Jump to topic:

Death of the Liberal Class

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 8:12:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was recently reading "Death of the Liberal Class" which pretty much stated that the original intentions of the liberal class and its pillars: the media, liberal religious institutions, universities, labor unions, and the Democratic Party have all been hijacked by the corporate elite into brainwashing the liberal class as to promote unfettered capitalism, endless war, and turn their back on "inverted totalitarianism".

Thoughts?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:40:47 PM
At 12/31/2011 8:12:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I was recently reading "Death of the Liberal Class" which pretty much stated that the original intentions of the liberal class and its pillars: the media, liberal religious institutions, universities, labor unions, and the Democratic Party have all been hijacked by the corporate elite into brainwashing the liberal class as to promote unfettered capitalism, endless war, and turn their back on "inverted totalitarianism".

Thoughts?

Feels good to live in Australia.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:43:13 PM
At 12/31/2011 10:40:47 PM, Physik wrote:

Thoughts?

tradesies?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 11:28:38 PM

Thoughts?

In all seriousness though, you need to regulate those corporations...

When I first heard about Corporate Personhood I honestly thought it was a joke.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 11:39:20 PM
At 12/31/2011 11:28:38 PM, Physik wrote:

Thoughts?

lol you and liberals see the same problem as we conservatives, people abuse the system. But you fail to recognize the question, what allows them to do it?

This:

Out tax code has HUNDREDS of regulations you wan't to regulate and has regulaitions you wish to use. But they have failed it is the loopholes in the tax system, and the regulations. If you drop regulation competition starts so they cannot abuse anyone because their focused about beating their opponent. Like wallmart and newly target. So according to basic economics if you relive regulation then the market is more fair and less abusive.

So you support failed regulations that decrease competition and actually make it easier to meld the system.

I support basic economics that was proven my milton freidman and other economists. I like systems that work, not ones that have been proven to fail.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 12:07:56 AM
At 12/31/2011 11:39:20 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Thoughts?

lol you and liberals see the same problem as we conservatives, people abuse the system. But you fail to recognize the question, what allows them to do it?

This:

Out tax code has HUNDREDS of regulations you wan't to regulate and has regulaitions you wish to use. But they have failed it is the loopholes in the tax system, and the regulations. If you drop regulation competition starts so they cannot abuse anyone because their focused about beating their opponent. Like wallmart and newly target. So according to basic economics if you relive regulation then the market is more fair and less abusive.

So you support failed regulations that decrease competition and actually make it easier to meld the system.

I support basic economics that was proven my milton freidman and other economists. I like systems that work, not ones that have been proven to fail.

But your system isn't working, because corporations have a stranglehold on your government, which means that the government is acting in the best interests of corporations, not the people.

There are plenty of countries with systems that work and do not allow corporations to control the government.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 12:20:45 AM
At 1/1/2012 12:07:56 AM, Physik wrote:
At 12/31/2011 11:39:20 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Thoughts?

This:

But your system isn't working, because corporations have a stranglehold on your government, which means that the government is acting in the best interests of corporations, not the people.

There are plenty of countries with systems that work and do not allow corporations to control the government.

This is exactly what this book was discussing. The corporate elite have taken over the liberal party and transformed it from a party with the key principles of:
-Individualism
-Egalitarianism
-Universalism
-Meliorism
To what we have today....

I don't agree with him, but it is definitely interesting.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."