Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Ron Paul on Media Bias

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:08:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ron Paul was being interviewed by Fox News, and as the topic of media bias came up (Paul mentioned that the media frequently ignores him), Fox News literally and blatantly cut him off and interrupted with a commercial break lol... hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com...
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:08:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ps. Is there really any doubt at this point that Ron Paul blows everyone away in the Republican debates? (I haven't been on DDO in 6 days - sorry if there's another thread for this somewhere).
President of DDO
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:16:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I saw Ron Paul being cut off in the news. Not to mention, whenever I am reading my local newspaper, whenever they talk about the Republican Presidental Race, they rarely mention Paul. Heck they talk about Perry more than they do Paul.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:38:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

FOX News is catered to an ignorant crowd; see Danielle's post in the religion forum for proof. Ike is not being bigoted; Fox News is full of bigots. Conservatives love to be bigots but hate when others are bigoted towards them.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:41:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:38:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

FOX News is catered to an ignorant crowd; see Danielle's post in the religion forum for proof. Ike is not being bigoted; Fox News is full of bigots. Conservatives love to be bigots but hate when others are bigoted towards them.

I thought that liberals were very against the eye for an eye, two wrongs make a right mentality. Fascinating.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:43:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:41:09 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:38:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

FOX News is catered to an ignorant crowd; see Danielle's post in the religion forum for proof. Ike is not being bigoted; Fox News is full of bigots. Conservatives love to be bigots but hate when others are bigoted towards them.

I thought that liberals were very against the eye for an eye, two wrongs make a right mentality. Fascinating.

This is not a form of retributive justice; ike is correctly revealig a problem in Fox News' viewership to the rest of DDO. In addition, you cannot use that as a justification for being being bigoted. Even if I am doing this as a retributive action, your initial action is not in any way justified.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:45:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:43:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:41:09 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:38:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

FOX News is catered to an ignorant crowd; see Danielle's post in the religion forum for proof. Ike is not being bigoted; Fox News is full of bigots. Conservatives love to be bigots but hate when others are bigoted towards them.

I thought that liberals were very against the eye for an eye, two wrongs make a right mentality. Fascinating.

This is not a form of retributive justice; ike is correctly revealig a problem in Fox News' viewership to the rest of DDO. In addition, you cannot use that as a justification for being being bigoted. Even if I am doing this as a retributive action, your initial action is not in any way justified.

What on Earth did I do?

Sorry, you are not convincing me that he's justified in saying that anyone who watches Fox news is ignorant. And no, I don't watch Fox news.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:46:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people

Ron Paul has been a Republican his entire life except for when he ran in 1988. That's not a brief association with the GOP.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:54:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

This. Liberals are bigots for "hating" conservatives, but conservatives are just people with normal opinions if they despise homosexuals and African Americans.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:55:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.

Yes, because they are conservative news networks.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:55:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:54:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

This. Liberals are bigots for "hating" conservatives, but conservatives are just people with normal opinions if they despise homosexuals and African Americans.

Hmm I've never seen any prominent conservative in modern times say that its ok to despise Africans or homosexuals...but thats ok, keep distorting reality to fit your bigoted viewpoint
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:56:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.

Oh! okay then Thett, I'm sorry, what I really meant to say was, ON AVERAGE, Fox News viewers are ignorant. Problem solved lol
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:57:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:55:23 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.

Yes, because they are conservative news networks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ok, whatever.

Whatever Liberal news network you want to consider then. I think the point of my statement was very clear, but fine if you want to play with technicalities...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:57:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:55:59 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:54:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

This. Liberals are bigots for "hating" conservatives, but conservatives are just people with normal opinions if they despise homosexuals and African Americans.

Hmm I've never seen any prominent conservative in modern times say that its ok to despise Africans or homosexuals...but thats ok, keep distorting reality to fit your bigoted viewpoint

Rick Perry
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:58:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:56:50 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.

Oh! okay then Thett, I'm sorry, what I really meant to say was, ON AVERAGE, Fox News viewers are ignorant. Problem solved lol

See how easy this can be? :)

Sorry for snapping at you.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:59:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:57:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:55:59 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:54:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

This. Liberals are bigots for "hating" conservatives, but conservatives are just people with normal opinions if they despise homosexuals and African Americans.

Hmm I've never seen any prominent conservative in modern times say that its ok to despise Africans or homosexuals...but thats ok, keep distorting reality to fit your bigoted viewpoint

Rick Perry

Rick Perry is a joke, there's a reason he lost the race so badly.

Actually, I take it back, Rick Santorum is prominent and has views like that. But I certainly dont think that's acceptable. Between Santorum and Obama I would probably choose Obama
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:05:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:08:02 AM, Danielle wrote:
Ron Paul was being interviewed by Fox News, and as the topic of media bias came up (Paul mentioned that the media frequently ignores him), Fox News literally and blatantly cut him off and interrupted with a commercial break lol... hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com...

I'm really sorry for derailing your thread!

But I watched the video, and you're right that is hilarious. I wonder what Ron Paul said after that haha.

I do like him.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:07:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 10:58:24 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:56:50 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.

Oh! okay then Thett, I'm sorry, what I really meant to say was, ON AVERAGE, Fox News viewers are ignorant. Problem solved lol

See how easy this can be? :)

Sorry for snapping at you.

I think I've just figured it out. So long as you say the magic word "average" all bigotry and racism and generalizations and insults suddenly become okay! I'll have to use this logic in the near future :)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:11:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 11:07:41 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:58:24 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:56:50 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:54:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:51:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:37:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 9:44:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
That's because Ron Paul is extremely irrelevant to the modern Republican Party, and the only reason he briefly associates himself with those people is to gain the momentum and recognition to lay the foundation for a powerful American Libertarian Party going forward. FOX News may disrespect Paul, but FOX news is for the ignorant and by the ignorant so I don't think it should come as a surprise.


Stop being a bigot about people with different political beliefs, it's annoying.

interesting how being supposedly "bigoted" only arouses irritation when it involves ones one political beliefs,...take an issue like race for example and some people seem not to give a damn.

I'll be damned if I look through 900+ posts in the race and intelligence thread, but I've NEVER seen JimTimmy say anything like "all blacks are ignorant". You just stated essentially everyone who watches a certain news media that doesn't cater to your political beliefs is ignorant. Do you know what that makes you my friend? A bigot.

And if someone said that anyne who watches ABC or CNN is ignorant my reaction would be the same.

Oh! okay then Thett, I'm sorry, what I really meant to say was, ON AVERAGE, Fox News viewers are ignorant. Problem solved lol

See how easy this can be? :)

Sorry for snapping at you.

I think I've just figured it out. So long as you say the magic word "average" all bigotry and racism and generalizations and insults suddenly become okay! I'll have to use this logic in the near future :)

Well in my mind there is a significant difference there. Saying that on average, a certain group of people have this certain attribute can often be little more than a statement of fact, but to state that they all have that attribute is bigoted and absurd.

I will admit that I over reacted though
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:19:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 11:11:32 AM, thett3 wrote:

Well in my mind there is a significant difference there. Saying that on average, a certain group of people have this certain attribute can often be little more than a statement of fact, but to state that they all have that attribute is bigoted and absurd.

I will admit that I over reacted though

I don't think you overreacted, I think you selectively reacted.

Saying that all people are something has as much potential to be true as saying that most people are something. You're rejection of "all" is wholly based upon the presumption that there will be an exception, when life does not necessarily work that way.

Logically, if Hitler's views are evil, then all people that support Hitler's views are evil. If believing that the Earth is in the center of the universe is ignorant, then all people that believe that the Earth is the center of the universe are ignorant.

So If I believe that FOX News is a factually errant source of pure ignorance and bigotry, and I also believe that smart people don't watch ignorant things, then I may say that all FOX News viewers are ignorant. You knee-jerk reaction to this statement I suspect has little to do with the use of "all" but more the attack and insult on a large amount of people. However, what troubles me is that this reaction doesn't occur impartially to all attacks on large amounts of people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:26:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I watch all news channels whenI have access to them, and all their bias is pretty obvious. Especially with FOX and MSNBC. You can sort through all that spin though. Even the news that a station chooses to report reveals a lot about the spin.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:28:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 11:19:10 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 11:11:32 AM, thett3 wrote:

Well in my mind there is a significant difference there. Saying that on average, a certain group of people have this certain attribute can often be little more than a statement of fact, but to state that they all have that attribute is bigoted and absurd.

I will admit that I over reacted though

I don't think you overreacted, I think you selectively reacted.

Saying that all people are something has as much potential to be true as saying that most people are something. You're rejection of "all" is wholly based upon the presumption that there will be an exception, when life does not necessarily work that way.

Logically, if Hitler's views are evil, then all people that support Hitler's views are evil. If believing that the Earth is in the center of the universe is ignorant, then all people that believe that the Earth is the center of the universe are ignorant.

So If I believe that FOX News is a factually errant source of pure ignorance and bigotry, and I also believe that smart people don't watch ignorant things, then I may say that all FOX News viewers are ignorant. You knee-jerk reaction to this statement I suspect has little to do with the use of "all" but more the attack and insult on a large amount of people. However, what troubles me is that this reaction doesn't occur impartially to all attacks on large amounts of people.

I do enjoy conversations with you 000ike, because we are so fundamentally different in our beliefs. I dont think that anyone can be totally ignorant, or totally evil. Not all Hitlerites are evil--have you ever met a Third Reich veteran? I have, and I certainly didn't think he was evil (he was not in the SS or involved in the Holocaust). If you honestly think that you can judge the intelligence/knowledge of a person based solely on the news station that they view...well, I really dont know what to tell you.

And lets be fair here, I havent seen many attacks on large groups of people on this site.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:42:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 11:28:41 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/22/2012 11:19:10 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 11:11:32 AM, thett3 wrote:

Well in my mind there is a significant difference there. Saying that on average, a certain group of people have this certain attribute can often be little more than a statement of fact, but to state that they all have that attribute is bigoted and absurd.

I will admit that I over reacted though

I don't think you overreacted, I think you selectively reacted.

Saying that all people are something has as much potential to be true as saying that most people are something. You're rejection of "all" is wholly based upon the presumption that there will be an exception, when life does not necessarily work that way.

Logically, if Hitler's views are evil, then all people that support Hitler's views are evil. If believing that the Earth is in the center of the universe is ignorant, then all people that believe that the Earth is the center of the universe are ignorant.

So If I believe that FOX News is a factually errant source of pure ignorance and bigotry, and I also believe that smart people don't watch ignorant things, then I may say that all FOX News viewers are ignorant. You knee-jerk reaction to this statement I suspect has little to do with the use of "all" but more the attack and insult on a large amount of people. However, what troubles me is that this reaction doesn't occur impartially to all attacks on large amounts of people.

I do enjoy conversations with you 000ike, because we are so fundamentally different in our beliefs. I dont think that anyone can be totally ignorant, or totally evil. Not all Hitlerites are evil--have you ever met a Third Reich veteran? I have, and I certainly didn't think he was evil (he was not in the SS or involved in the Holocaust). If you honestly think that you can judge the intelligence/knowledge of a person based solely on the news station that they view...well, I really dont know what to tell you.

And lets be fair here, I havent seen many attacks on large groups of people on this site.

That's what bothers me so much. You think saying the vast majority of Black people are inherently intellectually inferior is not an attack on large groups of people? You think telling a girl the only way she would have gotten into the Deans list is by having have sex with someone is not an attack on large groups of people? You're not a bigoted person or intolerant, but you're one of those people for whom these things are so distant and impotent. You're one of those people that wouldn't actually say anything, but when it hits home (for an insult on Republicans/conservatives) then you actually react.

The difference here is that I would be disgusted by such an insult on anyone or any group of people regardless of whether the aggressor shields his racism under the pathetic veneer of "averages", even though I'm not Black and I'm not a woman. I would still say something because I know that it's wrong, and its strikingly insulting.

So if I said, on average, republicans are ignorant idiots, I KNOW you wouldn't be whole-heartedly fine with that, all I ask is the same expression of distaste when it applies elsewhere.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:51:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 11:42:17 AM, 000ike wrote:


That's what bothers me so much. You think saying the vast majority of Black people are inherently intellectually inferior is not an attack on large groups of people? You think telling a girl the only way she would have gotten into the Deans list is by having have sex with someone is not an attack on large groups of people? You're not a bigoted person or intolerant, but you're one of those people for whom these things are so distant and impotent. You're one of those people that wouldn't actually say anything, but when it hits home (for an insult on Republicans/conservatives) then you actually react.

The difference here is that I would be disgusted by such an insult on anyone or any group of people regardless of whether the aggressor shields his racism under the pathetic veneer of "averages", even though I'm not Black and I'm not a woman. I would still say something because I know that it's wrong, and its strikingly insulting.

So if I said, on average, republicans are ignorant idiots, I KNOW you wouldn't be whole-heartedly fine with that, all I ask is the same expression of distaste when it applies elsewhere.

Saying blacks are inferior IS an attack on a large group of people, and I dont see why you think that I find that acceptable. I think people should be allowed to express those viewpoints, but I dont agree with them. Like I said, I dont really see too many broad attacks on groups of people, and to be perfectly frank you, wnope, and ren have jimtimmy completely under control...there's no reason for me to intervene there. I'm not so sure that you would be "disgusted by such an insult on anyone or any group of people" considering you just made such a statement...

And no, I totally agree that on average Republicans are ignorant idiots :3. I just feel the same way for Democrats as well...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 12:06:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 11:51:29 AM, thett3 wrote:

Saying blacks are inferior IS an attack on a large group of people, and I dont see why you think that I find that acceptable. I think people should be allowed to express those viewpoints, but I dont agree with them. Like I said, I dont really see too many broad attacks on groups of people, and to be perfectly frank you, wnope, and ren have jimtimmy completely under control...there's no reason for me to intervene there. I'm not so sure that you would be "disgusted by such an insult on anyone or any group of people" considering you just made such a statement...

And no, I totally agree that on average Republicans are ignorant idiots :3. I just feel the same way for Democrats as well...

I'm not sure insulting political beliefs bears even mildly comparable weight to insulting ethnic groups and sexes. One is insulted by inherent existence, the other is a conscious choice that is easily variable. One is 10x fairer than the other. So, what is there to be disgusted about?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault