Jump to topic:

8-Person Politics Debate Tournament W/ winner

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:29:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is different than the previous one because there will be one clear-cut winner

Here is how the debate will be set up:

1 vs. 8
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6
4 vs. 5

In this debate tournament, 1, 2, 3, and 4 each sign up first and pick a topic that they want to debate. Like when number 1 signs up, he or she puts his or her profile name and his or her debate topic and his or her position on that topic.

Now seeds 5, 6, 7, and 8 can only sign up once their assigned opponents (like if number 1 has signed up, only seed number 8 can be taken) have stated their profile name, debate topic, and position, and of course, your views must differ.

Once into Round 2, the same thing happens. The two highest remaining seeds pick a different debate topic and stance, and the two lowest seeds accept the differing stance (there is little chance that you people can not find one topic to debate, even if you belong to the same political party).

Once into Round 3, the highest seed again picks a different topic and stance, and the lowest seed accepts the same they disagree on.

RULES: Only debate topic from the BIG issues can be used (i.e. abortion, civil unions, etc..). And once the four highest seeds pick a topic, you MUST differ in stance on that topic. This will be more of a problem in Rounds 2 and 3.

Here is the sign-up sheet:

Instigators:
1:
2:
3:
4:

Contenders:
5:
6:
7:
8:
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:31:00 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:29:35 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
This is different than the previous one because there will be one clear-cut winner

1 vs. 8
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6
4 vs. 5

In this debate tournament, 1, 2, 3, and 4 each sign up first and pick a topic that they want to debate. Like when number 1 signs up, he or she puts his or her profile name and his or her debate topic and his or her position on that topic.

Now seeds 5, 6, 7, and 8 can only sign up once their assigned opponents (like if number 1 has signed up, only seed number 8 can be taken) have stated their profile name, debate topic, and position, and of course, your views must differ.

Once into Round 2, the same thing happens. The two highest remaining seeds pick a different debate topic and stance, and the two lowest seeds accept the differing stance (there is little chance that you people can not find one topic to debate, even if you belong to the same political party).

Once into Round 3, the highest seed again picks a different topic and stance, and the lowest seed accepts the same they disagree on.

RULES: Only debate topic from the BIG issues can be used (i.e. abortion, civil unions, etc..). And once the four highest seeds pick a topic, you MUST differ in stance on that topic. This will be more of a problem in Rounds 2 and 3.

Instigators:
1:
2:
3:
4:

Contenders:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Does this mean that the other one is cancelled?
President of DDO
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:33:27 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:31:00 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

1 vs. 8
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6
4 vs. 5

Instigators:
1:
2:
3:
4:

Contenders:
5:
6:
7:
8:

No. I wanted to instigate one with entirely different political opinions (the first one), and on this one, a debater can find another debater that agrees with them on all but one topic, and still debate. I just started this one so I could have a clear-cut winner. This previous one is NOT CANCELLED.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:34:48 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:33:27 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/12/2012 7:31:00 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

1 vs. 8
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6
4 vs. 5

Instigators:
1:
2:
3:
4:

Contenders:
5:
6:
7:
8:

No. I wanted to instigate one with entirely different political opinions (the first one), and on this one, a debater can find another debater that agrees with them on all but one topic, and still debate. I just started this one so I could have a clear-cut winner. This previous one is NOT CANCELLED.

Cool. I may sign up for this one later. But, I have already signed up for your other two debate tourneys. I'll see if I have time. For now, I'm just gonnna stick with the other 2.
President of DDO
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 5:31:53 AM
I can not be here to answer questions, but I need to revive this forum so the tournament can have all 8 debaters. Stay tuned.