Jump to topic:

Anyone but Ron Paul

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 6:20:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Am I the only one who has this policy regarding the GOP Primaries?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 6:24:00 PM
At 1/16/2012 6:20:48 PM, imabench wrote:

No. Ron Paul is crazy.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 6:30:59 PM
At 1/16/2012 6:23:23 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
More like nobody but Ron Paul. ;)

Everybody else is interventionist.

What's wrong with interventionism?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:01:51 PM
I don't like him Paul because of his economic policy. I think that there should be increased regulation, instead of decreased regulation. I have no problem with non-interventionism
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:02:44 PM
At 1/16/2012 6:24:00 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

No. Ron Paul is crazy.

Nice. Way to back it up.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:12:38 PM

No, you and a bunch of other global fascist dictators and New World Order pawns are anti-Ron Paul.

I hope you feel content with your destruction of America and freedom.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:15:04 PM
At 1/16/2012 7:12:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, you and a bunch of other global fascist dictators and New World Order pawns are anti-Ron Paul.

A congressman who has been in there for 20+ years is not a part of the global fascist dictatorship? And what's wrong with the NWO anyway?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:16:08 PM

Translation: You disagreed with my views, so I'm going to spout conspiracy theories, and make up stuff, to try and discredit you somehow.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:16:48 PM
At 1/16/2012 7:16:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Translation: You disagreed with my views, so I'm going to spout conspiracy theories, and make up stuff, to try and discredit you somehow.

+1!
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:19:02 PM
At 1/16/2012 7:15:04 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

A congressman who has been in there for 20+ years is not a part of the global fascist dictatorship? And what's wrong with the NWO anyway?

That's actually an interesting question. I watched a video in which a professor/researcher of...something (psych I think it was) was talking about the idea that humans are actually empathetic creatures, and this is evident by the fact that we went from connecting via blood ties to connecting via tribe/village ties to connecting via religious ties to connecting via national ties. He concluded that the only way that we as humans will be able to progress or survive is to finally connect with everyone based on humanity alone, as well as connecting with all living creatures for being on earth. In other words, establish a World Society.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:19:49 PM
At 1/16/2012 7:16:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:

This is Geo you're talking about, our resident conspiracy theorist. lmao.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:49:23 PM

A congressman who has been in there for 20+ years is not a part of the global fascist dictatorship?

No. I don't think you realized this, but he's a CONGRESSMAN. They don't have much power. Plus, Ron Paul's voting record has been made public and he has a 100% Libertarian voting record. He has a 0% Fascist voting record. Most of the other Congressman and Senators are either paid off, brainwashed, or pawns of the New World Order. Look at who funds these politicians then look who funds Ron Paul.

The actual heads of the New World Order don't hold political offices of power.

And what's wrong with the NWO anyway?

"This will encourage tendencies through the next several decades toward a Technotronic Era, a dictatorship, leaving even less room for political procedures as we know them. Finally, looking ahead to the end of the century, the possibility of biochemical mind control and genetic tinkering with man, including beings which will function like men and reason like them as well, could give rise to some difficult questions."
-- Zbigniew Brzezinski (a Global Elite, Obama's head political adviser, co-founder of Trilateral Commision, CFR member, adviser to 5 Presidents, founder of Al Qaida)

"In the technetronic society the trend seems to be toward aggregating the individual support of millions of unorganized citizens, who are easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities, and effectively exploiting the latest communication techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason....Power will gravitate into the hands of those who control information....Human beings become increasingly manipulable and malleable."
-- Zbigniew Brzezinski
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 7:53:34 PM
Plus, Ron Paul's voting record has been made public and he has a 100% Libertarian voting record. He has a 0% Fascist voting record.
Who keeps track of it in those terms?

Besides, not every issue comes up for vote.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 8:04:49 PM
At 1/16/2012 7:49:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

A congressman who has been in there for 20+ years is not a part of the global fascist dictatorship?

No. I don't think you realized this, but he's a CONGRESSMAN. They don't have much power. Plus, Ron Paul's voting record has been made public and he has a 100% Libertarian voting record. He has a 0% Fascist voting record. Most of the other Congressman and Senators are either paid off, brainwashed, or pawns of the New World Order. Look at who funds these politicians then look who funds Ron Paul.

But why would the NWO stand for Paul being in congress for 20+ years if he is a libertarian who wants to destroy it?

And why wouldn't the NWO hold political office? I think that if they really wanted to rule the world, they would control a rouge state and cause nuclear apocalypse. Then they can control the food and water supplies, and thereby control the world.

And what's wrong with the NWO anyway?

"This will encourage tendencies through the next several decades toward a Technotronic Era, a dictatorship, leaving even less room for political procedures as we know them. Finally, looking ahead to the end of the century, the possibility of biochemical mind control and genetic tinkering with man, including beings which will function like men and reason like them as well, could give rise to some difficult questions."
-- Zbigniew Brzezinski (a Global Elite, Obama's head political adviser, co-founder of Trilateral Commision, CFR member, adviser to 5 Presidents, founder of Al Qaida)

This seems to be out of context. I think you left out something. Purposefully. And wasn't Osama bin Laden founder of Al Qaida?

"In the technetronic society the trend seems to be toward aggregating the individual support of millions of unorganized citizens, who are easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities, and effectively exploiting the latest communication techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason....Power will gravitate into the hands of those who control information....Human beings become increasingly manipulable and malleable."
-- Zbigniew Brzezinski

Again, with like the first quote, this seems to leave out something big. And this seems to benefit advertisers, not the evil fascist dictatorship.

And besides mind control, what are the inherent evils of the NWO? World peace? Ending hunger? Providing much-needed infrastructure to the 3rd world?
darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 8:44:46 PM
At 1/16/2012 8:31:15 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I feel the same way.

Ron Paul isn't a Republican, he's a Libertarian running with an "R" next to his name.

He's no friend to conservatives.

But don't you republicans like small gov? I also am pretty sure he wants to take things back to the constitution days isn't that the biggest conservative win? I like some of his foreign policy and I think legalizing marijuana would be good for the economy but I don't like his small gov stuff and I think he'd be more likely to beat Obama than Romney so by all means please be against him I just don't understand why ya'll don't like him.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 8:46:52 PM
At 1/16/2012 8:44:46 PM, darkman1015 wrote:
At 1/16/2012 8:31:15 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I feel the same way.

Ron Paul isn't a Republican, he's a Libertarian running with an "R" next to his name.

He's no friend to conservatives.

But don't you republicans like small gov? I also am pretty sure he wants to take things back to the constitution days isn't that the biggest conservative win? I like some of his foreign policy and I think legalizing marijuana would be good for the economy but I don't like his small gov stuff and I think he'd be more likely to beat Obama than Romney so by all means please be against him I just don't understand why ya'll don't like him.

Yes but Republicans also like the government to do the things its supposed to like defend us and border patrol.

However, most Republicans are also social conservatives, that's what makes us Republicans and not Libertarian.

We are against legalizing marijuana etc.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 8:46:59 PM
At 1/16/2012 8:04:49 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

But why would the NWO stand for Paul being in congress for 20+ years if he is a libertarian who wants to destroy it?

Uh, because his votes have no bearing on anything. It's always 434 - 1. Ron Paul's 1 vote isn't changing anything. Plus, have you not seen the onslaught the NWO has done to Ron Paul in the media trying to marginalize him, lie about him, and do everything they can to stop him from winning.

And why wouldn't the NWO hold political office?

Because political offices are generally held accountable to the people and have to accept a lot of scrutiny. If you want to have power and not have opposition and scrutiny, be like David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinski, and Rothschild who work behind the scenes in global "think tanks" and private banks.

I think that if they really wanted to rule the world, they would control a rouge state and cause nuclear apocalypse. Then they can control the food and water supplies, and thereby control the world.

They indirectly influence and direct the state.

This seems to be out of context.

Baseless assumption.

I think you left out something.

Baseless assumption.

Purposefully.

Baseless assumption.

And wasn't Osama bin Laden founder of Al Qaida?

No.

-- Zbigniew Brzezinski

Again, with like the first quote, this seems to leave out something big.

Baseless assumption.

And this seems to benefit advertisers, not the evil fascist dictatorship.

Why would you assert that.

And besides mind control, what are the inherent evils of the NWO? World peace? Ending hunger? Providing much-needed infrastructure to the 3rd world?

Centralized power. Loss of freedoms.

Is that not bad enough.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:12:47 PM
At 1/16/2012 8:46:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/16/2012 8:04:49 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Uh, because his votes have no bearing on anything. It's always 434 - 1. Ron Paul's 1 vote isn't changing anything. Plus, have you not seen the onslaught the NWO has done to Ron Paul in the media trying to marginalize him, lie about him, and do everything they can to stop him from winning.

It would still be in the NWO's best interest to squelch him and prevent his followers from rallying behind a figure.

And why wouldn't the NWO hold political office?

Because political offices are generally held accountable to the people and have to accept a lot of scrutiny. If you want to have power and not have opposition and scrutiny, be like David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinski, and Rothschild who work behind the scenes in global "think tanks" and private banks.

I think that if they really wanted to rule the world, they would control a rouge state and cause nuclear apocalypse. Then they can control the food and water supplies, and thereby control the world.

But wouldn't it be better to directly control the state?

Baseless assumption.

Context is EVERYTHING! He could be speaking about advertising or narrating a science-fiction book. And what is "this" in the first sentence anyway?

Baseless assumption.

Leaving out things is a basic aspect of spin. For example: http://media.npr.org... Besides, if we do not know what "this" is, then we cannot decipher whether the quote was in context or not. If it wasn't it's just a random quote.

Purposefully.

Baseless assumption.

Not baseless; the first word points to it. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT "THIS" IS! If you don't you are hiding something, or your source is hiding something.

And wasn't Osama bin Laden founder of Al Qaeda?

No.

Yes. I have Wikipedia backing me up. What do you have?

-- Zbigniew Brzezinski

Baseless assumption.

We don't know what the quote is actually about, or what context it was in, so we really can't learn from it. It may be from when Zbigniew was National Security adviser to President Carter, earlier, or later. The ...s seem to leave stuff out.

Advertisers can sell people their products; but the evil fascist dictatorship cannot easily sell people on their system.

Is that not bad enough.

You are assuming that freedom is inherently good. I'm not saying it isn't, but you need to stop assuming things as well. And why centralized power inherently evil?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:23:28 PM
Unfortunately, Geo is right. The people in power ("NWO") will never let Ron Paul win though.

I mean it's a simple concept really, it's not even that much of a conspiracy. The world is a f*cked up place. How do you make it to the top? by being f*cked up! What do f*cked up people want? power and control. is it really that UNFATHOMABLE to think that people at the top deliberately misinform and dillude their citizens so that they can retain their money, control and power? is it too hard to realize that elections are a crock of sh*t because only those that are willing to comply with the banks and large corporations will win? Media has everyone so blinded about the elections. They are a popularity contest. They are meant to distract us and to put our governmental anguish onto one sole face.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:43:06 PM
At 1/16/2012 9:23:28 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Unfortunately, Geo is right. The people in power ("NWO") will never let Ron Paul win though.

I mean it's a simple concept really, it's not even that much of a conspiracy. The world is a f*cked up place. How do you make it to the top? by being f*cked up! What do f*cked up people want? power and control. is it really that UNFATHOMABLE to think that people at the top deliberately misinform and dillude their citizens so that they can retain their money, control and power? is it too hard to realize that elections are a crock of sh*t because only those that are willing to comply with the banks and large corporations will win? Media has everyone so blinded about the elections. They are a popularity contest. They are meant to distract us and to put our governmental anguish onto one sole face.

made me tear up a bit...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 9:50:22 PM
At 1/16/2012 9:43:06 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

made me tear up a bit...

lmao. *SLAP* get a grip, partam! you can't be tearing up when the illuminati comes to your doorstep to impose their nwo by rectally probing a mind control chip into you!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:01:39 PM
At 1/16/2012 9:50:22 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/16/2012 9:43:06 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

made me tear up a bit...

lmao. *SLAP* get a grip, partam! you can't be tearing up when the illuminati comes to your doorstep to impose their nwo by rectally probing a mind control chip into you!

lol. I'll be laughing when that happens to me. Hell, I'll be part of the illuminati that brainwashes you.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:02:33 PM
At 1/16/2012 7:19:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

That's actually an interesting question. I watched a video in which a professor/researcher of...something (psych I think it was) was talking about the idea that humans are actually empathetic creatures, and this is evident by the fact that we went from connecting via blood ties to connecting via tribe/village ties to connecting via religious ties to connecting via national ties. He concluded that the only way that we as humans will be able to progress or survive is to finally connect with everyone based on humanity alone, as well as connecting with all living creatures for being on earth. In other words, establish a World Society.
+1
lol..World Society FTW!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:04:37 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:02:33 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

+1
lol..World Society FTW!

It's a fantasy that would never work. Too many people hate each other, too many people are too different.

It's a nice thought but could never work in practice.

The only thing that would cause that would be an outside threat like aliens.

Like ancient Greece uniting against Persia. They never would have united without Persia.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:39:17 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:04:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

+1
lol..World Society FTW!

It's a fantasy that would never work. Too many people hate each other, too many people are too different.

Like ancient Greece uniting against Persia. They never would have united without Persia.

Not necessarily.
A group (such as the NWO lol) could get together and form during the rule of a 'evil' state. Then gain support and overthrow it, only to take over the country. Then they would install a state of "propaganda" and "brainwashing". Then precede to conquer lands around it.

And do this while isolating the country's population and seperating them from the rest of the world...

And while one group is working one area, several other groups could be forming in different areas of teh Earth. Once the whole earth is conquered by people with similar ideals, they could come together and install a world system. Of course while controlling all aspects of their subject's lives.

*Read 1984
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 10:46:21 PM
At 1/16/2012 10:39:17 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/16/2012 10:04:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

+1
lol..World Society FTW!

Not necessarily.
A group (such as the NWO lol) could get together and form during the rule of a 'evil' state. Then gain support and overthrow it, only to take over the country. Then they would install a state of "propaganda" and "brainwashing". Then precede to conquer lands around it.

And do this while isolating the country's population and seperating them from the rest of the world...

And while one group is working one area, several other groups could be forming in different areas of teh Earth. Once the whole earth is conquered by people with similar ideals, they could come together and install a world system. Of course while controlling all aspects of their subject's lives.

*Read 1984

I've read 1984 thoroughly.

I thought you meant a real world government, a good one.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 11:33:26 PM
At 1/16/2012 9:12:47 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/16/2012 8:46:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

It would still be in the NWO's best interest to squelch him and prevent his followers from rallying behind a figure.

It's not in their best interest to martyr a major revolutionary figure.

But wouldn't it be better to directly control the state?

They do from behind the scenes. The control the people who control the state.

Baseless assumption.

Context is EVERYTHING!

First of all, all quotes are out of context. You can't quote the whole book, then it's not a quote.

He could be speaking about advertising or narrating a science-fiction book.

He could be, but you presume that the context changes the meaning. For example:

"I went to the grocery store today, bought some hamburger meat, and after cooking all the ingredients, I ate the hamburger."

Then taken out of context:

"I ate the hamburger."

The context doesn't change the fact that the person "ate the hamburger." Sometimes context does change meaning, but you can't sit there and presume that all quotes are taken out of meaningful context. There's a difference between taking out of context and taking out of meaningful context, but apparently you're too stupid to realize that.

And what is "this" in the first sentence anyway?

Here's the text straight from Brzezinski's book:

"The newly enfranchised masses are organized in the industrial society by trade unions and political parties and unified by relatively simple and somewhat ideological programs. Moreover, political attitudes are influenced by appeals to nationalist sentiments, communicated through the massive increase of newspapers employing,naturally, the readers' national language. In the technetronic society the trend seems to be toward aggregating the individual support of millions of unorganized citizens, who are easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities, and effectively exploiting the latest communication techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason. Reliance on television—and hence the tendency to replace language with imagery, which is international rather than national, and to include war coverage or scenes of hunger in places as distant as, for example, India— creates a somewhat more cosmopolitan, though highly impressionistic, involvement in global affairs."

-- Zbigniew Brzezinski (Source: http://www.scribd.com...)

Baseless assumption.

Leaving out things is a basic aspect of spin. For example: http://media.npr.org... Besides, if we do not know what "this" is, then we cannot decipher whether the quote was in context or not. If it wasn't it's just a random quote.

Again, ALL.QUOTES.ARE.OUT.OF.CONTEXT. You can't quote the whole book or whole speech. What don't you understand.

Purposefully.

Baseless assumption.

Not baseless; the first word points to it. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT "THIS" IS! If you don't you are hiding something, or your source is hiding something.

And wasn't Osama bin Laden founder of Al Qaeda?

No.

Yes. I have Wikipedia backing me up. What do you have?

"Al Qaeda was created by the CIA, in their offices in Washington D.C., According to Richard Clark in his most recent book. It was created for Saudi Arabia to bankroll Osama bin Laden, through the House of Saud, "in the Afghan war against the Soviet Union during the 1980's and Riyadh and Washington together contributed an estimated $3.5 billion to the mujahideen."
-- http://www.rense.com...

-- Zbigniew Brzezinski

Baseless assumption.

We don't know what the quote is actually about, or what context it was in, so we really can't learn from it. It may be from when Zbigniew was National Security adviser to President Carter, earlier, or later. The ...s seem to leave stuff out.
Except I do. I have an electronic copy of the whole book from where the quote came from.

http://www.scribd.com...

Advertisers can sell people their products; but the evil fascist dictatorship cannot easily sell people on their system.

Obviously they can and they have. People are all sold to the false left-right paradigm of party politics.

Is that not bad enough.

You are assuming that freedom is inherently good.

False. Even if I were, that's just as safe of an assumption as "the Universe exists."

I'm not saying it isn't, but you need to stop assuming things as well.

I haven't assumed anything not worthy of being a fair assumption. Operating under the premise that "freedom is good" isn't worthy of being criticized for being over-assuming.

And why centralized power inherently evil?

Because someone other than me is dictating how I live and centralized power lacks diversity of thought and dispersion of decision making. Hitler is a good example of centralized power.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 12:32:33 AM
well he is way to...unrealistic. He is also kinda crazy unrealistic wise and is...well...I just don't agree with him. From the candidates though he is my 3rd choice. But I can see a president paul...but he needs a good vice president *cough-* santorum *cough*
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross