Total Posts:85|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How Can True Liberals Still Support Obama?

jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:41:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I literally don't understand how liberals could still support Obama, or even not absolutely hate him. Is it not painfully obvious how similar his Presidency has been to that of his predecessor? He's GWB on steroids. He's broken tons of promises that he made on the campaign trail and continued the vast majority of Bush administration policies that liberals literally rallied and protested against from '01-'08. So here's the liberal case against Barack Obama:

Obama clearly lied about ending the Iraq war as soon as possible (only being forced to do it now through an exit process that Bush started and essentially being kicked out)? The troops are coming home now, but on the '07 campaign trail he said if all the troops weren't home by the time he assumed office, it would be the FIRST thing he would do! And he escalated the troops in Afghanistan, where US casualties there are now five times greater than they were under Bush.

Any generally anti-war, liberal-leaning individual would have opposed the Libyan war if Bush had started it. Another war against a country that did not threaten or attack us and with a leader that we were very friendly with only a few years earlier. (Even after the War On Terrorism had begun, Bush declared Gaddafi one of our strongest anti-terrorism allies. I recently saw a picture of Obama shaking Gaddafi's hand in 2009. Then suddenly he's a genocidal maniac who must be taken down at all costs?) Obama used the same justifications as Bush did for his wars, ones that he spoke out against before getting elected, of course.

We still have over 900 military bases in over 100 different countries. Obama didn't even bother doing anything about that or acknowledging the fact that they exist. In fact, military spending has increased from $616 billion under Bush in 2008 to $768 billion in 2011.

Obama also appears to be a fan of drone warfare, something liberals should no doubt oppose on principle, and no doubt would have under Bush - he has drastically increased the amount of drone bombings in Yemen, Somalia, and Pakistan. It's safe to say that there's very little to differentiate Obama's foreign policy from that of his predecessor. If anything the case can be made that his foreign policy is worse for liberals/progressives/anyone who is generally anti-war. And considering the anti-war movement has played such an important role in shaping modern liberalism, that shouldn't be easily dismissed.

Obama talked about how messed up the current drug laws are before getting elected. But literally nothing about the immoral, wasteful, and failed War On Drugs has changed from Bush to Obama. Nothing, zero, zilch.

Obama promised on the campaign trail to close Guantanamo Bay, something almost all liberals would probably agree with. That never happened. Obama promised to end the Bush tax cuts. That also never happened. Obama promised to eliminate income taxation for seniors making less than $50,000 a year. That never happened.

Obama did nothing about opposing the ironically unpatriotic Patriot Act - he even voted for it as a Senator - which I'd say almost all good liberals oppose, or at least should. The Patriot Act is the blatantly unconstitutional destruction of the 4th amendment and is used by the government to spy on Americans citizens. The government doesn't even need a warrant to do so. They can demand your internet provider give them information about you and then forbid the provider from telling anyone it ever happened. This unconstitutional act remains the same as it was under Bush.

Obama ordered the assassination of American citizen and suspected al Qaeda affiliate Anwar al-Awlaki without the trial that he's entitled to no matter how much of an awful human being he was. The administration didn't even bothering defining al-Awlaki's crimes. (He would later order the assassination of al-Awlaki's 16 year old son as well.)

And just a few days ago, Obama signed into law the NDAA which labels the entire world, even America, as a battlefield and allows the government to indefinitely detain American citizens, without due process.

Need anything more be said? This guy is clearly just another lying, flip-flopping politician who didn't change anything of significance. The only substantial difference between him and his predecessor is the political party he belongs to.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 5:32:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
True liberals, as is in classic liberals, are more closely affiliated with the ideology of the conservative party, not Democratic Party.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 10:27:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 5:32:02 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
True liberals, as is in classic liberals, are more closely affiliated with the ideology of the conservative party, not Democratic Party.

Obviously he means true liberals in the meaning it has today.

Also, nice picture. Wear your authoritarianism with pride (or get shot by the government)!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 10:37:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You could also ask the question;

If Obama is so much like Bush why don't Republicans love him?

Are you saying that what the wacky conservatives are offering in terms of presidential candidates is better?
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:34:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 10:37:31 AM, Rasheed wrote:
You could also ask the question;

If Obama is so much like Bush why don't Republicans love him?

Are you saying that what the wacky conservatives are offering in terms of presidential candidates is better?

No doubt they are better.
Smaller government spending
Social authoritarianism
Repealing ObamaCare
Going on the aggressive with terrorists
Laissez-faire style economics
I could go on...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:38:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:41:23 AM, jat93 wrote:
I literally don't understand how liberals could still support Obama, or even not absolutely hate him. Is it not painfully obvious how similar his Presidency has been to that of his predecessor? He's GWB on steroids. He's broken tons of promises that he made on the campaign trail and continued the vast majority of Bush administration policies that liberals literally rallied and protested against from '01-'08. So here's the liberal case against Barack Obama:

Obama clearly lied about ending the Iraq war as soon as possible (only being forced to do it now through an exit process that Bush started and essentially being kicked out)? The troops are coming home now, but on the '07 campaign trail he said if all the troops weren't home by the time he assumed office, it would be the FIRST thing he would do! And he escalated the troops in Afghanistan, where US casualties there are now five times greater than they were under Bush.

Any generally anti-war, liberal-leaning individual would have opposed the Libyan war if Bush had started it. Another war against a country that did not threaten or attack us and with a leader that we were very friendly with only a few years earlier. (Even after the War On Terrorism had begun, Bush declared Gaddafi one of our strongest anti-terrorism allies. I recently saw a picture of Obama shaking Gaddafi's hand in 2009. Then suddenly he's a genocidal maniac who must be taken down at all costs?) Obama used the same justifications as Bush did for his wars, ones that he spoke out against before getting elected, of course.

We still have over 900 military bases in over 100 different countries. Obama didn't even bother doing anything about that or acknowledging the fact that they exist. In fact, military spending has increased from $616 billion under Bush in 2008 to $768 billion in 2011.

Obama also appears to be a fan of drone warfare, something liberals should no doubt oppose on principle, and no doubt would have under Bush - he has drastically increased the amount of drone bombings in Yemen, Somalia, and Pakistan. It's safe to say that there's very little to differentiate Obama's foreign policy from that of his predecessor. If anything the case can be made that his foreign policy is worse for liberals/progressives/anyone who is generally anti-war. And considering the anti-war movement has played such an important role in shaping modern liberalism, that shouldn't be easily dismissed.

Obama talked about how messed up the current drug laws are before getting elected. But literally nothing about the immoral, wasteful, and failed War On Drugs has changed from Bush to Obama. Nothing, zero, zilch.

Obama promised on the campaign trail to close Guantanamo Bay, something almost all liberals would probably agree with. That never happened. Obama promised to end the Bush tax cuts. That also never happened. Obama promised to eliminate income taxation for seniors making less than $50,000 a year. That never happened.

Obama did nothing about opposing the ironically unpatriotic Patriot Act - he even voted for it as a Senator - which I'd say almost all good liberals oppose, or at least should. The Patriot Act is the blatantly unconstitutional destruction of the 4th amendment and is used by the government to spy on Americans citizens. The government doesn't even need a warrant to do so. They can demand your internet provider give them information about you and then forbid the provider from telling anyone it ever happened. This unconstitutional act remains the same as it was under Bush.

Obama ordered the assassination of American citizen and suspected al Qaeda affiliate Anwar al-Awlaki without the trial that he's entitled to no matter how much of an awful human being he was. The administration didn't even bothering defining al-Awlaki's crimes. (He would later order the assassination of al-Awlaki's 16 year old son as well.)

And just a few days ago, Obama signed into law the NDAA which labels the entire world, even America, as a battlefield and allows the government to indefinitely detain American citizens, without due process.

Need anything more be said? This guy is clearly just another lying, flip-flopping politician who didn't change anything of significance. The only substantial difference between him and his predecessor is the political party he belongs to.

What do you propose on doing come November then good sir? Vote for him anyways? Not vote? Vote for *gasp* a Republican?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:40:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 10:37:31 AM, Rasheed wrote:
If Obama is so much like Bush why don't Republicans love him?

Bingo.

@ OP - Barack is painfully moderate. He doesn't understand how politics works. He doesn't accomplish much. He tries too hard to be bipartisan and please everybody whereas GWB was just like, "Fvck you - I'm a backwards, dumb, redneck conservative and I don't care who doesn't like whatever bullsh!t I pull." Obama doesn't understand or involve himself (it seems) in the cut throat business of politics. He doesn't do much behind the scenes, making back room secret deals and bullying/ pressuring/ threatening people. He's just very ineffective. Hillary would have been a MUCH better candidate for Liberals. But for the record, I voted for neither.
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:44:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 11:40:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 10:37:31 AM, Rasheed wrote:
If Obama is so much like Bush why don't Republicans love him?

Bingo.

@ OP - Barack is painfully moderate. He doesn't understand how politics works. He doesn't accomplish much. He tries too hard to be bipartisan and please everybody whereas GWB was just like, "Fvck you - I'm a backwards, dumb, redneck conservative and I don't care who doesn't like whatever bullsh!t I pull." Obama doesn't understand or involve himself (it seems) in the cut throat business of politics. He doesn't do much behind the scenes, making back room secret deals and bullying/ pressuring/ threatening people. He's just very ineffective. Hillary would have been a MUCH better candidate for Liberals. But for the record, I voted for neither.

This stems from the fact that he has 0 experience in the field of politics. He was a Senator for a very brief period of time, thats it. The President is an executive position meaning you have to actually lead something... which obviously he is clueless about.

Even I say Hillary would have been a ton better for the Democratic ticket.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:50:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 11:44:09 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/2/2012 11:40:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 10:37:31 AM, Rasheed wrote:
If Obama is so much like Bush why don't Republicans love him?

Bingo.

@ OP - Barack is painfully moderate. He doesn't understand how politics works. He doesn't accomplish much. He tries too hard to be bipartisan and please everybody whereas GWB was just like, "Fvck you - I'm a backwards, dumb, redneck conservative and I don't care who doesn't like whatever bullsh!t I pull." Obama doesn't understand or involve himself (it seems) in the cut throat business of politics. He doesn't do much behind the scenes, making back room secret deals and bullying/ pressuring/ threatening people. He's just very ineffective. Hillary would have been a MUCH better candidate for Liberals. But for the record, I voted for neither.

This stems from the fact that he has 0 experience in the field of politics. He was a Senator for a very brief period of time, thats it. The President is an executive position meaning you have to actually lead something... which obviously he is clueless about.

Even I say Hillary would have been a ton better for the Democratic ticket.

Hillary would not have won the election. It's the sad truth, but the country wasn't ready for a female President in a time of critical recession. There is no way that she would have been elected. THe only experience that Obama had was being a community organizer. He has never actually led anything close to a country before. He was destined to fail from the moment he stepped into office.
Also, the only reason he won is because he was black.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 11:54:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 11:50:34 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 11:44:09 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/2/2012 11:40:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 10:37:31 AM, Rasheed wrote:
If Obama is so much like Bush why don't Republicans love him?

Bingo.

@ OP - Barack is painfully moderate. He doesn't understand how politics works. He doesn't accomplish much. He tries too hard to be bipartisan and please everybody whereas GWB was just like, "Fvck you - I'm a backwards, dumb, redneck conservative and I don't care who doesn't like whatever bullsh!t I pull." Obama doesn't understand or involve himself (it seems) in the cut throat business of politics. He doesn't do much behind the scenes, making back room secret deals and bullying/ pressuring/ threatening people. He's just very ineffective. Hillary would have been a MUCH better candidate for Liberals. But for the record, I voted for neither.

This stems from the fact that he has 0 experience in the field of politics. He was a Senator for a very brief period of time, thats it. The President is an executive position meaning you have to actually lead something... which obviously he is clueless about.

Even I say Hillary would have been a ton better for the Democratic ticket.

Hillary would not have won the election. It's the sad truth, but the country wasn't ready for a female President in a time of critical recession. There is no way that she would have been elected. THe only experience that Obama had was being a community organizer. He has never actually led anything close to a country before. He was destined to fail from the moment he stepped into office.
Also, the only reason he won is because he was black.

I know this is gonna probably cause a ruckus but yes I agree, if the man was white he would have been laughed out of the Democratic convention not to mention the election.
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:15:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
No, if he were white he would have won by an even bigger landslide.

If he were white and killed Bin Laden you would have hailed him as the second coming of Christ.

If he were white Rush Limbaugh would not be singing "Obama the magic negro" on his crazy show.

If he were white the tea party would not be so opposed to everything he proposed.

If he were white and killed as many terrorists, saved the economy from the republican finanical mess, and saved the auto industry, you would be a Democrat.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:21:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Right... he saved the economy
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:15:57 PM, Rasheed wrote:
No, if he were white he would have won by an even bigger landslide.

If he were white and killed Bin Laden you would have hailed him as the second coming of Christ.

If he were white Rush Limbaugh would not be singing "Obama the magic negro" on his crazy show.

If he were white the tea party would not be so opposed to everything he proposed.

If he were white and killed as many terrorists, saved the economy from the republican finanical mess, and saved the auto industry, you would be a Democrat.

Obama received approximately 100% of the black vote. There were millions of blacks who usually don't vote, but came out to vote for Obama. If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:26:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:21:25 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Right... he saved the economy

yeah I like sarcasm unemployment now: 8.6%
under bush: 7%
current debt: 15 trillion
under bush: 6 trillion

Yeah they both are bad but I am pro bush because he is better than obama
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:31:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:15:57 PM, Rasheed wrote:
No, if he were white he would have won by an even bigger landslide.

If he were white and killed Bin Laden you would have hailed him as the second coming of Christ.

If he were white Rush Limbaugh would not be singing "Obama the magic negro" on his crazy show.

If he were white the tea party would not be so opposed to everything he proposed.

If he were white and killed as many terrorists, saved the economy from the republican finanical mess, and saved the auto industry, you would be a Democrat.

He didn't kill Bin Laden until after he was elected. If he was white he wouldn't have been elected and therefore couldn't have killed Bin Laden if he was white.

Anyways, there was also a ton of white guilt that caused moderates to vote for him.

Also Rush Limbaugh is brilliant.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:33:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://factcheck.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:37:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.

And this is because they recieve Democrat funded hand outs on a daily basis... (exaggeration for emphasis)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:54:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.

Yes, blacks do. But many blacks don't vote. They did when Obama ran.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 12:57:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 11:50:34 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Hillary would not have won the election.

I said she would have made a better (more effective) President. I didn't say anything about her likelihood of winning the election. I knew from the get-go that the U.S. was far more ready for a black president than a female president.

Also, the only reason he won is because he was black.

Not true at all. Debate me on it if you really feel that way. Otherwise...?
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:03:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:57:56 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 11:50:34 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Hillary would not have won the election.

I said she would have made a better (more effective) President. I didn't say anything about her likelihood of winning the election. I knew from the get-go that the U.S. was far more ready for a black president than a female president.

Also, the only reason he won is because he was black.

Not true at all. Debate me on it if you really feel that way. Otherwise...?

Is that your standard response for everything? I have no desire to formally debate it, but we can discuss it here.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:06:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:15:57 PM, Rasheed wrote:
No, if he were white he would have won by an even bigger landslide.

If he were white and killed Bin Laden you would have hailed him as the second coming of Christ.

If he were white Rush Limbaugh would not be singing "Obama the magic negro" on his crazy show.

If he were white the tea party would not be so opposed to everything he proposed.

If he were white and killed as many terrorists, saved the economy from the republican finanical mess, and saved the auto industry, you would be a Democrat.

Obama received approximately 100% of the black vote. There were millions of blacks who usually don't vote, but came out to vote for Obama. If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

I hear this all the time but did you know that the overwhelming majority of Catholics voted for John F. Kennedy? Ask yourself why.

Black people have been voting for white presidents sense we won the right to vote, and you begrudge us the chance to vote for a viable black candidate?

Or are you contending that black people will vote for any candidate that is black?

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Herman Cain, and Allen keyes would be surprised to hear that.

I challenge you to find any minority in the United States that would not overwhelming support one of their own if they had a chance to put one of their own in the Oval Office.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:07:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:54:35 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.

Yes, blacks do. But many blacks don't vote. They did when Obama ran.

Do you have a problem when people in a "democracy" vote?

African Americans account for 10% of the population, and most African Americans, let alone most Americans, did not vote in the election, so he did not win just becuase "he is black." In addition, there were plenty of Caucasians who voted for McCain just because he is Caucasian and/or just because Obama is not Caucasian.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:07:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:06:18 PM, Rasheed wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:15:57 PM, Rasheed wrote:
No, if he were white he would have won by an even bigger landslide.

If he were white and killed Bin Laden you would have hailed him as the second coming of Christ.

If he were white Rush Limbaugh would not be singing "Obama the magic negro" on his crazy show.

If he were white the tea party would not be so opposed to everything he proposed.

If he were white and killed as many terrorists, saved the economy from the republican finanical mess, and saved the auto industry, you would be a Democrat.

Obama received approximately 100% of the black vote. There were millions of blacks who usually don't vote, but came out to vote for Obama. If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

I hear this all the time but did you know that the overwhelming majority of Catholics voted for John F. Kennedy? Ask yourself why.

Black people have been voting for white presidents sense we won the right to vote, and you begrudge us the chance to vote for a viable black candidate?

Or are you contending that black people will vote for any candidate that is black?

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Herman Cain, and Allen keyes would be surprised to hear that.

I challenge you to find any minority in the United States that would not overwhelming support one of their own if they had a chance to put one of their own in the Oval Office.

I never said that any minority wouldn't support their own to put one in the Oval Office. I was merely noting the fact that he won because he was black, not because he had any considerable political experience.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:10:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:37:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
And this is because they recieve Democrat funded hand outs on a daily basis... (exaggeration for emphasis)

Yeah, the Dems buy them off.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:12:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:10:05 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:37:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
And this is because they recieve Democrat funded hand outs on a daily basis... (exaggeration for emphasis)

Yeah, the Dems buy them off.

Blacks are still the overwhelming majority who are in the lower socio-economic classes. The Democrats like giving useless welfare and social programs to lower socio-economic classes. Hence, blacks liking Democrats.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:14:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 12:37:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.

And this is because they recieve Democrat funded hand outs on a daily basis... (exaggeration for emphasis)

Not true at all, we overwhelmingly vote Democratic party because the republican party is home to racists, sexists, and homophobes. When you look at a republican gathering you don't see a multiracial crowd, you see a throng that would do the Klan proud.

Black people ran away from the republican party after they embraced racial segregation during the 1960's with the Southern strategy, and it is still a mostly white, Southern, uneducated (liberals and Democrats have higher educations), and bigoted party that rejects all forms of science.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:23:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:03:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Is that your standard response for everything? I have no desire to formally debate it, but we can discuss it here.

Yeah, usually... because we're on a website called debate.org, which is programmed to allow for structured debates. Forum discussions (a) usually just result in a lot of ad homs, (b) are derailed - usually because a ton of other people chime in, (c) are ugly and non-structured; I hate the quoting features. But yeah, I'm not surprised you won't formally debate it. I wouldn't either if I were you.
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:41:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:14:17 PM, Rasheed wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:37:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.

And this is because they recieve Democrat funded hand outs on a daily basis... (exaggeration for emphasis)

Not true at all, we overwhelmingly vote Democratic party because the republican party is home to racists, sexists, and homophobes. When you look at a republican gathering you don't see a multiracial crowd, you see a throng that would do the Klan proud.

Black people ran away from the republican party after they embraced racial segregation during the 1960's with the Southern strategy, and it is still a mostly white, Southern, uneducated (liberals and Democrats have higher educations), and bigoted party that rejects all forms of science.

The Democratic Party has as much racists as the Republican Party. They believe in affirmative action, which is just simply racism. Also, blacks are, on average lower socio-economically than other races.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 1:48:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:41:41 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:14:17 PM, Rasheed wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:37:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:33:08 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/2/2012 12:23:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
If he were white, he would have been lucky to receive 10% of the vote.

That's not true at all. Blacks almost always vote Democrat.

And this is because they recieve Democrat funded hand outs on a daily basis... (exaggeration for emphasis)

Not true at all, we overwhelmingly vote Democratic party because the republican party is home to racists, sexists, and homophobes. When you look at a republican gathering you don't see a multiracial crowd, you see a throng that would do the Klan proud.

Black people ran away from the republican party after they embraced racial segregation during the 1960's with the Southern strategy, and it is still a mostly white, Southern, uneducated (liberals and Democrats have higher educations), and bigoted party that rejects all forms of science.

The Democratic Party has as much racists as the Republican Party. They believe in affirmative action, which is just simply racism. Also, blacks are, on average lower socio-economically than other races.

LK, go attend an under-funded, under-staffed, and over-attended high school that has very few graduates and then tell me that affirmative action is racism.