Secession - the Essence of Anarchy

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:56:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lincoln couldn't have been more right.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:01:38 PM
At 1/4/2012 6:00:39 PM, Royaltee wrote:
A group of states wanted to leave a State and form another State and that's anarchy? I don't think so.

you're not thinking big enough. A state secedes, then a town secedes, then I secede my house, then I secede myself from my house, ....see it now?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Royaltee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:05:01 PM
At 1/4/2012 6:01:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
A group of states wanted to leave a State and form another State and that's anarchy? I don't think so.
you're not thinking big enough. A state secedes
To form another state. (statism)
then a town secedes, then I secede my house
To form another town. (statism)
then I secede myself from my house, ....see it now?
Seceding from private property? lol..
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:06:30 PM
At 1/4/2012 6:05:01 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Less statism
no statism. If everyone in the city of new york secede's their homes, what town do you speak of?...
Seceding from private property? lol..
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:07:32 PM
At 1/4/2012 5:56:44 PM, Reasoning wrote:

He was right in the conclusion, too bad he was on the wrong side though.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Royaltee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:08:23 PM
At 1/4/2012 6:06:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Less statism
Less statism is still statism.
no statism. If everyone in the city of new york secede's their homes, what town do you speak of?...
It's nonsensical to say that someone can secede from their homes. Homes are private property. What are you talking about?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:10:10 PM
At 1/4/2012 6:08:23 PM, Royaltee wrote:
At 1/4/2012 6:06:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Less statism
Less statism is still statism.
It's nonsensical to say that someone can secede from their homes. Homes are private property. What are you talking about?

I don't follow. Are you criticizing the use of the word secession or are you denying that a house (the people within it as well) cannot secede from its town? In which case, I ask, why is this impossible?
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:14:11 PM

"It is all the more curious, incidentally, that while laissez-faireists should by the logic of their position, be ardent believers in a single, unified world government, so that no one will live in a state of 'anarchy' in relation to anyone else, they almost never are. And once one concedes that a single world government is not necessary, then where does one logically stop at the permissibility of separate states? If Canada and the United States can be separate nations without being denounced as being in a state of impermissible 'anarchy,' why may not the South secede from the United States? New York State from the Union? New York City from the state? Why may not Manhattan secede? Each neighborhood? Each block? Each house? Each person? But, of course, if each person may secede from government, we have virtually arrived at the purely free society, where defense is supplied along with all other services by the free market and where the invasive State has ceased to exist." - Murray Rothbard
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Royaltee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:21:23 PM
At 1/4/2012 6:14:11 PM, Reasoning wrote:

"It is all the more curious, incidentally, that while laissez-faireists should by the logic of their position, be ardent believers in a single, unified world government, so that no one will live in a state of 'anarchy' in relation to anyone else, they almost never are. And once one concedes that a single world government is not necessary, then where does one logically stop at the permissibility of separate states? If Canada and the United States can be separate nations without being denounced as being in a state of impermissible 'anarchy,' why may not the South secede from the United States? New York State from the Union? New York City from the state? Why may not Manhattan secede? Each neighborhood? Each block? Each house? Each person? But, of course, if each person may secede from government, we have virtually arrived at the purely free society, where defense is supplied along with all other services by the free market and where the invasive State has ceased to exist." - Murray Rothbard

Lincoln and Rothbard have different definitions of anarchy. I agree with Rothbard.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:29:05 PM
States naturally form. You'd be naive to think that the state can ever be permanently erased.

See the anarchy that is already here. The state is not separate from any business or economic institutions. They are all governments, and none, not even the state, are as powerful as people believe.

The state is nothing more than the dim witted muscleman in the room with a bad temper. The state can be circumvented, it's just a matter of how willing you are to separate yourself from its influence. Freedom to some is slavery to others.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 8:47:25 PM
At 1/4/2012 5:56:44 PM, Reasoning wrote:

America was founded on secession.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 8:51:10 PM

you're not thinking big enough. A state secedes,
To form a New Nation
then a town secedes,
to form yet another new nation.
then I secede my house,
your house is not a political body
Yes, I see that you voluntarily became homeless, bravo...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle