Jump to topic:

Yo, Human Rights Advocates Here's a Challenge

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:46:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Humans are the number one killer of humans besides our own poorly designed physiology and anatomy [AKA: we die of "Natural Causes"], therefore I make it my duty to insist that humans be outlawed and placed squarely under the direct control and usage of the humans which we have appointed to lord over us humans.

Who's with me!
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:04:34 PM
At 1/7/2012 9:19:43 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
If we consult the non-sentient species' happiness as well; if it is immoral to cause them pain or distress; and if the only moral course is the one that brings the most happiness to the most entities; then we as a species have a moral obligation to exterminate ourselves.

And this.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:18:15 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:04:34 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
If we consult the non-sentient species' happiness as well; if it is immoral to cause them pain or distress; and if the only moral course is the one that brings the most happiness to the most entities; then we as a species have a moral obligation to exterminate ourselves.

And this.

Yes!

At 1/14/2012 9:05:12 PM, Wnope wrote:
To quote Charleton Heston:

Guns don't kill people, apes with guns kill people.

Yes!
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:20:59 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:18:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

This is why its pointless to ban guns, we've been killing each other without them since our inception, what difference is it going to make? I'll just make a shank or a repeating crossbow or other such arms.
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:23:17 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:20:59 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

This is why its pointless to ban guns, we've been killing each other without them since our inception, what difference is it going to make? I'll just make a shank or a repeating crossbow or other such arms.

And criminals will get their hands on guns anyway.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:28:03 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:23:17 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

Indeed. I learned how to make a semiautomatic machine-gun when I was 12, its really not that difficult. You would have to regulate the sale of metal tubes to stop manufacture.
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:31:57 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:28:03 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

Indeed. I learned how to make a semiautomatic machine-gun when I was 12, its really not that difficult. You would have to regulate the sale of metal tubes to stop manufacture.

I feel inferior.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 12:32:26 AM

Why not next argue that since we've been killing each other from time immemorial despite the fact that every society has had prohibitions and laws against murder (often enforced by severe penalties) we should therefore take the futilitarian attitude "What difference does it make if unjustifiable homicide is illegal, people are gonna whack their neighbor anyway?"? Well, of course the answer is that although laws against the crime of murder haven't prevented all murders they certainly have an effect. If we declared it open season on our fellow man, well, I'm sure that at least a few more unfortunate men and women would be violently sent to an early and tragic grave. Likewise, banning guns won't result in the total prevention of gun and violent crime, but once the number of guns in society have been significantly reduced it certainly will reduce the number of shootings – and this is a sufficiently probable and good outcome to merit giving a ban on guns serious consideration. Glibly observing that people with murder in their hearts would simply fashion shanks and crossbows is just an expression of cynicism and pessimism, the cynical and pessimistic belief that human beings are incorrigibly naughty & nefarious creatures who are always going to be naughty & nefarious and that there's nothing at all that can be done about this. Such cynicism can feel like tough-minded realism, but it's really just an unconstructive, and simplistic, and sometimes borderline misogynistic retreatism from our social and moral responsibility to one another to create a safer & saner, kinder & gentler form of society.

(For more thoughts and arguments along these lines visit my debate.)
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:05:17 AM
At 1/14/2012 8:46:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Humans are the number one killer of humans besides our own poorly designed physiology and anatomy [AKA: we die of "Natural Causes"], therefore I make it my duty to insist that humans be outlawed and placed squarely under the direct control and usage of the humans which we have appointed to lord over us humans.

Who's with me!

save the world kill the humans...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:22:08 AM

And this.

We kill each other. Thus we should kill each other before we have a chance to kill each other. A fine motto.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 9:40:55 AM
At 1/14/2012 9:31:57 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 9:48:09 AM
At 1/15/2012 12:32:26 AM, charleslb wrote:

Why not next argue that since we've been killing each other from time immemorial despite the fact that every society has had prohibitions and laws against murder (often enforced by severe penalties) we should therefore take the futilitarian attitude "What difference does it make if unjustifiable homicide is illegal, people are gonna whack their neighbor anyway?"? Well, of course the answer is that although laws against the crime of murder haven't prevented all murders they certainly have an effect. If we declared it open season on our fellow man, well, I'm sure that at least a few more unfortunate men and women would be violently sent to an early and tragic grave. Likewise, banning guns won't result in the total prevention of gun and violent crime, but once the number of guns in society have been significantly reduced it certainly will reduce the number of shootings – and this is a sufficiently probable and good outcome to merit giving a ban on guns serious consideration. Glibly observing that people with murder in their hearts would simply fashion shanks and crossbows is just an expression of cynicism and pessimism, the cynical and pessimistic belief that human beings are incorrigibly naughty & nefarious creatures who are always going to be naughty & nefarious and that there's nothing at all that can be done about this. Such cynicism can feel like tough-minded realism, but it's really just an unconstructive, and simplistic, and sometimes borderline misogynistic retreatism from our social and moral responsibility to one another to create a safer & saner, kinder & gentler form of society.

(For more thoughts and arguments along these lines visit my debate.)

Because just because we cannot stop murder in the present action we can always send men in blue to find the murderers, publicly hilmiluate them, punish them, [etc . . .] and hence decrease peoples willingness to complete these actions again. To stop murder you must stop peoples want to murder, make hem think the cost is too high.
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:05:32 AM
At 1/15/2012 9:40:55 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

I wasn't doing anything as awesome when I was 12. Maybe reading Brave New World, but I bet 3/4 of the active members did that at that age.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:27:57 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:05:32 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

I wasn't doing anything as awesome when I was 12. Maybe reading Brave New World, but I bet 3/4 of the active members did that at that age.

Aw man, I'm part of the 1/4th, that's some bull! Now I feel inferior. *sniff*
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:34:52 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:27:57 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

It's okay. You are still more awesome than me.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:52:07 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:34:52 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

Nu-Uh! All humans have an capacity for awesomeness! Quick learn how to build this: http://neogentronyx.com...
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:54:57 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:52:07 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

Nu-Uh! All humans have an capacity for awesomeness! Quick learn how to build this: http://neogentronyx.com...

You want to debate it? I think that the resolution should be Resolved: SuperRobotWars is more awesome than UnStupendousMan. I'm pro.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:59:10 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:54:57 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

You want to debate it? I think that the resolution should be Resolved: SuperRobotWars is more awesome than UnStupendousMan. I'm pro.

You have a 100% win rate versus my 30% win rate . . . the only way to prove myself correct is to not accept this challenge . . .

Learn how to build the robot so I can then prove you are more awesome!
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:59:56 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:59:10 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

You have a 100% win rate versus my 30% win rate . . . the only way to prove myself correct is to not accept this challenge . . .

I've only been in two debates.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:01:26 AM
At 1/15/2012 10:59:56 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

I've been in 13 debates and have only won 4 of them.
Minister Of Trolling
:
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:02:58 AM
At 1/15/2012 11:01:26 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

But if you do not want to do it, fine. I understand.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:09:54 AM
At 1/15/2012 11:02:58 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

But if you do not want to do it, fine. I understand.

And no I win! Due to my lameness in finding an excuse for not accepting the challenge I have proven that I am less awesome than you!
Minister Of Trolling
:
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:54:02 AM

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

Teenagers can make a bomb in their parent's garage, with everyday items. If someone wants to kill, they will find a way.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:04:15 PM

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

I've won more debates than you've even participated in. Won 17, participated in 23, 2 are still in voting;

http://www.debate.org...

"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 3:06:21 PM
Well, we can all remain up in the cloud-cuckoo-land of theoretical debate; we can speculate, in whichever direction we're ideologically inclined, about what the consequences of banning guns vs. making them easily available might be, and we can construct plausible arguments to support our speculative-ideological positions. But all of our rationalization and rhetoric on the issue of gun rights is rendered quite academic if we simply take notice of the fact that there are real-world social laboratories, as it were, countries in which unpermissive restrictions on access to guns are in place and have been for some time; and, conversely, in which easygoing regulation of private gun ownership is the law of the land.

Okay, and so what then are the results of these societies' social experimentation with strict vs. lax gun regulation? Well, firstly, Western countries that don't recognize any putative right of their citizens to bear arms do not have a higher crime rate than the U.S.; rather, they all have lower homicide and violent crime statistics. And secondly, a largely disarmed population has not led to the rise of statist repression of a Hitlerian intensity in Belgium, Britain, Australia, France, etc. Now then, if we look at the United States where of course we have the good ole Second Amendment blocking stringent gun control, we find a shockingly high incidence of murder and crimes involving the use of firearms. And we also find heavily armed right-wing militias whose members are currently taken to be harmless cranks who play weekend warrior in the woods with assault rifles, but who under the right circumstances would use their AK-47s to take over and establish their own tea party totalitarianism. So much for American exceptionalism!

So then, dear gun rights advocates, we can empirically say that not treating private gun ownership as an absolute right does not lead to catastrophic consequences, societies that don't have anything like the Second Amendment are in fact safer and more stable. This really ought to settle the question. Ah, but then many folks are more immersed in their subjective ideologies than they are in touch with objective reality, and not about to allow the facts to put a crimp in their conservative convictions.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:22:15 PM

ROFL. Snap.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:40:05 PM
At 1/16/2012 12:04:15 PM, DanT wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

I feel inferior.

Why?

I've won more debates than you've even participated in. Won 17, participated in 23, 2 are still in voting;

Thank you. Even more evidence as to why I am less awesome to Calvin's alter ego.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:41:07 PM
At 1/16/2012 11:54:02 AM, DanT wrote:

And this.

Yes!

Yes!

Teenagers can make a bomb in their parent's garage, with everyday items. If someone wants to kill, they will find a way.

Meh, learned how to make pipe bombs at ten.
Minister Of Trolling
: