Jump to topic:

To Rouge

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:00:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can I please have 10% of your money? I want you to go to the bank, take out 10% and give it to me. I don't have a job right now (in my area of Florida teenage employment is almost unheard of due to the economy).

I think I deserve this money.

Message me and I'll give you my address. I need it!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:06:39 PM
I want a 12,000 dollar check now. That us the average money given from welfare.

Sound fair now? No! Welfare is unfair.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:07:05 PM
Pay up.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:12:40 PM
Lol we won.

No seriously our logic makes sense.

But now pay up $12,000 now.

The other % goes to that dead guy in the ER, dumba-- didn't wear a helmet on a motor cycle.

See the point? Wasted nanny state govermebt kiss you boo boo policies make this much sense.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:13:22 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:12:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Lol we won.

No seriously our logic makes sense.

But now pay up $12,000 now.

The other % goes to that dead guy in the ER, dumba-- didn't wear a helmet on a motor cycle.

See the point? Wasted nanny state goverment kiss your boo boo policies make this much sense.

Fixed
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:14:00 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:00:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Can I please have 10% of your money? I want you to go to the bank, take out 10% and give it to me. I don't have a job right now (in my area of Florida teenage employment is almost unheard of due to the economy).

Lolz CP I have a story you might appreciate.

We used to run up against capitalism kritiks a lot in debate (google "debate kritik" if you don't know what that means) and our coach always told us to respond to those by asking our opponents for their pens, or shirts, or laptops, because those were all the results of a capitalist society. Of course it backfired once when he came back and said that his laptop was made in China, a communist society XD
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:15:52 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:14:00 PM, thett3 wrote:

We used to run up against capitalism kritiks a lot in debate (google "debate kritik" if you don't know what that means) and our coach always told us to respond to those by asking our opponents for their pens, or shirts, or laptops, because those were all the results of a capitalist society. Of course it backfired once when he came back and said that his laptop was made in China, a communist society XD

Lol I love it.

That's what I'm doing now haha she needs to put her money where her mouth is.

On my own I have 700 dollars to my name (independent of my parents)

If she has more money, according to her, she owes me.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:28:06 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:15:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Lol I love it.

Crap I owe you.

1000 then 40% income tax.

Want 400 dollars? But you don't need to look for a job, oh wait you corrupt the system and say you have 156 kids? Here's 1000$ all total.

Failed logic. :)
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:28:53 PM

First of all it's Rogue. Not Rouge.

And you know what? If you didn't have a job and I was the richest person in the U.S. I would give it to you. If I had money to give that I don't need sure as hell would be giving it away. But I don't.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:30:12 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:28:53 PM, rogue wrote:

And you know what? If you didn't have a job and I was the richest person in the U.S. I would give it to you. If I had money to give that I don't need sure as hell would be giving it away. But I don't.

Hey but you support welfare. Welfare is taken from all people, not just the rich.

You believe in equality. So start giving me money until we are equal.

Lets go.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:30:13 PM

Lol I love it.

No idiot. If I have money to spare, I should be generous and caring enough to give it to you who needs it much more than I do.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:31:15 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:28:06 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Lol I love it.

Crap I owe you.

1000 then 40% income tax.

Want 400 dollars? But you don't need to look for a job, oh wait you corrupt the system and say you have 156 kids? Here's 1000$ all total.

Failed logic. :)

I can see her viewpoint. It truly is disgusting that our society values pop culture artists and sports players more than education. I just don't think theft to support an inefficient system is the answer.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:31:51 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:30:13 PM, rogue wrote:

Lol I love it.

No idiot. If I have money to spare, I should be generous and caring enough to give it to you who needs it much more than I do.

Wait so are you saying you shouldn't give money away if you don't want to?

Or we should just take it from the rich? Then there would be no rich thus equality.

So start making us equal. Spread the wealth.

"idiot"? Ad hominem makes it look like your slipping...
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:33:02 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:30:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Hey but you support welfare. Welfare is taken from all people, not just the rich.

Lets go.

Did I say until we are equal? Don't strawman me. I said until we all live comfortably and can have a sound and basic education.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:35:05 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:33:02 PM, rogue wrote:

Lets go.

Did I say until we are equal? Don't strawman me. I said until we all live comfortably and can have a sound and basic education.

Everyone living comfortably = equal.

Anyways, even so, according to the rest of the world EVERYONE in america lives comfortably so take your message to Africa or South Asia.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:38:46 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:35:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Lets go.

this isn't true at all.

Anyways, even so, according to the rest of the world EVERYONE in america lives comfortably so take your message to Africa or South Asia.

That isn't good either and I wish I could help them too. That doesn't make what happens here right.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:40:06 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:38:46 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/2/2012 10:35:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Lets go.

this isn't true at all.

That isn't good either and I wish I could help them too. That doesn't make what happens here right.

Yes it is true. Who gets to define "living comfortably" you? The government?

Obviously the government right?

If you're alive that's good enough.

The United States is much better than Africa. Go help them first.

Go on. Go.

I'm out.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:15:23 PM
All I gotta say about this thread.

Oh snap!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:33:59 PM

You said I WOULD. Note the usage of I. This I dictates voulentary not forced giving. Well welfare is forced. You had a major contradiction there.
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:42:39 PM
: Anyways, even so, according to the rest of the world EVERYONE in america lives comfortably so take your message to Africa or South Asia.

Yeah, living in your car in the middle of winter is so comfortable. Being turned away at a homeless shelter because there is no more room or food is totally comfortable. I'm not saying things are wonderful in Africa or South Asia but come on, you're being unrealistic.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:42:44 PM
You know what I find funny? Two supposed "Christians" complaining about giving to the poor LMAO
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 12:42:50 PM
No response? My, aren't we brave when were ganging up on someone. Cowards.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 2:31:55 PM

Yep, I forgot, supporters of welfare are somehow magically immune from paying taxes (and thus welfare). But you've got a point. Given that you seem to support the war on terror, I take it you're getting ready to enlist in the armed forces?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 2:55:14 PM
At 2/3/2012 12:42:50 PM, MarquisX wrote:

I'll give to the poor on my own, I'll give what I see is fit to who I see fit.

Give with your right hand in secret so that the left knows not what you're doing.

Jesus NEVER advocated for the government to give to the poor. He never advocated for the government to take from one group and give to the other.

That happens on an individual basis.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 3:15:02 PM
At 2/3/2012 2:55:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/3/2012 12:42:50 PM, MarquisX wrote:

I'll give to the poor on my own, I'll give what I see is fit to who I see fit.

Give with your right hand in secret so that the left knows not what you're doing.

Jesus NEVER advocated for the government to give to the poor. He never advocated for the government to take from one group and give to the other.

That happens on an individual basis.

Acts 4:32-35

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Two people were killed for not conforming to this in Acts 5:1-11

1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.
3 Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God."

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?"

"Yes," she said, "that is the price."

9 Peter said to her, "How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:30:00 PM

In Michigan, we have laws that makes it illegal not to wear a helmet while using a motorcycle.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan