Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO makes you more liberal.

Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:16:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Before someone says "gasp. koopin is back." Go check my post in the debate.org forum section.

Anyway, once I left DDO and got on facebook, it was a strang political shift. I went from a mostly liberal to a mostly consevtive setting. It made me examine myself and my political views. I realize that DDO has changed me. Maybe not by to much, but some. I look at some of my friends and think, do you really think this way. It's hard to explain. Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys how much you've all corrupted me.
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.
kfc
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd say it makes me less.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:51:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.

It doesn't make you liberal but libertarian, I have almost switched but then become a staunch conservative again. I feel like mitt Romney, liberal, moderate, conservative, flip flop.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:56:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:51:10 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.

It doesn't make you liberal but libertarian, I have almost switched but then become a staunch conservative again. I feel like mitt Romney, liberal, moderate, conservative, flip flop.

You went back? We'll have to try harder then.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:02:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:56:39 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:51:10 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.

It doesn't make you liberal but libertarian, I have almost switched but then become a staunch conservative again. I feel like mitt Romney, liberal, moderate, conservative, flip flop.

You went back? We'll have to try harder then.

Go Conservatives!
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:03:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:02:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:56:39 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:51:10 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.

It doesn't make you liberal but libertarian, I have almost switched but then become a staunch conservative again. I feel like mitt Romney, liberal, moderate, conservative, flip flop.

You went back? We'll have to try harder then.

Go Conservatives!

I sense a war...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:10:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:03:35 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:02:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:56:39 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:51:10 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.

It doesn't make you liberal but libertarian, I have almost switched but then become a staunch conservative again. I feel like mitt Romney, liberal, moderate, conservative, flip flop.

You went back? We'll have to try harder then.

Go Conservatives!

I sense a war...

Oops, sorry I didn't mean to.

This site hasn't made me liberal one bit.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:42:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:10:57 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:03:35 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:02:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:56:39 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:51:10 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:49:17 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:39:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Really? Facebook is conservative? I wouldn't expect that given disproportionate representation of college students.

All my friends from real life are conservative. That is what I am talking about.

It doesn't make you liberal but libertarian, I have almost switched but then become a staunch conservative again. I feel like mitt Romney, liberal, moderate, conservative, flip flop.

You went back? We'll have to try harder then.

Go Conservatives!

I sense a war...

Oops, sorry I didn't mean to.

This site hasn't made me liberal one bit.

Maybe Koopins just weak....:)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:41:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:50:06 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I'd say it makes me less.:

Well, you're to the Right of Vlad the Impaler sooooo.... yyyyyyyeahhhhhh........
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:01:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was a moderate-liberal, but am now a Progressive.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:13:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 12:15:56 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
I was a hard core Neo Con when I came here. I then became an anarchist.

Now, I don't know what I am. Lol.

Yeah but you're of the paleo-libertarianism of Thomas Woods or Hans Hermann-Hoppe that makes me want to vomit.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:16:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If I remember correctly, Socialpinko used to be, well, a social pinko.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).
President of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:23:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:16:23 PM, Reasoning wrote:
If I remember correctly, Socialpinko used to be, well, a social pinko.

Perhaps my name still applies, social meaning culturally and pinko meaning liberal.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:35:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

This. But something I have noticed is that there seems to be a lot more conservatives on here than there was before I left.
kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:36:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:35:08 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

This. But something I have noticed is that there seems to be a lot more conservatives on here than there was before I left.

Unfortunately they seem to like reveling in the fact that they're conservative, rather than contribute to meaningful discussion.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:36:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

Not for long. http://www.debate.org...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:52:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:36:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

Not for long. http://www.debate.org...

When do we do this?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 5:59:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:52:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:36:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

Not for long. http://www.debate.org...

When do we do this?

Whenever Ore_Ele decides to get off of his arse and make a thread.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:13:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

Not for long. http://www.debate.org...:

For the longest time, every time we would hold a vote, little changed... right-leaning libertarians seemed to consistently dominate with a few outliers on the fringes. As of late, that seems to be changing, particularly the amount of members on the extremist fringe of Statism.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:23:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:36:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:35:08 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

This. But something I have noticed is that there seems to be a lot more conservatives on here than there was before I left.

Unfortunately they seem to like reveling in the fact that they're conservative, rather than contribute to meaningful discussion.

I personally think I've contributed to the site in meaningful discussion.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:05:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:36:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:35:08 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

This. But something I have noticed is that there seems to be a lot more conservatives on here than there was before I left.

Unfortunately they seem to like reveling in the fact that they're conservative, rather than contribute to meaningful discussion.

This. I hate when people do "oh I'm [whatever] and I'm right/better than you!" thing.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:06:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 8:05:38 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:36:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:35:08 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:29:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 5:20:18 PM, Danielle wrote:
I hate talking about politics on Facebook, because most people I know IRL are extremely liberal. Similarly, I hate talking about politics on DDO because of the influx of Conservatives who make my liberal Facebook friends seem like geniuses. I really don't know how Koopin thinks DDO is liberal-friendly. If anything there is just a lot of "social liberalism" because of the libertarians and anarchists; i.e., they don't give a crap about people's personal lives (and rightfully so).:

I think DDO is overwhelmingly socially liberal, but overwhelmingly economically conservative.

This. But something I have noticed is that there seems to be a lot more conservatives on here than there was before I left.

Unfortunately they seem to like reveling in the fact that they're conservative, rather than contribute to meaningful discussion.

This. I hate when people do "oh I'm [whatever] and I'm right/better than you!" thing.

THIS!!! Times infinity!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:10:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 5:13:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/3/2012 12:15:56 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
I was a hard core Neo Con when I came here. I then became an anarchist.

Now, I don't know what I am. Lol.

Yeah but you're of the paleo-libertarianism of Thomas Woods or Hans Hermann-Hoppe that makes me want to vomit.

What about it makes you want to vomit?
President of DDO