Jump to topic:

Armchair Psycho-Analysis of Conspiracists

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 4:44:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Armchair pseudo-psycho analysis of a post by a conspiracist is not a valid rebuttal.

i.e. "Conspiracy theorists look for disparate facts and try to cleverly fashion them in ways to validate their off-the-wall beliefs." -- Paradigm Lost

"conspiracy theorists will latch onto anything that they think that will support their evidence." -- UnStupendousMan

How about you address the arguments, facts, and evidence presented at hand by the conspiracist. Sure, I may add a "personal attack" at the end of my posts, but that doesn't negate the fact that I first put forth an actual argument with actual evidence or a sound line of reasoning.

The stupidity on behalf of the detractors earns them the title of "NWO mind control slave puppet." Why? Because they haven't turned their critical thinking abilities on and failed to see the blatant agenda to gain centralized power, expanded power, and an eventual overt global governance in the hands of sick, psychopathic global elites. They instead ridicule those trying to bring awareness to the deep researches of conspiracy researchers. They perpetuate ignorance. They think they're free while living their whole life subjected to authority and a big web of unjust laws imposed by force.

This web of control has control of the media and has led you to believe there is no conspiracy and that it is just politics of usual. Why hasn't the media given significant coverage to the Bilderberg Group, the Bohemian Grove, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the secret society of affiliations of world leaders? I thought the media loves juicy news stories and scandals? I can tell you why:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

-- David Rockefeller Baden-Baden, Germany 1991
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 4:52:26 AM
At 2/1/2012 4:44:26 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
How about you address the arguments, facts, and evidence presented at hand by the conspiracist.
All done. The conspiracists persist for too long.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 3:17:52 PM
At 2/1/2012 4:52:26 AM, Mirza wrote:
How about you address the arguments, facts, and evidence presented at hand by the conspiracist.

False. Conspiracists bring convincing evidence and detractors weasel their way around, raise the goalpost repeatedly, and deny or ignore blatant facts in front of their face.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 5:22:58 PM
At 2/1/2012 3:17:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/1/2012 4:52:26 AM, Mirza wrote:

False. Conspiracists bring convincing evidence and detractors weasel their way around, raise the goalpost repeatedly, and deny or ignore blatant facts in front of their face.

The "evidence" is only convincing to conspiracists because they've been conditioned to believe it. With skeptics the opposite is true... so where does that leave us? The only argument is to claim that you somehow know better than everyone else, in which case good luck getting anyone to listen.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 6:24:06 PM
At 2/1/2012 5:22:58 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 2/1/2012 3:17:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

The "evidence" is only convincing to conspiracists because they've been conditioned to believe it.

False. Conspiracists broke their conditioning. Please tell me, in what way have conspiracists been conditioned to believe anything? Perhaps you don't understand what conditioning is. Being exposed to unpopular information by one man is not conditioning. Being raised from cradle to grave to believe conventional beliefs is conditioning.

With skeptics the opposite is true...

False. Skeptics are conditioned to believe that the U.S. government is the one benign government that would never work against it's people completely disregarding the history of past governments.

so where does that leave us? The only argument is to claim that you somehow know better than everyone else

False. I don't claim to know better than everyone else. I share my sources of knowledge with everyone who I argue with.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 6:26:36 PM
Some conspiracies are believable.

However, the all-powerful NWO stance takes such a blatantly ad hoc approach to foreign affairs (like claiming Osama works for the same agent as Bush in 2001) that would stun even a basic student of international politics.

You can always make up a "just-so" story to fit world events. If FDR had decided to not attack the Japanese after Pear Harbor, conspiracists would claim Illuminati wanted it. FDR attacked the Japanese after Pearl Harbor, and the conspiracists could just as easily claim Illuminati ordered that too.

There is no ultimate political pattern that, after the fact, can't be attributed to Illuminati. A local mayor wins an election? Illuminati. He loses the election? Illuminati.

Then, when asked for motivation, conspiracists claim that there is no need to justify WHY these people want a one world government: it is simply assumed that these people want power for the sake of power.

Conspiracists can further claim that no matter WHAT happens, the Illuminati wanted it since it lends to their ultimate plan for world domination.

That's why conspiracy theorists such as yourself, Geo, are not taken seriously.

Or, prove me wrong. What is an example of an event or series of events that could happen in the future which leads you to believe there is no Illuminati controlling the world.

Or are your beliefs unfalsifiable?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 6:32:55 PM
Here are some examples of falsifiable conspiracies (some of which I believe have merit):

1. Bush and Cheney purposefully had the 9/11 commission suppress testimony that presented them in a bad light and attributed some terrorist motivation to Israel.

2. Bush and Cheney already had plans to go into Iraq before 9/11, they made up WMDs, and went into Iraq under false pretenses.

3. JFK was shot by more than one person.

4. JFK's death was orchestrated by the mob.

5. America's military overthrows (namely, western hemisphere) of small countries based more an economic imperatives for multi-national corporations than the safety and security of American citizens.

6. The raid on Bin Laden did not result in his death.

Discovering specific, new facts could falsify any of these.

Note, I say "new" not just negating previous facts.

See how this works?
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:48:01 AM
I had an encounter with a 'conspiracy theorist' few years ago... He used to 'preach' hollow earth theory and that the 'America' is hiding information about it. People in his group used to provoke him and then enjoy as he continued speaking and speaking and speaking! I decided to listen to what he was saying and examine the evidence systematically. Three days later, he stopped talking to me about his theories!

http://www.hollowearththeory.com...

Funny thing is - I came across work of Mostafa Abdelkader and associated articles by Martin Gardner and was fascinated. I could have actually helped him in making his theory much more scientific!

http://www.amazon.ca...

(Don't worry. As far as I know - the earth below you is unlikely to be hollow!)
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 3:50:50 AM
There is not a single person alive, nor one one that has ever Bean, whom is not under the illusion that they are justified in their opinions when, in-fact, all such justification is self-manifested.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord