Total Posts:148|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Death Of Conservatism *

inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:22:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Last night on the OReilly Factor, Bill gave us a very interesting commentary on how many Americans are still Conservative. The numbers are down, and the latest poll shows that most people here are casually Liberals, and are mainly socially Conservative. That number was 31% to 28%, and the Libs had the highest number of the two. So we are at 31% now. How about that ladies and gents ?
It seems that the influence of the Republican Party is fading fast, and that comes from lack of diversity and change. They are obstructionists and are natural born ideologues. They are in favor of the rich, and they despise the youth and the poor.
This is the issue here as of today. America will continue to embrace the ideology of the Democratic Party as they cater more to humanitarianism. They are empathetic and progressive. So this gives them the clear advantage when it comes to party affiliation and political influence. Do you agree ? I am here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:40:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
That is until a Party rises up and creates a 1984 type State.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:40:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, just because many are independent doesn't mean that they aren't conservative.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:52:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 9:40:53 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Also, just because many are independent doesn't mean that they aren't conservative.

They are not claiming to be Conservative. Most people would rather not admit that they are. Why take pride in something that is destined to fail. It already has failed.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:53:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 9:52:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 9:40:53 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Also, just because many are independent doesn't mean that they aren't conservative.

They are not claiming to be Conservative. Most people would rather not admit that they are. Why take pride in something that is destined to fail. It already has failed.

Dude... I watched Oreilly Yesterday

He said nothing about conservatism. It was all about whether or not affiliation with the two main parties is increasing or decreasing.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 10:03:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 9:53:35 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 9:52:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 9:40:53 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Also, just because many are independent doesn't mean that they aren't conservative.

They are not claiming to be Conservative. Most people would rather not admit that they are. Why take pride in something that is destined to fail. It already has failed.

Dude... I watched Oreilly Yesterday

He said nothing about conservatism. It was all about whether or not affiliation with the two main parties is increasing or decreasing.

Yes he did. It was from the introduction to his show. That poll showed that as of right now more Americans are Liberals. They are up by 2% ! This should not come as a shock to you as you are continuing to be spoonfed incompetence from the Grand Ole Party.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:11:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

Oh they are very Conservative indeed. But they are now part of the Neo Con regime. It is too extreme for the average American living today.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:14:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:11:30 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

Oh they are very Conservative indeed. But they are now part of the Neo Con regime. It is too extreme for the average American living today.

About as extreme as lemonade in the shade... shadey deals till the money runs out.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:29:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.

Tea Party takes the cake.

Thanks, but I would rather not legitimize anything farther right because that would mean sanctioning a Neo-Nazi political movement.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:31:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:29:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.

Tea Party takes the cake.

Thanks, but I would rather not legitimize anything farther right because that would mean sanctioning a Neo-Nazi political movement.

Well said my friend.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:33:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Conservatism is dead. They hate gays, Women, the American youth, progressiveness, movements, and anti-capitalist. All throughout history these civilizations have contributed to the diversity and Democracy of our country.
The Republicans on the other hand, would like to rewrite history and take us back to the days of segregation and slavery.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:48:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:33:37 AM, inferno wrote:
Conservatism is dead. They hate gays, Women, the American youth, progressiveness, movements, and anti-capitalist. All throughout history these civilizations have contributed to the diversity and Democracy of our country.
The Republicans on the other hand, would like to rewrite history and take us back to the days of segregation and slavery.

Don't confuse your list with lazy people.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 11:49:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:48:53 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:33:37 AM, inferno wrote:
Conservatism is dead. They hate gays, Women, the American youth, progressiveness, movements, and anti-capitalist. All throughout history these civilizations have contributed to the diversity and Democracy of our country.
The Republicans on the other hand, would like to rewrite history and take us back to the days of segregation and slavery.

Don't confuse your list with lazy people.

That includes you.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:00:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 9:22:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Last night on the OReilly Factor, Bill gave us a very interesting commentary on how many Americans are still Conservative. The numbers are down, and the latest poll shows that most people here are casually Liberals, and are mainly socially Conservative. That number was 31% to 28%, and the Libs had the highest number of the two. So we are at 31% now. How about that ladies and gents ?
It seems that the influence of the Republican Party is fading fast, and that comes from lack of diversity and change. They are obstructionists and are natural born ideologues. They are in favor of the rich, and they despise the youth and the poor.
This is the issue here as of today. America will continue to embrace the ideology of the Democratic Party as they cater more to humanitarianism. They are empathetic and progressive. So this gives them the clear advantage when it comes to party affiliation and political influence. Do you agree ? I am here.

Libertarianism is on the rise. Many people are beginning to see the two-party system as broken and that both parties are generally bought and paid for. I'm willing to bet that four years from now, around 15% of the Republican Party will identify as libertarian or very libertarian leaning, and that will only grow since libertarians are most passionate about spreading their message.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:01:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 12:00:13 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 1/10/2012 9:22:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Last night on the OReilly Factor, Bill gave us a very interesting commentary on how many Americans are still Conservative. The numbers are down, and the latest poll shows that most people here are casually Liberals, and are mainly socially Conservative. That number was 31% to 28%, and the Libs had the highest number of the two. So we are at 31% now. How about that ladies and gents ?
It seems that the influence of the Republican Party is fading fast, and that comes from lack of diversity and change. They are obstructionists and are natural born ideologues. They are in favor of the rich, and they despise the youth and the poor.
This is the issue here as of today. America will continue to embrace the ideology of the Democratic Party as they cater more to humanitarianism. They are empathetic and progressive. So this gives them the clear advantage when it comes to party affiliation and political influence. Do you agree ? I am here.

Libertarianism is on the rise. Many people are beginning to see the two-party system as broken and that both parties are generally bought and paid for. I'm willing to bet that four years from now, around 15% of the Republican Party will identify as libertarian or very libertarian leaning, and that will only grow since libertarians are most passionate about spreading their message.

Yes that is true. But until they can make a profound impact on national elections, it means nothing. They will be every bit as obsolete as the Independents.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:17:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 11:29:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.

Tea Party takes the cake.

Thanks, but I would rather not legitimize anything farther right because that would mean sanctioning a Neo-Nazi political movement.

Nazism is far left.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:19:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 12:17:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:29:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.

Tea Party takes the cake.

Thanks, but I would rather not legitimize anything farther right because that would mean sanctioning a Neo-Nazi political movement.

Nazism is far left.

Stop trolling.

Nazism, the common short form name of National Socialism (German: Nationalsozialismus) was the ideology and practice of the Nazi Party and of Nazi Germany.[1][2][3][4] It is a unique variety of fascism that incorporates biological racism and antisemitism.[5]

Nazism was founded out of elements of the far-right racist völkisch German nationalist movement and the violent anti-communist Freikorps paramilitary culture that fought against the uprisings of communist revolutionaries in post-World War I Germany.[6] The ideology was developed first by Anton Drexler and then Adolf Hitler as a means to draw workers away from communism and into völkisch nationalism.[7] Initially Nazi political strategy focused on anti-big business, anti-bourgeois, and anti-capitalist rhetoric, though such aspects were later downplayed in the 1930s to gain the support from industrial owners for the Nazis; focus was shifted to anti-Semitic and anti-Marxist themes.[8]
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:30:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 12:17:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:29:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.

Tea Party takes the cake.

Thanks, but I would rather not legitimize anything farther right because that would mean sanctioning a Neo-Nazi political movement.

Nazism is far left.

What did you say ? Oh, I thought you said Liberals were Nazis. That sounds almost as stupid as I shot myself.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:46:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 12:17:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:29:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:22:12 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/10/2012 11:15:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/10/2012 10:56:46 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
GoP is hardley conservative anymore.

I'd call them moderates slightly leaning right. We need a far right party.

You need a Far Right Wing party like a crackhead needs a hit.

Tea Party takes the cake.

Thanks, but I would rather not legitimize anything farther right because that would mean sanctioning a Neo-Nazi political movement.

Nazism is far left.

I'm pretty sure we already discussed this.

Nazism is fascism, which does not recognize, and in fact, rejects political parties and bipartisan ideology. Hitler gave the German people an option between socialism and fascism and they chose fascism.

He was widely questioned regarding this core contradiction with his 25 Points. He refused to comment on the issue, and well, a fascist dictator cannot be contradicted.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 1:49:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 12:46:21 PM, Ren wrote:
I'm pretty sure we already discussed this.

Nazism is fascism, which does not recognize, and in fact, rejects political parties and bipartisan ideology. Hitler gave the German people an option between socialism and fascism and they chose fascism.

He was widely questioned regarding this core contradiction with his 25 Points. He refused to comment on the issue, and well, a fascist dictator cannot be contradicted.

This is true, but to call conservatives or liberals fascist nazis is FUN!
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 2:23:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 1:49:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/10/2012 12:46:21 PM, Ren wrote:
I'm pretty sure we already discussed this.

Nazism is fascism, which does not recognize, and in fact, rejects political parties and bipartisan ideology. Hitler gave the German people an option between socialism and fascism and they chose fascism.

He was widely questioned regarding this core contradiction with his 25 Points. He refused to comment on the issue, and well, a fascist dictator cannot be contradicted.

This is true, but to call conservatives or liberals fascist nazis is FUN!

Are you a Nazi. Now that was fun. Ha, ha, ha.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 2:51:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Because the government is just a group of average people they aren't super human, they aren't god... They can't help anyone they can't even run themselves!
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 2:57:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 2:46:18 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
inferno

How do you think things sould be? Are you socialist? Pro big gov't? Or what?

Not a socialist. I believe in capitalism done correctly. I think people should be rewarded for that to and if you pay taxes and is a consumer of goods.
I think Government is too big right now and should be downsized.
Read my profile if you want to know about where I stand.
Im straight down the middle.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 2:51:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Because the government is just a group of average people they aren't super human, they aren't god... They can't help anyone they can't even run themselves!

True. We must thus create a participatory democracy in which everyone is equal.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 3:05:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/10/2012 3:01:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/10/2012 2:51:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Because the government is just a group of average people they aren't super human, they aren't god... They can't help anyone they can't even run themselves!

True. We must thus create a participatory democracy in which everyone is equal.

... We have that?
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 3:07:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
According to Gallup polls 41% self-identifying as conservative, 36% as moderate, and 21% as liberal.

http://www.gallup.com...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle