Jump to topic:

Obama Shreds Constitution, Says Nah to Senate

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:27:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama appointed Senate confirmed positions while bypassing the Senate completely. You can't do that! This is ridiculous! In the words of Mark Levin "We have a Constitutional Crisis!".

Thoughts?
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:31:30 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:27:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Obama appointed Senate confirmed positions while bypassing the Senate completely. You can't do that! This is ridiculous! In the words of Mark Levin "We have a Constitutional Crisis!".

Thoughts?

America is falling apart. :C
No more good leaders.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:32:23 PM

Thoughts?

What? I really don't know what your talking about.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:35:56 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:32:23 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Thoughts?

"President Barack Obama has caused a "constitutional crisis" by appointing members to the National Labor Relations Board and a director to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau without going through the constitutionally required Senate confirmation process."

http://cnsnews.com...
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:38:46 PM

Thoughts?

Gotta say, I find that ironic (though true) coming from Levin, who couldn't give a sh*t about the Constitution when it comes to foreign policy or domestic policy when Republicans are in control. Presidential war powers, Patriot Act, War on Drugs... If he were a real constitutional scholar he'd be calling out those current policies. But he's a neoconservative so no surprise that he doesn't.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:41:42 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:35:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Thoughts?

"President Barack Obama has caused a "constitutional crisis" by appointing members to the National Labor Relations Board and a director to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau without going through the constitutionally required Senate confirmation process."

President can make appointments without Senate approval during recess:
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:41:53 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:38:46 PM, jat93 wrote:

Thoughts?

Gotta say, I find that ironic (though true) coming from Levin, who couldn't give a sh*t about the Constitution when it comes to foreign policy or domestic policy when Republicans are in control. Presidential war powers, Patriot Act, War on Drugs... If he were a real constitutional scholar he'd be calling out those current policies. But he's a neoconservative so no surprise that he doesn't.

Well you know how we are :)

Anyways, Consitutionality is always bendable in war time, its the precedent set in this country.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:48:31 PM
stupid liberals
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 3:49:47 AM
If the appointment had not been made, the NLRB would be shut down automatically for not having a full quorum.

If there is ever a justification for a recess appointment, it is when without that appointment, part of the government will be shut down without consideration for the cost or benefit to the public.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 8:43:00 AM
Well.........really? I don't like Obama, but is he really doing something that is impeachable? Sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm not sure how serious this is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 8:43:52 AM

Thoughts?

Bush pushed over 120 of these appointments through without Senate approval. Were you crying for impeachment then?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 10:10:04 AM
At 1/6/2012 8:43:52 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Thoughts?

Bush pushed over 120 of these appointments through without Senate approval. Were you crying for impeachment then?

Over 120 yet no example or source.

And FYI the right was all over Bush during his 2nd term, which is why McCain lost his first.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 3:08:37 PM
At 1/6/2012 8:43:52 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Thoughts?

You realize that if he had done ANYTHING even vaguely impeachable, the Left would have jumped at the opportunity to impeach him right?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 3:10:26 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:48:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:
stupid liberals

You're really starting to get annoying with this childish rhetoric.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 5:46:38 PM
At 1/6/2012 3:10:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
stupid liberals

: At 1/4/2012 5:28:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
I value your opinion like I value the fecal matter of a cockroach

Yeah I hate it when someone acts like a little kid during a conversation.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 5:56:58 PM
At 1/6/2012 5:46:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
stupid liberals

Real smooth, heres the context of that statement:

At 1/4/2012 5:25:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:
"I also realize that actual intellectual courage is required to examine the truth of something who's falsity is too scary to bear. I also realize that you're much too intellectually lazy and overall close minded to have the course to examine those beliefs and thus I guess I can't hold you up to as high a standard as I would a rational person."

I love how you conveniently leave this all out to dishonestly make the comment appear unprovoked. You were the aggressor, you got the response you deserved, you come back and complain about it. lol this is funny
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 5:58:58 PM
Sorry, ike...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:01:55 PM
At 1/6/2012 5:58:58 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Sorry, ike...

I thought I was rid of you. Go back and harass Izbo through youtube or something, stop cheerleading my opponents. Please.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:03:21 PM
At 1/6/2012 5:56:58 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/6/2012 5:46:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
stupid liberals

Real smooth, heres the context of that statement:

At 1/4/2012 5:25:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:
"I also realize that actual intellectual courage is required to examine the truth of something who's falsity is too scary to bear. I also realize that you're much too intellectually lazy and overall close minded to have the course to examine those beliefs and thus I guess I can't hold you up to as high a standard as I would a rational person."

I love how you conveniently leave this all out to dishonestly make the comment appear unprovoked. You were the aggressor, you got the response you deserved, you come back and complain about it. lol this is funny

Yeeeaaaahhhhh.....I didn't make you act like a child. You provided an argument and refused to defend the first premise even when three of us pointed out that the conclusion didn't follow if you couldn't defend P1. DNinja is right, you act exactly like Izbo who can't possibly fathom someone not thinking that murder is wrong. This is a debate site and if you won't even attempt to defend your arguments you're just wasting everyone else's time making them in the first place.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:06:29 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:01:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
Sorry, ike...

I thought I was rid of you. Go back and harass Izbo through youtube or something, stop cheerleading my opponents. Please.

The quote was too absurd and childish ("fecal matter of a cockroach"?)....but fit enough to enter my new "wall of shame"....

Please refrain from infantile behavior and rhetoric. A better way to frame such a though is, "I don't care what you think" not like the abomination that you just wrote.

Cheerio!

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:11:30 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:06:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 1/6/2012 6:01:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
Sorry, ike...

The quote was too absurd and childish ("fecal matter of a cockroach"?)....but fit enough to enter my new "wall of shame"....

Please refrain from infantile behavior and rhetoric. A better way to frame such a thought is, "I don't care what you think" not like the abomination that you wrote.

Cheerio!

Fixed.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:18:33 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:03:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Yeeeaaaahhhhh.....I didn't make you act like a child. You provided an argument and refused to defend the first premise even when three of us pointed out that the conclusion didn't follow if you couldn't defend P1. DNinja is right, you act exactly like Izbo who can't possibly fathom someone not thinking that murder is wrong. This is a debate site and if you won't even attempt to defend your arguments you're just wasting everyone else's time making them in the first place.

In case you didn't see it the first time, here it is again.

This may be a debate website, but tolerance is not boundless. There comes a point where a position is so absurd and so irrational that entertaining it is neither fun nor informative. You may arrogantly take this rejection for weakness or lack of reason, but that would be your own delusion. I invite you to think so.
also...
Theres a certain basis of agreement upon which any productive argument is founded upon. If that foundation does not exist, you're only wasting my time with aimless bickering. If we cannot agree upon rights and their very existence, then we have no basis upon which to debate any kind of philosophy or ideology, not until we debate the issue of the existence of rights anyway. As I said, I frankly don't feel like it. Thats not my area of interest, and I'm not going to be goaded into arguing it at my own expense as to prove that I reason.

Anyway, its when you say these things, which I suspect are dishonest,....that I tell you how much I actually value your opinion. I don't care what conclusion you imply from my refusal to quibble over a whole different debate, why worry myself over it?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:21:40 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:18:33 PM, 000ike wrote:
I am glad you are more sensible now...(claps in applause).

Note that the comment was not written in a sarcastic vein...

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:27:58 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:21:40 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Knock it off right now. I swear I will not go through the same nonsense again. Izbo is gone and you're bored. If you're not going to debate or argue about anything here, then you might as well leave. You will not police me. You will not bother me. You will not cheerlead my opponents. I'm not going down that aisle again.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:31:12 PM
stupid liberals

lol ok I'll fix that...when did I write that...must have been tired I am usually not that dumb, sorry bout that. Liberals aren't dumb btw
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:31:16 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:27:58 PM, 000ike wrote:

Knock it off right now. I swear I will not go through the same nonsense again. Izbo is gone and you're bored. If you're not going to debate or argue about anything here, then you might as well leave. You will not police me. You will not bother me. You will not cheerlead my opponents. I'm not going down that aisle again.

You're quite overacting to this mild case of a discussion, ike....

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:31:59 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:31:16 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

You're quite overeacting to this mild case of a discussion, ike....

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:41:07 PM

Youre obviously fine with people not arguing or defending their positions.
:
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 6:43:34 PM
At 1/6/2012 6:41:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Youre obviously fine with people not arguing or defending their positions.

Enough of this, fine, would you like to debate it?