Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Anarchists for Border Control

Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 10:28:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anarchism is a Eurocentric ideology.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 10:59:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 10:28:02 AM, Reasoning wrote:


Anarchism is a Eurocentric ideology.

I watched about 1 minute of the video. Just because Anarcho-Socialism has mostly attracted Caucasians does not mean that it is Eurocentric. In order to be Eurocentric, it would have to actively advocate resolving issues through the lens of European dominance/Caucasian dominance.

Minorities tend to be in lower socio-economic classes, and lower socio-economic classes tend to be less politically active.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:30:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 10:59:46 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/31/2012 10:28:02 AM, Reasoning wrote:


Anarchism is a Eurocentric ideology.

I watched about 1 minute of the video. Just because Anarcho-Socialism has mostly attracted Caucasians does not mean that it is Eurocentric. In order to be Eurocentric, it would have to actively advocate resolving issues through the lens of European dominance/Caucasian dominance.

Anarchism was a European idea (Proudhon, Bakunin and Kropotkin have a few things in common. Such as being white men.) And today 90% of anarchists are white despite anarchists best attempts at appealing to minorities. It just won't work and likely never will. We need to accept this.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 2:09:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 12:30:48 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/31/2012 10:59:46 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/31/2012 10:28:02 AM, Reasoning wrote:


Anarchism is a Eurocentric ideology.

I watched about 1 minute of the video. Just because Anarcho-Socialism has mostly attracted Caucasians does not mean that it is Eurocentric. In order to be Eurocentric, it would have to actively advocate resolving issues through the lens of European dominance/Caucasian dominance.

Anarchism was a European idea (Proudhon, Bakunin and Kropotkin have a few things in common. Such as being white men.) And today 90% of anarchists are white despite anarchists best attempts at appealing to minorities. It just won't work and likely never will. We need to accept this.

This is why it does not work:

Minorities tend to be in lower socio-economic classes, and lower socio-economic classes tend to be less politically active.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:35:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 2:09:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is why it does not work:

Minorities tend to be in lower socio-economic classes, and lower socio-economic classes tend to be less politically active.

Precisely. So why are anarchists focusing so much attention on them? Our base is middle-class white males.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:41:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 3:35:06 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/31/2012 2:09:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is why it does not work:

Minorities tend to be in lower socio-economic classes, and lower socio-economic classes tend to be less politically active.

Precisely. So why are anarchists focusing so much attention on them? Our base is middle-class white males.

Because some people, unlike you, care for the well being of others.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 4:22:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 3:41:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Because some people, unlike you, care for the well being of others.

It' precisely that I care about well-being that I don't get it. Anarchism would be extraordinarily beneficial, don't you agree? So why are we wasting our time with those you admit are less likely to join us?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 4:32:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 4:22:03 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/31/2012 3:41:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Because some people, unlike you, care for the well being of others.

It' precisely that I care about well-being that I don't get it. Anarchism would be extraordinarily beneficial, don't you agree? So why are we wasting our time with those you admit are less likely to join us?

One of my friends from high school is a Pakistani Anarchist. He had no influence from me. Snoop Dogg just endorsed Ron Paul. Tupac had an album called Killuminati.

Matter of fact, Ron Paul gets more support from minorities than any other GOP candidate. Btw Bakhunin was Russian, a minority. The only Anarchist nation in the world is Somolia and that's in Africa.

Plus, look at the millions and millions of white folks and Europeans who hate Anarchy.

And Reasoning, you are violating principles of Libertarianism. Libertarianism doesn't view people in groups it views them as individuals. Groups it's a collectivist, non-Anarchist view point.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat