Jump to topic:

Faith in the Government hahahahahahaha

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:59:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have no faith past faith in each politician's wish to be re-elected or come out rich. So did Madison. That's why we tend to agree on how to structure government.
cameronl35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:02:20 PM
At 1/4/2012 10:55:32 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Faith in the government? Does anybody still have any faith in them? Anyone?

Me. Faith that they will never live up to what they claim.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:09:19 PM
This morning I woke up and flipped my light switch, the light turned on. I then turned the knob in my bathtub, water came out. I then took the subway to work, surprisingly, I got to my destination.

Government actually does good things, but when your entire focus (as with most conservatives) is finding reasons to hate them you will obviously not realize it. If you have so little faith in our government then move to Mexico, or Haiti. Then tell me how bad it is here in America.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:12:56 PM
Australia.

Yeah, it's that awesome.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:15:41 PM
democrats no

ron paul no

republicans usually no

rick santorum yes
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:28:26 PM
At 1/4/2012 11:15:41 PM, 16kadams wrote:
democrats no

ron paul no

republicans usually no

rick santorum yes

Santorum? You don't really strike me as the type that would engage alternative forms of penetration.

(I'm joking)
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:35:37 PM
democrats no

ron paul no

republicans usually no

rick santorum yes

Santorum? That's one hell of a lot of faith. Faith is a stupid thing to have in the first place. That means you believe something whole heartedly without any proof. In this case, there is plenty of proof that Santorum is unstable at best. Just read up a little and you will understand.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:41:12 PM
At 1/4/2012 11:37:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
democrats no

ron paul no

republicans usually no

rick santorum yes

Go Santorum!

Go neologisms! On serious note, is he for real? http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...

Royaltee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:39:57 AM
At 1/4/2012 11:09:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
This morning I woke up and flipped my light switch, the light turned on. I then turned the knob in my bathtub, water came out. I then took the subway to work, surprisingly, I got to my destination.

Yup. And Mussolini made the trains run on time. How fantastic.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:50:24 AM
At 1/5/2012 12:39:57 AM, Royaltee wrote:

Well done... Dry and vague, just how I like it...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:03:59 AM
At 1/4/2012 10:55:32 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Faith in the government? Does anybody still have any faith in them? Anyone?

In our current government or in government in general?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:05:57 AM

Be thankful that you have clean drinking water, are not fed poison, arsenic, and cocaine in your medicine, have public libraries and public education, etc.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:08:48 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:05:57 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Be thankful that you have clean drinking water, are not fed poison, arsenic, and cocaine in your medicine, have public libraries and public education, etc.

Be thankful? Yes. Demand that they do all this while not infringing on my rights wasting my money, and ruining my future? Yes.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:09:36 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:08:48 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Be thankful? Yes. Demand that they do all this while not infringing on my rights wasting my money, and ruining my future? Yes.

Go live in Somalia and tell me what type of future you will have.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:10:55 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:09:36 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

The "It could be worse" argument is pointless. Yes, it could.......So we shouldn't still demand better?

And honestly I have faith the government will do the BARE MINIMUM, and very little else right.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:14:14 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:10:55 AM, OberHerr wrote:

The "It could be worse" argument is pointless. Yes, it could.......So we shouldn't still demand better?

And honestly I have faith the government will do the BARE MINIMUM, and very little else right.

That is not a "it could be worst" argument; that is an example of the type of society that you advocate.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 2:01:24 PM

Government actually does good things, but when your entire focus (as with most conservatives) is finding reasons to hate them you will obviously not realize it. If you have so little faith in our government then move to Mexico, or Haiti.

>Dislike government
>Move to a place where government has an even heavier hand.

WTF?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 3:06:02 PM

If you can "demand better" from companies, why not do the same of the government? People accept a pathetic government because they want government to be pathetic so they always have something to complain about.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 4:41:31 PM
democrats no

ron paul no

republicans usually no

rick santorum yes

Go Santorum!

Am I the only one that supports Gingrich?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 4:50:17 PM
At 1/4/2012 10:59:30 PM, Wnope wrote:
I have no faith past faith in each politician's wish to be re-elected or come out rich. So did Madison. That's why we tend to agree on how to structure government.

Cynics are kind of annoying. I don't buy into the idea that all or even most politicians are only concerned about themselves and getting rich. If I got into the government, would I magically turn that way?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 4:52:00 PM

Government actually does good things, but when your entire focus (as with most conservatives) is finding reasons to hate them you will obviously not realize it. If you have so little faith in our government then move to Mexico, or Haiti. Then tell me how bad it is here in America.

This.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Royaltee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 4:57:02 PM
At 1/5/2012 4:50:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:59:30 PM, Wnope wrote:

Cynics are kind of annoying. I don't buy into the idea that all or even most politicians are only concerned about themselves and getting rich. If I got into the government, would I magically turn that way?

It doesn't matter. You're a mainstream Democratic liberal. The policies you support are economically destructive regardless of whether or not you care for yourself or others.
Royaltee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 4:57:36 PM
At 1/5/2012 4:52:00 PM, 000ike wrote:

This.

lol
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:00:32 PM
At 1/5/2012 4:41:31 PM, MasterKage wrote:
democrats no

ron paul no

republicans usually no

rick santorum yes

Go Santorum!

Am I the only one that supports Gingrich?

I like him, I just don't think he will win at this point. TBH I'm not sure if Santorum will either.

TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:38:01 PM
At 1/5/2012 3:06:02 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

If you can "demand better" from companies, why not do the same of the government? People accept a pathetic government because they want government to be pathetic so they always have something to complain about.

The difference is the likelihood in positive outcomes. Companies have to be responsive to consumer demand, otherwise they go out of business. The government can be unresponsive and generally ineffective as an institution, but it's not as if people can respond by refusing to pay taxes, so the problems sort of just perpetuate.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:42:40 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:38:01 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
At 1/5/2012 3:06:02 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

The difference is the likelihood in positive outcomes. Companies have to be responsive to consumer demand, otherwise they go out of business. The government can be unresponsive and generally ineffective as an institution, but it's not as if people can respond by refusing to pay taxes, so the problems sort of just perpetuate.

Theoretically they can vote for a politician who promises to increase the efficiency of government. The government isn't completely wasteful, but it is wasteful.

Problem is that people are stupid when it comes to economics and labor unions tend to take over the government. Federal Labor unions try to squeeze as much money out of the taxpayers as possible, regardless of whether the program benefits people or not.

Then people are stupid economically, thinking that If the government cuts jobs then "jobs are destroyed". The jobs will exist.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:22:42 PM
To the OP, if you had asked this question only a few months ago, you would have gotten a collective middle finger from a lot of the site. Now with the influx of progressives and conservatives you'll probably get one of two answers. The conservative will say something about American exceptionalism and how the U.S. is "just different" or the "greatest country God ever gave the Earth" and the liberal will say that the government has the ability to solve absolutely any problem so long as they can spend as much of everyone else's money as they please.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.