Jump to topic:

Pointless to vote anyone else

tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:55:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think it is pointless for any Republican voter to vote for anybody but Romney. It is just taking cash and time away from Romney. If he stands any chance verse President Obama, the primary needs to "end" early. If not, he will have even a slimmer chance of beating President Obama.

Does everyone agree?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 9:09:09 PM
I'd say it's more pointless to vote for Romney, because he's basically Obama but packaged as a Republican. People ironically vote for Romney because they think he's the only one who can beat Obama, but he'll be destroyed in the election because of his work at Bain Capital. Ron Paul, meanwhile, also polls well against Obama, but was also appealing enough to Democrats to come in second in their New Hampshire primary as well as that of Republicans.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 9:55:05 PM
At 1/12/2012 9:09:09 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'd say it's more pointless to vote for Romney, because he's basically Obama but packaged as a Republican. People ironically vote for Romney because they think he's the only one who can beat Obama, but he'll be destroyed in the election because of his work at Bain Capital. Ron Paul, meanwhile, also polls well against Obama, but was also appealing enough to Democrats to come in second in their New Hampshire primary as well as that of Republicans.

Ask anyone what Bain Capital is, no one has a clue, Romney is currently the leader of the race in support and since Paul is unchanged and Gingrich and Santorum are falling, its only a matter of time now...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:06:26 PM
At 1/12/2012 9:55:05 PM, imabench wrote:

Ask anyone what Bain Capital is, no one has a clue

I'll bet the people fired by Bain Capital know what it is, and some PACs have been raising awareness of it.

Romney is currently the leader of the race in support and since Paul is unchanged and Gingrich and Santorum are falling, its only a matter of time now...

Paul can still gain support from others as other Anti-Romneys fail.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:10:15 PM

Since the obvious result shall be Obama v. Romney, how about you do this nation a favor and pick the clearly better of the 2....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:20:13 PM
I'll bet the people fired by Bain Capital know what it is, and some PACs have been raising awareness of it.

I am not going to vote for Romney, however, I am an advocate of truth, whatever that may be. Bain Capital is an investment company, think Warren Buffet, he does the exact same thing. Is it practical for any company to never fire employees? Is it not smart to fire an employee, to save the company, which saves many more employees? Bain Capital is huge, they have taken over many different companies, it is par for the course for employees to be fired.

Mitt Romney is not lying when he says he has experience in the private sector. Right now Bain Capital manages approximently 66 billion, that is astounding. It is clear Mitt Romney has experience in the private sector. I don't blame him for making money, I look at it as a positive. He has clearly been successful in the private sector. Rather that translates well to politics or not, I don't know. I just don't see a problem with him working for Bain Capital.

Can somebody enlighten me on what the problem is? I understand it will be an effective tool for President Obama, as most people don't think through their vote.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:50:26 PM

Acually I looked up his record at Bain Capital and it is spotless, great even. Spoon fed lies by the media. How's it taste? Do your own research. That company was a great success.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:08:26 PM
My number 1 choice = rick santorum
my 2=gingrich
my 3= paul

Maybe paul is more of a second as gingrich is crazed. So paul second. Even huntsman over Romney. Paul could beat obama, but may fail in debates.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:17:40 PM
I agree that Romney's gonna win at this point. Ron Paul coming second at Iowa was huge. I knew that if he didnt get first, the media would have an excuse to continue to ignore him and never mention his name. If he won Iowa, the media would have no choice but to talk about him, and the heightened popularity would propel him to more victories. But by losing Iowa, the media is able to continue their measures of never mentioning his name, which makes it really hard for him to win any primaries now.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:20:48 PM
lol - Gingrich, Santorum, and Perry HATE Romney for being the exact thing their party wants to promote and protect. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:51:19 PM
At 1/12/2012 10:10:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
Since the obvious result shall be Obama v. Romney, how about you do this nation a favor and pick the clearly better of the 2....

Which one is clearly better? I can't even tell the difference. Neither will do anything about stopping the Drug War, neither will end American foreign wars and imperialism. In fact, I can't think of anything substantive in which they disagree.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:54:05 AM
At 1/12/2012 4:55:13 PM, tyler90az wrote:
I think it is pointless for any Republican voter to vote for anybody but Romney. It is just taking cash and time away from Romney. If he stands any chance verse President Obama, the primary needs to "end" early. If not, he will have even a slimmer chance of beating President Obama.

Does everyone agree?

No I don't agree. Sheeple following the media telling them who is most electable is how the party got hijacked. People should vote their values and morals, not the person who the talking heads say has the best shot of winning.