Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Most Disgusting Post I Have Ever Seen

rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:53:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This was said by conservativepolitico:

"Equality is a joke and worse its disgusting.

You're way of thinking is drag the upper part of society down to the dregs where the losers live."

We were talking about helping the poor. This is not taken out of context look for yourselves in another thread. I just want everyone to know what kind of selfish bigots we have on this site.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:54:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:53:21 PM, rogue wrote:
This was said by conservativepolitico:



"Equality is a joke and worse its disgusting.

You're way of thinking is drag the upper part of society down to the dregs where the losers live."

We were talking about helping the poor. This is not taken out of context look for yourselves in another thread. I just want everyone to know what kind of selfish bigots we have on this site.

Selfish? Biggot?

I desrve every penny I work for and not ONE cent should be taken from me to give to an "unlucky" person who has been "screwed by the system".

That is complete pull.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:56:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The only way to create equality economically is socialism which is a bad idea. Also welfare is supposed to do this but is unconstitutional:
"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated." - Thomas Jefferson, 1798

Now, social equality (like blacks and whites) is a good thing. He is referring to economic equality, I believe, do he is fairly correct.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:56:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:54:45 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:53:21 PM, rogue wrote:
This was said by conservativepolitico:



"Equality is a joke and worse its disgusting.

You're way of thinking is drag the upper part of society down to the dregs where the losers live."

We were talking about helping the poor. This is not taken out of context look for yourselves in another thread. I just want everyone to know what kind of selfish bigots we have on this site.

Selfish? Biggot?

I desrve every penny I work for and not ONE cent should be taken from me to give to an "unlucky" person who has been "screwed by the system".

That is complete pull.

This too
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You forget the rich make the jobs...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:57:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:56:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
The only way to create equality economically is socialism which is a bad idea. Also welfare is supposed to do this but is unconstitutional:
"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated." - Thomas Jefferson, 1798

Now, social equality (like blacks and whites) is a good thing. He is referring to economic equality, I believe, do he is fairly correct.

Economic equality yes.

Economic equality is a joke becaue people don't have equal abilities. Some people are more gifted than others and they will get more money as they should.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:03:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What are we defining as the upper part of society?

Because my definition of upper part of society includes those who actually attempt to get by. This means that I would take a single mother working 3 jobs to feed her kids as part of the upper society, and I take Paris Hilton and such as part of the losers.

The single mother is elite.
Paris Hilton is a serf in my eyes.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:19:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:53:21 PM, rogue wrote:
This was said by conservativepolitico:



"Equality is a joke and worse its disgusting.

You're way of thinking is drag the upper part of society down to the dregs where the losers live."

We were talking about helping the poor. This is not taken out of context look for yourselves in another thread. I just want everyone to know what kind of selfish bigots we have on this site.

There's nothing bigoted about being selfish.

I find not being selfish disgusting.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:20:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Practically speaking, programs aimed at helping the poor have failed miserably.

Most of the money for welfare goes to bureacrats, not actual poor people who need it. Private charity is much more efficient. (http://mises.org...)

And, there are a ton of perverse incentives created by the welfare structure. Incentives to remain dependant, get pregnant before getting married, and many other undesirable behaviors.
President of DDO
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:32:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:20:43 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Practically speaking, programs aimed at helping the poor have failed miserably.

Most of the money for welfare goes to bureacrats, not actual poor people who need it. Private charity is much more efficient. (http://mises.org...)


And, there are a ton of perverse incentives created by the welfare structure. Incentives to remain dependant, get pregnant before getting married, and many other undesirable behaviors.

Not really. You can't go anywhere or better your standard of living on welfare.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:33:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:32:07 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:20:43 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Practically speaking, programs aimed at helping the poor have failed miserably.

Most of the money for welfare goes to bureacrats, not actual poor people who need it. Private charity is much more efficient. (http://mises.org...)


And, there are a ton of perverse incentives created by the welfare structure. Incentives to remain dependant, get pregnant before getting married, and many other undesirable behaviors.

Not really. You can't go anywhere or better your standard of living on welfare.

Without welfare they'd have a better incentive to do something. You might even have to leave the country like the old days where you migrated to other places to work.

Its Darwinism: survive or die.

I thought you idolized him?
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:34:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Actually taxes raised. The CBO says 100 billion in tax cuts for the rich would create jobs.

Source; http://m.theatlantic.com...

Really use economic thought not knee jerk reactions.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:35:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Probably got dragged down the hole by the regulations given them, and the rational expectations of future taxes for Obamacare given them.

Also, frictional costs.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:36:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:35:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Probably got dragged down the hole by the regulations given them, and the rational expectations of future taxes for Obamacare given them.

How would regulations stop job creation?

Also, frictional costs.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:37:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:34:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Actually taxes raised. The CBO says 100 billion in tax cuts for the rich would create jobs.

Source; http://m.theatlantic.com...

Really use economic thought not knee jerk reactions.

I'm talking about under Bush.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:38:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:37:30 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:34:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Actually taxes raised. The CBO says 100 billion in tax cuts for the rich would create jobs.

Source; http://m.theatlantic.com...

Really use economic thought not knee jerk reactions.

I'm talking about under Bush.

Omg you are such a typical liberal *rolls eyes*

Blame Bush of course.

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupiditiy."

I'm out for tonight... later DDO.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:40:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:33:50 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:32:07 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:20:43 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Practically speaking, programs aimed at helping the poor have failed miserably.

Most of the money for welfare goes to bureacrats, not actual poor people who need it. Private charity is much more efficient. (http://mises.org...)


And, there are a ton of perverse incentives created by the welfare structure. Incentives to remain dependant, get pregnant before getting married, and many other undesirable behaviors.

Not really. You can't go anywhere or better your standard of living on welfare.

Without welfare they'd have a better incentive to do something. You might even have to leave the country like the old days where you migrated to other places to work.

A better standard of living is enough incentive. Otherwise if they are happy living horribly on welfare then I am fine with that. We are keeping them alive and that's all we are required to do.

Its Darwinism: survive or die.

I thought you idolized him?

Oh please. I believe in Darwin's theory but what makes up above animals is the fact that we actually see worth in one another and help each other. Are you saying we revert back to animal mentality?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:40:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:36:52 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:35:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Probably got dragged down the hole by the regulations given them, and the rational expectations of future taxes for Obamacare given them.

How would regulations stop job creation?

Raise cost of doing business, forbid certain innovations, make you divert money from growth sectors to lawyers... How the hell could you think they wouldn't?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:41:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:38:44 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:37:30 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:34:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Actually taxes raised. The CBO says 100 billion in tax cuts for the rich would create jobs.

Source; http://m.theatlantic.com...

Really use economic thought not knee jerk reactions.

I'm talking about under Bush.

Omg you are such a typical liberal *rolls eyes*

Blame Bush of course.

Yeah I blame Bush! We were in surplus when Clinton left office! Where are we after Bush?!

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupiditiy."

I'm out for tonight... later DDO.
Halt06
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:48:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 9:56:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
The only way to create equality economically is socialism which is a bad idea.

I thought of this story when i read your post.

An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had once failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama's socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer. The professor then said, "OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama's plan". All grades would be averaged and everyone would receive the same grade so no one would fail and no one would receive an A. After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little. The second test average was a D! No one was happy. When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F. The scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else. All failed, to their great surprise, and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed.

Could not be any simpler than that.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:50:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:41:28 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:38:44 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:37:30 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:34:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Actually taxes raised. The CBO says 100 billion in tax cuts for the rich would create jobs.

Source; http://m.theatlantic.com...

Really use economic thought not knee jerk reactions.

I'm talking about under Bush.

Omg you are such a typical liberal *rolls eyes*

Blame Bush of course.

Yeah I blame Bush! We were in surplus when Clinton left office! Where are we after Bush?!]

With a bigger government of course.

And then bigger still after Obama.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:11:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:40:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:36:52 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:35:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Probably got dragged down the hole by the regulations given them, and the rational expectations of future taxes for Obamacare given them.

How would regulations stop job creation?

Raise cost of doing business, forbid certain innovations, make you divert money from growth sectors to lawyers... How the hell could you think they wouldn't?

Because they have so much extra money already.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:13:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:48:37 PM, Halt06 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
The only way to create equality economically is socialism which is a bad idea.

I thought of this story when i read your post.

An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had once failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama's socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer. The professor then said, "OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama's plan". All grades would be averaged and everyone would receive the same grade so no one would fail and no one would receive an A. After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little. The second test average was a D! No one was happy. When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F. The scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else. All failed, to their great surprise, and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed.

Could not be any simpler than that.

I've already refuted this idiotic story. I don't believe this story is true since an economics professor wouldn't be dumb enough to not understand socialism. Making sure everyone has an equal wage is not even close to socialism. Plus if you actually look at his policies, you will find that Obama is far from socialist.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:13:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 11:11:46 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:40:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:36:52 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:35:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Probably got dragged down the hole by the regulations given them, and the rational expectations of future taxes for Obamacare given them.

How would regulations stop job creation?

Raise cost of doing business, forbid certain innovations, make you divert money from growth sectors to lawyers... How the hell could you think they wouldn't?

Because they have so much extra money already.

There is no money that is "extra" to the job creation process, money not consumed is invested.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:16:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 11:11:46 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:40:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:36:52 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:35:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:31:01 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 9:56:52 PM, 16kadams wrote:
You forget the rich make the jobs...

Where are the fvcking jobs they were supposed to make with the cuts we gave them?!

Probably got dragged down the hole by the regulations given them, and the rational expectations of future taxes for Obamacare given them.

How would regulations stop job creation?

Raise cost of doing business, forbid certain innovations, make you divert money from growth sectors to lawyers... How the hell could you think they wouldn't?

Because they have so much extra money already.

That "extra" money (not to be rude but who are you to define how much of someone else's money is extra?) doesn't just go to them, it helps employ others as well... Higher taxes + more regulations = less employees
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:17:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, I assume you have extra money rouge, correct?

So, therefore, I want it. You don't need it. I want it.

Your almost certainly richer than me, and you don't need that money, so I deserve it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:20:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh, and i like the new pic rogue. Is cool. :)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:20:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 11:17:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Well, I assume you have extra money rouge, correct?

So, therefore, I want it. You don't need it. I want it.

Your almost certainly richer than me, and you don't need that money, so I deserve it.

Though I disagree with her points she's talking about taking money from the super rich. She isn't super rich. Also she's talking about doing good/productive things with that money (welfare, education). So though I disagree with her points your analogy, if it can be called that, is faulty.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:22:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 11:20:59 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 11:17:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Well, I assume you have extra money rouge, correct?

So, therefore, I want it. You don't need it. I want it.

Your almost certainly richer than me, and you don't need that money, so I deserve it.

Though I disagree with her points she's talking about taking money from the super rich. She isn't super rich. Also she's talking about doing good/productive things with that money (welfare, education). So though I disagree with her points your analogy, if it can be called that, is faulty.

But, to me, she is super-rich. That's what I'm saying.

I got like 10$ right now, and I need money.

Since she almost certainly makes MUCH money than me, I want it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-