Jump to topic:

Voters are stupid

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 8:39:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How can one claim he wants transparency when he is the reason for why a politicians actions are concealed. How can one want a Washington outsider, when he is the creator of Washington insiders. How can one hate talking points, when he's only willing to listen to talking points?

In short, politics are specialized methods of persuasion designed to consolidate votes. Politics are designed entirely to what voters want to hear and what they want to see. However, when people decide they hate political pandering and the like, I find that stupid since they're fickle personas and short attention spans are the REASON why serious candidates need to play this game of currying favor.

One does not have the right to complain about something he is responsible for creating.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 8:41:27 PM
I find it funny your calling voters stupid, while they were the ones that voted Obama in.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 8:50:06 PM
At 1/27/2012 8:41:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I find it funny your calling voters stupid, while they were the ones that voted Obama in.

I clearly didn't mean stupid as in idiotic. I meant stupid as in expecting things from the government and national politics that THEY themselves are preventing...but nice red herring.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 8:58:04 PM
So, in other words, the political system is absolutely broken, and there's no point in even voting, as all politicians are just pandering.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:00:02 PM
At 1/27/2012 8:58:04 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, in other words, the political system is absolutely broken, and there's no point in even voting, as all politicians are just pandering.

I wish that was wrong.