Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Gingrich-- Cult of personalit?

tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Mitt Romney said it best, "we are not voting for a talk show host."

To be honest fellow members of DDO, I am terrified that Newt Gingrich might become President, completely terrified. I think he might get us nuked talking to another world leader. That is one of many things I am terrified about.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 12:59:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gingrich is the only person in the GOP field who actually believes in what he says (except maybe Paul but everybody knows that he will not win). All of this crap about him randomly saying something that might hurt people is unsubstantiated. Out of all the previous debates, he had never said something that was "crazy". He is an amazing candidate who is the only one that has actually done something in Washington.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Posts: 10,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 1:01:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Mitt Romney said it best, "we are not voting for a talk show host."

To be honest fellow members of DDO, I am terrified that Newt Gingrich might become President, completely terrified. I think he might get us nuked talking to another world leader. That is one of many things I am terrified about.

Of course they are idiot. He appears to be the Alpha Male in the fight over Romney.
Naturally people go with who they deem to be stronger. But actually he is the most transparent and methodical. They do not understand the mass deception that goes on in politics. This has more to do with fear and anger which breeds irrationality.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 1:03:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 1:01:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Mitt Romney said it best, "we are not voting for a talk show host."

To be honest fellow members of DDO, I am terrified that Newt Gingrich might become President, completely terrified. I think he might get us nuked talking to another world leader. That is one of many things I am terrified about.

Of course they are idiot. He appears to be the Alpha Male in the fight over Romney.
He is the main anti-Romney.
Naturally people go with who they deem to be stronger. But actually he is the most transparent and methodical.
No. Gingrich is the only who is actually honest about his views. Romeny is a RINO and Santorum will not win. Gingrich had a strong record which Romney cannot match.
They do not understand the mass deception that goes on in politics. This has more to do with fear and anger which breeds irrationality.
Right.... Because Gingrich totally breeds irrationality.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 1:44:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 1:01:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Mitt Romney said it best, "we are not voting for a talk show host."

To be honest fellow members of DDO, I am terrified that Newt Gingrich might become President, completely terrified. I think he might get us nuked talking to another world leader. That is one of many things I am terrified about.

Of course they are idiot. He appears to be the Alpha Male in the fight over Romney.
Naturally people go with who they deem to be stronger. But actually he is the most transparent and methodical. They do not understand the mass deception that goes on in politics. This has more to do with fear and anger which breeds irrationality.

Your right man, people do naturally go with the Alpha Male. Wait! How did Hilary get so many votes?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 1:56:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 1:44:39 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/23/2012 1:01:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Mitt Romney said it best, "we are not voting for a talk show host."

To be honest fellow members of DDO, I am terrified that Newt Gingrich might become President, completely terrified. I think he might get us nuked talking to another world leader. That is one of many things I am terrified about.

Of course they are idiot. He appears to be the Alpha Male in the fight over Romney.
Naturally people go with who they deem to be stronger. But actually he is the most transparent and methodical. They do not understand the mass deception that goes on in politics. This has more to do with fear and anger which breeds irrationality.

Your right man, people do naturally go with the Alpha Male. Wait! How did Hilary get so many votes?

You answered your own question.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 2:54:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 1:56:42 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 1/23/2012 1:44:39 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/23/2012 1:01:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Mitt Romney said it best, "we are not voting for a talk show host."

To be honest fellow members of DDO, I am terrified that Newt Gingrich might become President, completely terrified. I think he might get us nuked talking to another world leader. That is one of many things I am terrified about.

Of course they are idiot. He appears to be the Alpha Male in the fight over Romney.
Naturally people go with who they deem to be stronger. But actually he is the most transparent and methodical. They do not understand the mass deception that goes on in politics. This has more to do with fear and anger which breeds irrationality.

Your right man, people do naturally go with the Alpha Male. Wait! How did Hilary get so many votes?

You answered your own question.

Ha, about right!
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 7:04:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Heaven's no! Gingrich is not a very likeable guy. He's telling you to balance your budget and earn a living. Obama is much more likeable. He's telling people that the rich can pay for everything, we can build windmills and make friends with terrorists. Gingrich is your grumpy Dad while Obama is your ever-indulgent Mom. (Although your particular Mom may not be so indulgent; I'm going with stereotypes here.)

What people like about Gingrich is that he is combative. We may suffocate under ever-expanding government,but we don't have to go down without a fight.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 12:05:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/23/2012 7:04:46 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Heaven's no! Gingrich is not a very likeable guy. He's telling you to balance your budget and earn a living. Obama is much more likeable. He's telling people that the rich can pay for everything, we can build windmills and make friends with terrorists. Gingrich is your grumpy Dad while Obama is your ever-indulgent Mom. (Although your particular Mom may not be so indulgent; I'm going with stereotypes here.)

What people like about Gingrich is that he is combative. We may suffocate under ever-expanding government,but we don't have to go down without a fight.

I guess it is not cult of personality per se, rather they just like him and could care less about his policies. You said it yourself people like President Obama because of his actual polices, although you exaggerated them. On the other hand, they like Gingrich because of his personality, he is combative. Lets be real, Gingrich did not win SC because people liked his policies better, they liked his personality.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 12:43:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 12:05:12 AM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/23/2012 7:04:46 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 1/23/2012 12:30:18 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Are people voting for Gingrich just because of his personality?

Heaven's no! Gingrich is not a very likeable guy. He's telling you to balance your budget and earn a living. Obama is much more likeable. He's telling people that the rich can pay for everything, we can build windmills and make friends with terrorists. Gingrich is your grumpy Dad while Obama is your ever-indulgent Mom. (Although your particular Mom may not be so indulgent; I'm going with stereotypes here.)

What people like about Gingrich is that he is combative. We may suffocate under ever-expanding government,but we don't have to go down without a fight.

I guess it is not cult of personality per se, rather they just like him and could care less about his policies. You said it yourself people like President Obama because of his actual polices
Those are goals, not policies.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 11:40:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 12:05:12 AM, tyler90az wrote:
I guess it is not cult of personality per se, rather they just like him and could care less about his policies. You said it yourself people like President Obama because of his actual polices, although you exaggerated them. On the other hand, they like Gingrich because of his personality, he is combative. Lets be real, Gingrich did not win SC because people liked his policies better, they liked his personality.

Yes, I was quibbling about "personality," But you're right that it something other than policy differences. Compared to Obama the policies of Gingrich and Romney are nearly identical. I think that's why both are focused on personal attacks that are really non-issues with respect to the future of the country. Secondary issues like how much fit the candidate shows are important. It would help if the press pushed questions like, "How does your jobs plan differ from your opponents?"
inferno
Posts: 10,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 11:56:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 11:40:16 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 1/24/2012 12:05:12 AM, tyler90az wrote:
I guess it is not cult of personality per se, rather they just like him and could care less about his policies. You said it yourself people like President Obama because of his actual polices, although you exaggerated them. On the other hand, they like Gingrich because of his personality, he is combative. Lets be real, Gingrich did not win SC because people liked his policies better, they liked his personality.

Yes, I was quibbling about "personality," But you're right that it something other than policy differences. Compared to Obama the policies of Gingrich and Romney are nearly identical. I think that's why both are focused on personal attacks that are really non-issues with respect to the future of the country. Secondary issues like how much fit the candidate shows are important. It would help if the press pushed questions like, "How does your jobs plan differ from your opponents?"

Personality is the center interest of politics today.