Jump to topic:

Why Obama sucks: reason #1

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:17:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok so, I think this is proof enough of why Obama is a bad president. I mean come on! You'd think that our country's leader would at least have enough respect for our country to salute it!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:20:32 PM
There are so many reasons beyond his blatant disregard for the actual country for us not to re-elect this prick(I did not vote for himt the first time, but...).
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:24:13 PM
At 1/4/2012 11:20:32 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
There are so many reasons beyond his blatant disregard for the actual country for us not to re-elect this prick(I did not vote for himt the first time, but...).

lol I didn't either...school election :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:27:43 PM
At 1/4/2012 11:24:13 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/4/2012 11:20:32 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

lol I didn't either...school election :P

I'd sooner elect Gingrich, and I hate that f**king guy.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:27:43 PM
really obama? this plus bowing to a saudi arabian king...

that's why he want's to censor the internet. Well he hasn't screw you white house edit this *family guy mooning moment*
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:45:59 AM
TBH I would elect ANY of the current presidential candidates over him.

They couldn't possibly do a worse job.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:26:46 AM
At 1/4/2012 11:17:11 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Ok so, I think this is proof enough of why Obama is a bad president. I mean come on! You'd think that our country's leader would at least have enough respect for our country to salute it!

Claiming that he does not respect the country because he did not put his hand over his heart is just nonsensical. First, there are other ways to show respect, and he has adequately done this even when he has defied justice to do so. Second, that gesture is just mindless and has little rational basis in our modern culture.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:33:55 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:26:46 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Claiming that he does not respect the country because he did not put his hand over his heart is just nonsensical. First, there are other ways to show respect, and he has adequately done this even when he has defied justice to do so. Second, that gesture is just mindless and has little rational basis in our modern culture.

Now, why does it not surprise my that someone like you thinks that simple putting your hand over your heart, to honor, those that have died for this country, is not that big a deal for you?

I'm not saying this is the main reason I dislike him, but I stop making excuses for him, this is one that none can be made for.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:42:21 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:33:55 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Now, why does it not surprise my that someone like you thinks that simple putting your hand over your heart, to honor, those that have died for this country, is not that big a deal for you?

I'm not saying this is the main reason I dislike him, but I stop making excuses for him, this is one that none can be made for.

Mindlessly putting your hand over your heart does not mean that you respect the soldiers. He did more to honor their sacrifice by pulling the troops out. Bush, on the other hand, forced them to needlessly sacrifice their own lives.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:48:11 AM

You have got to be kidding! Do you put your hand over your heart during the National Anthem? I sure don't -- I stand up, but I don't put my hand on my heart, and I never see anyone do that, give me a break.

That was a casual Steak Fry in Iowa.

You guys sound silly. Read the writing on it:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com...

http://www.timesnews.net...

All this hostility toward Obama, for what really? Be honest now...s
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:53:32 AM

You're also supposed to face the flag. Yet... no one seems to be dinging anyone on that.

Oh wait, that's probably because this criticism is completely and utterly nonsensical.

Who are you to tell Obama, or anyone else, the proper and improper ways of honoring a country?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:55:46 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:42:21 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Mindlessly putting your hand over your heart does not mean that you respect the soldiers. He did more to honor their sacrifice by pulling the troops out. Bush, on the other hand, forced them to needlessly sacrifice their own lives.

Mindlessly? How is it mindless? The point is, he seems to deliberately putting his hands down, and as the leader of our country, we should expect better.

As for the whole "Evil Bush, Good and Holy Obama" argument, all I'll say is that I guess when someone kill over six thousand of your people, you should just sit by and let it happen.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:58:09 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:48:11 AM, Ren wrote:

You have got to be kidding! Do you put your hand over your heart during the National Anthem? I sure don't -- I stand up, but I don't put my hand on my heart, and I never see anyone do that, give me a break.

That was a casual Steak Fry in Iowa.

You guys sound silly. Read the writing on it:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com...

http://www.timesnews.net...

All this hostility toward Obama, for what really? Be honest now...s

This is not one of the main reasons why I dislike him. TBH I don't even care about this all that much(although it does annoy me).

I just dislike his policies and beliefs.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:05:40 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:03:41 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Interestingly enough, Republican presidents have also been caught doing the same thing.

http://www.sodahead.com...

I'm not surprised.

It just annoys me that people do that, even if it does seem petty.

My main problem was that you seemed to be saying it was a pointless gesture, merely to defend him.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:48:41 AM

Wrong, most of the troops were there doing their job. Bush didn't force them to do anything, they chose to join the military. Therefore, they chose to fight. Obama made all those men die for nothing by pulling out before total victory could be achieved.

And I can asure you that saluting the greatest nation in the world's flag is NOT mindless. Besides, he is the PRESIDENT! Even if it were mindless, he of all people should be the one doing it.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:54:09 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:48:41 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Wrong, most of the troops were there doing their job. Bush didn't force them to do anything, they chose to join the military. Therefore, they chose to fight. Obama made all those men die for nothing by pulling out before total victory could be achieved.

The job of the soldiers is to defend their country, and not to ruin the lives of people living in other countries. Bush forced them to waste their time, energy, and in many cases, lives, in Iraq and Afghanistan. Moreover, soldiers with combat positions in the military are disproportionately from lower economic classes, meaning that they often join in order to feed themselves, and not because they want to murder civilians. Obama did not make them die for nothing; he is honoring their commitment to defend their country by ending unnecessary wars and reforming the military so that it does not waste effort and money in futile struggles.
And I can asure you that saluting the greatest nation in the world's flag is NOT mindless. Besides, he is the PRESIDENT! Even if it were mindless, he of all people should be the one doing it.

First, if he has to do it, then so do conservative presidents, including the Bushes. http://www.sodahead.com...

Second, it is a completely mindless gesture; it means nothing in our modern society.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:55:11 AM
Interestingly enough, Republican presidents have also been caught doing the same thing.

And they should have! I don't care if they are Democrat or Rebublican, the president is the leader of our country and he should at least be patriotic enough to salute our country!

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 9:56:30 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:55:11 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

And they should have! I don't care if they are Democrat or Rebublican, the president is the leader of our country and he should at least be patriotic enough to salute our country!

This obviously cannot be the #1 reason that Obama is bad then. Republican presidents do the same thing.

Also, this was not even a military gathering; it occured at a pointless steak fry, as Ren mentioned.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:05:00 AM
At 1/5/2012 9:56:30 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

This obviously cannot be the #1 reason that Obama is bad then. Republican presidents do the same thing.

Also, this was not even a military gathering; it occured at a pointless steak fry, as Ren mentioned.

It isn't this is #1 in a series of threads i'm posting.

Doesn't matter it is our national anthem and everyone else there had the sense to solute it...besides Obama!

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:09:21 AM
At 1/5/2012 10:05:00 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 1/5/2012 9:56:30 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

It isn't this is #1 in a series of threads i'm posting.

Doesn't matter it is our national anthem and everyone else there had the sense to solute it...besides Obama!

Mindless worship is not good.