Jump to topic:

Abortion Paradox Solved

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 6:59:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:09:30 PM
This is true. "Feminist logic" simply states that whatever the women thinks is automatically what it is, and therefore correct. Women are all powerful and can decide what something means. Of course, this is completely ludicrous in the real world but feminists are dipsh!t crazy.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:18:34 PM
At 2/3/2012 7:09:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is true. "Feminist logic" simply states that whatever the women thinks is automatically what it is, and therefore correct. Women are all powerful and can decide what something means. Of course, this is completely ludicrous in the real world but feminists are dipsh!t crazy.:

Equally idiotic is the notion of the State being infallible and incapable of being wrong only account of it being the State... That's what we, in the biz, call a tautalogy.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:21:13 PM
Dang. Very true.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:29:42 PM
There's another solution, different people wrote those two laws.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:30:33 PM
A coherent offense, would, instead be "Abortion without permission of the carrier" or something.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:45:25 PM
Here is what I, an admitted liberal, think:

I think it is up to the mother to decide whether her embryo should stay or go. Embryos don't have the power to regulate themselves--one of the cornerstones neccisary for life--so I think that abortion, before the baby/fetus is able to live outside the womb, should be an option available to the mother.

However, a person trying to kill an embryo without the mother's consent is one thing, and one thing only: assault. It should be charged as such if the fetus is not viable. If the fetus is viable (and if I'm not messing up the terminology horribly), then murder should also be placed on the assailant.

Also, please refrain from posting just video clips as OPs in the future. I'd rather read a sensible OP then to watch a sensible video in place of one.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:57:20 PM
At 2/3/2012 7:18:34 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/3/2012 7:09:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is true. "Feminist logic" simply states that whatever the women thinks is automatically what it is, and therefore correct. Women are all powerful and can decide what something means. Of course, this is completely ludicrous in the real world but feminists are dipsh!t crazy.:

Equally idiotic is the notion of the State being infallible and incapable of being wrong only account of it being the State... That's what we, in the biz, call a tautalogy.

1. That is not at all comparable to this case at hand.

2. It's a joke.... I don't seriously believe the State is always infallible. I believe in State power, but it can sometimes be wrong (but it's good to not make it wrong).
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:03:09 PM
At 2/3/2012 7:45:25 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

I think it is up to the mother to decide whether her embryo should stay or go. Embryos don't have the power to regulate themselves--one of the cornerstones neccisary for life--so I think that abortion, before the baby/fetus is able to live outside the womb, should be an option available to the mother.

However, a person trying to kill an embryo without the mother's consent is one thing, and one thing only: assault. It should be charged as such if the fetus is not viable. If the fetus is viable (and if I'm not messing up the terminology horribly), then murder should also be placed on the assailant.

Also, please refrain from posting just video clips as OPs in the future. I'd rather read a sensible OP then to watch a sensible video in place of one.

And also, here is my take on it.

If a egg is fertilized, and its on its way to being a human being, why the heck are we killing it?

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

Just like you grow up to be a man, a little egg grows to be a baby.

If we left it as it was basically, it will be become a baby.

No question.

So why the hell do we have the authority to kill it?

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:10:19 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:03:09 PM, OberHerr wrote:

If a egg is fertilized, and its on its way to being a human being, why the heck are we killing it?

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

No question.

I respect your opinion, but I have to differ. I think that, even though that it will become a human, it still is an bunch of cells at that moment. Destroying a bunch of cells which do not amount to much does not equal a human being.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:12:03 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:10:19 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

No question.

I respect your opinion, but I have to differ. I think that, even though that it will become a human, it still is an bunch of cells at that moment. Destroying a bunch of cells which do not amount to much does not equal a human being.

What it comes down to I guess for the Abortion debate, is when the baby becomes the baby.

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:15:54 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:12:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/3/2012 8:10:19 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

No question.

What it comes down to I guess for the Abortion debate, is when the baby becomes the baby.

That is the murky waters in which the debate rests for me. I believe that the scientific definition of life should be used in drawing the line in the sand. (able to maintain homeostasis, react to stimuli, etc.)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 10:32:22 PM
However, a person trying to kill an embryo without the mother's consent is one thing, and one thing only: assault.
Sounds more like aggravated battery to me, depending on jurisdiction

The simple rule is-- assault is when you intentionally make someone reasonably fear unwanted touching, battery is when you do the unwanted touching. That's civil, criminal requires the touching to be violent and all that.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 10:33:27 PM
Also, if a 21 year old person were in your womb without your consent you'd be able to kill it just like you do a fetus.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 10:51:14 PM
13 month fetus?
Wtf, 4 months over term?

Also it's not a baby cause she's pregnant, you can't be pregnant with a baby, only an embryo or zygote.

I do disagree with murder charges, emotional distress, assault, etc.

It being a fetus is simple science, no matter how much someone thinks against it or wants to change it.

Also I wish he would figure out what feminism actually is -__-.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 10:57:04 PM
I'm all kinds of facepalming, I think I'll respond to the worst one.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:07:12 PM

Alright, no facepalm yet.

*facepalm* this site has some stories to help you understand why http://www.imnotsorry.net...

But also look at it like there's a woman involved.
She has to carry it for 9 months.
she has to change how she lives her life.
she goes through morning sickness, pain, cramps, and cravings.
She may be laid off or denied a job.
She may have other children.
She may be in an abusive relationship.
She may have health issues that make birthing more dangerous.
Giving birth is 14 times as likely to kill you than an abortion is to have complications.
She bonds with it after time, especially after birth, making adoption very painful for everyone involved.
There are millions of kids in the world that need a home, ones that are living, breathing, thinking, feeling, and starving, bringing in another is basically stealing food from a family and causing their death, for something that is unwanted and cannot feel or think.

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

Becoming, it does not yet have any actual rights.
With age and development you gain rights.
At 18 I become a legal adult and can vote.
My birthday is 11/8/1994
You need to be born by 11/06/1994 to vote in the next election.
I will not have that right.
I am becoming an adult, I am not yet an adult, I do not have those rights.
A fetus is becoming a baby, it is not yet a baby, it does not have the same right to life that a baby has.

My point exactly.

Yes, but is not yet a baby, but basically a parasite (of the same species, so not an actual one) it has no rights, she does, her rights trump it's life any day.

No question.

lol,

Because it's in your body without permission, it causes harm, increases the risk of death for people, is a drain on resources, and every child should be wanted, loved, and well cared for, not forced on anyone.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 10:01:05 AM
At 2/3/2012 11:07:12 PM, lovelife wrote:

Alright, no facepalm yet.

*facepalm* this site has some stories to help you understand why http://www.imnotsorry.net...

But also look at it like there's a woman involved.
She has to carry it for 9 months.
she has to change how she lives her life.
she goes through morning sickness, pain, cramps, and cravings.
She may be laid off or denied a job.
She may have other children.
She may be in an abusive relationship.
She may have health issues that make birthing more dangerous.
Giving birth is 14 times as likely to kill you than an abortion is to have complications.
She bonds with it after time, especially after birth, making adoption very painful for everyone involved.
There are millions of kids in the world that need a home, ones that are living, breathing, thinking, feeling, and starving, bringing in another is basically stealing food from a family and causing their death, for something that is unwanted and cannot feel or think.
I think that your main argument is focused on that the baby inside the woman will have adverse effects on her body, her life, and general society. Also the fact that she sometimes did not "want" it inside her. This is again mindless blabbering from the feminist crowd. There is NO such thing as a accidental baby. Just by being at a party that serves drugs, by drinking alcohol, by taking drugs, or by consenting to sex, the person has done it completely out of their own will. To go back on it and say that it wasn't my fault is a complete contradiction. It was YOUR fault and you should live with the consequences, not make your baby die for them.

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

Becoming, it does not yet have any actual rights.
With age and development you gain rights.
At 18 I become a legal adult and can vote.
My birthday is 11/8/1994
You need to be born by 11/06/1994 to vote in the next election.
I will not have that right.
I am becoming an adult, I am not yet an adult, I do not have those rights.
A fetus is becoming a baby, it is not yet a baby, it does not have the same right to life that a baby has.
Yes, but the point is that we are not arguing about rights such as the right to vote and petty things like that. We are talking about the greatest right that a person has and deserves, the right to life. Scientifically, not only does the fetus have completely unique DNA from the parents and is a new human being, but the process of human development and life starts at conception (biologically). Science is not on your side, it is on my side.

My point exactly.
Which is....?

Yes, but is not yet a baby, but basically a parasite (of the same species, so not an actual one) it has no rights, she does, her rights trump it's life any day.
Scientifically, it can be defined as a parasite. However, the women consented to have the parasite in her, unlike with other parasites. Again, this is a major contradiction in the feminist ideology.
No question.

lol,

Because it's in your body without permission, it causes harm, increases the risk of death for people, is a drain on resources, and every child should be wanted, loved, and well cared for, not forced on anyone.

I highlighted the parts that are either completely correct, or completely wrong. The baby is in your body because you consented to the events that led to it being there. No ifs, ands, or buts. You consented.... Deal with the consequences.
The second part is completely correct, every baby, no matter location, should be wanted and loved, not killed.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 10:48:59 AM
I believe that women should ultimately decide whether or not abortion is just, here is my opinion.
I believe the US should create a super-council made up of only respected and intelligent women. This council will meet for one month in New York City and have a super once-and-for-all debate over the legality of abortion. Then on Mothers day the council will announce their decision and reasons why.
I believe that whatever their decision is should become the law
I believe that late term abortion be outlawed immediately.

I believe I will have a scotch....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 11:14:17 AM
At 2/4/2012 10:48:59 AM, imabench wrote:
I believe that women should ultimately decide whether or not abortion is just, here is my opinion.
I believe the US should create a super-council made up of only respected and intelligent women. This council will meet for one month in New York City and have a super once-and-for-all debate over the legality of abortion. Then on Mothers day the council will announce their decision and reasons why.
I believe that whatever their decision is should become the law
I believe that late term abortion be outlawed immediately.

I believe I will have a scotch....

I see a problem, in that who decides on these women? I mean, they are going to be biased, no matter what.

TBH, this doesn't sound like that great an idea, not to mention the fact that no one would agreed with it, if it contradicted what they believed.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 2:24:12 PM

IT IS BECOMING A BABY.

No question.

http://www.prolife.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross