Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ron Paul the Real Winner of South Carolina?

Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 6:03:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Share your thoughts. I happen to think that Ron Paul is way ahead of the political game. Most candidates are only concerned about the topic at hand. Like they are only concerned about Florida now. Not the future. Ron Paul is not like that. So while Ron Paul may not be the winner of South Carolina, he is still leading in the long term preparation of delegates. Thoughts?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 6:59:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

I actually agree with you, LK.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008
2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term
3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down
4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:01:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

No, I did not say that Ron Paul won South Carolina, but with his performance, he is looking at the long-run. I guess regular GOP candidates only live in the moment.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2012
2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term
3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down
4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

*fixed
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:02:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008
2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term
3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down
4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

I hate to say it, but I agree with you part of the way.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down

Extraordinarily unlikely.

4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

Completely ridiculous.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.
3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down

Extraordinarily unlikely.

Impossible

4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

Completely ridiculous.

To a certain extent.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:06:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

He meant 2012. Don't be a douche.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.

The Fed could make another temporary boom come election time. They've done it before.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:08:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:06:34 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

He meant 2012. Don't be a douche.

Well then possible. But he has a lot lesser chance of being elected if Ron Paul is nominated for the GOP Candidateship.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.

The Fed could make another temporary boom come election time. They've done it before.

The economy will take a nose-dive this year. Fueled by the going to get a lot worse European Debt Crisis.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:09:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:06:34 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

He meant 2012. Don't be a douche.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.

The Fed could make another temporary boom come election time. They've done it before.

Indeed. It would be awful for the economy in the long run, but could just about be timed right for a quick boom.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:11:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:09:07 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:06:34 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

He meant 2012. Don't be a douche.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.

The Fed could make another temporary boom come election time. They've done it before.

Indeed. It would be awful for the economy in the long run, but could just about be timed right for a quick boom.

Good point. The Fed is totally Democratic. Oh well.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:17:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:09:07 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:06:34 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

He meant 2012. Don't be a douche.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.

The Fed could make another temporary boom come election time. They've done it before.

Indeed. It would be awful for the economy in the long run, but could just about be timed right for a quick boom.

How come people from Britain know so much about American politics? We know nothing about British politics. I don't even know who your president is, all I've heard of is Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and I'm not sure if he's still serving..
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:20:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:17:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
How come people from Britain know so much about American politics? We know nothing about British politics. I don't even know who your president is, all I've heard of is Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and I'm not sure if he's still serving..

Because the United States goes around dominating and exploiting other countries all around the world. I's rather important what the US does. But outside the Europeans, who really cares what the UK does?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:26:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:17:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:09:07 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:06:34 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:04:59 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:03:31 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008

Likely.

Already happened.

He meant 2012. Don't be a douche.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Possible.

Impossible.

The Fed could make another temporary boom come election time. They've done it before.

Indeed. It would be awful for the economy in the long run, but could just about be timed right for a quick boom.

How come people from Britain know so much about American politics? We know nothing about British politics. I don't even know who your president is, all I've heard of is Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and I'm not sure if he's still serving..

They have no president; only the Prime Minister.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:27:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2012

40% chance Obama wins. 60% chance someone else wins.

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Somewhat doubtful, although possible. Deep recessions do typically mean strong recoveries. However, Obama is doing and has done all he can to stop that from happening.

3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down.

99% chance that this does not happen in the next four years. It will probably happen for both parties at some time in the distant future, but not any time soon.

4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

When socialism works. (which will happen when pigs fly)
President of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:34:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term (2013-2017)"

That has to be the most absurd assertion (I know you were just speculating) I've heard. That's what Keynesians and other economic illiterates think, but there are some major market corrections that need to occur. 1) The severity of the past recession was worse, because of the stimulus Bush enacted after the dot-com bubble. 2) The next recession/depression will be far worse than the past one due to Obama making the same mistake as Bush, except more so. 3) The government will soon be unable to pay its debts. We pay the matured bonds held by China, Japan, and OPEC countries by convincing other countries to buy more bonds. We use the money from those payments to pay off our old bond debts. This, as is already apparent to you, is a Ponzi-scheme on a massive scale. 4) The purchasing power of our dollar will continue to decline. 5) We haven't started producing, saving, and manufacturing again in any way that would reverse our situation or return us to solvency. 6) Our national, state, and personal debts continue to grow.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:37:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:27:34 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2012

40% chance Obama wins. 60% chance someone else wins.

Where'd you get your numbers from? Jimtimmyland.com?

2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Somewhat doubtful, although possible. Deep recessions do typically mean strong recoveries. However, Obama is doing and has done all he can to stop that from happening.

Yes, because Obama wants America to fail. ...for the love of all that is intellectually decent, please tell me you don't genuinely believe that.

3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down.

99% chance that this does not happen in the next four years. It will probably happen for both parties at some time in the distant future, but not any time soon.

The Republican Party has been on the decline since the end of Bush, the ousting of Scott Walker, the 99% Movement, and a series of socially Liberal upsurges. If you think the Democratic Party and Republican party will both die together in the distant future, then you're mistaken. The Republican Party is historically highly hypocritical and untrustworthy (ie Nixon, George H.W, George W). The Democratic party is on the rise, and as is the Libertarian. They will both face off when the Republican party dwindles.

4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

When socialism works. (which will happen when pigs fly)

okay....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:42:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.intrade.com...

Obama has about a 55% chance of winning.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:44:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:42:25 PM, mongoose wrote:
http://www.intrade.com...

Obama has about a 55% chance of winning.

nuh uh, Jimtimmyland.org says that Obama has a 40% chance of winning...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:50:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2008
2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term
3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down
4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

Either the Republican Party will be REPLACED, OR, as many have speculated, the Republican party will, with the new voters and young people entering the party as the old ones leave, start shifting into a kind of classic liberalism or libertarianism.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:55:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 7:37:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:27:34 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:01:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 6:53:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Newt Gingrich - 40%
Mitt Romney - 27%
Rick Santorum - 17%
Ron Paul - 13%

Ron Paul, the clear winner.

It's amazing how delusional some Ron Paul supporters are.

That's obviously not what he meant. Ron Paul is winning in a sense because he's awakening a movement against the status quo that has received a form and might to be reckoned with in the near future. He plays upon the common discontent with Washington politics to introduce ideas so radical and different that people feel compelled to listen. His supporters are the young, and this particular band of youths will be the future coordinators of this libertarian upsurge.

I'm just speculating here, but I think there's reason to believe the following things:
1. Obama will win the election of 2012

40% chance Obama wins. 60% chance someone else wins.

Where'd you get your numbers from? Jimtimmyland.com?

Polls, other factors that affect election, etc.


2. The economy will return to a period of Boom by the end of his term

Somewhat doubtful, although possible. Deep recessions do typically mean strong recoveries. However, Obama is doing and has done all he can to stop that from happening.

Yes, because Obama wants America to fail. ...for the love of all that is intellectually decent, please tell me you don't genuinely believe that.

Please tell me that you don't believe I was trying to say that. Obama doesn wan't America to fail. But, the policies and actions he has taken have had the effect of worsening the economy in the long and short run.


3. The Republican Party will lose support and begin to shut down.

99% chance that this does not happen in the next four years. It will probably happen for both parties at some time in the distant future, but not any time soon.

The Republican Party has been on the decline since the end of Bush, the ousting of Scott Walker, the 99% Movement, and a series of socially Liberal upsurges. If you think the Democratic Party and Republican party will both die together in the distant future, then you're mistaken. The Republican Party is historically highly hypocritical and untrustworthy (ie Nixon, George H.W, George W). The Democratic party is on the rise, and as is the Libertarian. They will both face off when the Republican party dwindles.

I love how you ignore the 2010 elections and the Tea Party. That's right, Republicans won the last elections.

And, the other funny part is that Democrats have been the more corrupt party, historically.

If the Democratic party is on the rise, why did they lose the last election so bad?


4. It will then be replaced by a Libertarian Party

When socialism works. (which will happen when pigs fly)

okay....

As in, it won't happen.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:04:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 8:02:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
*watches Ike and Jimmy fight*

will you stop saying that? You're probably one of those people that yells "fight!" in school when two physically peaceful individuals were merely arguing, provoking them to turn violent.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:06:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 8:04:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:02:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
*watches Ike and Jimmy fight*

will you stop saying that? You're probably one of those people that yells "fight!" in school when two physically peaceful individuals were merely arguing, provoking them to turn violent.

+1

I actually think that is probably accurate.
President of DDO
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:07:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 8:04:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:02:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
*watches Ike and Jimmy fight*

will you stop saying that? You're probably one of those people that yells "fight!" in school when two physically peaceful individuals were merely arguing, provoking them to turn violent.

No, I just am pointing out that whenever you and Jimmy get on the same forum, you start arguing with each other and sling ad homs. And no; I try to stay away from fights. (PS, Ad Hom)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:08:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 8:07:06 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:04:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:02:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
*watches Ike and Jimmy fight*

will you stop saying that? You're probably one of those people that yells "fight!" in school when two physically peaceful individuals were merely arguing, provoking them to turn violent.

No, I just am pointing out that whenever you and Jimmy get on the same forum, you start arguing with each other and sling ad homs. And no; I try to stay away from fights. (PS, Ad Hom)

What ad hominem did you see in the discussion above?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:10:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 8:08:18 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:07:06 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:04:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:02:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
*watches Ike and Jimmy fight*

will you stop saying that? You're probably one of those people that yells "fight!" in school when two physically peaceful individuals were merely arguing, provoking them to turn violent.

No, I just am pointing out that whenever you and Jimmy get on the same forum, you start arguing with each other and sling ad homs. And no; I try to stay away from fights. (PS, Ad Hom)

What ad hominem did you see in the discussion above?

Honestly, the bolded part.
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:12:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/22/2012 8:10:19 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:08:18 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:07:06 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:04:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/22/2012 8:02:22 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
*watches Ike and Jimmy fight*

will you stop saying that? You're probably one of those people that yells "fight!" in school when two physically peaceful individuals were merely arguing, provoking them to turn violent.

No, I just am pointing out that whenever you and Jimmy get on the same forum, you start arguing with each other and sling ad homs. And no; I try to stay away from fights. (PS, Ad Hom)

What ad hominem did you see in the discussion above?

Honestly, the bolded part.

An Ad hom is attacking a person instead of their arguments. You did not make an argument, so ike couldnt have made an ad hom attack on you.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right