Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Can someone tell me the good side of obama?

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:37:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Like really how is he a good president? All of you DDO members here that are familiar with me can guess I dislike obama. So really tell me his pluses, then let's converse.

my thesis is he is a bad president.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:40:46 PM
Racist.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:47:09 PM
NOOO! Don't do it.

Liberal:

blah blah blah spending
blah blah blah inherited all his problems
blah blah blah bad congress (not for the first two years btw)
blah blah blah fake jobs created
blah blah blah blah blah blah...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:48:27 PM
He did repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:51:10 PM
At 1/12/2012 11:48:27 PM, mongoose wrote:

I know, now those poor gays will be openly abused and marginilized by the straight marines... openly thought so that's a plus
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:51:30 PM
At 1/12/2012 11:37:36 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Like really how is he a good president? All of you DDO members here that are familiar with me can guess I dislike obama. So really tell me his pluses, then let's converse.

Smart.
Educated.
Understands the role of government.
Understands Keynesian economics.
Some foreign Policy is great.
Aided in killing Osama.
Understands the Middle Class.
Fights for equal rights.
Helped ended DADT.

I could go on and on!!! He is not perfect but is better than Bush, and better than anyone of those crazies int he republican running (outside of Huntsman)
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:52:23 PM
At 1/12/2012 11:51:10 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I know, now those poor gays will be openly abused and marginilized by the straight marines...

I was in the military, and this will not happen.

openly thought so that's a plus
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:52:43 PM
At 1/12/2012 11:51:30 PM, comoncents wrote:

Smart.
Educated.
Aided in killing Osama.
Fights for equal rights.
Helped ended DADT.

I could go on and on!!! He is not perfect but is better than Bush, and better than anyone of those crazies int he republican running (outside of Huntsman)

OMG are you dumb, trolling or do you actually believe this crap? :O I'm shocked...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:53:13 PM
At 1/12/2012 11:52:23 PM, comoncents wrote:

I know, now those poor gays will be openly abused and marginilized by the straight marines...

So is my family and it does...
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:12:34 AM
HATER!
.Oh yeah? Let's do this! He has kept his promise of ending the costly Iraqi War. He made 3.6 million jobs come back again by bring unemployment down 1%! Obama passed the economic stimulus which helped preserve jobs in education, law enforcement, and other vital jobs that the states could not handle in the midst of the recession when it was at its worse. Obama has shown he can compromise and work with the Republican Party when he agreed to extend the bush tax cuts while also extending unemployment benefits to those who were still struggling to find a job in the aftermath of the recession.He signed a new START treaty with Russia to reduce the nuclear arsenals of both countries by half, a great and important step in the quest for world peace and also the proliferation of nuclear weapons... As for world peace Barack Obama also authorized the operations that took out the top figures of Al Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden and his replacement Atiyah Abd al-Rahman. Obama also limited US involvement in the Libyan Civil War but he did authorize the use of drones and robotic attacks to greatly help the country dispose of its longtime psychotic leader Gaddafi, a leader who denounced democracy and has been proven to have funded terrorists.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:12:37 AM

Smart.
Educated.
Aided in killing Osama.
Fights for equal rights.
Helped ended DADT.

most of that doesn't appeal. BTW he didn't help kill osama just signed a paper
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:16:05 AM

For the people, not corporations

Healthcare

Support of people protests around the world

For the lower and middle class

For education of all Americans

Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act

Supports Veterans

Stopped economy from getting worse

Supports Community Colleges

Attempting to reform failed k-12 education

For energy independence

Brought troops home from Iraq

Reducing Nuclear weapons
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:17:10 AM
At 1/13/2012 12:12:34 AM, Viper-King wrote:
HATER!
.Oh yeah? Let's do this! He has kept his promise of ending the costly Iraqi War. He made 3.6 million jobs come back again by bring unemployment down 1%! Obama passed the economic stimulus which helped preserve jobs in education, law enforcement, and other vital jobs that the states could not handle in the midst of the recession when it was at its worse. Obama has shown he can compromise and work with the Republican Party when he agreed to extend the bush tax cuts while also extending unemployment benefits to those who were still struggling to find a job in the aftermath of the recession.He signed a new START treaty with Russia to reduce the nuclear arsenals of both countries by half, a great and important step in the quest for world peace and also the proliferation of nuclear weapons... As for world peace Barack Obama also authorized the operations that took out the top figures of Al Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden and his replacement Atiyah Abd al-Rahman. Obama also limited US involvement in the Libyan Civil War but he did authorize the use of drones and robotic attacks to greatly help the country dispose of its longtime psychotic leader Gaddafi, a leader who denounced democracy and has been proven to have funded terrorists.

He ended the iraqi war after the was supposed too. Unemployment now is worse then under bush. We are 14 trillion dollars in debt. He jut signed the paper to kill osama. He actually involvement Libya more then I wanted. He attacked more countries then bus (via drones) also his involvement w/ Libya was costly. He has done nothing to end nukes. He bowed to saudi Arabian king. He let the taxes expire and the unemployment benefits are nanny state regulations. Also here are some of his failed promises: http://www.politifact.com...
P.S. Obama has a poor foreign policy.

any questions?
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:17:46 AM
I also want to point out he is willing to wok with Republicans. In my opinion, that is a major plus for him, he needs to be willing to work with people who disagree with him.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:20:45 AM

I know, now those poor gays will be openly abused and marginilized by the straight marines... openly thought so that's a plus

So you support DADT?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:23:56 AM
Oh my god! He did the START treaty to help out peace. Compromising Republicans and Democrats is not what Rick Santorum's gonna do. The closest is Jon Huntsman. He brought unemployment down from 10% to 9%! He actually ended the war unlike what the Republicans would do. And he fought against dictatorship! He did what was the right thing to do.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:31:58 AM
At 1/13/2012 12:23:56 AM, Viper-King wrote:
Oh my god! He did the START treaty to help out peace. Compromising Republicans and Democrats is not what Rick Santorum's gonna do. The closest is Jon Huntsman. He brought unemployment down from 10% to 9%! He actually ended the war unlike what the Republicans would do. And he fought against dictatorship! He did what was the right thing to do.

Hmm. What is this 'dictatorship' you are talking about?

*Btw, are we talking about Santorum or obama?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 10:33:18 AM
At 1/13/2012 12:16:05 AM, tyler90az wrote:

For the people, not corporations

Healthcare

Projected to bankrupt the country

really? how's syria going? and egypt? Great places right?

Middle Class? Really? He wants to raise 1 billion dollars for his campaign throws secret parties, spends with deficit spending every year etc. he is SO in touch with the REAL America isnt he?

how exactly? just because he said "Im for education".

Anti-Capitalist big government nonsense, and you wonder why our jobs are fleeing the country... tsk tsk

Supports Veterans

Doesn't every presdient???

Can you tell my future too? There's no way to know that. How does throwing money at the project make it better! The stupidity is endless.

Now you're trolling...

Really? How? I thought education was a state thing... hmm I could be wrong though.. wait no my teachers definitely work for the State of Florida.

For energy independence

The moretorium on drilling, stopping the Keystone pipeline, refusing to let us drill in ANWAR, attacking "big oil" all the time... wow he's got a great record.

Just like Bush scheduled.

Reducing Nuclear weapons
Simply fantastic :) our last defense, lets dump it.

OMG I can't believe this junk. Do you actually believe the stuff that just came out of your mouth?!?!

I dont know whether to be shocked, outraged or scared at your incompetance...
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 11:23:25 AM
Healthcare

Projected to bankrupt the country

Proof?

President Obama doesn't believe people should die and get ripped off on health insurance!

really? how's syria going? and egypt? Great places right?

And? Did America not have to cause havoc to become free from Great Britain arm? Are you opposed to freedom for people?

Middle Class? Really? He wants to raise 1 billion dollars for his campaign throws secret parties, spends with deficit spending every year etc. he is SO in touch with the REAL America isnt he?

How does that have anything to do with being for the middle class?

how exactly? just because he said "Im for education".

Pell grants, supports teachers, money for good schools etc.

He wants everybody to be smart, not just rich people...

Anti-Capitalist big government nonsense, and you wonder why our jobs are fleeing the country... tsk tsk

Your obviously for regular people getting abused?

Supports Veterans

Doesn't every presdient???

Yes, but he has proved it! Updated the post 9/11 GI bill and refuses to take money from the VA.

Can you tell my future too? There's no way to know that. How does throwing money at the project make it better! The stupidity is endless.

No, but, logic tells you that if the steps were not taken we would in a worse situation.

No, it is a major thing and shows he is for the people. It shows that he wants education for all. Vice President Bidens wife is a community college teacher.

Really? How? I thought education was a state thing... hmm I could be wrong though.. wait no my teachers definitely work for the State of Florida.

He is the President he has great influence..... He has also given money to schools who have tried to rein ovate education.

For energy independence

The moretorium on drilling, stopping the Keystone pipeline, refusing to let us drill in ANWAR, attacking "big oil" all the time... wow he's got a great record.

Oil dependency is a killer and he recognizes that.

Just like Bush scheduled.

President Obama would never even have sent them to Iraq.

Reducing Nuclear weapons
Simply fantastic :) our last defense, lets dump it.

Simply fantastic :) lets eliminate all humans.

I dont know whether to be shocked, outraged or scared at your incompetance...

What it really boils down to is if you care about your own well being over corporations and the wealthy. Do you care about yourself? Do you want a better America? If you answered yes to any of those, President Obama is the answer. I believe in giving presidents 8 years to make things happen. If the country is still going down hill next election, I will vote for a different party. Is it wise to remove somebody from office before they have a chance to fully implement their plan?

Example that Republicans have proven not to be for the people...

Continue to lower taxes on wealthy

Will not eliminate corporate tax loopholes

Does not recognize wealth disparity in America

Will let middle class die out

Does not care about abuse on wall street

I think even a blind man can see, Republicans are for corporations and the wealthy. A reason they get so many of the votes is because of the religious right. I hate to say it people are stupid. Just because you are Christian doesn't mean you have to vote for a Republican.

Vote for President Obama, a peoples President
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 11:53:27 AM
At 1/13/2012 11:23:25 AM, tyler90az wrote:

I think even a blind man can see, Republicans are for corporations and the wealthy. A reason they get so many of the votes is because of the religious right. I hate to say it people are stupid. Just because you are Christian doesn't mean you have to vote for a Republican.

While that is true to some extent, voting democrat doesn't solve the problem. Democratic presidents are just as influenced by the corporations.

At the end of the day, the president is pretty much just a puppet. Sure, sometimes presidents come along and make big changes but ultimately the system is too effed up for this to make a large scale difference.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:03:34 PM
At 1/13/2012 11:53:27 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/13/2012 11:23:25 AM, tyler90az wrote:

While that is true to some extent, voting democrat doesn't solve the problem. Democratic presidents are just as influenced by the corporations.

That is true, as much as I attacked Republicans last post, I am not even a Democrat.

At the end of the day, the president is pretty much just a puppet. Sure, sometimes presidents come along and make big changes but ultimately the system is too effed up for this to make a large scale difference.

I think you are generally right.....
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:10:16 PM

his good side? well, assuming I'm standing in the door of the white house, his good side is the back side as he leaves... LOL

really though, he doesn't have many political perks...
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:38:47 PM
At 1/13/2012 12:03:34 PM, tyler90az wrote:

That is true, as much as I attacked Republicans last post, I am not even a Democrat.

so what is different about obama?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:47:50 PM
At 1/13/2012 11:32:41 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
it really doesn't matter who the president is. he's a handsome face and a nice voice.

+1.5
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 1:24:56 PM

wasn't the whole point of don't ask don't tell, to prevent discrimination, and keep the units working together?

You can't ban individual discrimination, but you can prevent it, by hiding what is being discriminated against.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 1:26:21 PM
At 1/12/2012 11:52:23 PM, comoncents wrote:

actually there have been cases were sailors have been killed by their shipmates, because their shipmate's suspected they might be gay.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 1:43:13 PM

Smart.
Most Serial killers have high IQs; want to elect them?
Educated.

Most Presidential Candidates are well educated, Ron Paul has a doctorate's degree

Obama flunked out of college, only to be admitted into a better college based on his skin color.

No he doesn't; He thinks the role of government is to provide for the people, whereas the role of Government, according to the principles in which this nation was founded on, is to protect the life, liberty, and property, of the people.

He understands the idea behind Keynesian economics.
Too bad he doesn't understand Keynesian economics don't work.

Nice of you to give an example
Aided in killing Osama.
How so? Last I checked all he did was give the order, based on Intel from a Bush policy, than dumped the body at sea, and refuse to release photos, because he was afraid they would be too "offensive". By the way, he shouldn't have given Osama Islamic funeral rights, his victims were granted no such respect.
No, he understands the Lower Class, he flips off the Middle Class; unless you ar talking about the Middle class teenager wearing a che shirt.
Fights for equal rights.
No he fights or social Justice; there is a difference.
Helped ended DADT.
Now gays in the military can be discriminated against; oh joy