Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

10 Worst Presidents of the USA

jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:37:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is my list of 10 worst presidents, starting at the worst:

1.) Franklin Roosevelt

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Barack Obama

4.) Woodrow Wilson

5.) Jimmy Carter

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Theodore Roosevelt

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Ulysses Grant

10.) Franklin Pierce
President of DDO
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:40:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
William Henry Harrison.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:41:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 7:40:01 PM, thett3 wrote:
William Henry Harrison.

Beat me to it. Lol
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why LBJ?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:53:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Blasphemy! Teddy doesn't belong on this list!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:54:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 7:53:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Blasphemy! Teddy doesn't belong on this list!

Nevermind Teddy, FDR is #1. Say what you must about the New Deal, but FDR's foreign policy was one of the best this nation has ever had.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 7:57:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 7:37:13 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Here is my list of 10 worst presidents, starting at the worst:

1.) Franklin Roosevelt

2.) Lyndon Johnson

3.) Barack Obama

4.) Woodrow Wilson

5.) Jimmy Carter

6.) Herbert Hoover

7.) Theodore Roosevelt

8.) Richard Nixon

9.) Ulysses Grant

10.) Franklin Pierce

My God.....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:01:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 7:52:57 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
1. Calvin Coolidge
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Ronald Reagan
4. Grover Cleveland
5. Taft

COME AT ME BRO.

Wow, we have the exact same list for 5 best presidents too.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:07:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 7:54:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:53:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Blasphemy! Teddy doesn't belong on this list!

Nevermind Teddy, FDR is #1. Say what you must about the New Deal, but FDR's foreign policy was one of the best this nation has ever had.

THIS.

My list:

1. Ronald Reagan
2. James Buchanan
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. Herbert Hoover
5. George Bush
6. Richard Nixon
7. Andrew Jackson (trail of tears)
8. Andrew Johnson (creator of Jim Crow)
9. Warren G. Harding (too many scandals)

can't really think of a tenth.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:11:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Reagan is so overrated.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:12:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:07:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:54:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:53:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Blasphemy! Teddy doesn't belong on this list!

Nevermind Teddy, FDR is #1. Say what you must about the New Deal, but FDR's foreign policy was one of the best this nation has ever had.

THIS.

My list:

1. Ronald Reagan
2. James Buchanan
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. Herbert Hoover
5. George Bush
6. Richard Nixon
7. Andrew Jackson (trail of tears)
8. Andrew Johnson (creator of Jim Crow)
9. Warren G. Harding (too many scandals)

can't really think of a tenth.

Do you have a justification for Reagan being worse than genocidal Andrew Jackson or War mongerer Bush, or did you just say that to piss off the Reagan worshipers?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:15:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:12:03 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:07:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:54:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:53:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Blasphemy! Teddy doesn't belong on this list!

Nevermind Teddy, FDR is #1. Say what you must about the New Deal, but FDR's foreign policy was one of the best this nation has ever had.

THIS.

My list:

1. Ronald Reagan
2. James Buchanan
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. Herbert Hoover
5. George Bush
6. Richard Nixon
7. Andrew Jackson (trail of tears)
8. Andrew Johnson (creator of Jim Crow)
9. Warren G. Harding (too many scandals)

can't really think of a tenth.

Do you have a justification for Reagan being worse than genocidal Andrew Jackson or War mongerer Bush, or did you just say that to piss off the Reagan worshipers?

lol that was in order of which presidents came to my mind first. Had I put it in order of worst, Wilson would have been first.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:23:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:07:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:54:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:53:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Blasphemy! Teddy doesn't belong on this list!

Nevermind Teddy, FDR is #1. Say what you must about the New Deal, but FDR's foreign policy was one of the best this nation has ever had.

THIS.

My list:

1. Ronald Reagan
2. James Buchanan
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. Herbert Hoover
5. George Bush
6. Richard Nixon
7. Andrew Jackson (trail of tears)
8. Andrew Johnson (creator of Jim Crow)
9. Warren G. Harding (too many scandals)

can't really think of a tenth.

lolz Reagan, Bush, lol?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:30:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

It's not his fault that a bunch of hippy-dippy dipshit liberal commies decided to parade down the streets naked while dry humping each other.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:38:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?

Ya, Medicare, Medicaid, and all the Great Society programs have led to all of those things.
President of DDO
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:39:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?

Socialism and social programs inherently contain these problems. They create an incentive towards non-production and waste. Its essentially stealing from success to reward failure.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:45:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:39:20 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?

Socialism and social programs inherently contain these problems. They create an incentive towards non-production and waste. Its essentially stealing from success to reward failure.

Thats such a massive strawman of reality itself. Why is it that you think life works in this linear fashion of reap what you sew, if you are not rich, that is your own fault, hard work will set you free?... People are poor often times because there is corruption, and because they are not given the same opportunity to success that others have. The door to higher social status is completely shut for many. How are these people failures?

Secondly, where is the theft you speak of? If you think using tax revenue is theft then you insult MUCH more programs than welfare my friend.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:54:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:45:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:39:20 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?

Socialism and social programs inherently contain these problems. They create an incentive towards non-production and waste. Its essentially stealing from success to reward failure.

Thats such a massive strawman of reality itself. Why is it that you think life works in this linear fashion of reap what you sew, if you are not rich, that is your own fault, hard work will set you free?... People are poor often times because there is corruption, and because they are not given the same opportunity to success that others have. The door to higher social status is completely shut for many. How are these people failures?

Secondly, where is the theft you speak of? If you think using tax revenue is theft then you insult MUCH more programs than welfare my friend.

God, why are you so aggressive?

Anyway, it's ironic that you accuse me of strawmanning. Where did I even imply that life was "you reap what you sow"? The world is not fair, in fact its sickeningly and horrifyingly unfair. Attempts to make the world fair always fail because they go against what is natural. Besides, who exactly has the door to social success closed to them? We have a negro president with female cabinet members, a negro and jewish supreme court judge, a catholic vice president, several malay congressmen ect. Yeah, life sucks if you're poor. It's funny that you say that we need social programs because some people arent "given the same opportunities" as others, because I would argue that it's over-reliance on those very same programs that holds certain groups back today. I bet Martin Luther King would weep if he saw the pitiful progress the majority of his race has made in the past 50 years.

Taxation is a violation of proprty rights (IE theft), whether it is justifiable is a different question. If you doubt that, please explain what the moral difference is between me going and stealing money from a wealthy person to give to the poor and the government doing the same thing
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 9:04:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 8:54:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:45:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:39:20 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?

Socialism and social programs inherently contain these problems. They create an incentive towards non-production and waste. Its essentially stealing from success to reward failure.

Thats such a massive strawman of reality itself. Why is it that you think life works in this linear fashion of reap what you sew, if you are not rich, that is your own fault, hard work will set you free?... People are poor often times because there is corruption, and because they are not given the same opportunity to success that others have. The door to higher social status is completely shut for many. How are these people failures?

Secondly, where is the theft you speak of? If you think using tax revenue is theft then you insult MUCH more programs than welfare my friend.

God, why are you so aggressive?

I'm sorry? I think you may be reading it in a much more angry voice than I'm typing it, I honestly did not write that with the intention of aggression.

Anyway, it's ironic that you accuse me of strawmanning. Where did I even imply that life was "you reap what you sow"? The world is not fair, in fact its sickeningly and horrifyingly unfair. Attempts to make the world fair always fail because they go against what is natural. Besides, who exactly has the door to social success closed to them? We have a negro president with female cabinet members, a negro and jewish supreme court judge, a catholic vice president, several malay congressmen ect. Yeah, life sucks if you're poor. It's funny that you say that we need social programs because some people arent "given the same opportunities" as others, because I would argue that it's over-reliance on those very same programs that holds certain groups back today. I bet Martin Luther King would weep if he saw the pitiful progress the majority of his race has made in the past 50 years.

Attributing the unfairness caused by human beings on life is the greatest miscarriage of blame I have ever heard. If someone runs a red light thinking he had enough time,...and hits you as you're crossing the street, that's life right? No, it is not. Life has no hand in what goes on in this world, life is an intangible and nonexistent concept we refer to to characterize our existence on Earth. If someone is born with a disability, that is nature. Nature is unfair, that's a valid argument. Life is unfair is not.

Now, human beings are the one's that have constructed a society for themselves. They are the ones that have organized and privatized the natural world. If there is a breach in fairness onset by society, we blame the humans that RUN that society, not some amorphous concept like "life." The government therefore, being the head of this society, has an obligation to see that society is not forcing injustice on people, and not forcing unfairness on people. If such unfairness should happen to occur, the government has the obligation to fight it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 9:16:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 9:04:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:54:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:45:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:39:20 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:34:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:32:22 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:30:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/27/2011 8:27:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/27/2011 7:52:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Why LBJ?

Great Society.

wow, he's giving the poor the opportunity to make something of their lives, and eliminating law-enforced racial discrimination, how evil, what a terrible president!

He created a bunch of failed state programs on completely false assumptions that we are still paying the price for today.

These programs have led to urban decay, moral decay, and reduced economic output.

hmm, I wonder what other president I could say that about....What a generic accusation, do you have some actual facts to back up that assertion or is that it?

Socialism and social programs inherently contain these problems. They create an incentive towards non-production and waste. Its essentially stealing from success to reward failure.

Thats such a massive strawman of reality itself. Why is it that you think life works in this linear fashion of reap what you sew, if you are not rich, that is your own fault, hard work will set you free?... People are poor often times because there is corruption, and because they are not given the same opportunity to success that others have. The door to higher social status is completely shut for many. How are these people failures?

Secondly, where is the theft you speak of? If you think using tax revenue is theft then you insult MUCH more programs than welfare my friend.

God, why are you so aggressive?

I'm sorry? I think you may be reading it in a much more angry voice than I'm typing it, I honestly did not write that with the intention of aggression.

Accepted
Anyway, it's ironic that you accuse me of strawmanning. Where did I even imply that life was "you reap what you sow"? The world is not fair, in fact its sickeningly and horrifyingly unfair. Attempts to make the world fair always fail because they go against what is natural. Besides, who exactly has the door to social success closed to them? We have a negro president with female cabinet members, a negro and jewish supreme court judge, a catholic vice president, several malay congressmen ect. Yeah, life sucks if you're poor. It's funny that you say that we need social programs because some people arent "given the same opportunities" as others, because I would argue that it's over-reliance on those very same programs that holds certain groups back today. I bet Martin Luther King would weep if he saw the pitiful progress the majority of his race has made in the past 50 years.

Attributing the unfairness caused by human beings on life is the greatest miscarriage of blame I have ever heard. If someone runs a red light thinking he had enough time,...and hits you as you're crossing the street, that's life right? No, it is not. Life has no hand in what goes on in this world, life is an intangible and nonexistent concept we refer to to characterize our existence on Earth. If someone is born with a disability, that is nature. Nature is unfair, that's a valid argument. Life is unfair is not.

Now you're just playing with semantics. That some are born poor and others rich is an unfair part of life (society, humanity, reality, whatever you wish to call it). Since people are inclined to look after their own interests (not others), then it follows that aspects of life will always be unfair. Such is the human condition that things will never be "fair". Thats why programs fighting for such things are such failures, it goes against human nature to be fair.

Now, human beings are the one's that have constructed a society for themselves. They are the ones that have organized and privatized the natural world. If there is a breach in fairness onset by society, we blame the humans that RUN that society, not some amorphous concept like "life." The government therefore, being the head of this society, has an obligation to see that society is not forcing injustice on people, and not forcing unfairness on people. If such unfairness should happen to occur, the government has the obligation to fight it.

The problem with your argument is two-fold. If you blame society for holding people down, why on Earth would you want to put the power to mend the transgression to the "head of society" when society is the one causing the problem to begin with? Secondly, in order to uplift certain groups, its unavoidable that the government will have to exploit other groups to do so. How is that fair? It may not be fair that some people inherited family fortunes and you and I (I presume) did not, but the government stealing that persons money and giving it to us isn't any more fair.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 9:33:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is my list:

1. Barack Obama since he is black and left a lot of campaign promises unanswered. (Not that I would want them done anyways, but you get the point)

2. Franklin Roosevelt for declaring war on Nazi Germany.

3. Abraham Lincoln for declaring war on a peaceful nation and for freeing the slaves.

4. John F. Kennedy for supporting Civil Rights for African Americans.

5. Lyndon B. Johnson for building the "Great" Society and passing numerous and often pointless "Civil" Rights Acts.

6. Richard Nixon for his pointless war on drugs.

7. George W. Bush for appointing Condoleezza Rice to secretary of state.

8. Ronald Reagan for signing Martin Luther King Jr. Day into law.

I'll leave this list for now...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 9:36:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 9:16:58 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/27/2011 9:04:28 PM, 000ike wrote:

Attributing the unfairness caused by human beings on life is the greatest miscarriage of blame I have ever heard. If someone runs a red light thinking he had enough time,...and hits you as you're crossing the street, that's life right? No, it is not. Life has no hand in what goes on in this world, life is an intangible and nonexistent concept we refer to to characterize our existence on Earth. If someone is born with a disability, that is nature. Nature is unfair, that's a valid argument. Life is unfair is not.

Now you're just playing with semantics. That some are born poor and others rich is an unfair part of life (society, humanity, reality, whatever you wish to call it). Since people are inclined to look after their own interests (not others), then it follows that aspects of life will always be unfair. Such is the human condition that things will never be "fair". Thats why programs fighting for such things are such failures, it goes against human nature to be fair.

The only thing we can say if unfair is Nature, but then again, nature is uncontrollable and indiscriminate. Nature of course referring to all things corporally unfair, birth defects, diseases etc.

It seems your entire argument is founded upon the utter assertion that human nature, life, whatever you want to call it, is INHERENTLY unfair. What is inherently unfair about human nature. Do we have a natural propensity to rob, to stifle others' opportunities at life and success? Do we have a natural inclination to step on the backs of others to get somewhere?.....What in the brain, psyche, or body could you possibly point to support this unholy perversion of reality. You seem to treat this assertion like an axiom when it is not. I see life differently than you, I don't believe that there is a natural order of injustice. You have the affirmative case, lets hear it.

This is the core of our disagreement.

Now, human beings are the one's that have constructed a society for themselves. They are the ones that have organized and privatized the natural world. If there is a breach in fairness onset by society, we blame the humans that RUN that society, not some amorphous concept like "life." The government therefore, being the head of this society, has an obligation to see that society is not forcing injustice on people, and not forcing unfairness on people. If such unfairness should happen to occur, the government has the obligation to fight it.

The problem with your argument is two-fold. If you blame society for holding people down, why on Earth would you want to put the power to mend the transgression to the "head of society" when society is the one causing the problem to begin with? Secondly, in order to uplift certain groups, its unavoidable that the government will have to exploit other groups to do so. How is that fair? It may not be fair that some people inherited family fortunes and you and I (I presume) did not, but the government stealing that persons money and giving it to us isn't any more fair.

Oh, so what caused the problem should not fix it? Who should then? You inheriting fortunes is not an unfairness caused by society necessary to be fixed by the government. You making fortunes through paying your workers far below what they deserve and what they need to make a decent living, is however, the level of unfairness I speak of. Making people who barely have enough money to afford a working car pay the same amount of taxes as a corporate tycoon is the level of unfairness I speak of. Blocking people from a shot at surviving in society simply because of their race is the level of unfairness I speak of.

And lets be clear, its not always the head of society the causes society's inequities...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 9:40:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/27/2011 9:33:07 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

3. Abraham Lincoln for declaring war on a peaceful nation and for freeing the slaves.

[facepalm]

The Confederacy basically made the north declare war on them. Ft. Sumpter was besieged--is that "peaceful?" Shots were fired, cannonballs flung. Tell me, how can you NOT declare war on a nation that is doing that to a fort that is being fired upon?