, I wanted Huckabee the last time over Paul and Romney and Mcain and I wanted Santorum this time. I know how my people vote I have diverse kinds of conservative friends and I can tell you without a doubt that I am sure Ron Paul is going to win Virgina's 13 electoral votes.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 10:30:32 PM
At 12/24/2011 9:43:01 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

How can't you know?

I was thinking "kid" in my head as I was typing it, so I figured that I had typed that.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 10:33:27 PM

Just wow...

Whatever, you obviously consider Gingrich to be more reliable in the sense that he can win, or he has better views. Either way, you labeled Paul as a joke, which couldn't be farther from the truth. He's the only candidate with consistent views and some actual principles and fresh ideas. Everyone else is the same old recycled, corrupt garbage, but Paul is the one who's a joke.

Yeah, okay.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 10:37:10 PM
At 12/24/2011 10:33:27 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:

Just wow...

Whatever, you obviously consider Gingrich to be more reliable in the sense that he can win, or he has better views. Either way, you labeled Paul as a joke, which couldn't be farther from the truth. He's the only candidate with consistent views and some actual principles and fresh ideas. Everyone else is the same old recycled, corrupt garbage, but Paul is the one who's a joke.

Yeah, okay.

lol continue ranting. I will laugh in your face when Paul loses the nomination.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 11:01:48 PM
At 12/24/2011 10:37:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Just wow...

Yeah, okay.

How does this refute anything I said above? The reasons I cited behind Paul NOT being a joke have nothing to do with his chances of winning - they have to do with his ideas, principles, and honesty. Not to mention, a person's chances of winning don't have much to do with whether or not they should be considered a joke. If Obama has much better chances then Gingrich in the general election, does that make Gingrich a joke?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 11:30:24 PM
At 12/24/2011 10:37:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Just wow...

Yeah, okay.

fine just ignore the 8 reasons I gave you why Ron Paul is definitly going to win the nomination. ignore the first hand reports you have recived from an actual virginian

A Scout is Obedient.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 1:14:16 AM

Just wow...

It was once thought that Bachmann is more electable than Paul. Then she plumeted. It was once thought that Rick Perry is more electable than Paul. Then he plumeted. It was once thought that Herman Cain is more electable than Ron Paul. Then he dropped out.

Why arent you saying Bachmann will NEVER win. Why aren't you saying Perry will NEVER win. Why aren't you saying Herman Cain will NEVER win.

Why are you and the news only saying Ron Paul will never win when his chances are better than every single candidate except Romney.

You know what they said about Reagan? He CANT win. And look what happened.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 11:26:38 AM
At 12/25/2011 1:14:16 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Just wow...

It was once thought that Bachmann is more electable than Paul. Then she plumeted. It was once thought that Rick Perry is more electable than Paul. Then he plumeted. It was once thought that Herman Cain is more electable than Ron Paul. Then he dropped out.
Your point?
Why arent you saying Bachmann will NEVER win. Why aren't you saying Perry will NEVER win. Why aren't you saying Herman Cain will NEVER win.
Bachmann won't win. Neither will Cain or Perry. Romney will win.
Why are you and the news only saying Ron Paul will never win when his chances are better than every single candidate except Romney.
http://www.nationalpolls.com...
Paul would perform horribly against Obama.
You know what they said about Reagan? He CANT win. And look what happened.
Nobody said that.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 11:32:33 AM
I mistook the word Gingrich for Grinch when reading the title. lol
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault