Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your View On Dr Martin Luther King *

inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 11:49:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What do you think about the legacy of Dr Martin Luther King. Monday is the holiday.
So do you think that things being what they are now, would please him.
Or would he be disappointed in America as it stands today.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:49:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think it is hypocritical that we continue to celebrate him with a holiday while still refusing to accept blacks as equal citizens under the law.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 1:08:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/13/2012 12:49:51 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I think it is hypocritical that we continue to celebrate him with a holiday while still refusing to accept blacks as equal citizens under the law.

lol what?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 1:15:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/13/2012 11:49:35 AM, inferno wrote:
What do you think about the legacy of Dr Martin Luther King. Monday is the holiday.
So do you think that things being what they are now, would please him.
Or would he be disappointed in America as it stands today.

I like what he stood for in regards to equal rights, but the more I read about him the more I don't like.
The reason we picked King to embody the civil rights movement, was because he was influential, black, and martyred. He did little good within the white community, and his death made the division worse, as many of his followers became violent, regardless of his advocacy of nonviolence.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 1:25:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Personally, I greatly admire Dr. King for his advancements of colored people.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:18:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/13/2012 1:25:59 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
Personally, I greatly admire Dr. King for his advancements of colored people.

I greatly admire his advancements of racial equality among all people.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:20:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:18:45 PM, Contra wrote:
At 1/13/2012 1:25:59 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
Personally, I greatly admire Dr. King for his advancements of colored people.

I greatly admire his advancements of racial equality among all people.

this ^
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:20:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I heard he plagiarized his doctoral thesis.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:27:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:20:23 PM, Reasoning wrote:
I heard he plagiarized his doctoral thesis.

undecided on him now
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:50:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:20:11 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:18:45 PM, Contra wrote:
At 1/13/2012 1:25:59 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
Personally, I greatly admire Dr. King for his advancements of colored people.

I greatly admire his advancements of racial equality among all people.

this ^

This ^ +1
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 9:49:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:27:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:20:23 PM, Reasoning wrote:
I heard he plagiarized his doctoral thesis.

undecided on him now

So, let me get this straight. If you somehow learned everything there is to know about him and realized that he was a thoroughly perfect man, free of indiscretion or mistake, would the Civil Right's Movement suddenly become validated, and MLK's perspectives regarding them become ultimate truth?

Or, are you saying that allegations that some of the information that MLK used to communicate his points did not originate from him suddenly make those points false, invalidated, or otherwise worthy of being rejected?

My view on Martin Luther King Jr. is that he was a man that did great things. I didn't know him, but what I do know of him, I do like.

Perhaps my feelings would be different if I had read his writings, and this is from where my respect for him derived.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 9:50:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
He invented black guilt anti-White day. Yay, Martin!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 10:02:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:31:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Adulterous fool.

The BOP is on you to prove it
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 10:15:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
He did more for the Civil Rights movement than any other leader of his day, Malcom X, Muhammad Ali, and others contributed, but it was MLK who organized protests, marches, speeches, rallies, and an entire race to demand EQUALITY in a society that forced them into segregation meant to be "separate but equal" but in reality was not.

He was a great man who paid the ultimate price to help his fellow man, and the fact that we have a holiday for him is a great way to honor his deeds, sacrifices, and self endured hardship for the betterment of his fellow man...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:20:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 9:50:35 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
He invented black guilt anti-White day. Yay, Martin!

No. White guilt was invented by certain Whites. Try again.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:40:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 9:49:25 AM, Ren wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:27:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:20:23 PM, Reasoning wrote:
I heard he plagiarized his doctoral thesis.

undecided on him now

So, let me get this straight. If you somehow learned everything there is to know about him and realized that he was a thoroughly perfect man, free of indiscretion or mistake, would the Civil Right's Movement suddenly become validated, and MLK's perspectives regarding them become ultimate truth?


Or, are you saying that allegations that some of the information that MLK used to communicate his points did not originate from him suddenly make those points false, invalidated, or otherwise worthy of being rejected?

My view on Martin Luther King Jr. is that he was a man that did great things. I didn't know him, but what I do know of him, I do like.

Perhaps my feelings would be different if I had read his writings, and this is from where my respect for him derived.

I think flawed people have more street cred when it comes to remembering courageous, historical actions. What is really so special about a perfect person doing perfect things anyway?
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:42:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

Nobody forced you to do anything.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:47:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 11:42:45 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

Nobody forced you to do anything.

My grade, middle and high school experience would deny your proclamation.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:48:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

What about Christopher Columbus Day? What about Presidents' Day? What about Memorial Day and Veterans' Day?

All of these days force you to honor people that you know nothing about.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 11:55:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 11:47:08 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:42:45 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

Nobody forced you to do anything.

My grade, middle and high school experience would deny your proclamation.

Again. You were not forced to do anything. Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Native Ams were all taught things constantly about White history for years and even to this day. I felt no resentment about what I was being taught. So what is your lame excuse ?
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 2:40:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I admire King and his ilk for breaking with factions of his movement that would use violent methods which would have turned public opinion against the civil rights movement.

King and Ghandi both used the media and public opinion to their advantage instead of waging war on them.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 2:53:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 11:48:03 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

What about Christopher Columbus Day? What about Presidents' Day? What about Memorial Day and Veterans' Day?

All of these days force you to honor people that you know nothing about.

Good question.

I was forced to Honor Dr. MLK not becuase he did something great but because he was black. The result of his work, was taxes (money stolen) taken from me to support an errant evil culture (I worked at an early age) and a racist law that gave a job I earned to a black person.

I perceived MLK day as honoring things being stolen from me to support an evil culture.

None of the other federal days accomplished so much with such stigma.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 2:57:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 11:55:01 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:47:08 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:42:45 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

Nobody forced you to do anything.

My grade, middle and high school experience would deny your proclamation.

Again. You were not forced to do anything. Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Native Ams were all taught things constantly about White history for years and even to this day. I felt no resentment about what I was being taught. So what is your lame excuse ?

It is obvious stigma.
We do not celebrate Andrew Jackson's murder of Native Americans on the trail of tears. If we applauded such theft and murder I would certainly elminate such a holiday right along side of any native americans that resented the holiday.

MLK's accomplishments have been marred and co opted by evil people on the otherside. Using MLK for anti-white laws is engendering the hatred.
bhatti1020
Posts: 216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 3:03:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 2:57:48 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:55:01 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:47:08 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:42:45 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

Nobody forced you to do anything.

My grade, middle and high school experience would deny your proclamation.

Again. You were not forced to do anything. Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Native Ams were all taught things constantly about White history for years and even to this day. I felt no resentment about what I was being taught. So what is your lame excuse ?

It is obvious stigma.
We do not celebrate Andrew Jackson's murder of Native Americans on the trail of tears. If we applauded such theft and murder I would certainly elminate such a holiday right along side of any native americans that resented the holiday.

MLK's accomplishments have been marred and co opted by evil people on the otherside. Using MLK for anti-white laws is engendering the hatred.

that black guy might have been just as qualified as you.
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 3:05:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 2:53:47 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:48:03 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

What about Christopher Columbus Day? What about Presidents' Day? What about Memorial Day and Veterans' Day?

All of these days force you to honor people that you know nothing about.

Good question.

I was forced to Honor Dr. MLK not becuase he did something great but because he was black. The result of his work, was taxes (money stolen) taken from me to support an errant evil culture (I worked at an early age) and a racist law that gave a job I earned to a black person.

I perceived MLK day as honoring things being stolen from me to support an evil culture.

None of the other federal days accomplished so much with such stigma.

Yes, MLK's influence in pushing for the end of segregation, the end of unjust murders through lynches, the end of Klan terrorism, and the promotion of African Americans' right to vote was unjust. What an evil, cruel, thief of a man he was. He wanted to make sure that African Americans were actually allowed to live? What a crime! Only Caucasians deserve rights; everyone else should be their slaves.

Gileandos is an idiot.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 3:06:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 2:57:48 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:55:01 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:47:08 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:42:45 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

Nobody forced you to do anything.

My grade, middle and high school experience would deny your proclamation.

Again. You were not forced to do anything. Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Native Ams were all taught things constantly about White history for years and even to this day. I felt no resentment about what I was being taught. So what is your lame excuse ?

It is obvious stigma.
We do not celebrate Andrew Jackson's murder of Native Americans on the trail of tears. If we applauded such theft and murder I would certainly elminate such a holiday right along side of any native americans that resented the holiday.

MLK's accomplishments have been marred and co opted by evil people on the otherside. Using MLK for anti-white laws is engendering the hatred.

I'll trade you MLK day for Columbus Day, and everyone is happy.
bhatti1020
Posts: 216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 3:07:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/17/2012 3:05:37 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/17/2012 2:53:47 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:48:03 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/17/2012 11:34:18 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do love the power of Christianity.
He was a powerful man of God.

Before I get accussed of derailing, he was a Christian minister and cited Christian values to redirect the Christian Church.
Again showing that Christianity is self correcting. Evil people can only coopt Christianity for a time.

That being said,

I do not like the MLK day. It has caused more harm than any good it would have created.
It made me justify my hatred in my youth to be forced to honor a man I knew nothing about.

Now I realize I am an attudist and not a racist. I needed a way to properly evaluate the world around me.

What about Christopher Columbus Day? What about Presidents' Day? What about Memorial Day and Veterans' Day?

All of these days force you to honor people that you know nothing about.

Good question.

I was forced to Honor Dr. MLK not becuase he did something great but because he was black. The result of his work, was taxes (money stolen) taken from me to support an errant evil culture (I worked at an early age) and a racist law that gave a job I earned to a black person.

I perceived MLK day as honoring things being stolen from me to support an evil culture.

None of the other federal days accomplished so much with such stigma.

Yes, MLK's influence in pushing for the end of segregation, the end of unjust murders through lynches, the end of Klan terrorism, and the promotion of African Americans' right to vote was unjust. What an evil, cruel, thief of a man he was. He wanted to make sure that African Americans were actually allowed to live? What a crime! Only Caucasians deserve rights; everyone else should be their slaves.

Gileandos is an idiot.

And only christian,non catholic caucasians from certain european countries
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"