Total Posts:68|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

9/11 Conspiracy Theories

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:23:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you believe in them?

Why, or why not?

Do you think they should be investigated(meaning, should say, George Bush, be investigated for 9/11)?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:24:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Inb4 Geolaurate and his dipshit theories.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:25:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 6:23:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Do you believe in them?

No

Why, or why not?

They're irrational with unsubstantial evidence.

Do you think they should be investigated(meaning, should say, George Bush, be investigated for 9/11)?

No.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:29:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would not bat an eye if evidence arose showing that George W. Bush knew the 9/11 attacks were going to happen before they happened.

However, it is beyond ridiculous, even when considering the various nefarious methods of our government, to argue that but for American pro-jihadist behaviors (such as supporting Al Qaeda), Al Qaeda would not have attacked the twin towers in the manner they did.

American influenced 9/11 in the sense that stationing our troops in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War refocused Osama's priorities from domestic Islamic governments to America (Israel really wasn't huge on Osama's list of things-to-do-before-the-Caliphate).

Nonsense about bilderbergers, Jewish bankers, illuminati, and references to American false flag operations involving Cuban nations clutter up the blogs of those with no sense of international relations and policy since World War 1.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:33:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 6:29:53 PM, Wnope wrote:
I would not bat an eye if evidence arose showing that George W. Bush knew the 9/11 attacks were going to happen before they happened.

However, it is beyond ridiculous, even when considering the various nefarious methods of our government, to argue that but for American pro-jihadist behaviors (such as supporting Al Qaeda), Al Qaeda would not have attacked the twin towers in the manner they did.

American influenced 9/11 in the sense that stationing our troops in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War refocused Osama's priorities from domestic Islamic governments to America (Israel really wasn't huge on Osama's list of things-to-do-before-the-Caliphate).

Nonsense about bilderbergers, Jewish bankers, illuminati, and references to American false flag operations involving Cuban nations clutter up the blogs of those with no sense of international relations and policy since World War 1.

I find it hard to dignify the "Americans planted explosives at the base of the towers" conspiracy sect of Truthers with a response, so I've left that out.
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:33:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My opinion with the "THE GOVERNMENT DID 9/11 AND THEY COVERED IT UP!!! IT'S A NEONAZI KLEPTOCRATIC SOCIALIST FACIST COERCIVE CONSPIRACY!!!" people and ideas is that A) Why would the Government destroy the twin towers anyway? 2) In a paraphrase of Stephen Hawking, if the Government is coving it up, then they are doing a better job on it then most of the other stuff that they do and C) Their theories are invalid and silly.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 8:58:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 6:24:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Inb4 Geolaurate and his dipshit theories.

I dont have any 9/11 theories. All I know are these simple facts:

- The official story is a lie as the head of the 9/11 Commission has confirmed in which he said the government deliberately lied.

- Dick Cheney told NORAD to stand down as confirmed by intelligence insiders.

- The global elites used the 9/11 crisis to justify their actions and policies.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 9:01:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 8:58:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 6:24:01 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Inb4 Geolaurate and his dipshit theories.

I dont have any 9/11 theories. All I know are these simple facts:

- The official story is a lie as the head of the 9/11 Commission has confirmed in which he said the government deliberately lied.

- Dick Cheney told NORAD to stand down as confirmed by intelligence insiders.

- The global elites used the 9/11 crisis to justify their actions and policies.

Proof please.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 9:08:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I currently have no opinion. I won't join in on laughing at Geo until I research it myself.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 9:09:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't have enough faith in the government to believe they could pull off something like that and keep it secret. They can't even balance their fvcking budget.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 9:34:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There are three aspects of that incident that lead me to my perspective.

1. Physical evidence.

First off, I know the towers were bombed in one way or another.

I also know that three buildings in Lower Manhattan went down that day; the third, although not nearly as tall or prominent, was an annexation of the twin tower complex.

I know that the buildings fell cleanly, like a demolition. When one considers the chilling photographs of 1940's Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the atomic bombs -- and Tokyo after the napalm bombs -- you will see the ghostly shells of buildings barely standing, suggesting that that buildings were considerably more fortified 60 years prior, or that a 747 created a more powerful blast and localized destruction than a hydrogen bomb.

I know that, consistent with a demolition, there were diagnol cuts along the middle of the (ridiculously strong) steel infrastructure of the buildings that went down.

I know I personally saw a news cast in which smoke was coming from the second building's windows inexplicably before the plane hit it.

I know jet fighters were currently training for just such an episode (which could conceivably prevent them from swooping in and saving the day by causing them to assume it wasn't real). Of the various airplanes claimed to head toward various buildings, those fighters never made it on the scene, while local authorities did.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:09:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
2. Practical evidence.

To approach what Stephen Hawking said: what atrocity or other outrageous behavior did our government commit of which Americans where fully aware? It takes generations for secrets like that to come out, and an explanation for this will come, too.

If I couldn't come up with logical reasoning why the government did this, I'd still remain skeptical... but, if you consider the last time we attempted to occupy a region for natural resources that were generally hostile toward us, we lost millions of Americans from that generation. Millions. That's massive -- one million people is 2.5 percent of our entire population. Compared with that, the 6k casualties that enabled us to "legally" (without public outcry) kill Hussein and Bin Laden in one fell swoop without so much as dropping one bomb of shooting one bullet domestically is meager, and this operation was actually a success.

On the other hand, I cannot for the life of me extrapolate why any rich Middle Eastern man, extremist or not, would commit an act tantamount to misled and irrational psychopaths like Tim McVegh, who, with much less resources, pulled off the same exact thing. In fact, I have never heard of such a foreign attack in all history - drop two buildings on a busy street then send YouTube vids? Lol, uhh...? Attack the Pentagon (where they deal with tactics and defense) rather than the White House? Pass by innumerous air and naval bases and ignore them (who will do the same in kind)? Leave everyone Bin Laden actually knows to exist alone (the typical American doesn't even know who works at the Pentagon) rather some random building that won't matter to us at all in the long run? No attacks on our industry? No attacks on our banks? I mean, come on, he's not a high school student, this is the rich leader of a multinational organization. You would think he'd have the resources and wherewithal to come up with a plan that isn't simply "destroy an American building, kill a bunch of random New Yorkers, then hide in my basement in the middle of town for ten years."
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:15:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
3. The relevance of the truth.

Alright, lets say that it is the worst case scenario -- Bin Laden is a relatively innocent man and the American gov is solely responsible for that incident. What are you gonna do about it? Secede? Leave? There mere fact that this is a question should make you do that anyway, if you're liable. The fact is that I think that everyone realizes this is dubious and that we don't know the truth, but there isn't anything we can do about that anyway. So, we must fool ourselves into believing that we do really know what happened, and the people in power know that.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:28:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
9/11 was not an inside job or whatever conspiracy theorists out there claim. Truthers manage to hold onto their beliefs by ignoring mountains of evidence and focusing on very few anomalous things that happened that day. However if you look closely, very few if any of the anomalies are strange at all. They mostly come from quotes taken badly out of context, made up science, taking the word of one eyewitness while ignoring the few hundred or so who affirm the opposite, or in many cases just flat out lies. I think people fall for this stuff because the one thing conspiracy theorists are masters of is applying logical fallacies in a convincing fashion.

I enjoy studying these theories because I find it fascinating how people are willing to abandon their sense of reality to hold onto these beliefs. Debating 9/11 was actually what brought me onto this site. If anyone here really believes that it was an inside job or is skeptical enough to debate it, SEND ME A CHALLENGE.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:29:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:09:37 PM, Ren wrote:
2. Practical evidence.

To approach what Stephen Hawking said: what atrocity or other outrageous behavior did our government commit of which Americans where fully aware? It takes generations for secrets like that to come out, and an explanation for this will come, too.

If I couldn't come up with logical reasoning why the government did this, I'd still remain skeptical... but, if you consider the last time we attempted to occupy a region for natural resources that were generally hostile toward us, we lost millions of Americans from that generation. Millions. That's massive -- one million people is 2.5 percent of our entire population. Compared with that, the 6k casualties that enabled us to "legally" (without public outcry) kill Hussein and Bin Laden in one fell swoop without so much as dropping one bomb of shooting one bullet domestically is meager, and this operation was actually a success.

On the other hand, I cannot for the life of me extrapolate why any rich Middle Eastern man, extremist or not, would commit an act tantamount to misled and irrational psychopaths like Tim McVegh, who, with much less resources, pulled off the same exact thing. In fact, I have never heard of such a foreign attack in all history - drop two buildings on a busy street then send YouTube vids? Lol, uhh...? Attack the Pentagon (where they deal with tactics and defense) rather than the White House? Pass by innumerous air and naval bases and ignore them (who will do the same in kind)? Leave everyone Bin Laden actually knows to exist alone (the typical American doesn't even know who works at the Pentagon) rather some random building that won't matter to us at all in the long run? No attacks on our industry? No attacks on our banks? I mean, come on, he's not a high school student, this is the rich leader of a multinational organization. You would think he'd have the resources and wherewithal to come up with a plan that isn't simply "destroy an American building, kill a bunch of random New Yorkers, then hide in my basement in the middle of town for ten years."

This is perhaps the most ignorant, eurocentric interpretation of middle-eastern politics I have ever seen from EITHER political spectrum.

How can you with an iota of intellectual honesty compare the formation of Al Qaeda out of the mujahedeen in afghanistan after Soviet withdrawal to a lone-wolf, psychologically unstable domestic terrorist who, in a REAL terrorist organization, probably wouldn't even be trusted to blow HIMESELF up.

Timothy McVeigh accomplished exactly what he wanted: become immortalized through an act of violence to give meaning to his inadequate, pathetic life.

Osama also accomplished what he wanted: over-reaction of American troops and swelling of ranks with new recruits to complete a religious mission.

Non-domestic terrorist organization, especially ones like Al Qaeda, compete for volunteers through their actions. Also, the point of the attacks were not to weaken American military strength, THAT would be an insane motivation.

What Osama DID do is symbolically attack our military several years prior. Look up the U.S.S. Cole.

Also, Osama DID try to blow up the World Trade Towers years before. He failed, so he tried planes.

Osama DID try to blow up the White House, but United Flight 93 went down.

Osama was banished from his own country (Saudi Arabia) by the royalty after American troops stationed themselves against Iraq in the Gulf War. Before this point, Al Qaeda was essentially a branch of the Muslim Brotherhood, focusing on domestic secular governments. If we took our troops out of Saudi Arabia, Al Qaeda would still hate us. However, if we hadn't brought our troops in, Osama wouldn't have put America in its sightlines so early in the game.

What would make NO sense is if Al Qaeda attacked us with the intent to directly weaken our military or industries (that's guerilla warfare, not terrorism), if they attacked specific banks and industries that had no symbolic value to the American and world public.

Terrorism does not work like guerilla warfare. Guerilla warfare against the US is not viable UNTIL you cause an over-reaction of American troops to pour into your home territory. Guess one of Osama's motivations for the attacks? To lead a guerilla warfare campaign as similar as possible to the fight against the Soviets. You do that with an act of symbolic terrorism leading to overreaction.

Unless you're just talking about replaceable street soldiers, operatives in islamic terrorist organizations need to show some level of mental stability to be trusted with even SUICIDE missions. That's part of the reason they have training camps: test the mental traits to see how much they can handle.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:31:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:15:58 PM, Ren wrote:
3. The relevance of the truth.

Alright, lets say that it is the worst case scenario -- Bin Laden is a relatively innocent man and the American gov is solely responsible for that incident. What are you gonna do about it? Secede? Leave? There mere fact that this is a question should make you do that anyway, if you're liable. The fact is that I think that everyone realizes this is dubious and that we don't know the truth, but there isn't anything we can do about that anyway. So, we must fool ourselves into believing that we do really know what happened, and the people in power know that.

At most, this would prove that people believe 9/11 was an inside job. It doesn't say anything about whether it actually was an inside job.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:35:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This forum is disgusting and I hope that when the doubters die they will have to parade past the 3,000 victims of 9/11 and personally apologize to each and every one.

I hope one day the doubters are victim to true terrorism so I can tell you that it was an inside job.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:40:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:35:07 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This forum is disgusting and I hope that when the doubters die they will have to parade past the 3,000 victims of 9/11 and personally apologize to each and every one.

I hope one day the doubters are victim to true terrorism so I can tell you that it was an inside job.

I feel bad for you.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:46:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:40:38 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:35:07 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This forum is disgusting and I hope that when the doubters die they will have to parade past the 3,000 victims of 9/11 and personally apologize to each and every one.

I hope one day the doubters are victim to true terrorism so I can tell you that it was an inside job.

I feel bad for you.

Thank a soldier :)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:48:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wow, you guys are fvckin retarded.

"The senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission – John Farmer – says that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11, echoing the assertions of fellow 9/11 Commission members who concluded that the Pentagon were engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack."

"the public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks"
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.infowars.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:50:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:48:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wow, you guys are fvckin retarded.

"The senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission – John Farmer – says that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11, echoing the assertions of fellow 9/11 Commission members who concluded that the Pentagon were engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack."

"the public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks"
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.infowars.com...

That doesn't make in an inside job? That means the government lied... surprise?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:53:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:50:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:48:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wow, you guys are fvckin retarded.

"The senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission – John Farmer – says that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11, echoing the assertions of fellow 9/11 Commission members who concluded that the Pentagon were engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack."

"the public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks"
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.infowars.com...

That doesn't make in an inside job? That means the government lied... surprise?

Exactly.

Lying=/= Massive conspiracy
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:56:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:48:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wow, you guys are fvckin retarded.

"The senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission – John Farmer – says that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11, echoing the assertions of fellow 9/11 Commission members who concluded that the Pentagon were engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack."

"the public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks"
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.infowars.com...

Farmer is quite right. As is the Washington Post article.

Try reading carefully.

"hoping to hide the bungled response to the hijackings, these sources said."

The government reaction to the attacks was quite shitty, and they pressured the 9/11 committee to say they did a better job than they did.

If 9/11 was an inside job, why have the government look so bad responding?
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:00:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:48:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wow, you guys are fvckin retarded.

"The senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission – John Farmer – says that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11, echoing the assertions of fellow 9/11 Commission members who concluded that the Pentagon were engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack."

"the public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks"
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.infowars.com...

You realize that nothing you have said really has anything to do with 9/11 conspiracy theories. The only thing you have brought into question is if we were told the truth regarding how they reacted to the attacks, not whether they planned them. It is obvious that many people didn't do their jobs that day. Covering up whatever they could to save their own a$$ is to be expected, and fits in with everything you brought up.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:03:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:56:32 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:48:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wow, you guys are fvckin retarded.

"The senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission – John Farmer – says that the government agreed not to tell the truth about 9/11, echoing the assertions of fellow 9/11 Commission members who concluded that the Pentagon were engaged in deliberate deception about their response to the attack."

"the public had been seriously misled about what occurred during the morning of the attacks"
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

"At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
-- John Farmer (Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission)

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
http://www.infowars.com...

Farmer is quite right. As is the Washington Post article.

: Try reading carefully.

"hoping to hide the bungled response to the hijackings, these sources said."

The government reaction to the attacks was quite shitty, and they pressured the 9/11 committee to say they did a better job than they did.

If 9/11 was an inside job, why have the government look so bad responding?

lol! He is a conspiracy theorist, I think that goes against his religion.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:09:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Three months before 9/11, Vice President Dick Cheney usurped control of NORAD, and therefore he alone had the power to call for military aircraft on the hijacked airliners on 9/11. He did not exercise that power. On the contrary, the Secretary of Transportation on 9/11, Norman Mineta, testified that Dick Cheney gave a stand-down order to U.S. air defense on 9/11. Three months after 9/11, Cheney relinquished command of NORAD and returned it to military operation."
-- http://www.infowars.com...

http://www.infowars.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:13:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 11:09:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"Three months before 9/11, Vice President Dick Cheney usurped control of NORAD, and therefore he alone had the power to call for military aircraft on the hijacked airliners on 9/11. He did not exercise that power. On the contrary, the Secretary of Transportation on 9/11, Norman Mineta, testified that Dick Cheney gave a stand-down order to U.S. air defense on 9/11. Three months after 9/11, Cheney relinquished command of NORAD and returned it to military operation."
-- http://www.infowars.com...

http://www.infowars.com...

All it takes to understand this claim is a 1 minute search on Google. Here is what Norman Mineta was actually talking about (watch first 26 seconds)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:15:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And to the retards who dismiss Infowars outright, here's C-SPAN video footage that Infowars rightly cited:
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:17:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 11:13:16 PM, Double_R wrote:
All it takes to understand this claim is a 1 minute search on Google. Here is what Norman Mineta was actually talking about (watch first 26 seconds)

Norman Mineta further elaborates in agreement with 9/11 truther interview.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:22:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 11:09:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"Three months before 9/11, Vice President Dick Cheney usurped control of NORAD, and therefore he alone had the power to call for military aircraft on the hijacked airliners on 9/11. He did not exercise that power. On the contrary, the Secretary of Transportation on 9/11, Norman Mineta, testified that Dick Cheney gave a stand-down order to U.S. air defense on 9/11. Three months after 9/11, Cheney relinquished command of NORAD and returned it to military operation."
-- http://www.infowars.com...

http://www.infowars.com...

"During the time that the airplane was coming into the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President…the plane is 50 miles out…the plane is 30 miles out….and when it got down to the plane is 10 miles out, the young man also said to the vice president "do the orders still stand?" And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said "Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary!?

"I remember later on when I heard about the Shanksville plane going down, the Vice President was right across from me, and I said, 'Do you think that we shot it down ourselves?' He said, 'I don't know.' He said, 'Let's find out.' So he had someone check with the Pentagon. That was about maybe, let's say 10:30 or so, and we never heard back from the DoD until probably about 12:30. And they said, 'No, we didn't do it.'"

So you are accusing Dick Cheney of saying "the order you were previously given still stands?"

Whatever part Cheney did play, it wasn't involved with the actual signal to destroy the airplanes, or he wouldn't (as your own source then claims) have to ask someone to go out an INVESTIGATE whether or not the military shot down the Pennslyvania flight.

What Mineta has shown is that Dick Cheney lied about being in total communication with everyone else. That's basically what the government wants to cover up: how crappy their response and coordination was.

This goes along with the previous evidence you posted.