Jump to topic:

The United States is In Trouble...

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:07:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If our debt keeps rising the way it is the system is eventually going to break down and if the dollar goes down most of the world comes with it.

The system just can't sustain itself, there's no way to go 1.5 trillion dollars in the hole YEARLY and continue to function properly. The thought is simply unfanthomable.

You have three options:

print more money --> devalues currency
let the money run out --> we go broke
change Washington...

None of these are good and the first one is probably the most likely and the most dangerous since our currency truly is backed by faith alone since there is no longer any gold behind it eventually people are going to realize the dollar is worthless and the whole system will collapse...

It's coming, we're all in serious trouble.

Does anyone have any solutions?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:11:50 PM
Cut welfare
Cut Medicaid
Cut uneeded social security
Freeze military spending to prevent an increase
Cut uneeded mandatory spending
End useless laws that need to be enforced (like the one against a burning drink)
Cut the EPA funding
Stop funding abortions use it to pay debt
The departmrnt of energy is worthless abolish it!

Vs

Raise taxes

I call the first one!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:12:22 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:10:54 PM, rogue wrote:
Tax the rich bitches. They are the only ones with the money and they won't even notice the difference.

-sigh- so naive...

That won't solve ANYTHING! The whole system is erroded. Our money is WORTHLESS. What makes that dollar in your pocket worth ANYTHING?

The answer is faith... and faith alone.

Taxing anyone isn't the problem. The whole financial system is busted. Rich or poor its all broken.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:13:10 PM
Return to the gold standard?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:14:24 PM
Tax the rich bitches. They are the only ones with the money and they won't even notice the difference.

Actually that would not create economic stability and would raise unemployment, which would lead to lower incomes which leads to less taxes. Cutting taxes on them would make them inclined to hire more, leading to more wealth which = more ppl paying taxes which raises revanue. Cutting= solution.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:15:59 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:13:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

England did it, ruined their economy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:19:14 PM

It also may lead to booms and busts as it would do better or worse depending on economic conditions, leading to uneeded busts.
http://www.istockanalyst.com...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:19:21 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:15:59 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Then what do you propose? The whole system is broken.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:19:56 PM

"But in April 1925, the Conservative Chancellor, Winston Churchill, on advice from the Bank of England, restored the Pound Sterling to the gold standard at its prewar exchange rate of 4.86 US dollars. This made the pound convertible to its value in gold, but at a level that made British exports more expensive on world markets. The economic recovery was immediately slowed. To offset the effects of the high exchange rate, the export industries tried to cut costs by lowering workers' wages, provoking the General Strike of May 1926"

Straight from your source. It was over-valuing their currency that led to economic slump, not the Gold standard. (although I dont support it.)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:20:18 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:19:47 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I'm telling you, eventually this entire system is going to collapse like it did before the Dark Ages... just watch.

Dang I want a gun...

I have 9. No kidding
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:20:59 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:12:22 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

-sigh- so naive...

That won't solve ANYTHING! The whole system is erroded. Our money is WORTHLESS. What makes that dollar in your pocket worth ANYTHING?

Taxing anyone isn't the problem. The whole financial system is busted. Rich or poor its all broken.

But to make the economy work you need circulation of money. The only people who have money to spare on the rich. They control an obscene amount of our economy.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:21:18 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:19:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Then what do you propose? The whole system is broken.

Abolish the federal reserve then ease into deflation very slowly to increase the worth of the dollar and not kill the economy. But all I know is the gold standard is a bad idea.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:22:46 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:11:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Cut welfare
Cut Medicaid

Seriously you are gonna cut money from people who need it rather than take a little away from people that don't? What is wrong with you?

Cut uneeded social security
Freeze military spending to prevent an increase
Cut uneeded mandatory spending
End useless laws that need to be enforced (like the one against a burning drink)
Cut the EPA funding

You are denying the immense amount of scientific evidence that shows that global climate change is imminent. Educate yourself.

Stop funding abortions use it to pay debt
The departmrnt of energy is worthless abolish it!

You are just dumb.

Vs

Raise taxes

I call the first one!

This is fvcked up.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:23:14 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:20:59 PM, rogue wrote:

-sigh- so naive...

But to make the economy work you need circulation of money. The only people who have money to spare on the rich. They control an obscene amount of our economy.

What I'm trying to tell you is that money you want to circulate is worthless and the way we've spent and handled the economy has damaged it beyond repair.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:23:41 PM
I'm telling you, eventually this entire system is going to collapse like it did before the Dark Ages... just watch.

Dang I want a gun...

Have 21
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:24:20 PM

-sigh- so naive...

See my response it refutes. (1st page)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:24:50 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:23:41 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Dang I want a gun...

Have 21

What kinds?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:24:53 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:14:24 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Actually that would not create economic stability and would raise unemployment, which would lead to lower incomes which leads to less taxes. Cutting taxes on them would make them inclined to hire more, leading to more wealth which = more ppl paying taxes which raises revanue. Cutting= solution.

Where are the jobs that were supposed to be created all the times we cut taxes for the rich? I don't see them! You know what happened when we cut taxes for the rich unders Nixon? Our economy plummeted. Taxes on the rich were much much higher in the 60s and 70s and the economy was better. That is one way that Clinton was able to put us surplus under his presidency. What did Bush do? Cut taxes on the rich. What happened? This sh!t.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:25:18 PM

Actually that would not create economic stability and would raise unemployment, which :would lead to lower incomes which leads to less taxes. Cutting taxes on them would make them inclined to hire more, leading to more wealth which = more ppl paying taxes which raises revanue. Cutting= solution.

Where are the jobs that were supposed to be created all the times we cut taxes for the rich? I don't see them! You know what happened when we cut taxes for the rich unders Nixon? Our economy plummeted. Taxes on the rich were much much higher in the 60s and 70s and the economy was better. That is one way that Clinton was able to put us surplus under his presidency. What did Bush do? Cut taxes on the rich. What happened? This sh!t.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:26:24 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:23:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

-sigh- so naive...

What I'm trying to tell you is that money you want to circulate is worthless and the way we've spent and handled the economy has damaged it beyond repair.

if it is circulated its worth will go up.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:26:58 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:25:18 PM, rogue wrote:

Actually that would not create economic stability and would raise unemployment, which :would lead to lower incomes which leads to less taxes. Cutting taxes on them would make them inclined to hire more, leading to more wealth which = more ppl paying taxes which raises revanue. Cutting= solution.

Clinton ran a surplus with the money from Social Security so get off that.

Anyways, I'm so beyond this. To me its all meaningless because its just paper... Its just paper! No worth, no protection, no nothing. Take it all from the rich, every penny, I don't care but it won't make a single bit of difference.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:27:24 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:24:53 PM, rogue wrote:

this x 1000000
rogue.....i think i love you LOL
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:27:37 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:26:24 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:23:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

-sigh- so naive...

if it is circulated its worth will go up.

Why? Because you believe it will? It's backed by nothing!
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:27:59 PM

Cutting also decreases circulation of money. Once you take an econ class you will understand why that is bad.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:28:35 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:26:58 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Anyways, I'm so beyond this. To me its all meaningless because its just paper... Its just paper! No worth, no protection, no nothing. Take it all from the rich, every penny, I don't care but it won't make a single bit of difference.

The USD has value because it is percieved to have value. It was a hard concept for me to grasp initially as well, but remember perception is reality. Gold is just a metal.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:28:52 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:27:24 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:24:53 PM, rogue wrote:

this x 1000000
rogue.....i think i love you LOL

Yay! :D <3
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:29:43 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:28:35 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:26:58 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The USD has value because it is percieved to have value. It was a hard concept for me to grasp initially as well, but remember perception is reality. Gold is just a metal.

Oh I know, but the point is when things get tough, when everyone is broke, when we are 25 trillion in the hole people are going to realize, when the system is breaking down, that its all worthless.

Think about it.