Jump to topic:

Huntsman to DROP OUT OF GOP RACE!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:14:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes the candidate who has never had mroe than 4% voter support is withdrawing and throwing support towards Mitt Romney

http://news.yahoo.com...

Good move or bad move, feel free to provide input
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:52:54 AM
Ron Paul has once again defeated a GOP pawn
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:03:28 AM
At 1/16/2012 1:52:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So who do you want to win the GOP nomination?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:41:51 AM
I have my doubts that ron paul will win. If I had to pick a republican candidate, it would be him, but I just don't think it will happen
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 8:20:11 AM
He should have stayed in the race and pulled votes away from Romney. That man must not be allowed in our White House.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:35:47 AM

Don't be so silly Geo. We all know this was a direct result of Stephen Colbert, and his Definitely Not Coordinated With Stephen Colbert Super PAC.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:38:26 AM
Yup, cause no one saw that coming....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:44:55 AM
At 1/16/2012 8:20:11 AM, 000ike wrote:
He should have stayed in the race and pulled votes away from Romney. That man must not be allowed in our White House.

Good thing you can't vote yet.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:53:23 AM

Anyone who supported Hunstman is going to support Romney. Every single "pawn" that goes down means more support for Romney. People aren't going to suddenly wake up and say, "Well gee, I'm no longer feeling Republican today." Ron Paul represents Libertarian views. The Republicans of today aren't "old school conservatives."
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:09:30 AM
There's a theory that Ron Paul will gather as many delegates as he can for the convention in order to significantly alter the Republican platform to be more libertarian-leaning. After all, if Romney wins, he'll need some way to get a Ron Paul endorsement to keep most of his supporters who hate the establishment, which could include promising to audit the federal reserve or end the Drug War (although I'd be skeptical of Romney ever honoring such a promise) or picking Rand Paul as his Vice Presidential candidate, despite the little political power the VP actually has.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:03:01 AM
Michael Moore said that Huntsman was the only GOP candidate that could get Democratic votes in the election. Oh well we all knew that Huntsman wouldn't stay.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:08:43 AM
At 1/16/2012 11:03:01 AM, Contra wrote:
Michael Moore said that Huntsman was the only GOP candidate that could get Democratic votes in the election. Oh well we all knew that Huntsman wouldn't stay.

Michael Moore says a lot of stuff.

Either why, the fact that he would have gotten the most Democratic votes shows why he dropped out.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:46:37 AM
Here is the latest poll in S.C.:
01/15 Insider Adv-- Romney 32, Gingrich 21, Paul 14, Santorum 13

It appears that Newt Gingrich is the last hope for the conservatives. Ron Paul and Rick Santorum will likely battle for third. Rick Santorum has now faced a slow demise in the polls and now is no longer a real front runner. He still has support just not as much as when he left Iowa. It seems the conservatives are mostly settled and they are going with Speaker Gingrich. Ron Paul has not received any real jump in the polls and he is likely to get third or fourth in the primary depending on how he does against Santorum. Rick Perry trails in last place. He might as well drop out because if he does not win in S.C. he will not win anywhere.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:27:47 PM

If anything, I seriously doubt Huntsman had much to do with the GOP.

bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:37:28 PM
It seems that for some reason, many ron paul supporters you see on the internet are like fanatics. I mean, holy crap. You can't go 5 youtube videos without someone posting RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!! Even on videos that have NOTHING to do with politics. They're at a 20, when they should be at, like, a 5. I just like it when Ron Paul called gringrich a chickenhawk....Thats my new insult..
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:52:14 PM

Michael Moore is a f*cking moron if he really thinks that. Ron Paul would get wayyyyyyy more Democratic votes than Huntsman would. Huntsman isn't anti-war, he just doesn't want to kill as many Muslims as the other Republicans do. Huntsman doesn't want to end the war on drugs. Huntsman doesn't want to repeal the Patriot Act. Huntsman doesn't want to repeal the NDAA which was just signed a few weeks ago and gives the President the authority to indefinitely detain American citizens.

Ron Paul is pro-civil liberties and anti-war. Jon Huntsman is not "pro" those things, he's just not as vehemently "anti" those things as the other candidates are. So anyone who would say that only Huntsman would get crossover Democrat votes is either lying, or doesn't know jack sh!t about politics.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:56:42 PM
were there any outstanding differences between Huntsman and Romney in the first place?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:56:50 PM
At 1/16/2012 12:52:14 PM, jat93 wrote:

Michael Moore is a f*cking moron if he really thinks that. Ron Paul would get wayyyyyyy more Democratic votes than Huntsman would. Huntsman isn't anti-war, he just doesn't want to kill as many Muslims as the other Republicans do. Huntsman doesn't want to end the war on drugs. Huntsman doesn't want to repeal the Patriot Act. Huntsman doesn't want to repeal the NDAA which was just signed a few weeks ago and gives the President the authority to indefinitely detain American citizens.

Ron Paul is pro-civil liberties and anti-war. Jon Huntsman is not "pro" those things, he's just not as vehemently "anti" those things as the other candidates are. So anyone who would say that only Huntsman would get crossover Democrat votes is either lying, or doesn't know jack sh!t about politics.

No ones pro-war. No one really wants war. But, you have to accept the fact that war is gonna happen.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 12:58:32 PM
Am I the only one who seems to think that Ron Paul supporters tend to be very annoying, rude, mean, and overzealous?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:02:05 PM
At 1/16/2012 12:52:14 PM, jat93 wrote:

Out of all the candidates in the primaries I support Huntsman the most. Honestly, if Ron Paul has so much in common with Democrats then why's he running for the Republican nomination? In case you didn't realize, Paul does not have the power to attract voters from either end of the aisle because he's radical and out of the mainstream. Ron Paul supporters seem to be the most naive. The way you think he has so much bearing on what Democrats want is kind of funny. He will do nothing in support of social justice, he will do nothing to help those exploited by a vulture capitalist economy.

Insulting people just makes you look stupid, especially seeing as you're completely wrong.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:19:41 PM
At 1/16/2012 12:58:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Am I the only one who seems to think that Ron Paul supporters tend to be very annoying, rude, mean, and overzealous?

Probably.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:21:58 PM
At 1/16/2012 1:19:41 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Probably.

I do. The way they talk about this guy, it's almost sickening. Like they have fantasies about him.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:22:13 PM

Probably.

No, I agree with Oberherr and so do most non-libertarians. Paul supporters tend to be young, rowdy, naive, and caustically rude.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:24:27 PM
At 1/16/2012 1:22:13 PM, 000ike wrote:

Probably.

No, I agree with Oberherr and so do most non-libertarians. Paul supporters tend to be young, rowdy, naive, and caustically rude.

Agreed.

Anyways, Rick Perry's next to drop out after SC.

Then Santorum.

It's gonna come down to Paul, Gingrich and Romney.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:27:06 PM
At 1/16/2012 1:24:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 1/16/2012 1:22:13 PM, 000ike wrote:

Probably.

Agreed.

Anyways, Rick Perry's next to drop out after SC.

Then Santorum.

It's gonna come down to Paul, Gingrich and Romney.

I'm hoping for Gingrich, but I'm just not sure he can pull it off. Romney seems like the most likely candidate by far. But ANYONE in the race right now, besides Ron Paul.