1/29/2012 12:23:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
As of now the polls show this in Florida:

01/28 PPP (D) -- Romney 40, Gingrich 32, Santorum 15
01/28 Reuters -- Romney 43, Gingrich 32, Santorum 16
01/27 WarRoom -- Romney 40, Gingrich 30, Santorum 15
01/27 Reuters -- Romney 41, Gingrich 33, Santorum 13
01/26 Sunshine/VSS -- Romney 40, Gingrich 31, Santorum 12

I am no longer including Ron Paul as he is no longer a real factor in the race for Florida (his polls all single digits).

So what happens if Mitt Romney wins the nomination? It seems he will undoubtedly be the nominee unless Gingrich gets enough delegates to prove otherwise. Santorum is still a factor because he is the cancer that is making the conservatives lose if he endorses Gingrich now then Gingrich may win Florida with just a handful of votes and he is closer to Romney than Santorum is anyway. Usually it calls for the conservative with the least amount of votes to leave the race (like Perry in S.C. or Bachmann in Iowa). Furthermore, on paper Santorum is actually not doing good. He is in last place as of now with the least amount of delegates and the least amount of popular votes. Ron Paul has beat him with more delegates and votes, but he is still getting so few that he will not be a factor anymore unless he wins a some states which won't help him anyway.

However, what if Gingrich wins Florida in an upset? Then the race will be close. As of now Gingrich is projected to mainly win southern and some western states if the nomination were today with Romney getting the rest. Maybe 1 or 2 will go for Santorum and most likely none for Paul. It would then be a long fight between Gingrich and Romney to win the nomination.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 12:35:40 AM
Romney gets it ok get over it mitt has won
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 12:37:30 AM
Newt will implode in a few weeks then another Santorum surge then newt drops out then rick gets a minus urge he collapses Ron and mitt synge paul loses to mitt
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 12:38:15 AM
At 1/29/2012 12:37:30 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Newt will implode in a few weeks then another Santorum surge then newt drops out then rick gets a mini urge he collapses Ron and mitt surge paul loses to mitt

Fixed
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 11:54:59 AM
I wish Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney challenged each other to a duel. Then, with accurate shots at each other, Rick Santorum jumps between the bullets in an attempt to save the two men's lives; however, the bullets continue unfazed through Santorum and through the bodies of two of his opponents. Thus, eliminating all three right-wing corporate robots, and leaving the only honest candidate to take out the left-wing corporate robot: Ron Paul.

Ron Paul Revolution 2012
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 12:06:55 PM
At 1/29/2012 11:54:59 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I wish Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney challenged each other to a duel. Then, with accurate shots at each other, Rick Santorum jumps between the bullets in an attempt to save the two men's lives; however, the bullets continue unfazed through Santorum and through the bodies of two of his opponents. Thus, eliminating all three right-wing corporate robots, and leaving the only honest candidate to take out the left-wing corporate robot: Ron Paul.

Ron Paul Revolution 2012

such as vivid imagination
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 12:07:28 PM
At 1/29/2012 12:06:55 PM, DanT wrote:

Ron Paul Revolution 2012

such a vivid imagination

don't know why I keep hitting the s key
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:13:43 PM
At 1/29/2012 12:07:28 PM, DanT wrote:
At 1/29/2012 12:06:55 PM, DanT wrote:

Ron Paul Revolution 2012

such a vivid imagination

don't know why I keep hitting the s key

I think on the news one day someone said the Republican race for nomination is like a stagecoach with Mitt Romney at reigns driving the thing as fast possible to win the nomination, Newt Gingrich is riding shotgun trying to take out as much opposition as possible, Rick Santorum is the sheriff or something in the coach taking some big shots at the opposition too, and Ron Paul is the gamble who says there is nothing to worry about while an arrow is shot through his head. So your imagination is actually wrong, this one is right,

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:18:21 PM
At 1/29/2012 12:23:27 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I am no longer including Ron Paul as he is no longer a real factor in the race for Florida (his polls all single digits).

Yeah, Florida is the Retirement State, and Ron Paul isn't too popular amongst old people. A lot of them still have a WWII or Cold War mindset and believe the United States should patrol the world.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:19:31 PM
At 1/29/2012 12:23:27 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Waiting for GeoLaurate.......
I hope Romney wins, so I can watch him get owned by Obama
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:19:34 PM

Ron Paul Revolution 2012

I don't think death is the solution.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 4:39:27 PM
At 1/29/2012 1:19:34 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Ron Paul Revolution 2012

I don't think death is the solution.

Why on earth would Santorum jump between the bullets? He'd see it as a perfect opportunity to watch two of his main competitors kill each other off. He's not selfless.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 7:24:17 PM
At 1/29/2012 12:35:40 AM, 16kadams wrote:

Wrong, Elephant Watcher has calculated in their post "The Santorum Dilemma":

"Having performed well in the debate on Thursday, Rick Santorum is slowly creeping up in some Florida polls. This should worry Newt Gingrich: In the final days before voting, Santorum's numbers ought to fall as Anti-Romney voters coalesce behind Gingrich. If Santorum's numbers are similar to or greater than Romney's margin of victory in the Florida Primary, Gingrich may be prompted to complain that he would have won if the conservative vote hadn't split. Under such conditions, Gingrich wouldn't be shy about asking Santorum to quit the race."

Thus, Santorum will be called to quit and should.

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 7:27:45 PM
At 1/29/2012 7:24:17 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

"Having performed well in the debate on Thursday, Rick Santorum is slowly creeping up in some Florida polls. This should worry Newt Gingrich: In the final days before voting, Santorum's numbers ought to fall as Anti-Romney voters coalesce behind Gingrich. If Santorum's numbers are similar to or greater than Romney's margin of victory in the Florida Primary, Gingrich may be prompted to complain that he would have won if the conservative vote hadn't split. Under such conditions, Gingrich wouldn't be shy about asking Santorum to quit the race."

I love how your reasoning seems to be "Elephant Watcher said so, so it is true."
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 10:11:14 PM
At 1/29/2012 7:27:45 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 1/29/2012 7:24:17 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

I love how your reasoning seems to be "Elephant Watcher said so, so it is true."

Elephant Watcher has not said that it was true, but it does accurately predict things. For example they predicted Santorum's momentum would go down in South Carolina and it did because Newt Gingrich has more money and is more conservative. Ron Paul is irrelevant to the race according to them and he has never risen above 0% chance of winning so it seems to be true. Plus when Elephant Watcher made the predictions in 2008 they were always right. However, Elephant Watcher is predicting that Newt Gingrich will call for Santorum's resign and Elephant Watcher believes that to keep the conservatives alive Santorum must leave.