Total Posts:78|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why are Conservatives so intolerant?

Cleopatra
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:45:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Conservatives, who claim to believe in limited government, seem to want to use it to limit the rights of people who do not share their worldview. They want to limit the rights of gays, Muslims (forget freedom of Religion for this group), the poor and elderly to vote (they claim voter fraud that doesn't exist, but they know that this group tends to be Democratic), abortion, even in the case of rape and incest, and Unions rights to collectively bargain.

Conservatives seem to think that the only people who are true Americans are white, Anglo Saxon Protestant (sorry Mormons), heterosexual Christians. Other groups (Blacks and Hispanics primarily) are dragging the country down, never mind that they serve in the military at higher rates than other groups.

Why are Conservatives so intolerant of others?
I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."
-Harriet Tubman-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:53:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What are you talking about? Proof please.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:55:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:45:09 PM, Cleopatra wrote:
Conservatives, who claim to believe in limited government, seem to want to use it to limit the rights of people who do not share their worldview. They want to limit the rights of gays,
Gays have all the rights as everybody else.
Muslims (forget freedom of Religion for this group),
We don't want to limit their religion. We recognize that they sometimes pose a greater threat to society and precautions must be taken.
the poor and elderly to vote (they claim voter fraud that doesn't exist, but they know that this group tends to be Democratic),
Um... How?
abortion,
Abortion is a HIGHLY controversial issue. I would much rather limit the rights of the woman than kill the child.
even in the case of rape and incest,
No.
and Unions rights to collectively bargain.
Because unions are a detriment to society.
Conservatives seem to think that the only people who are true Americans are white, Anglo Saxon Protestant (sorry Mormons), heterosexual Christians. Other groups (Blacks and Hispanics primarily) are dragging the country down, never mind that they serve in the military at higher rates than other groups.
Proof?
Why are Conservatives so intolerant of others?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:04:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:53:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
What are you talking about? Proof please.

Usually you're proud of your intolerance. Now that its used in a very negative connotation you flip and deny it. wow.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:05:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:55:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:45:09 PM, Cleopatra wrote:
Conservatives, who claim to believe in limited government, seem to want to use it to limit the rights of people who do not share their worldview. They want to limit the rights of gays,
Gays have all the rights as everybody else.

The recognition of same-sex unions/marriages varies from state to state. Regardless, the question was what Conservatives want, not what is actually the case.

As a conservative, do you believe that Homosexuals should be allowed to:
Marry each other?
Adopt children?
Openly serve in the military?

Do you believe the law should be in alignment with your views if any of them are "No?"

Muslims (forget freedom of Religion for this group),
We don't want to limit their religion. We recognize that they sometimes pose a greater threat to society and precautions must be taken.

The same can be said for any group. Why single out Muslims?

the poor and elderly to vote (they claim voter fraud that doesn't exist, but they know that this group tends to be Democratic),
Um... How?
abortion,
Abortion is a HIGHLY controversial issue. I would much rather limit the rights of the woman than kill the child.

It isn't a child.

even in the case of rape and incest,
No.
and Unions rights to collectively bargain.
Because unions are a detriment to society.
Conservatives seem to think that the only people who are true Americans are white, Anglo Saxon Protestant (sorry Mormons), heterosexual Christians. Other groups (Blacks and Hispanics primarily) are dragging the country down, never mind that they serve in the military at higher rates than other groups.
Proof?

Well, she said it. So I think we can take her word that that's how it seems to her.

Why are Conservatives so intolerant of others?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:09:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:05:45 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:55:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:45:09 PM, Cleopatra wrote:
Conservatives, who claim to believe in limited government, seem to want to use it to limit the rights of people who do not share their worldview. They want to limit the rights of gays,
Gays have all the rights as everybody else.

The recognition of same-sex unions/marriages varies from state to state. Regardless, the question was what Conservatives want, not what is actually the case.

As a conservative, do you believe that Homosexuals should be allowed to:
Marry each other? No.
Adopt children? No.
Openly serve in the military? No.
The OP was bringing up the point that conservatives deny homosexual rights. None of the above are technically rights, so you aren't denying them the right.
Do you believe the law should be in alignment with your views if any of them are "No?"

Muslims (forget freedom of Religion for this group),
We don't want to limit their religion. We recognize that they sometimes pose a greater threat to society and precautions must be taken.

The same can be said for any group. Why single out Muslims?
9/11
Middle East
the poor and elderly to vote (they claim voter fraud that doesn't exist, but they know that this group tends to be Democratic),
Um... How?
abortion,
Abortion is a HIGHLY controversial issue. I would much rather limit the rights of the woman than kill the child.

It isn't a child.
That's your opinion.
even in the case of rape and incest,
No.
and Unions rights to collectively bargain.
Because unions are a detriment to society.
Conservatives seem to think that the only people who are true Americans are white, Anglo Saxon Protestant (sorry Mormons), heterosexual Christians. Other groups (Blacks and Hispanics primarily) are dragging the country down, never mind that they serve in the military at higher rates than other groups.
Proof?

Well, she said it. So I think we can take her word that that's how it seems to her.

Why are Conservatives so intolerant of others?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:12:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:04:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:53:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
What are you talking about? Proof please.

Usually you're proud of your intolerance. Now that its used in a very negative connotation you flip and deny it. wow.

OMG AMAZING RIGHT!!??
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:15:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:09:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:05:45 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:55:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:45:09 PM, Cleopatra wrote:
Conservatives, who claim to believe in limited government, seem to want to use it to limit the rights of people who do not share their worldview. They want to limit the rights of gays,
Gays have all the rights as everybody else.

The recognition of same-sex unions/marriages varies from state to state. Regardless, the question was what Conservatives want, not what is actually the case.

As a conservative, do you believe that Homosexuals should be allowed to:
Marry each other? No.
Adopt children? No.
Openly serve in the military? No.
The OP was bringing up the point that conservatives deny homosexual rights. None of the above are technically rights, so you aren't denying them the right.

Uhm. Yeah, they are rights.

Do you believe the law should be in alignment with your views if any of them are "No?"

Muslims (forget freedom of Religion for this group),
We don't want to limit their religion. We recognize that they sometimes pose a greater threat to society and precautions must be taken.

The same can be said for any group. Why single out Muslims?
9/11

Ok. So we should single out Christians because of the Oklahoma City Bombing, right?

Middle East

What about it?

the poor and elderly to vote (they claim voter fraud that doesn't exist, but they know that this group tends to be Democratic),
Um... How?
abortion,
Abortion is a HIGHLY controversial issue. I would much rather limit the rights of the woman than kill the child.

It isn't a child.
That's your opinion.

Not really. I mean, thanks for granting me the supreme ability to define words, but I don't have it.

even in the case of rape and incest,
No.
and Unions rights to collectively bargain.
Because unions are a detriment to society.
Conservatives seem to think that the only people who are true Americans are white, Anglo Saxon Protestant (sorry Mormons), heterosexual Christians. Other groups (Blacks and Hispanics primarily) are dragging the country down, never mind that they serve in the military at higher rates than other groups.
Proof?

Well, she said it. So I think we can take her word that that's how it seems to her.

Why are Conservatives so intolerant of others?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:15:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And I seriously don't get why conservatives blame a 1billion strong religionfor the atrocities committed my 19 lunatics. Not only is there strong reason to believe that their religion had a minimal role (or at least a smaller role than their socio-political reasons), but how does this reflect negatively on Muslims who in no way support acts of terrorism? I don't really see a difference between 9/11's relationship to Islam as any different than a Christian's relationship to someone who kills an abortion clinic doctor. The person may have been religiously motivated but that says absolutely nothing of the beliefs of hundreds of millions of other people.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:19:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.

Nothing conservative about that. If you really support a free market you'd be against government breaking up or regulating unions, regulation of immigration, or protectionist economic policies like militarily protecting economic interests across the world. Nome of these things reflect free market principles and just make it's supporters look bad since opponents of capitalism inevitably compare people like me to people like you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:19:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:15:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
And I seriously don't get why conservatives blame a 1billion strong religionfor the atrocities committed my 19 lunatics. Not only is there strong reason to believe that their religion had a minimal role (or at least a smaller role than their socio-political reasons), but how does this reflect negatively on Muslims who in no way support acts of terrorism? I don't really see a difference between 9/11's relationship to Islam as any different than a Christian's relationship to someone who kills an abortion clinic doctor. The person may have been religiously motivated but that says absolutely nothing of the beliefs of hundreds of millions of other people.

The reason is because Muslim religion directly promotes these atrocities of religious intolerance and murdering of other religions. It promotes Jihadism which is responsible for hundreds of foiled and successful terror plots all over the world perpetrated by these religious lunatics. I "blame" Muslims for the 9/11 attacks because their religion directly influenced them and might influence it again.
Christianity, although also highly violent, has not in recent society been highly active in many terror plots.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:21:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:19:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.

Nothing conservative about that. If you really support a free market you'd be against government breaking up or regulating unions, regulation of immigration, or protectionist economic policies like militarily protecting economic interests across the world. Nome of these things reflect free market principles and just make it's supporters look bad since opponents of capitalism inevitably compare people like me to people like you.

I never said that I wholeheartedly support every aspect of the free market.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:22:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:19:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:15:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
And I seriously don't get why conservatives blame a 1billion strong religionfor the atrocities committed my 19 lunatics. Not only is there strong reason to believe that their religion had a minimal role (or at least a smaller role than their socio-political reasons), but how does this reflect negatively on Muslims who in no way support acts of terrorism? I don't really see a difference between 9/11's relationship to Islam as any different than a Christian's relationship to someone who kills an abortion clinic doctor. The person may have been religiously motivated but that says absolutely nothing of the beliefs of hundreds of millions of other people.

The reason is because Muslim religion directly promotes these atrocities of religious intolerance and murdering of other religions. It promotes Jihadism which is responsible for hundreds of foiled and successful terror plots all over the world perpetrated by these religious lunatics. I "blame" Muslims for the 9/11 attacks because their religion directly influenced them and might influence it again.
Christianity, although also highly violent, has not in recent society been highly active in many terror plots.

Killin of abortion clinicians much? Also there's no evidence to suggest that most Muslims subscribe to that understanding of Islam. if you'd like I would be happy to pull up any of the multiple verses in the Bible prescribing what would e defined today as terrorist action against non-aggressive peoples.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cleopatra
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:25:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:53:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
What are you talking about? Proof please.

Ok, so you want proof because you don't know what I'm talking about. Alright, here it is then;

Liberal view of Same-sex Marriage: Marriage is the union of people who love each other. It should be legal for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals, to ensure equal rights for all. Support same-sex marriage.Opposed to the creation of a constitutional amendment establishing marriage as the union of one man and one woman. All individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation, have the right to marry.Prohibiting same-sex citizens from marrying denies them their civil rights. (Opinions vary on whether this issue is equal to civil rights for African Americans.)

Conservatives Oppose same-sex marriage: Support Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), passed in 1996, which affirms the right of states not to recognize same-sex marriages licensed in other states. Do you disagree?

Why are Republican states passing voter identification laws?

Which party candidates stated that Muslims do not have the right to build Mosques anywhere they wanted and why didn't we see a Conservative outcry (after all, Muslim Americans fight in our military, serve in our intelligence services, and participate in every other function of American society)?
I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."
-Harriet Tubman-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:25:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:22:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:15:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
And I seriously don't get why conservatives blame a 1billion strong religionfor the atrocities committed my 19 lunatics. Not only is there strong reason to believe that their religion had a minimal role (or at least a smaller role than their socio-political reasons), but how does this reflect negatively on Muslims who in no way support acts of terrorism? I don't really see a difference between 9/11's relationship to Islam as any different than a Christian's relationship to someone who kills an abortion clinic doctor. The person may have been religiously motivated but that says absolutely nothing of the beliefs of hundreds of millions of other people.

The reason is because Muslim religion directly promotes these atrocities of religious intolerance and murdering of other religions. It promotes Jihadism which is responsible for hundreds of foiled and successful terror plots all over the world perpetrated by these religious lunatics. I "blame" Muslims for the 9/11 attacks because their religion directly influenced them and might influence it again.
Christianity, although also highly violent, has not in recent society been highly active in many terror plots.

Killin of abortion clinicians much? Also there's no evidence to suggest that most Muslims subscribe to that understanding of Islam. if you'd like I would be happy to pull up any of the multiple verses in the Bible prescribing what would e defined today as terrorist action against non-aggressive peoples.

Compare the number of deaths of abortion clinicians to Jihadists terror plots. I never said that all Muslims do subscribe to it, but since it is in the Koran, it is inevitable that some do and some will eventually subscribe to it.

Also, I never said that Christianity is not a violent religion. It is. The point is that recently, Islam's violence has superseded Christianity's violence.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:26:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.

Nothing conservative about that. If you really support a free market you'd be against government breaking up or regulating unions, regulation of immigration, or protectionist economic policies like militarily protecting economic interests across the world. Nome of these things reflect free market principles and just make it's supporters look bad since opponents of capitalism inevitably compare people like me to people like you.

I never said that I wholeheartedly support every aspect of the free market.

So you don't believe in free markets and you don't believe in limited government? What reason in all of the world do you find for calling yourself a conservative? Seriously bro youre a fccking fascist. Just ge out ofthe closet. It'll make you feel a lot better.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:27:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:25:35 PM, Cleopatra wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:53:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
What are you talking about? Proof please.

Ok, so you want proof because you don't know what I'm talking about. Alright, here it is then;

Liberal view of Same-sex Marriage: Marriage is the union of people who love each other. It should be legal for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals, to ensure equal rights for all. Support same-sex marriage.Opposed to the creation of a constitutional amendment establishing marriage as the union of one man and one woman. All individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation, have the right to marry.Prohibiting same-sex citizens from marrying denies them their civil rights. (Opinions vary on whether this issue is equal to civil rights for African Americans.)

Conservatives Oppose same-sex marriage: Support Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), passed in 1996, which affirms the right of states not to recognize same-sex marriages licensed in other states. Do you disagree?
MARRIAGE IS NOT A RIGHT!!!!!!!
Why are Republican states passing voter identification laws?
To help eliminate vote fraud and provide a just society. You liberals should be all over that.
Which party candidates stated that Muslims do not have the right to build Mosques anywhere they wanted and why didn't we see a Conservative outcry (after all, Muslim Americans fight in our military, serve in our intelligence services, and participate in every other function of American society)?

1. Building a Mosque there is disrespectful to the families of the dead.
2. Refer to what I said about Jihadism.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
shift4101
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:27:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:05:45 PM, drafterman wrote:

It isn't a child.

Yes, it is. The debate isn't about the legitimacy of the fetus, it is mostly opinion.

Is maintaining the life of a fetus important enough to force a woman to sacrifice?

I say yes, but liberals say no. We best leave this up to the states.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:28:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:26:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.

Nothing conservative about that. If you really support a free market you'd be against government breaking up or regulating unions, regulation of immigration, or protectionist economic policies like militarily protecting economic interests across the world. Nome of these things reflect free market principles and just make it's supporters look bad since opponents of capitalism inevitably compare people like me to people like you.

I never said that I wholeheartedly support every aspect of the free market.

So you don't believe in free markets and you don't believe in limited government? What reason in all of the world do you find for calling yourself a conservative? Seriously bro youre a fccking fascist. Just ge out ofthe closet. It'll make you feel a lot better.

I believe in the free market, to an extent.
I'm a right wing authoritarian.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:29:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:25:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:22:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:15:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
And I seriously don't get why conservatives blame a 1billion strong religionfor the atrocities committed my 19 lunatics. Not only is there strong reason to believe that their religion had a minimal role (or at least a smaller role than their socio-political reasons), but how does this reflect negatively on Muslims who in no way support acts of terrorism? I don't really see a difference between 9/11's relationship to Islam as any different than a Christian's relationship to someone who kills an abortion clinic doctor. The person may have been religiously motivated but that says absolutely nothing of the beliefs of hundreds of millions of other people.

The reason is because Muslim religion directly promotes these atrocities of religious intolerance and murdering of other religions. It promotes Jihadism which is responsible for hundreds of foiled and successful terror plots all over the world perpetrated by these religious lunatics. I "blame" Muslims for the 9/11 attacks because their religion directly influenced them and might influence it again.
Christianity, although also highly violent, has not in recent society been highly active in many terror plots.

Killin of abortion clinicians much? Also there's no evidence to suggest that most Muslims subscribe to that understanding of Islam. if you'd like I would be happy to pull up any of the multiple verses in the Bible prescribing what would e defined today as terrorist action against non-aggressive peoples.

Compare the number of deaths of abortion clinicians to Jihadists terror plots. I never said that all Muslims do subscribe to it, but since it is in the Koran, it is inevitable that some do and some will eventually subscribe to it.

So whoever kills more people has their entire religion discriminated against? Cool story bro. Also remember that the Bible has similar messages so it's inevitable that Christians will follow through with it.

Also, I never said that Christianity is not a violent religion. It is. The point is that recently, Islam's violence has superseded Christianity's violence.

My point is that just because a violent sect exists in a religion, that is no excuse to treat everyone in that religion the same just as the fact that religion has historically been one of the most violent institutions imaginable is not grounds to believe that everyone of every religion is violent even if there are some teachings that people could interpret in certain ways.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:29:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Intolerance isn't limited to conservatives. Try stepping into a sociology course at northeastern liberal arts college and you'll quickly find there's an acceptable range of viewpoints ranging from liberal to marxist. I have no doubt that there's intolerance on both sides of the political spectrum, and in my experience certainly more on the liberal side.
shift4101
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:30:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Although some believe that under the rights of privacy we hold this "right to marry", it isn't the case. No document in our government says anything about a right to marry.

Lets suppose it did say there is a "right to marry". That doesn't mean that any couple is entitled to government recognition. It is simply condemning the behaviors of our racist ancestors who prevented interracial marriages. Government recognition is not a right, it is a privledge.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:31:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:28:19 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:26:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.

Nothing conservative about that. If you really support a free market you'd be against government breaking up or regulating unions, regulation of immigration, or protectionist economic policies like militarily protecting economic interests across the world. Nome of these things reflect free market principles and just make it's supporters look bad since opponents of capitalism inevitably compare people like me to people like you.

I never said that I wholeheartedly support every aspect of the free market.

So you don't believe in free markets and you don't believe in limited government? What reason in all of the world do you find for calling yourself a conservative? Seriously bro youre a fccking fascist. Just ge out ofthe closet. It'll make you feel a lot better.

I believe in the free market, to an extent.
I'm a right wing authoritarian.

Yeah, a fascist. That's right wing authoritarianism.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:29:40 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:25:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:22:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:15:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
And I seriously don't get why conservatives blame a 1billion strong religionfor the atrocities committed my 19 lunatics. Not only is there strong reason to believe that their religion had a minimal role (or at least a smaller role than their socio-political reasons), but how does this reflect negatively on Muslims who in no way support acts of terrorism? I don't really see a difference between 9/11's relationship to Islam as any different than a Christian's relationship to someone who kills an abortion clinic doctor. The person may have been religiously motivated but that says absolutely nothing of the beliefs of hundreds of millions of other people.

The reason is because Muslim religion directly promotes these atrocities of religious intolerance and murdering of other religions. It promotes Jihadism which is responsible for hundreds of foiled and successful terror plots all over the world perpetrated by these religious lunatics. I "blame" Muslims for the 9/11 attacks because their religion directly influenced them and might influence it again.
Christianity, although also highly violent, has not in recent society been highly active in many terror plots.

Killin of abortion clinicians much? Also there's no evidence to suggest that most Muslims subscribe to that understanding of Islam. if you'd like I would be happy to pull up any of the multiple verses in the Bible prescribing what would e defined today as terrorist action against non-aggressive peoples.

Compare the number of deaths of abortion clinicians to Jihadists terror plots. I never said that all Muslims do subscribe to it, but since it is in the Koran, it is inevitable that some do and some will eventually subscribe to it.

So whoever kills more people has their entire religion discriminated against? Cool story bro. Also remember that the Bible has similar messages so it's inevitable that Christians will follow through with it.
Yes, and when they follow through with it, they will get discriminated. That's how it works.
Also, I never said that Christianity is not a violent religion. It is. The point is that recently, Islam's violence has superseded Christianity's violence.

My point is that just because a violent sect exists in a religion, that is no excuse to treat everyone in that religion the same just as the fact that religion has historically been one of the most violent institutions imaginable is not grounds to believe that everyone of every religion is violent even if there are some teachings that people could interpret in certain ways.

You're making it sound as if I want to kill all the Muslims in the world because of their religion. This is not true. I simply want to take some precautions.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:32:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:31:33 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:28:19 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:26:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:21:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:19:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:12:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:10:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:06:46 PM, socialpinko wrote:
The way I see it, most conservative in practice act inconsistently with regards to their limited government, free market rhetoric. They don't oppose government power at all really, they just oppose what isn't their own conception of how that power should be used.

I'm really not saying this because I disagree with what conservatives claim to want. I'm fine with free markets, as limited as possible government (would prefer no government but whatever), I just see Republicans and conservatives as just as hypocritical and supportive of big government as liberals and Democrats.

Well... Personally, I would hardly call republicans to be conservatives. They are moderate slightly leaning right.
Second, I never stated that I'm a true conservative in the classic liberal sense of the word. I support a free market but government intervention in social society.

Nothing conservative about that. If you really support a free market you'd be against government breaking up or regulating unions, regulation of immigration, or protectionist economic policies like militarily protecting economic interests across the world. Nome of these things reflect free market principles and just make it's supporters look bad since opponents of capitalism inevitably compare people like me to people like you.

I never said that I wholeheartedly support every aspect of the free market.

So you don't believe in free markets and you don't believe in limited government? What reason in all of the world do you find for calling yourself a conservative? Seriously bro youre a fccking fascist. Just ge out ofthe closet. It'll make you feel a lot better.

I believe in the free market, to an extent.
I'm a right wing authoritarian.

Yeah, a fascist. That's right wing authoritarianism.

Fascism is left wing authoritarianism.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:40:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:30:39 PM, shift4101 wrote:
Although some believe that under the rights of privacy we hold this "right to marry", it isn't the case. No document in our government says anything about a right to marry.

Lets suppose it did say there is a "right to marry". That doesn't mean that any couple is entitled to government recognition. It is simply condemning the behaviors of our racist ancestors who prevented interracial marriages. Government recognition is not a right, it is a privledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Even if it is a privelege, you have not justified the discrimination that results from giving the privelege to one class of people and denying it to others.