1/21/2012 8:32:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

What are your thoughts?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:33:50 PM
At 1/21/2012 8:32:33 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

What are your thoughts?

Balls.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:34:56 PM
I like what I'm seeing. I want Newt Gingrich to win the nomination. Obama will tear him apart in the general election. Romney would have been a bit more difficult.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:41:29 PM
I would have to actually agree. Newt over performed. I hope "conservative" Santorum leaves the race and endorses a real conservative (Newt Gingrich).

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 8:50:11 PM
At 1/21/2012 8:41:29 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I would have to actually agree. Newt over performed. I hope "conservative" Santorum leaves the race and endorses a real conservative (Newt Gingrich).

lol you mean the Newt Gingrich that had the audacity to indict Clinton for sexual misconduct, while telling his wife he wants an open marriage? You mean the Newt Gingrich that sat in along side Nancy Pelosi to support environmental protection when it seemed politically expedient, then called it stupid when THAT was politically expedient?

lol yes, I love this. I want Gingrich to get supporters like this, because that man will never be president, he will put off independence, and the ticking time-bomb that is his character and that mouth of his will land him in some serious trouble. I just hope he behaves himself and maintains this support until he gets the nomination, then the country will seal the deal and say no to another Republican America.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:01:26 PM
Ron Paul, the clear winner once again.

Ron Paul didn't even campaign in South Carolina and still got double digits. He's skipping SC and Florida and already campaigning in delegate rich states like Maine, Puerto Rico, Nevada, and Idaho.

He's far ahead of the game. No candidate is even campaigning in Puerto Rico and he's going to pick up almost all 23 delegates from there. He only has to convince 200 voters (the amount who voted last election season).
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:09:49 PM
At 1/21/2012 8:50:11 PM, 000ike wrote:

lol you mean the Newt Gingrich that had the audacity to indict Clinton for sexual misconduct, while telling his wife he wants an open marriage? You mean the Newt Gingrich that sat in along side Nancy Pelosi to support environmental protection when it seemed politically expedient, then called it stupid when THAT was politically expedient?

lol yes, I love this. I want Gingrich to get supporters like this, because that man will never be president, he will put off independence, and the ticking time-bomb that is his character and that mouth of his will land him in some serious trouble. I just hope he behaves himself and maintains this support until he gets the nomination, then the country will seal the deal and say no to another Republican America.

Interesting how you would attack a guy so much that you want to win the primary.

It's almost as if you don't want him to win the primary.
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:12:38 PM
At 1/21/2012 9:09:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Interesting how you would attack a guy so much that you want to win the primary.

Even more interesting is that the only reason he wants Gringrich to win is so that Obama would likely defeat him, even though he clearly thinks Romney is a better alternative. On the off (in ikes world) chance that the Republican wins, we now have a worse president than we otherwise would have. So 000ike is willing to weaken the country by endorsing a weaker candidate, just so that his man has a greater chance of victory. Despicable, honestly...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:32:28 PM

Newt does not believe there is a settled scientific conclusion about whether industrial development has dramatically contributed to a warming of the atmosphere. Newt believes that cap and trade would kill hundreds of thousands of American jobs, cause electricity and fuel prices to skyrocket, and make America poorer. In contrast, Gingrich believes the best way to protect the environment is through markets, incentives, and entrepreneurs, who quite often are deploying innovative new technologies.

This story is a vicious lie. It was first reported by a left wing magazine in the 1980s based on hearsay and has survived in left-wing chat rooms on the Internet until today. It is completely false.
Recently, Newt's daughter, Jackie Gingrich Cushman, wrote a column to set the record straight about this smear. The column reveals that 1) It was her mother that requested the divorce, not Newt, and it was months before the hospital visit in question; 2) Her mother was in the hospital to remove a tumor, but it was benign, and she is still alive today; 3) Newt visited the hospital for the purpose of taking his two children to see their mother, not to discuss a divorce.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:39:29 PM
At 1/21/2012 9:01:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Ron Paul didn't even campaign in South Carolina and still got double digits. He's skipping SC and Florida and already campaigning in delegate rich states like Maine, Puerto Rico, Nevada, and Idaho.

He's far ahead of the game. No candidate is even campaigning in Puerto Rico and he's going to pick up almost all 23 delegates from there. He only has to convince 200 voters (the amount who voted last election season).

You just called him the clear winner in a primary that he lost. I think if Paul wants to win he should campaign in places that matter. Waiting until the last primary is very idiotic and here is the latest polls from Florida:

01/16 PPP (D) -- Romney 41, Gingrich 26, Santorum 11, Paul 10

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:43:52 PM
At 1/21/2012 9:12:38 PM, thett3 wrote:

Even more interesting is that the only reason he wants Gringrich to win is so that Obama would likely defeat him, even though he clearly thinks Romney is a better alternative. On the off (in ikes world) chance that the Republican wins, we now have a worse president than we otherwise would have. So 000ike is willing to weaken the country by endorsing a weaker candidate, just so that his man has a greater chance of victory. Despicable, honestly...

Ya, ike needs to explain himself.
President of DDO
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:45:01 PM
Elephant Watcher has recalculates its rankings and posted about the debate.

The current rankings are now Romney 79% chance to win, Gingrich 19%, and Santorum 2%. Ron Paul has never risen above 0%.

"Newt Gingrich won the South Carolina Primary on Saturday. Gingrich won 40% of the vote; Mitt Romney came in second with 28%. Rick Santorum, who was contending with Gingrich for the title of chief Anti-Romney, placed a distant third. Though Gingrich's win in South Carolina was anticipated by Elephant Watcher, Gingrich's late momentum took the media by surprise, adding to its effect. Until midweek, most political observers assumed Romney would simply win everything and enjoy a coronation instead of a real contest. Just as the media overreacted to Romney's New Hampshire win and his favorable early polls in South Carolina, the media will also overreact to Gingrich's win in South Carolina. However, there were two important developments that can be seen in South Carolina's results:

South Carolina Primary (99% reporting)
Gingrich -- 40%
Romney -- 28%
Santorum -- 17%
Paul -- 13%

The most important result was that Gingrich soundly beat Santorum. Given that Gingrich has already been ahead of Santorum in the Florida polls, Gingrich will credibly claim the mantle of the chief Anti-Romney. Santorum's support will melt away. Santorum's tie for first in Iowa (where he won a handful more votes than Romney in the recount) is irrelevant; Santorum really needed a big win there and what he did get wasn't enough to build momentum.

In consequence, the primary becomes a two-man race between Romney and Gingrich. But the odds are far from even: For Gingrich to get any further, he needs to make up a lot of ground and either win or place a very close second in Florida. Unlike South Carolina and New Hampshire, Florida is seen as neutral territory. With the Anti-Romney vote united behind one candidate, Gingrich has no excuse for losing Florida. If Romney beats him there, Romney is expected to also win Nevada, Michigan, and perhaps Arizona, which are the next major contests. The media narrative will turn just as quickly against Gingrich as it did in its favor here, and all will declare that "Gingrich only wins in the South."

The other important development in South Carolina is how much Romney improved on his 2008 performance in the state, when he placed fourth with only 15% of the vote. Romney probably won't get much credit for this, since only a week ago the media were expecting Romney to win South Carolina.

But the vital comparison going forward is not how Romney finished compared to early South Carolina polls. The reason why the 2008 comparison is more useful is that Romney came so close to winning the nomination that year: Romney came in second in Iowa, second in New Hampshire (by 5 points), won Nevada, and placed second in Florida (by 5 points). Improving by a half-dozen points--he improved by twice that in South Carolina--would mean victory.

If Gingrich is to become the frontrunner in this race, he must not merely beat Romney in one of Romney's weakest states; Gingrich needs to prove he can beat Romney in the rest of the country. Florida may be his last opportunity."

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 9:47:30 PM

Good point. He's skipping irrelevant Florida, the 4th most populated state in the nation that has been a deciding factor in numerous elections, for the super important states like Puerto Rico, a small area that doesn't even vote in the general election, Maine, a tiny state that always votes democratic, Nevada, another small state, and Idaho, a reliably Republican tiny state.

Paul is so gonna win.
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:04:57 PM
At 1/21/2012 9:47:30 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Good point. He's skipping irrelevant Florida, the 4th most populated state in the nation that has been a deciding factor in numerous elections, for the super important states like Puerto Rico, a small area that doesn't even vote in the general election, Maine, a tiny state that always votes democratic, Nevada, another small state, and Idaho, a reliably Republican tiny state.

Paul is so gonna win.

Well I do think Geo brings up a good point--I highly doubt that Paul thinks he can win the nomination, but I would guess that his goal is to amass as many delegates as he can to mold the party platform somewhat in his direction. Or perhaps I'm missing the purpose of his post..
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:15:33 PM
At 1/21/2012 9:46:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I think Gingrich will slaughter Obama in a debate. I can't wait to see those two on stage together...

Lmao! Gingrich will sooner say something that would get him booed off the stage than "slaughter Obama in a debate." Obama will tear that man apart before his own ostentatious arrogance does.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:16:40 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:15:33 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think Gingrich will slaughter Obama in a debate. I can't wait to see those two on stage together...

Lmao! Gingrich will sooner say something that would get him booed off the stage than "slaughter Obama in a debate." Obama will tear that man apart before his own ostentatious arrogance does.

I just can't wait to see Obama vs Gingrich without a telemprompter for Mr. Obama.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:20:40 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:16:40 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I just can't wait to see Obama vs Gingrich without a telemprompter for Mr. Obama.

yeah...right, because Obama debated with a teleprompter against McCain and Hillary. Honestly, I used to think that there was a little bit of intellectual thought behind Republicanism until I joined this site and now I don't know anymore. The things some people say make such little sense its astonishing.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:22:47 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:20:40 PM, 000ike wrote:

yeah...right, because Obama debated with a teleprompter against McCain and Hillary. Honestly, I used to think that there was a little bit of intellectual thought behind Republicanism until I joined this site and now I don't know anymore. The things some people say make such little sense its astonishing.

You're right. Even without a teleprompter, Obama will win all 57 states.
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:23:09 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:20:40 PM, 000ike wrote:

Oh come on. You're obviously very intelligent 000ike, I should think you're intelligent enough to not judge an entire party/political philosophy based off of the internet rantings of a few teenagers
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:24:21 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:23:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
Oh come on. You're obviously very intelligent 000ike, I should think you're intelligent enough to not judge an entire party/political philosophy based off of the internet rantings of a few teenagers

I know. This is coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between Natural Rights and utilitarianism.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:28:37 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:24:21 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/21/2012 10:23:09 PM, thett3 wrote:

I know. This is coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between Natural Rights and utilitarianism.

lol what? Since when did I confuse the 2 terms, you mind quoting me please?

I said that rights are invented as a social construct to help as many as possible, and they are not inherently existent. What part of that is too difficult for you to understand?
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:30:40 PM
At 1/21/2012 9:43:52 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Anyone else notice that Ike did not explain himself?

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:31:33 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:30:40 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Lol, I did.
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:34:48 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:31:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Lol, I did.

This is of course not unique to 000ike, the sad truth is that lots and lots of people are like that as well. Thats one of the reasons I refuse to identify with either party.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:35:23 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:34:48 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/21/2012 10:31:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Lol, I did.

This is of course not unique to 000ike, the sad truth is that lots and lots of people are like that as well. Thats one of the reasons I refuse to identify with either party.

True.
President of DDO
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 11:06:55 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:28:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
lol what? Since when did I confuse the 2 terms, you mind quoting me please?

I said that rights are invented as a social construct to help as many as possible, and they are not inherently existent. What part of that is too difficult for you to understand?

That's not Natural Rights. "Natural law and natural rights follow from the nature of man and the world. We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state." http://jim.com...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran