Jump to topic:

Media Still Ignoring Strong Ron Paul

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 4:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
After the Iowa caucus I saw a Fox discussion between pundits and a host that lasted for 10 minutes and not a single word about Ron Paul. They talked about Bachmann who is no longer relevant, they talked about Rick Perry who placed 5th, they talked about Gingrich who had disappointing results, they talked about Romney and Santorum, but not even ONE word about Ron Paul's strong showing and tie for 1st place in the delegate race.

Now Ron Paul had a major surge from 14% to 24% since Jan. 2nd in New Hampshire (gaining on Romneys big decline from 47 to 38%) and what does the news get hyped about and report instead?

They creamed all over Santorums pitiful gain from 9% to 11% in New Hampshire instead! If thats not a blatant conspiracy against Paul idk what is.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:09:45 PM
At 1/5/2012 4:32:04 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
After the Iowa caucus I saw a Fox discussion between pundits and a host that lasted for 10 minutes and not a single word about Ron Paul. They talked about Bachmann who is no longer relevant, they talked about Rick Perry who placed 5th, they talked about Gingrich who had disappointing results, they talked about Romney and Santorum, but not even ONE word about Ron Paul's strong showing and tie for 1st place in the delegate race.

Now Ron Paul had a major surge from 14% to 24% since Jan. 2nd in New Hampshire (gaining on Romneys big decline from 47 to 38%) and what does the news get hyped about and report instead?

They creamed all over Santorums pitiful gain from 9% to 11% in New Hampshire instead! If thats not a blatant conspiracy against Paul idk what is.

Ummm, maybe cause they, like the rest of America, know he will never win.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:10:20 PM
You're so delusional its almost inspiring.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:11:20 PM
At 1/5/2012 5:10:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
You're so delusional its almost inspiring.

Lol, we actually agreed on something!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:01:28 PM
At 1/5/2012 5:09:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Thats odd coming from someone whose signature is:

"You would Surprised how often the impossible happens."
- OberHerr
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:01:57 PM
At 1/5/2012 6:01:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

- OberHerr

Ah, SNAP!
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:02:59 PM

- OberHerr

Owned.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:09:59 PM

- OberHerr

Pwnage.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:27:01 PM

- OberHerr

Geo wins.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:29:57 PM
Just curious, what do you think is considered a conspiracy? I think most people agree that the media is ignoring Ron Paul, but there are other incentives besides the NWO for this to occur.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DoctorZhiva90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 6:41:23 PM
Geo is absolutely right on this one. The MSM's most significant coverage of Ron Paul has come from beating the dead horse that is his old newsletters. These have already been explained plausibly, yet they have tried to bring it up since they realize that the average American voter will not do any kind of research into the background behind them. As for positive coverage, there really has been none, all of it has centered on Paul being unelectable, or how the Iowa caucuses should be discredited had he won them (Chris Wallace of Fox said that).

The double standard is clear, whether you support Paul or not. When Paul was a front-runner to the Iowa caucuses, the media said that the caucuses really don't matter. When Santorum was gaining momentum, however, they said that a strong showing for him could build a base for the rest of his campaign (despite him having much less support outside of Iowa than Paul). Besides, the media has yet to bring up some of Santorum's nasty homopobic statements, while they have no problem digging up old dirt on Paul's newsletters.

Why the bias? All the networks are very pro-Israel from what I've noticed, especially the media empire owned by Zionist Rupert Murdoch. Therefore, they don't want to promote a non-establishment candidate who would significantly lessen America's role in Israel. Just my theory. Point is, Paul supporters like Geo and I are going to need to accept that the media will either ignore or smear him, and rely on the quality of his principles to convince the voters. (Also very ironic how the media calls Paul's message of a return to limited, constitutional government "radical ideas")
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:20:56 PM
I thought the video would automatically embed..

Well, it's a video of CNN cutting off a soldier who supports Ron Paul due to supposed technical difficulties.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:23:45 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:20:56 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:

Well, it's a video of CNN cutting off a soldier who supports Ron Paul due to supposed technical difficulties.

Technical difficulties =/= Censorship.

The fact that they even originally went to the headquarters shows that they were not censoring Ron Paul.

Also, Ron Paul really really sucks.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:27:31 PM
cause winners will be winners. Also ron paul finishes in 3rdunder his expectation for 2nd or first. The santorum was unexpected and the bachman thing made sense as not everyday someone drops out.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:28:52 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:23:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

The fact that they even originally went to the headquarters shows that they were not censoring Ron Paul.

This is nothing but a baseless assertion. If you could prove your statement one way or the other, then it might be worth your time to open your mouth.

Ya, I agree. Not sending young Americans to die in needless, far off war-zones is horrible. More American deaths and higher budget deficits due to war is a very good thing.

Plus, removing political favoritism out of the economy and business world will likely lead to economic growth and higher living standards, which also sucks. I really, really wanna be poor, ya know?
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:29:16 PM

He fights for your liberty, and that's your response? Who do you support, then?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:30:43 PM
At 1/5/2012 4:32:04 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

lol the RCP polls has sanatorum rising like straight up via graph and one poll has him at 21%. Paul is gaining to slow to get attention.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:31:11 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:29:16 PM, mongeese wrote:

Liberty is overrated and unnecessary.

I support Rick Santorum.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:32:13 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:28:52 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:

This is nothing but a baseless assertion. If you could prove your statement one way or the other, then it might be worth your time to open your mouth.
Did you watch the video? THEY WENT TO HIS SUPPORTER'S HEADQUARTERS!!!

Ya, I agree. Not sending young Americans to die in needless, far off war-zones is horrible. More American deaths and higher budget deficits due to war is a very good thing.
War is good. Nuff said.
Plus, removing political favoritism out of the economy and business world will likely lead to economic growth and higher living standards, which also sucks. I really, really wanna be poor, ya know?

Sorry, but you are not worth my brain power to rebut.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:32:18 PM
Ron Paul has as much chance of being the Republican nominee as Dennis Kucinich does of being on the Democratic ticket. They're both loons and no one is going to pretend he's credible just because a bunch of starry-eyed college kids cream themselves when he talks.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:32:25 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:31:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I support Rick Santorum.

I'd take Ron Paul over Santorum, and I even I think of Paul's policies are kooky.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:33:26 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:27:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:
cause winners will be winners. Also ron paul finishes in 3rdunder his expectation for 2nd or first. The santorum was unexpected and the bachman thing made sense as not everyday someone drops out.

Ron Paul tied for FIRST in the Iowa delegate race. Caucus votes dont elect Party nominees, delegates do. Look it up. Ron Paul won fair and square.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:33:42 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:32:25 PM, Wnope wrote:

I support Rick Santorum.

I'd take Ron Paul over Santorum, and I even I think of Paul's policies are kooky.

I'd support anybody who is a crazy right wing authoritarian. Unfortunately, Santorum doesn't even come close to my idea of an ideal candidate. However, out of everybody, he is the best.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:35:53 PM

I support Rick Santorum.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:37:49 PM

Without liberty, we have tyranny. Is that really what you want?

I support Rick Santorum.

And what does he bring to the table, besides wanting to continue to strip away essential liberties from the American people?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:40:07 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:33:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/5/2012 7:27:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Ron Paul tied for FIRST in the Iowa delegate race. Caucus votes dont elect Party nominees, delegates do. Look it up. Ron Paul won fair and square.

he got none: http://www.foxnews.com...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:40:23 PM
At 1/5/2012 7:32:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/5/2012 7:28:52 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
War is good. Nuff said.

...what? How?

Sorry, but you are not worth my brain power to rebut.

That's not even a very good response in general, but its even worse when you haven't demonstrated anything above sub-par brain power so far.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:41:36 PM

I support Rick Santorum.

Well then I hope you won't mind when a fascist dictator puts you in the gas chamber for supporting Rick Santorum or anyone else other than the dictator. I also hope you don't mind when your family is stripped of all freedoms and dragged to a civilian detention camp.

Death and enslavement yeah! Liberty boo!

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat